ImageImageImageImageImage

Shelvin Mack

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Re: Shelvin Mack 

Post#121 » by AFM » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Why are we still talking about Mack? He was terrible regardless of what Nivek said.
Couldn't shoot, couldn't drive, offense was awful with him in. Only thing he did was not turn the ball over. He's a dime a dozen player. Glad he's doing better in ATL but I won't exactly be missing his play
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#122 » by montestewart » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:53 pm

AFM wrote:Why are we still talking about Mack? He was terrible regardless of what Nivek said.
Couldn't shoot, couldn't drive, offense was awful with him in. Only thing he did was not turn the ball over. He's a dime a dozen player. Glad he's doing better in ATL but I won't exactly be missing his play

Sh'Mackdown!
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#123 » by Nivek » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:06 pm

AFM wrote:Why are we still talking about Mack? He was terrible regardless of what Nivek said.

Dime a dozen I can mostly agree with. There wasn't anything special about him. Heck, I wouldn't have drafted him at all -- he had a "don't draft" grade in YODA. (YODA, for what it's worth probably would have recommended Isaiah Thomas at that spot.)

And yet, as unspecial as Mack was, somehow the Wizards managed to replace him with guys who weren't as good. :banghead:
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#124 » by hands11 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:40 pm

Nivek wrote:

Dime a dozen I can mostly agree with. There wasn't anything special about him. Heck, I wouldn't have drafted him at all -- he had a "don't draft" grade in YODA. (YODA, for what it's worth probably would have recommended Isaiah Thomas at that spot.)

And yet, as unspecial as Mack was, somehow the Wizards managed to replace him with guys who weren't as good.

Would you swop Mack for A Miller last year and this year ?

I wouldn't. Maynor got traded for a TPE and I believe that TPE helped get Miller.

If I got that wrong, I'm sure someone will correct it.

Again, for me. The worst thing about the entire Mack situation was them picking him to begin with. A rookie converted SG to play back up PG to a young Wall at PG... Its was always a bad idea. They needed a vet. And they have one.

Next year will be another journey. They need to land someone to replace Miller.

Still hoping we can land someone like Sessions this year so we don't have to wait because they will need time to transition. Best to start that process now.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#125 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 am

The Wizards should be upset about letting Livingston go more than Mack. Still, he's right now doing better than Maynor and AJ Price. Could be just that Mack fits in better in ATL then with the Wizards.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#126 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:47 am

hands11 wrote:
Nivek wrote:

And yet, as unspecial as Mack was, somehow the Wizards managed to replace him with guys who weren't as good.

Would you swop Mack for A Miller last year and this year ?

I wouldn't. Maynor got traded for a TPE I believe and that TPE helped get Miller.

If I got that wrong. I'm sure someone will correct it.

Again, for me. The worst thing about the entire Mack situation was them picking him to begin with. A rookie converted SG to back up a young Wall at PG. Its was always a bad idea. They needed a vet. And they have one.

Next year will be another journey. Need to laid someone to replace Miller.

Still hoping we can land someone like Sessions this year so we don't have to wait.

The Wizards could have signed Blair outright with the LLE last season as the TPE was used to acquire him. Maybe the Wizards could have done a Vesely for Miller swap and received a 2nd rounder from Denver.

Return to Washington Wizards