ImageImageImageImageImage

The WizFans Washington professional football thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: You down with RG3? (The WizFans 'Skins Thread) 

Post#901 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Nivek wrote:Snyder really should sign Vick. Then maybe got out and get Riley Cooper. There has to be a player who's said or done something offensive to women, gays or some other minority group. If the team's going to suck, might as well make complete war on "political correctness."

Have Alfred Morris, Ray Rice, and Adrian Peterson in a 3-back rotation? LOL
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#902 » by Dark Faze » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

The fundamental question that has to be asked at this point is "can anyone succeed in this system behind center?"

Because personally I think the answer is no. And if thats the case getting rid of RGIII before fixing...whatever it is thats happening here would be a mistake.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#903 » by Hidden Eye » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Vick was good but not sure it's a big gamble and could cause more turmoil for the skins. Enough of that for the next season and get them Ws.
Youheardme90
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#904 » by Youheardme90 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:16 am

LyricalRico wrote:
Nivek wrote:Snyder really should sign Vick. Then maybe got out and get Riley Cooper. There has to be a player who's said or done something offensive to women, gays or some other minority group. If the team's going to suck, might as well make complete war on "political correctness."

Hire up Sandusky, sign Aaron Hernandez and we`ll be superbowl bound.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#905 » by LyricalRico » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Youheardme90 wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:

Hire up Sandusky, sign Aaron Hernandez and we`ll be superbowl bound.

I'm picturing Hernandez on a work release program catching passes while wearing an ankle monitor and it's cracking me up.

:lol:

And to complete the scenario...

- sell the team to Donald Sterling
- move it to LA in the middle of the night Baltimore Colts style
- Wizards become the #1 team in DC

BOOM! :clap:
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#906 » by Dat2U » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 pm

I actually think Vick is okay as RGIII insurance.... IF and only IF.... we plan on keeping RGIII AND we plan on using an offensive system geared to RGIII's strengths (which are similar to Vick's strengths). If were running the west coast offense... then Vick AND RGIII probably have no place here.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#907 » by Wizardspride » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:14 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Russellmania980/status/546382663905710080[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#908 » by FreeBalling » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Forgot the game was on today. I'm watching the halftime show. They are saying they like how Robert is playing.

Just looking at the stats for the 1st half. 85 yards of NFL passing. One long pass for 51 yards. If you take out the bomb that's 34 yards total.

1 of 5 on third downs.

HUGE WASTE OF TIME

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#909 » by FreeBalling » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:39 pm

D Jackson is a great WR. Just throw him the ball all day.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten

FreeBalling
Starter

Post#910 » by FreeBalling » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:25 am

Come on Redskins...Win this game.... Come on Robert drive down the field.

We are going to win..... :hug:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

EDIT

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#911 » by TGW » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:33 am

Freeballing with the "if you take out the 3 long passes he only passed for 3 yards" posts...:laugh:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#912 » by Wizardspride » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:38 am

TGW wrote:Freeballing with the "if you take out the 3 long passes he only passed for 3 yards" posts...:laugh:

Yeah, I just left it alone :lol:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#913 » by FreeBalling » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:57 pm

TGW wrote:Freeballing with the "if you take out the 3 long passes he only passed for 3 yards" posts...:laugh:

I think you are right TGW, Robert is the future of the Washington Redskins. We know what Robert did back in 2012, kicked ass. Some people say it was 7 games others say 5 1/2 games because Cousins played. What we do know is that Robert should be teachable and his upside is MASSIVE. Who cares what the current and last coach think, it's all about Robert and Robert's future in DC.

I hope Dan extends Robert contract, maybe three more years, taking us into 2018. If it does not workout it's only six years of HOPE for Robert and that should equal a new team name and football stadium for DC. Dan will have to do something to stimulate the fan base.

I'm all on board for Robert for the next three years, failure is not an option with all of the draft picks we gave up. With the right coach he should become a great NFL QB. If Robert does not work out just draft a QB in 2019 and groom them for 2021.

Remember how Dan was trying to get Mark Sanchez. He threw a Christmas gift to all of the Redskins fans on Saturday. I bet the Eagles are looking for a new Kicker in the off season. RG-3 in 2015- MVP............ Superbowl....MVP

FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#914 » by Higga » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Way to kill our draft position. If we had lost we'd be picking 3rd. Now we're down to 6th.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#915 » by FreeBalling » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:23 pm

It's sickens me at how many cowboy fans are in our stadium.
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#916 » by Wizardspride » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Hard to do anything on offense if you barely have the ball.

FIRE ALLEN,GRUDEN AND HAZLETT.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#917 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Robert is not a good QB. Please ship him off to another team and take a bath while you can.

There are no short cuts to this. It starts with Synder. NO MORE SHORT CUTS. GET YOUR FRONT OFFICE STRAIGHT.

Get a legit GM. If he is unwilling to do this, please just sell the team to a legit owner.

No more coach/son combinations.
Build the OL and defense.
Get a more traditional pocket smart QB.

Plan on not being good for a min of two years and rebuild the right way. If you strike gold and it come together before that, great. But stop being so impatient. Them always trying to be good next year is why they have sucked the entire time Synder has owned them.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#918 » by Ruzious » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm not sure I've ever been as discouraged by any team I've rooted for in any sport - and there have been some real stinkers. I think it's a good idea to just not watch them for at least the next 2 years. They actually have a roster with nobody... that I'm enthusiastic about. The lack of talent there is amazing - It's so bad, it can't be fixed to even be watchable next year - even if they have a great draft - which is kinda not likely.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#919 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Actually, I like lots of players on the team.

I like the WRs, RBs, Kerrigan, Williams at LT, some of the young DBs just need time.

They need to get the right GM, defensive coach, beef up the OL, keep adding to the defense and be PATIENT

One thing I think it pretty clear. Robert is gone.

Worse things you can do with a fundamentally bad decision to stick with it to long. Those picks are gone.

But before you move forward, you have the change the decision making process that went into those bad decisions.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#920 » by FreeBalling » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:09 pm

Hey TGW, so the final stats are in.

One of us was going to be right. In 9 games Robert threw 4TD's and 6 INT's, plus, 33 sacks. Not too good. Far from anything respectable. Do you have magic spin for #RG-FAILED

Someone posted way back Griffin had the most talent? LOL...Talent???? The NFL is not a TALENT show. :nod:
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Return to Washington Wizards