ImageImageImageImageImage

Nene

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Nene 

Post#201 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:28 pm

So anyone get any word on when they are going to amputate Nene's injured foot ?

The way he is limping around out there is getting hard to watch.

Nice to see he put his hair in braids in the front so he doesn't have to keep screwing around with it all game. Maybe he is getting ready to get more physical and he doesn't want to keep messing with it.
hands11
Banned User

Post#202 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 8:19 pm

Nene. No Nene ? So anyone got any details on what actually happened to his shoulder ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?id=400278602
Nene (sore right shoulder) could miss a third consecutive game

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1713/nen%C3%AA--
Nene (shoulder) practiced fully on Saturday, but will be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the 76ers, CSN Washington reports. (about 11 hours ago)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4010/a.j.-price
Price (thigh contusion) practiced fully on Saturday, but is a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the 76ers, CSN Washington reports. (about 11 hours ago)

Some get a game thread up. I don't want to be the one hording the creation on game threads.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#203 » by fishercob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Not only is Nene playing with one ball, but he's playing with one arm. He's stopped taking the midrange jumper and making any post moves to his right hand. And he's still doing a nice job on D and the boards, and contributing on O. I appreciate his effort. I'd really like to see him (and the rest of this team) healthy.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#204 » by fishercob » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Important piece from Mike Prada on Nene's decline this season.

His scoring efficiency is way down and he's shooting worse from basically everywhere. He has three years and $39M left on his deal. Perhaps he gets healthy and in better shape this summer and his production bounces back. But if you made me bet on which way this was going, I'd say that's unlikely to happen.

If we have to take a short term step back to help ourselves long term, we should. If we get worse next year because of a Nene trade, I am okay with that if it helps us in 2-3 years. I have faith in Wall and Beal to stay positive even if next season is disappointing.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#205 » by FAH1223 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm not too worried about Nene. He is clearly playing injured the last couple months. He's still skilled and smart. But his shooting at the rim like Mike mentions is bad. Nene in Denver even just two years ago was probably the most efficient big in the league with his limited shot opportunities of course.

If he comes out of the gates in November, December of next year playing this bad or having another dumb injury, then I'll be concerned.

Hell, if he is injured next year, then we'll be back in the lottery again. With a small chance at one of those wing prospects. So its a win-win in my eyes.

I will also say that Prada has a good point about Nene playing as a PF instead of at C. In Denver he played exclusively there in those small lineups George Karl likes to run.

I wish Nene TORE his plantar fascia. He'd heal much better. I think Pau Gasol slightly tore his and is flat out balling right now.

We need a stretch 4 and just play Nene exclusively at Center
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#206 » by Higga » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Nene...AKA Never never healthy.

I'd do my best to get rid of him. You can not rely on him to be an essential piece. I like his game, but you just can't. Some guys are just brittle boned.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#207 » by FAH1223 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Higga wrote:Nene...AKA Never never healthy.

I'd do my best to get rid of him. You can not rely on him to be an essential piece. I like his game, but you just can't. Some guys are just brittle boned.

I think he still has good value. The issue is the new luxury tax penalties are going to kick in... and the teams with cap room don't seem to have a lot to offer.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#208 » by queridiculo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 pm

FAH1223 wrote:I'm not too worried about Nene. He is clearly playing injured the last couple months.

:lol: Isn't that precisely why you SHOULD be worried?

When was the last time Nene was healthy?
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#209 » by FAH1223 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:45 pm

queridiculo wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:I'm not too worried about Nene. He is clearly playing injured the last couple months.

:lol: Isn't that precisely why you SHOULD be worried?

When was the last time Nene was healthy?

2011 :D

I wish he would tear his plantar fascia, it'll completely heal that way.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#210 » by nate33 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm definitely worried, I just don't think there's much we can do about it now. I think trading Nene this summer would be selling low. I think we're better off trading him a month into the season after he starts strong. Either that, or start treating him like they did Shaq and rest him for the entire month of March so he can recuperate in time for the playoffs.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#211 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Nene is not getting traded. Like the situation or not, it is what it is. The Wiz are in a position where they pretty much have to gamble on him getting and staying healthy. If they try to trade him, the assumption by every team would be that he's done. And out of the dozens of Nene trade ideas posted, I haven't seen one that made me think - Wow, if we did that, the future would look bright.

The Wiz were very foolish in using him over 30 minutes a game earlier in the season. Part of that was having terrible depth, but mostly it was an effort to try to win now at the cost of the future. I don't need to say how foolish that was. Going forward, obviously they need to get much better depth and keep his minutes down to a reasonable amount.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#212 » by AFM » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Nene is probably the smartest big in the game, next to Marc Gasol. Great passer out of the post. Anyone notice the chemistry between Webster and Nene? It's like they play a lot of 2v2 with each other. Webster runs that baseline, Nene zips the pass to him, and Webster bangs it home. No point in trading Nene now. Just make him sit until November and have him lose 15 lbs. Shouldn't be too difficult.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#213 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Even though he's only played 60 games this season, is there anyone outside Wall who is more responsible for our 29 wins?
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#214 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:57 pm

AFM wrote:Just make him sit until November and have him lose 15 lbs. Shouldn't be too difficult.

But..... if he does nothing but sit for 7 months..... won't it be hard to..... um.... lose 15 lbs? That never seems to work for me.

;-)

Just kidding - I know exactly what you mean, and agree - there's absolutely no reason he should be playing now, keep him off a basketball court for a while, let him rest up and hope he comes back strong next year.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#215 » by Dark Faze » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 pm

I like our frontcourt. One of the smartest in the league and one of the best defensively. Injury concerns don't matter much to me...Nene played 60 games this year. You don't need more than that from him to get a top 7 seed in the East. If we can just avoid Miami I like our chances against any other team in the conference provided we're healthy in the playoffs and draft well.

The only goal next year should be to make the playoffs and have a competitive playoff series or win it depending on the matchup. I like us against anyone but the Bulls with a healthy Rose.

OKC model was losing in the 1st round, losing in the ECF, losing in the finals IIRC.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#216 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Would Wizards be interested in trading him? It looks as if Okafor is going to be re-signed and maybe it doesn't make sense to have both of them making a lot of money.

Toronto wants to know and could offer Landry Fields and Linas Kleiza (expiring contract) for him as long term financial relief
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#217 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:53 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:Would Wizards be interested in trading him? It looks as if Okafor is going to be re-signed and maybe it doesn't make sense to have both of them making a lot of money.

Toronto wants to know and could offer Landry Fields and Linas Kleiza (expiring contract) for him as long term financial relief

I don't think the Wizards have any intention of dumping Nene for salary relief at this point.

If they change their mind, they would certainly prefer to trade him to Brooklyn for Humphries' expiring contract rather than saddle themselves with Fields' ugly contract. I just don't see Toronto having the pieces to trade for Nene.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#218 » by Ruzious » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:24 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:Would Wizards be interested in trading him? It looks as if Okafor is going to be re-signed and maybe it doesn't make sense to have both of them making a lot of money.

Unless you know something I don't, that's not a true statement.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hands11
Banned User

Post#219 » by hands11 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:29 am

Nene playing 60 games is nice enough but he needs to be efficient again.

I liked it when they played him in the high post and he was moving top down toward the basket.

Posting him on the sides.. that seems to make him a one trick pony. All he had was attempting a quick first step as he went to the basket where he couldn't leap. That or just shot from mid range and I can't remember the last outside shot he made.

Nenes summer program. Don't run on that foot and get plenty of treatment until Oct 1

In the mean time, get in lots of swimming. That will keep his cardio good.
Go on a low carb diet. He needs to drop that baby fat.

Get in plenty of practice shooting that set shot and FTs. He has to be a better outside shooter to prolong his career. See KG.

If he does that, he should be ready to be productive at the start of next year. And if we do well this summer in the draft, he should have some help at PF so we can keep his minutes down during the season without the team sucking when he is out.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#220 » by DMVleGeND » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am

Nothing we didn't already know but...

Nene Fighting Through Soreness In Left Foot, Right Knee

Nene has missed significant time this season because of soreness in his left foot and right knee.

“The priority is to take care of my foot,” said Nene, who had issues with ligaments and tendons underneath the foot before being traded to the Wizards last year. “In three months, four months, we’ll see. I suffered to play this season. I’m still suffering. I need to heal myself. My foot is still hurting. My knee is sore and still weak.”

Nene plans to use the offseason to rest his body.

“There’s a lot of things to do. … I don’t want to suffer,” Nene said. “I don’t want to go through this experience again. The priority is recover, improve my body, my foot, my knee come back strong and do the things I need to do to hel

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... Right-Knee

Hopefully w/ rest in the offseason, he'll heal up and be ready for next season.

There's really no point of him playing these last few games. What's the point of him playing if he's not fully healthy and when we should be tanking for a higher draft pick?
Formerly known as 7-day Dray

Return to Washington Wizards