ImageImageImageImageImage

Jordan Crawford

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Re: Jordan Crawford 

Post#841 » by Illuminaire » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm going to take the minority position and say the 76ers pick actually has real value. I'd give the 76ers better odds to be a playoff team next year than not, unless they make roster moves to avoid it. They have a lot of talent on the roster already and the East will still be weak.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#842 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Ruzious wrote:
verbal8 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:The Golden State Warriors have acquired Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks for Toney Douglas and part of their traded player exception in a three-team trade with the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat.

The Warriors have been looking to improve their backcourt depth, with discussions also taking place for Kyle Lowry and Kirk Hinrich.

The Heat will acquire Douglas, while sending Joel Anthony to the Celtics.

The Celtics will also receive the protected future first round pick of the Philadelphia 76ers from the Heat, along with a future second round pick. The pick from the 76ers is lottery protected in 2014 and 2015 and then becomes a second rounder.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN reports that the deal will likely save upwards of $10 million for the Heat in salary and luxury tax.

That is a return, but not a huge one for the Celtics. That pick might turn out to be a 1st in 2015. But I think the return was for taking on Anthony rather than giving up Crawford.

Yeah, it sounds like 2 separate trades smashed together. First, they traded Crawford and Brooks for... Toney Douglas and a traded player exception. Then, they traded Douglas and the exception to Miami for Anthony, a protected Philly pick, and a future 2nd rounder. The 2nd part of that looks a lot better for Boston than the first.

Anthony hardly played for Miami, but he was depth in case of injury. I wonder if trading him means Miami thinks Oden's going to be ready to play - though I'm sure saving 10 mil was plenty of incentive for them to make the trade.

Ruzstradamus at your service. Fees are negotiable and outrageous.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,996

Post#843 » by dckingsfan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Crawford had a good line for the Warrior's last night sans the 2 TOs.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#844 » by jivelikenice » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Saw the game. Jordan looked good and back in his element but much like we saw in Boston, that shooting isnt sustainable.

Separate note on GSW, Barnes looks totally lost out there...
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#845 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Crawford has been traded three times in three years. Each has actually been a better team for Crawford. Jordan did better with Washington than with Atlanta. With Boston his PER became above average and JC even won NBA player of the week.

He can't miss IMO as sixth man behind Curry. He's going to get lots of minutes on a higher seed playoff team.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#846 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:53 pm

nate33 wrote:
verbal8 wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:Jordan Crawford has basically been traded for a ham sandwich at this point. The team trading him has gotten almost nothing of value in return.

He didn't even get pure cap space. I think the Brooks/Douglas swap is pretty close, but Douglas gets paid $400K more.

So the Celtics trade Crawford's expiring contract for Joel Anthony's 2015 expiring contract plus two 2nd round picks. (Technically, it's one 2nd plus Philly's lotto protected 1st which defaults to a 2nd rounder if the Sixers miss the playoffs this year and next year.)

So, yeah. Crawford has no real value in the trade. Those 2nd rounders are compensation for the Celtics absorbing Joel Anthony's 2015 salary.

Crawford must be a real ass in the locker room. He is now on his 4th team despite being a reasonably productive player. Nobody wants him.

Golden State has Jerry West advising their personnel moves.

Bye bye Beal.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#847 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey

Despite Crawford's gaudy Boston stats, word has it team members that matter had branded him "selfish." Let's hide & watch 2 c if stigma fits
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#848 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey

But Crawford's role is larger than just scoring. Especially if it's at expense of Barnes, 0-8 in same games. Mission is 2 get him involved
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#849 » by TGW » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Crawford has been traded three times in three years. Each has actually been a better team for Crawford. Jordan did better with Washington than with Atlanta. With Boston his PER became above average and JC even won NBA player of the week.

He can't miss IMO as sixth man behind Curry. He's going to get lots of minutes on a higher seed playoff team.

Or not.

Crawford has been a terrible flop on the Warriors, and they don't want the guy at all.

Some commentary from Warriors fans:

Crawford isn't gonna cut it as a backup PG. He hasn't shown any PG skills. Might as well be a SG.

Blake is a PG. Dude is averaging a tick under 8APG, top 10 in the league in assists. This is what we need, not a SG in a PG body like Douglas or Crawford.

Our Crawford has been a disappointment. I don't how how he became a starter for Boston.

e played half the season with only two NBA guards on the roster. Then we got a half a guard in Crawford.

This is Crawford all over again - he was allowed to do whatever on a crap team, and because of that, he got some #s and helped his team win a few games. And he's come here and been limited by playing time and other players.

There has to be another deal coming because the Warriors have too many true point guards now. There is no need for Crawford.

f Steph were to turn an ankle and miss the next 20 games, with Blake as the backup the Warriors still would have a strong shot of winning at LEAST half those games. I wouldn't say the same with Crawford...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
RealGM

Post#850 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:18 am

That certainly is definitive. It must be over for Crawford if those guys say so.

What can I say vs five smileys?
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM

Post#851 » by TGW » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:That certainly is definitive. It must be over for Crawford if those guys say so.

What can I say vs five smileys?

It wasn't just those guys who said so. Their GM doesn't want Crawford either. He was put on the block approximately a month after they traded for him...is that enough convincing for you?
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
RealGM

Post#852 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:55 am

http://www.nba.com/games/20140224/GSWDET/gameinfo.html

Curry had 19, Thompson 19, and Crawford had 15 points in 18 minutes (4-8 threes, +6) today. GS won.

How exactly is Crawford terrible?
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#853 » by AFM » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:26 am

Everyone knows Crawford is a baller. But every team that gets him wants him gone. There must be something else, CCJ. Could simply just be a dick.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#854 » by Illuminaire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:04 am

My theory is that Crawford has 100% of Kobe Bryant's attitude but only 50% of his talent.

He's that guy on your pick-up team who tries to crossover dudes and launch fade-away jumpshots every single time he touches the ball. Which is every time your team gets it, because he won't stop waving his hands and calling for it until you give him the rock. Yes, he makes a respectable number of those shots. Yes, he tries hard (on offense, at least). But he's just not fun to play with and he doesn't make a team better.

I don't think it's intentional. If anything, I think he has the best of intentions. He just really, truly believes that he's the greatest offensive weapon his team could possibly have - why *shouldn't* the ball be in his hands?

Anyways, just my theory. :P
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#855 » by hands11 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:35 am

AFM wrote:Everyone knows Crawford is a baller. But every team that gets him wants him gone. There must be something else, CCJ. Could simply just be a dick.

Or it could be his large balls

But yeah, Crawfords personality have always been an issue. He is very stezzy. Bradley Beal is is not.

RealGM

Post#856 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 am

Crawford does have extra high self esteem.

Bye bye Beal.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#857 » by mohammed10 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Crawford does have extra high self esteem.

No doubt Big Balls is a legend in his own mind...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#858 » by hands11 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:39 pm

mohammed10 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Crawford does have extra high self esteem.

No doubt Big Balls is a legend in his own mind...

Well to add some perceptive.

30 teams and lets say 4 guards play for each team. That 120

He does get regular minutes. He has played in 56 games. He started 35 and a good chuck as the starting PG this year while in Boston. That had him as 1 of 30. That's a pretty exclusive group.

There are a crap load of basketball players in the US and around the world that would love to be in his position. He travels around the country playing basketball against arguably the best players there are. And makes 2M this year to do it. 3M next year if someone signs him.

Its a very competitive game played out on TV and broadcast around the world. Gotta have some level of swag to do that. You also have to have some level of maturity to handle it all correctly so you can keep playing at this very high level and not flame out. I have said many times that personality is a differentiator that if often overlooked or undervalued. A Kobe or an MJ or KD aren't just extremely talented physically, they bring all the mental components needed to be who they are and sustain playing at a high level.

A dude like Crawford have to battle going from struggle to make that 1 of 120 list to being back of a 1 in 30 list to not being 1 of 30 to changing positions and roles. Gotta have confidence to handle all that. He has to go from dealing with insecurity to being the man then back again. Not an easy road to navigate.
Hypnotizer
Rookie
And1: 265

Post#859 » by Hypnotizer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:34 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jcraw55/status/536058170733756417[/tweet]
TGW
RealGM

Post#860 » by TGW » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:16 am

Heard he's tearing it up for XinXang. What a beast!

:laugh:

Return to Washington Wizards