Is John Wall untradeable?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Is John Wall untradeable? 

Post#101 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:57 am

CobraCommander wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wow, thanks, hands. I appreciate that.

I'm not mad at anybody. TGW, I haven't read the PMs yet but I'm sure we're cool. I've been divorced twice and I've made a few people mad enough that they'd lie to try to get me locked up. In my mind I'm a gentle soul with a strong opinion. I am too busy playing Internet chess, thinking about basketball or players, and trying not to think too much about women I'm not sleeping with but might like to ...

I find it kind of strange that I can invoke hate. :lol:

I just want to get out of this life with God telling me well done. I have to show people love and follow His example in Jesus. Given my own issues sometimes it might not seem like I'm doing great. I do mean well, though.

Peace and Love, CCJ

Wow I read the entire thread and in the beginning I was like wow - CCJ is a hater/troll - but when I saw that it was from a few years ago it just proved why neither you (nor I) should be a NBA gm. You were completely wrong about wall (and continue to be). only Lebron is un-trade-able. Everyone else is right now. The fact is if Cleveland calls you trade anyone - definitely one or maybe two people for LeBron. Name two people you wouldn't trade lebron for - knowing since he is so unselfish you know free agents gonna come to him. Back to wall - clearly our best player. Clearly a top 20 player- top 5 point guard with a ton of potential... Still - wall is still learning. He is so flawed but soooooo much better than Kyrie at running the offense - which is why the Cavs without lebron - even with love wouldn't make the playoffs in east. Wall has decided to be a pass first guard that gives you ten assist that still gives you 20 with one of the worst jumpshots in NBA. Gotta love Wall for making the most of what God gave him!

Ooookay. Thanks for sharing.

Since my current opinion of Wall is different, I am thinking you just think whatever I say is wrong. I don't know who the hater troll is, but when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you. CobraCommander, you, TGW, and Higga seem to be in agreement.

Higga threw Austin Daye of there and then says maybe that isn't what I said. TGW tried to resurrect a thread just to diss me. Now you.

Good thing is I am ambivalent about you. I respect your opinion.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#102 » by tontoz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Wall is a good player, but that's all. Saying he is untreadable is nonsense. He has never even made 3rd team All-NBA, nor has he deserved to. I'd trade Wall for Steph Curry in a heartbeat, not that GS would even consider that deal.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#103 » by Dat2U » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:51 pm

tontoz wrote:Wall is a good player, but that's all. Saying he is untreadable is nonsense. He has never even made 3rd team All-NBA, nor has he deserved to. I'd trade Wall for Steph Curry in a heartbeat, not that GS would even consider that deal.

Wow earth shattering, you'd trade him for a top 3-ish player. Who's next, LeBron? Durant? Paul?
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#104 » by tontoz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Dat2U wrote:
tontoz wrote:Wall is a good player, but that's all. Saying he is untreadable is nonsense. He has never even made 3rd team All-NBA, nor has he deserved to. I'd trade Wall for Steph Curry in a heartbeat, not that GS would even consider that deal.

Wow earth shattering, you'd trade him for a top 3-ish player. Who's next, LeBron? Durant? Paul?

Like i said, calling him untradeable is nonsense. Curry is not on the level those three you listed but is still clearly better than Wall.

A guy who has never even made 3rd team All-NBA is not untradeable.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#105 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:
AFM wrote:Wall for Seth Curry + a pick would have been one of the worst trades in NBA history, no hyperbole.

Yeah, I'm not sure I pull the trigger on a that deal if you switch Seth with Steph.

The list of players I'd trade Wall for reads:
1.) Durant
2.) Davis
3.) LeBron
4.) maybe Griffin
5.) maybe Dwight

And that's literally it. And none of those teams would trade down for Wall anyway.

I would probably trade Wall for Steph Curry- then again I think Curry is a top 4 player in the league.

That seems high for Curry. I'd probably put at least CP3, Durant, Griffin, LeBron, and Westbrook ahead of him and probably Dwight too. And I think Davis will get there rapidly. But that's probably it for the list. And I don't think CP3 will remain ahead of him for long. Curry has been sensational this season.

I actually think a healthy Westbrook is the best all around guard in the league right now. But it's been a while time since we've seen a truly healthy Westbrook. And he's a flawed player.

Curry is definitely the only PG I'd consider trading Wall for. But I'd lean against making that swap because I think Wall has a higher ceiling than Curry and he's more of a workhorse. I trust Wall's durability more and he can play more minutes. I think he's at or better than Curry's level when he's 26. I like his ability to make mediocre offensive players better over Curry's. And I like his ability to be a disruptive defender over Curry's. Curry is obviously a far better shooter and scorer, but I'm not sure I'd value that most in a PG, and not for this particular team where my only other likely AS caliber offensive player is a 21 year old pure SG.

It'll be interesting to see how our two teams stack up against each other moving forward. They've got a couple years on us, Thompson and Curry are much closer to their primes than Wall and Beal are. But once our guys hit 25, 26 or so, I think they'll demonstrate that they're just a little bit better.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#106 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:08 pm

WizWillWin wrote:Untouchable, no question. Same with Beal

We're talking about one of the best backcourts in the league that's very young and is only gonna get better. That would effectively be trading away our future

Yeah, I would trade neither for LeBron.

Sorry, I want to enjoy watching my team play and I wouldn't if LeBron was here.

I would rather not win a title with what we have.

Besides, LeBron is past his peak and I'm not convinced he will age well.

This Wizards rebuild is about the next 10 years, not the next 2-3

Wall is only 24 and about to enter his prime starting this year but even more so next year.
Beal is only 21 and we haven't even seen how good he will be this year yet.

I think what the team needs next is an elite PF. Paul would have been great to have this year. LMA would be nice. He would compliment Gortat really well.

Honestly, starting to wonder about what kind of team they could build it they get KD and if that is the right move. There is only so much money to go around and KD will cost a butt ton.

We might have to go Nene for Nash and go after LMA and forget about KD.

Maybe we can pick up a nice piece like Ed Davis or Ryan Kelly or hell, Boozer to final this year well.
WizWillWin
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#107 » by WizWillWin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:12 pm

why do we need an elite PG when we have Wall
better and younger backup for sure

we should try and trade Nene now while he still has value for a younger and more reliable piece, maybe backup PG
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,351

Post#108 » by Kanyewest » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:45 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure I pull the trigger on a that deal if you switch Seth with Steph.

The list of players I'd trade Wall for reads:
1.) Durant
2.) Davis
3.) LeBron
4.) maybe Griffin
5.) maybe Dwight

And that's literally it. And none of those teams would trade down for Wall anyway.

I would probably trade Wall for Steph Curry- then again I think Curry is a top 4 player in the league.

That seems high for Curry. I'd probably put at least CP3, Durant, Griffin, LeBron, and Westbrook ahead of him and probably Dwight too. And I think Davis will get there rapidly. But that's probably it for the list. And I don't think CP3 will remain ahead of him for long. Curry has been sensational this season.

I actually think a healthy Westbrook is the best all around guard in the league right now. But it's been a while time since we've seen a truly healthy Westbrook. And he's a flawed player.

Curry is definitely the only PG I'd consider trading Wall for. But I'd lean against making that swap because I think Wall has a higher ceiling than Curry and he's more of a workhorse. I trust Wall's durability more and he can play more minutes. I think he's at or better than Curry's level when he's 26. I like his ability to make mediocre offensive players better over Curry's. And I like his ability to be a disruptive defender over Curry's. Curry is obviously a far better shooter and scorer, but I'm not sure I'd value that most in a PG, and not for this particular team where my only other likely AS caliber offensive player is a 21 year old pure SG.

It'll be interesting to see how our two teams stack up against each other moving forward. They've got a couple years on us, Thompson and Curry are much closer to their primes than Wall and Beal are. But once our guys hit 25, 26 or so, I think they'll demonstrate that they're just a little bit better.

I hope you are right that Wall will reach his ceiling since he's 2 years younger. Still, I'm not sure if Wall will have as a good of season as Curry had 2 seasons ago, especially in the playoffs.We'll see if Wall improves his perimeter shooting

CP3 is tough and a high BBIQ- he looks a bit slower so far this season. Westbrook decision making holds me back from putting him ahead of Curry. Griffin is on the cusp on figuring it out- although it seems like he still isn't consistent enough in the halfcourt- wouldn't surprise me though if he improved throughout the season to surpass Curry.

I think guys like LeBron, Durant, and Howard are better. I agree that Davis will get there soon, but I wouldn't put him in my top 4 players today- but yeah Davis might be the best guy in the league in a few years.
RealGM

Post#109 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:10 am

Boogie Cousins just had 25 and 10 in the Kings' victory over San Antonio (with all the Spurs players playing).

CobraCommander, you said I have been a hater/troll and I have been wrong all along. TGW, you say I suggest horrible trades. Higga, I never said Wall for Daye; but I did say Wall for Cousins and a pick on draft day.

Further, I said IMO Wall wasn't the best player on his UK team, Demarcus Cousins was. I thought Demarcus played very well in their Final Four loss. None of that meant I disliked Wall. Just I preferred Cousins.

A page up or so, I conceded to TGW that haven't considered how hard Boogie is on teammates, coaches, referees, etc. But what I saw from day one is his talent.

In this thread about whether Wall is untradeable, I ask you three who is better: Wall or Demarcus? Do you think the Kings would trade him straight up for John.

If nothing is clear cut, how are you guys so adamantly against my opinions?

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#110 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:20 am

Right now I see Wall as a very good basketball player. Better than ever. A Man. I love his leadership. He's better than i thought. I love rooting for him to succeed. I posted about him in the John Wall Appreciation Thread.

I certainly don't feel the same way i have over the years because since March 2013 I have witnessed his extreme potential. Wall's a HOF talent. He didn't compete at that level more than that month, but he showed what he can be.

This season, without Besl, i see just how much Wall is carrying this team. Maybe he's been doing it all along. I see him being really mature THIS season.

Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards