yardbarker

Jordan Crawford

Moderators: LyricalRico, WizStorm, miller31time, nate33

Post#526 Re: Jordan Crawford
Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:22 pm by Induveca

nate33 wrote:Whatever hands11

Fine. Crawford could conceivably start on a winning team provided that this hypothetical team had all-star caliber players at 3 or 4 other ,positions plus one or two bench players who happened to be better than Crawford.

If that's the criteria by which you would label Crawford a starting caliber player, then you are right.

Are you happy?

hands11 wrote:I said, This (Vesely) is our franchise player. This kid will be the heart of the team by next year

Don't bother.
Induveca

Lead Assistant
And1: 38

Post#527 Re: Jordan Crawford
Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:57 pm by montestewart

hands11 wrote:You really think what you did
was the same as what I did
when what I did is the same thing
you and others do here all the time ?

That is some lightening slam poetry. Powerful stuff!
montestewart
Head Coach
And1: 431

Post#528 Re: Jordan Crawford
Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:23 pm by hands11

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:You really think what you did
was the same as what I did
when what I did is the same thing
you and others do here all the time ?

That is some lightening slam poetry. Powerful stuff!

:lol:

Just needed some proper formatting. Thanks
Randy - System and playing harder isn't enough. Please look up the word Strategy. And Free XMAN Otto Porter

Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686
hands11
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#529 Re: Jordan Crawford
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:35 pm by TGW

Trade him now.
WWSD -- What would the Spurs do?
TGW
Assistant Coach
And1: 413

Post#530 Re: Jordan Crawford
Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:19 pm by TheKingOfVa360

TGW wrote:Trade him now.

Yup time to package him up for another asset. He doesn't play winning basketball.
TheKingOfVa360

Head Coach
And1: 242

Post#531 Re: Jordan Crawford
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:41 pm by hands11

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... road-trip/

“It hurt the first moment and I haven’t been 100 percent since that game,” Crawford said about the Wizards’ 89-86 loss to Boston on Nov. 3.

Crawford played the next 25 games, establishing himself as the Wizards’ leading scorer despite an ever-changing role as backup shooting guard, to starting shooting guard, to backup, to starting point guard, to backup shooting guard once again. Until rookie Bradley Beal started to hit his stride this month, Crawford was the only Wizard who was a threat to consistently score 20 points.

But the pain in his ankle never went away, until Crawford decided that it was time to take a break, leading him to sit out against Chicago. He played four more games but the problem — which was recently diagnosed as a bone bruise — eventually forced him to take an extended break.

===

He has been a warrior for this team playing through injuries because the team needed him. Beal wasn't doing what he is now and there was no Wall or even Price. And he still produced.

Now that Beal is shooting better from 3, adding Crawford back should be fun to watch and it will give the Wizards a lot more flexibility. I can even see Randy using Wall, Crawford with Beal in stretches or even putting Crawford at PG some. Price has been doing better, but he doesn't drive like Crawford does.

But even if he is just used as a back up SG, that is going to help.
Randy - System and playing harder isn't enough. Please look up the word Strategy. And Free XMAN Otto Porter

Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686
hands11
RealGM

Post#532 Re: Jordan Crawford
Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm by AFM

Honestly we could have used Crawford on that last possession. Best ISO player on this team
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
And1: 643

Post#533 Re: Jordan Crawford
Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:36 pm by jivelikenice

He's the best iso player, but doesn't mean he's a good iso player. I think Wall could be the best iso player if we simply had a stretch 4. If we spread the floor with Beal, Webster, and a stretch and let Wall and Nene run hgih pick & roll, He'd be able to get to the hoop or create a wide open jumper for a teammate.

Crawford's a chemistry killer. He's been better this year but he's proven that he needs heavy minutes and touches to be effective. I'm concerns about the negative impact that would have on Beal's development and Wall's aggressiveness.
jivelikenice
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#534 Re: Jordan Crawford
Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:08 pm by hands11

jivelikenice wrote:He's the best iso player, but doesn't mean he's a good iso player. I think Wall could be the best iso player if we simply had a stretch 4. If we spread the floor with Beal, Webster, and a stretch and let Wall and Nene run hgih pick & roll, He'd be able to get to the hoop or create a wide open jumper for a teammate.

Crawford's a chemistry killer. He's been better this year but he's proven that he needs heavy minutes and touches to be effective. I'm concerns about the negative impact that would have on Beal's development and Wall's aggressiveness.

Not sure where you get this.

But yeah, a stretch 4 would be nice. They should at a min bring back Cook to a 10 day contract.

Should be interesting to see how they use Crawford and if he is effective in his role. As you mentioned, he does seem to be a rhythm player that needs to have the ball is his hands and I think he plays better with more minutes where he can play PG first to a get a feel for the game before he starts looking for his shoot more down the stretch. That is why I have said for a while that he is more like a PG then a SG.

I think Wall is the better driver and passer between the two but Crawford is the better shooter. Wall is a pure passing PG. Crawford is a PG/SG. And he is currently the leader scorer on the team.

I do have concerns as to how he will fit. Not because of Wall but instead because of how Randy will use him given they have Price. We will see. Beal has been getting pretty tired playing 40 minutes. My guess is that Randy rolls that back to 32-34 minutes. That leaves Crawford 14-16 minutes. Just not sure if that is enough minutes for him. Specially if all those minutes are at SG. Now if he was getting Walls back up minutes as well he would be at 28 to 32 and he would be able to play his game of PG and SG.

Funny. The team went from not having enough player just a week or two ago to know having to figure out how to spread the minutes. I guess its a quality problem to have.

hands11
RealGM

Post#535 Re: Jordan Crawford
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:20 am by hands11

OH MY THE MAN HAS SOME

BIG BALLS

And can I just add. Very Gilbert like clutch shot.

Perfect set up and then launched from 3-4 feet behind the 3 line.

hands11
RealGM

Post#536 Re: Jordan Crawford
Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 am by AFM

AFM wrote:Honestly we could have used Crawford on that last possession. Best ISO player on this team

:)
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter

Post#537 Re: Jordan Crawford
Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 am by TheKingOfVa360

Big balls Crawford is back! Hope this boasts his confidence vs the Jazz. We need to win that game and close out the road trip 3-2
TheKingOfVa360

Head Coach
And1: 242

Post#538 Re: Jordan Crawford
Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 am by AFM

silence the crowd baby
AFM
Starter

Post#539 Re: Jordan Crawford
Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 am by AFM

from WizzNuttz

AFM
Starter

Post#540 Re: Jordan Crawford
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:18 pm by hands11

http://www.nba.com/wizards/video/2013/0 ... p4-2361592

Living The Dream

First buzzer beater in his career. Good stuff.

hands11
RealGM

Post#541 Re: Jordan Crawford
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 am by AFM

Real talk: Wish Nivek or someone would recalculate Craw's 3PT % subtracting his end of the quarter hurls. He usually has at least one.
AFM
Starter

Post#542 Re: Jordan Crawford
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am by Nivek

AFM wrote:Real talk: Wish Nivek or someone would recalculate Craw's 3PT % subtracting his end of the quarter hurls. He usually has at least one.

This season, Crawford is 51-151 from 3pt range -- .338. He's 2-15 on last-second attempts in a quarter. So, without those attempts, he's shooting .360.

For his career, Crawford is shooting .295 from 3pt range. Eliminate his last-second attempts in a quarter, and his percentage is .306.

Of course, for this to be much more than trivia, we'd need to go through the same procedure with every other player. That's not happening today. ;)
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 445

Post#543 Re: Jordan Crawford
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 am by nate33

Nivek wrote:
AFM wrote:Real talk: Wish Nivek or someone would recalculate Craw's 3PT % subtracting his end of the quarter hurls. He usually has at least one.

This season, Crawford is 51-151 from 3pt range -- .338. He's 2-15 on last-second attempts in a quarter. So, without those attempts, he's shooting .360.

For his career, Crawford is shooting .295 from 3pt range. Eliminate his last-second attempts in a quarter, and his percentage is .306.

Of course, for this to be much more than trivia, we'd need to go through the same procedure with every other player. That's not happening today. ;)

Where did you get that last second data? 17 last second attempts seems a bit high to me relative to his total number of 3-point attempts. I'd be willing to bet that Crawford's 3P% is negatively impacted by last second shots to a greater degree than an average guard.

You gotta at least like that he is willing to take that low percentage shot rather than pretend to shoot one but intentionally wait until the buzzer sounds before releasing the ball.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 768

Post#544 Re: Jordan Crawford
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 am by hands11

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... fjo02.html

His improved eff is holding up. The question is, how will it project moving forward now that his role has changed again. If they are going to use him for only 16-17 min a game and most of it is off ball, I think his numbers go down.

If they use him more then that and give him the ball early enough in the game for him to find his rhythm and then move him off ball and mix it up, I think he stay the same or improves.

They also need to allow him to drive enough that he can get to the line. They need to find 24-26 minutes for him. With Beal playing 30-32 a game at SG, that only leaves 16-18 mins. There is the problem. They need to decide on Crawford at PG or Price for those extra 6-8 minutes. Since Price can walk on the floor and play his game at any time as a pure PG, it would work best to limit his minutes some and give them to Crawford. That would get the most out of what you have.

Wall 30, Crawford 6, Price 12
Beal 30, Crawford 18

That would work. In games that Wall is out of control like last game, put Price in. He has been running the team well with structure.

PS - I bet Wall starts tonight. They need to get him out there with Nene, Beal, Web and Oak to start the game so he can chill out instead of playing all out of control. Price and Crawford should be able to work it out. Price will defer to him sometimes and play off ball for the 3 which he can do and other times Crawford can do that. That would get him involved more.

I would also consider moving Trevor A to the starting line up to balance things out. Yeah Wall could use another 3 point shooter but that second group need that vet scorer as well and Wall, Beal and Nene should be enough scoring for the first group. Trevor A and Okafor will help anchor the D. I would try both and see how it works.

There is still a hole to work out in the front court. Kevin and Ves some nights. Kevin and Booker others. But depending on match up, both could suck. What they really need is a Gortat at center so Kevin can be the second PF. Thats the move they need to figure out. They have Booker, Ves and Singleton to offer up in a trade. Then Okafor can come off the bench next year and after that they sign him cheap to do the same for 2-3 year. That keep continuity. They would have a new starting center and solid back up. Nene and Kevin are the PF and you have someone backing that up. Booker would be fine in that roll and you can aways draft players for that as well.

So Ves is definitely on the bubble. If he is going to stick around, he better get a lot better soon. Its hard to keep a 6th pick as a 3rd PF. Again, to bad they didn't draft Nikola. He would have fit perfectly with what they need.

But it can still work.

hands11
RealGM

Post#545 Re: Jordan Crawford
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am by nate33

I agree that Wall needs to start, but I wouldn't flip flop Webster and Ariza. As a catch-and-shoot player, Webster is best utilized on a team with other primary options who know how to draw defensive attention and then kick the ball to the corner. Wall and Nene are the best on the team at that. Webster's gifts are wasted on the second unit which mostly runs Crawford and Seraphin isolations and pick and rolls. Also, the 2nd unit isn't in dire need of outside shooting at the SF spot because at least Price can shoot. They can get away with Ariza's less accurate shot and try to make it up at the other end with Ariza's superior D.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 768

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards