Jordan Crawford

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Jordan Crawford 

Post#21 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:20 pm

I was actually ready to write Crawford off - until he hit those 3's. The Wiz NEED their 2 to hit 3's, and he's taken some ugly looking jumpers. For as much as he drives, he gotta draw more fouls - but that's typical for a rookie - no respect from the officials. It is nice that we finally have a 2 that can pass a little bit. But him being a smallish 2, he's got to be more efficient - like Nate said. Overall, he's got to show more, and he'll get the chance.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RT31
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by RT31 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:04 pm

i will say, watching him and wall together is pretty fun. either one can take it coast-to-coast at any given moment.
that said, not a long term solution at starting 2.

but it does make the games a little more fun. well, more fun than watching blatche pump fake 8 times, then jack up an 18 footer.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,811

Post#23 » by tontoz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 pm

I say let Crawford jack up all the shots he wants. The Wizards are in tank mode anyway and letting him shoot through some bad shots, without having to worry about getting the hook, will likely make him feel more comfortable out there.

The funny thing is that with the Hawks the one thing he did reasonably well early on, in the rare times he got on the court, was shoot 3s. Other than that he didn't show much. All the driving, finishing and playmaking that we have seen since he got here were a surprise to me.

He must be thrilled not to be playing behind JJ and Jamal. I think we should just be glad both guys are here and stop trying to choose between them.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 226

Post#24 » by myrak433 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 pm

tontoz wrote:I say let Crawford jack up all the shots he wants. The Wizards are in tank mode anyway and letting him shoot through some bad shots, without having to worry about getting the hook, will likely make him feel more comfortable out there.

The funny thing is that with the Hawks the one thing he did reasonably well early on, in the rare times he got on the court, was shoot 3s. Other than that he didn't show much. All the driving, finishing and playmaking that we have seen since he got here were a surprise to me.

He must be thrilled not to be playing behind JJ and Jamal. I think we should just be glad both guys are here and stop trying to choose between them.

that is not true. he showed flashes of his playmaking ability and ability to get to the rim. he just didn't get hardly any playing time. he is a rookie that has hardly had any time to play through his mistakes. you guys have a gem in JC2... oh and he is the same height as Dwyane Wade, he is only 22. I am sure he can put on 15 to 20 pounds of muscle within the next year or two. 6'4" 215 lbs is big enough to gaurd a NBA SG.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#25 » by wermolwermol777 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:17 am

juan dixon and bench scoring
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:21 am

myrak433 wrote:
tontoz wrote:I say let Crawford jack up all the shots he wants. The Wizards are in tank mode anyway and letting him shoot through some bad shots, without having to worry about getting the hook, will likely make him feel more comfortable out there.

that is not true. he showed flashes of his playmaking ability and ability to get to the rim. he just didn't get hardly any playing time. he is a rookie that has hardly had any time to play through his mistakes. you guys have a gem in JC2... oh and he is the same height as Dwyane Wade, he is only 22. I am sure he can put on 15 to 20 pounds of muscle within the next year or two. 6'4" 215 lbs is big enough to gaurd a NBA SG.

It's true that Wade measured only 3/4 of an inch taller than Crawford, but Wade is such a ridiculously explosive freak of an athlete that it almost doesn't matter. I have a tough time seeing Crawford matching up at all against Wade, and I've seen Nick Young do a nice job against him a couple of times. But I'll try to keep an open mind throughout the rest of the season and judge him at the end.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 226

Post#27 » by myrak433 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:55 am

I am not at all trying to say that Crawford will ever be anything close to Wade. but give the young fella at least two years before you make judgement on him, all players are better in year three than they where in year one. and you must admit he has shown better than most rookies this time of year at only having about 9 or ten games of consistent play, with everyone one else having a 55 games played head start on him.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#28 » by hands11 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:27 am

zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:crawford just needs to work on his shot selection. other than that, he looks like he will be a great complement to wall in a few years. imo rookie crawford has been more impressive than rookie nick young. i may be the only one who thinks this, but moving forward, i think we should look to build with wall and crawford rather than wall and young.

And you determined this after how many games exactly ?
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#29 » by willbcocks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:46 am

Zards, I've been saying that since his second game here. His presence makes signing Young unnecessary.

Also, I disagree that he doesn't have the size to play the two. He's lanky, he's got the no-neck thing going on, and he plays bigger than his size. Give him and Wall a couple of years and they could become a great defensive combo on the perimeter.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#30 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm

hands11 wrote:
zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:crawford just needs to work on his shot selection. other than that, he looks like he will be a great complement to wall in a few years. imo rookie crawford has been more impressive than rookie nick young. i may be the only one who thinks this, but moving forward, i think we should look to build with wall and crawford rather than wall and young.

And you determined this after how many games exactly ?

just my opinion mate. i remember a lot of us writing nick young off due to his poor shot selection and inability to drive to the hoop, and look how hes improved. my only point was that imo, i think crawford has more potential then rookie nick young and can be a great complement to wall, given time.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,593

Post#31 » by pancakes3 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:34 pm

i don't know why it's one or the other with Nick and Jamal. both will be able to be kept long term on the cheap. plus, nick can play spot minutes at the 3 and Crawford spot mins at the 1. shouldn't we be patting ourselves on the back for assembling a great core backcourt in wall/crawford/young instead of picking favorites and dreaming up trade scenarios?
Bullets -> Wizards
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#32 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 pm

pancakes3 wrote:i don't know why it's one or the other with Nick and Jamal. both will be able to be kept long term on the cheap. plus, nick can play spot minutes at the 3 and Crawford spot mins at the 1. shouldn't we be patting ourselves on the back for assembling a great core backcourt in wall/crawford/young instead of picking favorites and dreaming up trade scenarios?

Agreed. No reason we can't keep them both. I think the synergy between them is real good. The all need to get better, but there's no crying need to replace any of them.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#33 » by DaRealHibachi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:31 pm

nate33 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:i don't know why it's one or the other with Nick and Jamal. both will be able to be kept long term on the cheap. plus, nick can play spot minutes at the 3 and Crawford spot mins at the 1. shouldn't we be patting ourselves on the back for assembling a great core backcourt in wall/crawford/young instead of picking favorites and dreaming up trade scenarios?

Agreed. No reason we can't keep them both. I think the synergy between them is real good. The all need to get better, but there's no crying need to replace any of them.

+1 on both
:beer: Magnumt
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#34 » by queridiculo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Exactly what I am thinking. If Nick Young is willing to come back on a reasonable contract you keep both. This team isn't talented or deep enough at the guard position to just let solid players walk.

Crawford can be a high energy guy of the bench and has enough PG skills to earn minutes at both guard positions. I can see Crawford having the potential to be our version of Jason Terry only with much more tenacity getting to the basket.
hands11
Banned User

Post#35 » by hands11 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:25 am

hands11 wrote:Just glad we have the minutes to give him a good look. He showed some nice stuff last night.

Right now I have them keeping him as a second PG/SG

Why ?
Cuz EG held out of the trade until he was included. That means they see something they want to keep around a few years and he is signed cheap to a rookie contract.

Also, good insurance in Nick negotiations. He hasn't shown he can shoot like Nick yet but he has showed flashes. Hopefully the new CBA comes back with 3 year contracts because that would be perfect for Nick.

I would like to see Wall, Nick, with Crawford backing up the PG/SG where he runs the show sometimes as his first roll but also gets some burn at SG in reserve. Then they need to find pure shooter to add to the group. A Kyle K type or better. Make a vet type since this team is short of them.

Once they add another front court player via the draft, and Wall gets an off season to improve his outside shot more, they should be able to show the improvement I would want to see as the next step.

Wall/Craw
Nick/Craw/??
Lewis/Draft 2/ Maybe even Howard on another 1 year contract
Draft 1/Booker
Dray/McGee/Seraphin/Hamady

Vets: Lewis, maybe Howard, maybe back up SG
Not active/Gone: Yi, Mo, Musatfa

Still ready young but all assets should be worth more once they get to play with more talent. Then the next move will be more clear. The draft pick PF and SF is probably going to take 1-2 to develop. But with everyone being young, they will be coming along in sync with Wall.

Lewis may get renegotiated and keep as the back up long range shooter back up starter and if they get Howard on another 1 year they will get to pick between the two.

They have options. They should be better next year and moving in the right direction. Everyone should be putting in a lot of work this summer. Lots to prove next year. There is something they should be able to see coming together. The fight will be..do you want to be a part of the Wall team over the next 3 years. They finally have a star to build around. That chances a lot both with players here and FA who they look to bring here.

+1

Keep them both.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#36 » by Ed Wood » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 am

Nice quoting there, that hands fella must be a pretty smart guy.
ErikChowbay023
Junior
And1: 3

Post#37 » by ErikChowbay023 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:10 am

Ed Wood wrote:Nice quoting there, that hands fella must be a pretty smart guy.

He is quoting himself because he is trying to get some acknowledgement.

Hands often makes long, well thought out posts which often go unnoticed on this board. Simply due to the fact the many of you pick and chose whose posts you want to respond to. It makes it seem more like a click rather than a group of people discussing their favorite team together..
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#38 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:38 am

People also don't really have the time to read essays on a fan board. Though hands and his essays have come a long way since the days of BH, AT, AJ, GA, CB.
hands11
Banned User

Post#39 » by hands11 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:54 am

ErikChowbay023 wrote:
Ed Wood wrote:Nice quoting there, that hands fella must be a pretty smart guy.

He is quoting himself because he is trying to get some acknowledgement.

Hands often makes long, well thought out posts which often go unnoticed on this board. Simply due to the fact the many of you pick and chose whose posts you want to respond to. It makes it seem more like a click rather than a group of people discussing their favorite team together..

So you noticed that.

That is probably the worst thing about this board. I'm sure it is true of all boards to a degree, but it is epic on this one. For me, I just read the posts and comment accordingly. I don't usually look at who made the post until after.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Did somebody say something?

Return to Washington Wizards