ImageImageImageImageImage

The WizFans Washington professional football thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: You down with RG3? (The WizFans 'Skins Thread) 

Post#661 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:08 am

TGW wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The one positive - RG3 getting benched shows that Gruden makes the football decisions. The Danny would never have benched him.

He's already benched 2 quarterbacks, and is putting his faith in a 3rd who's a journeyman. He better hope McCoy looks good or his ass is on the line too.

I am already thinking draft a QB.

Who's the guy at Ohio State that couldn't play this season?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#662 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:14 am

Dat2U wrote:
verbal8 wrote:
I think the best case for everyone would be to trade RG3 for a couple decent offensive linemen.

Good luck on getting anything other than a 6th or 7th round pick for him.... we've effectively ran his value into the ground and threw dirt on top of it.

Had they waited to these last three games to see what RG3 had left I truly believe that they would be able to trade him for more than what they're going to get now if they trade him.

I had a strategic view with the worst case end game in mind then. Keep the perception of RG3 being healthy alive. Save him from the emotional hits, the physical hits, and the losses as much as possible. Sell high. Not low.

I said all of this a month ago.

Bye bye Beal.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#663 » by FreeBalling » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:40 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
verbal8 wrote:
I think the best case for everyone would be to trade RG3 for a couple decent offensive linemen.

Good luck on getting anything other than a 6th or 7th round pick for him.... we've effectively ran his value into the ground and threw dirt on top of it.

Had they waited to these last three games to see what RG3 had left I truly believe that they would be able to trade him for more than what they're going to get now if they trade him.

I had a strategic view with the worst case end game in mind then. Keep the perception of RG3 being healthy alive. Save him from the emotional hits, the physical hits, and the losses as much as possible. Sell high. Not low.

I said all of this a month ago.

RG-3 went around Jay and right to Dan about playing. :crazy:

Can you imagine the conversation Jay had this week with Dan about RG-3. How he does not know the plays, can't make quality down field passes and reduced playbook. I bet there was a conversation about special rules for an unproductive player. The tape from last week tells a clear story, 11 of 19 for 106 yards.

Maybe my thought process comes from my days in the Infantry. "If you are not part of the TEAM then you are part of the problem."

Colt does not have to win, all he has to do is let Jay evaluate the players. If it works out for Colt and he show real promise that's great. If not then it's just one more backup QB out of the way. We can not discount this opportunity to evaluate the talent on the team.

We have very good skill players on offense that can catch the ball.

People talk about the blocking. Here is a question for you all. On a pass play how long do you think the blockers are taught to block? How does the pocket form? Is Robert even in the pocket?

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,054

Post#664 » by queridiculo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Bwahahahaha, Snyder deserves so much of this and more.

I don't even feel sorry for my fellow Slurs fans. As far as I am concerned they're complicit by stuffing their hard earned cash down the littlest telemarketers throat in our own version of the Ground Hog day every damn year.

McCoy isn't the answer, just like any backup QB or free agency signing in this town has ever been the answer.

The only way to fix this franchise is to storm the bastille and go Marie Antoinette on the little weasel.

Not that I would advocate such a thing, I'm just saying.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#665 » by Dat2U » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:01 pm

queridiculo wrote:Bwahahahaha, Snyder deserves so much of this and more.

I don't even feel sorry for my fellow Slurs fans.

Neither do I... they continue to give Snyder billions of reasons to never sell and many of them like to play the blame game and throw players under bus as if replacing one player is going to make up for all the organizational failures. :crazy:
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#666 » by Dat2U » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:11 pm

FreeBalling wrote:

And you know this how??? Were you in the Redskins facility? Did you hear him say it to Snyder directly? Or does it fit your little narrative so if it sounds good to you then who cares if your made it up? Or better yet, did you hear it on the radio or twitter because if it came from a Redskins source its gotta be true?
RealGM

Post#667 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Tony Romo is 6-1 on Thanksgiving.

I probably will always remember what happened 2 years ago, today. As was our turkey day custom, my family dined at a local military dining facility. It was a little strained because I had my two sons that day. Unbeknownst to us, their mom, my ex-wife went there to eat, too. Instead of it remaining awkward a very good game was on each of the wide screen tvs.

RG3 put on a show! He singlehandedly destroyed the Cowboys! He beat Romo before Colt did. But how quickly things change...

I am always going to cherish that game. I remember sitting next to other youth team parents, all of us taking notice of RG3 (and the food was great, too.)

PS This Thanksgiving I am alone. My kids now live in Georgia with their mother. It has been a very tough year. At the same time I am very thankful for friends and family.
God is good all the time.

Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#668 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11946 ... h-decision

Playing out as expected.

Starting Robert that game they won Monday night the week before the bye was a sign they were done with him.

They knew he couldn't run the plays they were calling and he would fail. They just wanted everyone else to see so they had their back covered.

Did they really release this information on Thanksgiving ?
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#669 » by Sluggerface » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:41 pm

queridiculo wrote:Bwahahahaha, Snyder deserves so much of this and more.

I don't even feel sorry for my fellow Slurs fans. As far as I am concerned they're complicit by stuffing their hard earned cash down the littlest telemarketers throat in our own version of the Ground Hog day every damn year.

McCoy isn't the answer, just like any backup QB or free agency signing in this town has ever been the answer.

The only way to fix this franchise is to storm the bastille and go Marie Antoinette on the little weasel.

Not that I would advocate such a thing, I'm just saying.

Lmao, couldn't have said it any better and this is exactly where i'm at as well, which is pretty much done with the franchise. The fact that i've seen boats of people actually hyped about this move or relieved is grade A comedy.

The question i've found myself asking is... what talent is there to evaluate? We've played 3 different quarterbacks this season and the talent on this team stinks. The line has been horrible whether it's been RG3, Cousins, or Colt under the center. Things we learned this season: Garcon has fallen off a cliff, Reed is still injury prone, Alfred is still one dimensional, They still have no safety, Orakpo still sucks. The only positive thing going forward for this team is tress f'ing way and the fact that DeSean Jackson is still a good receiver. The best thing that can happen for this team is blowing it the f' up and firing everybody.

You don't need a different quarterback to evaluate a team that everybody knows is already ****.
RealGM

Post#670 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:05 am

The two players I personally like the best have failed with the Redskins.

Kirk Cousins and RG3 are both intelligent guys. I hope each one of them succeeds elsewhere.

Bye bye Beal.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#671 » by FreeBalling » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:39 am

Dat2U wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:

And you know this how??? Were you in the Redskins facility? Did you hear him say it to Snyder directly? Or does it fit your little narrative so if it sounds good to you then who cares if your made it up? Or better yet, did you hear it on the radio or twitter because if it came from a Redskins source its gotta be true?

Dat2U that's a great question. I got the information from DC radio 106.7 the FAN, I believe on the Lavar and Dukes show. It was a discussion topic and I can not remember the sources they used. No, I do not have direct access to anyone at the Redskins organization. I can change my comment to reflect something like this. "It is my belief that RG-3 went around Jay and right to Dan about playing." :crazy:

We do know Robert and Dan have an open line of communication between each other. Recently, Robert had several of his special privileges revoked for some reason. That was reported by the NFL network. My comment above does not seem to be made up in my opinion given the relationship between the two men.

You are a Robert apologist. Let me ask you this question. Would you be upset if Robert was not doing his homework in regards to learning the plays, reading defenses and making down field passes?

It's been reported by Jay that Robert does a lot of his homework at his home and not at the facility like all of the other players. What's up with that?

We know for a fact Robert is a smart guy, graduated from a four year program in three years. Robert is very well spoken and articulate. He's a great guy for society, no question. However, he's not doing his homework and it is reflected on the field. Just watch the tape, he's so lost Jay had to scale down the plays last week. Cousins and McCoy had the full play book. Jay is on record saying it.

Robert's performance on the field speaks volumes to what he is focusing on. The simple things look so hard.

He's half assing it DAT2U, it's reflected in his ability to understand the plays and it's holding up the growth of the franchise. There are other people who are evaluated because of Robert and it directly effects their income.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten

queridiculo
RealGM

Post#672 » by queridiculo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:55 pm

McCoy and RG3 must share the same **** work ethic being unable to perform epicly behind that amazing offensive line.

Gruden is coaching himself out of a job.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#673 » by TGW » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:02 pm

4/8 for 18 yards

Yea the savior has been found...:nonono:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#674 » by Hidden Eye » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:08 pm

The QB is a problem but what's also is a big problem is both O/D lines. That's how they lost all their games pretty much.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#675 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Glad we know RG3 was the issue. Now we can move on, right?
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#676 » by FreeBalling » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:30 pm

TGW wrote:4/8 for 18 yards

Yea the savior has been found...:nonono:

He's heating up.... :nod:

FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#677 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Exactly-

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 31m31 minutes ago

I don't dislike Colt. But many in the DC media (along w/the HC) want to make this all about Griffin. This WHOLE TEAM STINKS!
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,901

Post#678 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Dat2U wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:

I love how people make RG3 the source of all skins problems especially when the defense gives up wide open tight ends for touch downs, miss tackles, and look clueless on defense when it matters. Also if the worse character thing rg3 does is be a pri madonna I think we will take that. Now the fact rg3 is playing hurt still (knee & ankle) and playing bad - most likely because of it. If the skins trade rg3 and at 26 -27 he turns into a true nfl qb the skins gonna look stupid playing Colt McCoy. If I'm rg3 im asking to be released- go to a team - play backup - learn the craft come back and Kill Gruden as a eagle :noway:

Btw - I blame rg3 for some of this but the piling on us getting silly. When I hear people talk about rg3 they make it sound like we would be undefeated if we had luck, Wilson, Kapernick, cousins or colt McCoy. At some point a bad team is a bad team. The coaching and playing - All of them suck- including rg3 including and especially Gruden
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,901

Post#679 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:38 pm

queridiculo wrote:McCoy and RG3 must share the same **** work ethic being unable to perform epicly behind that amazing offensive line.

Gruden is coaching himself out of a job.

Yeah what he said!
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#680 » by queridiculo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:48 pm

You know what kills me?

What the **** was Dan 'belt buckle junior' Snyder watching as a kid? Surely not the Washington franchise that had a 3 Super Bowl run under Gibbs with virtual nobody's at the QB position.

Certainly not the team that followed a clear blue print of strong play along both lines, and most importantly treating people with dignity and respect as an organization.

Snyder probably sat in the stands watching Juergensen launch one pretty pass after another winning absolutely **** all, while turning his head in disgust when those Gibbs coached teams absolutely destroyed defenses with fundamentally sound football and an emphasis on building from the inside out.

The next time this greasy weasel lines up those trophies as he announces yet another franchise savior as head coach of the slurs, perhaps he should think about what made those Gibbs teams successful.

Other than selling the franchise, that could be the least he could do.

Return to Washington Wizards