yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, pineappleheadindc, WizStorm, nate33, miller31time

Post#691 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Fri Feb 1, 2013 3:47 pm by montestewart

miller31time wrote:It's just so frustrating. Ted was supposed to be the beacon of light. The guy who comes in and saves the team from the piss-poor management of the last regime.

If I were a conservative, I'd directly compare this to the current political process.

You're on, Popper.
montestewart
General Manager
And1: 872

Post#692 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Fri Feb 1, 2013 4:15 pm by Higga

Ted talked a bunch of junk when his Caps were the "gold standard" franchise in D.C. Fast forward a few years and it's amazing how fast things have turned. The non owned Ted teams in D.C. are both looking great, while the Ted teams are the worst in their leagues.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Higga
Analyst
And1: 307

Post#693 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sat Feb 2, 2013 10:14 pm by closg00

Ted is 100% under the spell of Ernie Grunfeld, when Ted speaks, I hear Ernie whispering in his ear. Read Kevin"s excellent piece and you will be convinced that the Wizards franchise is doomed with Dum & Dummer in-charge.
http://broomonthewarpath.sportsblog.com ... zards.html
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 194

Post#694 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sat Feb 2, 2013 11:51 pm by FAH1223

Higga wrote:Ted talked a bunch of junk when his Caps were the "gold standard" franchise in D.C. Fast forward a few years and it's amazing how fast things have turned. The non owned Ted teams in D.C. are both looking great, while the Ted teams are the worst in their leagues.

Shows that if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse.
FAH1223

Assistant Coach
And1: 327

Post#695 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sun Feb 3, 2013 10:17 am by leswizards

Nivek wrote:Over at the blog, I wrote this response to the Leonsis Q&A on WTOP.

A quote from Ted Leonsis taken from Kevin's blog:
"And the fans, they're bottom-line oriented. They want you to win."

While I agree that fans want to win, I disagree with the notion that they are bottom lined oriented. If that were the case, no one would ever be a Wizards' fan.

An executive for the Los Angeles Clippers is alleged to once have said "teams sell one of two things: success or hope". Right now, the Wizards are selling neither. That is the problem with the injury excuse. The Wizards problems run deeper than injuries, and for us as fans to have hope that success is around the corner, we need to have faith that the Wizards' front office understand that the problems run deeper than injuries, and are taking steps to correct those problems.
leswizards
Junior
And1: 57

Post#696 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sun Feb 3, 2013 11:36 am by TGW

Ted's latest post is about injuries. Same old excuses...
milellie111 wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
Lead Assistant
And1: 656

Post#697 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sun Feb 3, 2013 4:04 pm by Chocolate City Jordanaire

The problem with his excuse is Nene had injuries with Denver.

Ted got suckered IMO by Denver's GM. They waited right up to the trade deadline to make the deal with EG and Ted. Denver had "buyer's remorse". The only reason they would re-sign Nene and trade him so quickly is that the guy stays hurt. Nene began experiencing foot problems months before he became a Wizard, but after he signed the deal with Denver. Ted using injuries as an excuse does not seem to be able to reconcile that he acquired that likelihood.

Ted acquired Okafor as Emeka was coming off his worst season ever, many missed games, and downward career production numbers. That gamble is paying off some, as Okafor is putting up better numbers than he has in years. In this case a player is NOT injured.

Beal's injury should not derail a team with him being 19 years old.
Will the Wizards' success be sustained or was it fool's gold?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#698 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sun Feb 3, 2013 4:12 pm by Illuminaire

Emeka is also a high-injury risk threat. He's playing great now, but he's had a bad back since college. He can go down any time.
Illuminaire
Starter
And1: 101

Post#699 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sun Feb 3, 2013 4:26 pm by montestewart

Illuminaire wrote:Emeka is also a high-injury risk threat. He's playing great now, but he's had a bad back since college. He can go down any time.

If Okafor played out the two years here at the level he's playing right now, and Nene played at the level he was playing when he got here and earlier this season for most of his contract, and neither suffered appreciable lost time due to injuries, Terd and Ernie would deserve credit for taking a risk and winning. The moves might have hindered maneuverability, but the players came through.

For now, I'll give them credit for Okafor, because he's more than I expected, but they want credit for Okafor without accountability for Nene being injured. He arrived injured, he'd lost time to injury last season with Denver, prior to the trade, he's lost significant time to injury in prior seasons, and he despite that, he was allowed to play in the Olympics. Nene's health issues didn't just fall from the sky. That's on Terd and Ernie.
montestewart
General Manager
And1: 872

Post#700 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Sun Feb 3, 2013 6:11 pm by Illuminaire

That's a fair statement, Monte. I agree. They can have credit for Okafor - IF they take proper responsibility for Nene. But they can't have on without the other.
Illuminaire
Starter
And1: 101

Post#701 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Tue Feb 5, 2013 10:52 am by GhostsOfGil

leswizards wrote:While I agree that fans want to win, I disagree with the notion that they are bottom lined oriented. If that were the case, no one would ever be a Wizards' fan.

An executive for the Los Angeles Clippers is alleged to once have said "teams sell one of two things: success or hope". Right now, the Wizards are selling neither.
That is the problem with the injury excuse. The Wizards problems run deeper than injuries, and for us as fans to have hope that success is around the corner, we need to have faith that the Wizards' front office understand that the problems run deeper than injuries, and are taking steps to correct those problems.

+1 This is a great post.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 716

Post#702 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm by fishercob

LEARNING TO WIN
Posted on April 06, 2011
Read these quotes. See the players' confidence building. See players developing right before your eyes. That is what a rebuild is all about. A new big three has announced its arrival - Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Big minutes - big productivity - big results. And wins, too. We are short-handed and so players are getting bigger minutes to show the world what they can do. We have two first round draft picks next off season. We have cap space. We are young. We have upside. We are becoming an exciting team to watch. The sun is shining out today. Admit it. It feels good to be Wizards fans watching the rebuild unfold, yes? I am so grateful to you all and I appreciate all of your positive emails. Thank you.

No, Ted.

Thank, YOU!!
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
‚ÄĒ Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 587

Post#703 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 pm by GhostsOfGil

^ sigged
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 716

Post#704 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm by Benjammin

fishercob wrote:
LEARNING TO WIN
Posted on April 06, 2011
Read these quotes. See the players' confidence building. See players developing right before your eyes. That is what a rebuild is all about. A new big three has announced its arrival - Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Big minutes - big productivity - big results. And wins, too. We are short-handed and so players are getting bigger minutes to show the world what they can do. We have two first round draft picks next off season. We have cap space. We are young. We have upside. We are becoming an exciting team to watch. The sun is shining out today. Admit it. It feels good to be Wizards fans watching the rebuild unfold, yes? I am so grateful to you all and I appreciate all of your positive emails. Thank you.

No, Ted.

Thank, YOU!!

Another one bites the dust, and another one's down, another one's down, another one bites the dust...
Benjammin
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#705 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 pm by keynote

Ted needs to stop falling for EG's lines. He's never going to leave his wife for you, Ted. You can do better.
Too high to get over; too low to get under. We're stuck in the middle, and the pain is thunder.
keynote

Lead Assistant
And1: 264

Post#706 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm by bgroban

Ted, in case you are reading this:

Mystics - 12th place out of 12 teams
Wizards - 28th place out of 30 teams
Capitals - 29th place out of 30 teams

PATHETIC
PATHETIC
PATHETIC
bgroban
Junior
And1: 13

Post#707 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 pm by dandridge 10

At this point, I can't even blame Ernie anymore. The blame all should go to Ted. There is enough evidence to demonstrate that Ernie is a failure. If a boss sticks with an employee that is sabotaging the company, it is the boss's fault for retaining him.

This is probably the most discouraged I have been as a Wizards fan and a season ticket holder. I thought Ted was going to be the savior for this franchise and I had hope for the first time in a long time. I no longer have that hope.
dandridge 10
Starter
And1: 179

Post#708 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm by Ruzious

fishercob wrote:
LEARNING TO WIN
Posted on April 06, 2011

No, Ted.

Thank, YOU!!

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, vomit, or recoil into the fetal position.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
And1: 470

Post#709 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm by bgroban

Ted's teams will never win a championship.
bgroban
Junior
And1: 13

Post#710 Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leons
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:55 pm by nate33

bgroban wrote:Ted, in case you are reading this:

Mystics - 12th place out of 12 teams
Wizards - 28th place out of 30 teams
Capitals - 29th place out of 30 teams

PATHETIC
PATHETIC
PATHETIC

Wow. That pretty much says it all right there.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 1,154

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards