ImageImageImageImageImage

Nene

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Re: Nene 

Post#21 » by closg00 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Remember, Denver had "buyers remorse" right after Nene signed the extension. We answered their prays.

When healthy, Nene can help us. The question is when he is healthy-enough to be on the floor, will he be at 75%, 85% etc?
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#22 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:51 am

PF is a pain....but you can always play through it. I've had for a long time now, and get none of the treatment they get. If we're doing well and have a shot at the playoffs, he'll continue to play, if it's not looking good for us this season, he'll sit a lot.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#23 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 am

Seraphin and Okafor and Booker provide depth for when Nene can't go. How steep will the drop off be when Nene is out? That is what I want to see.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#24 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Seraphin and Okafor and Booker provide depth for when Nene can't go. How steep will the drop off be when Nene is out? That is what I want to see.

Booker is still dealing with foot problems also. Vesely better hit the weights.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 550

Post#25 » by daSwami » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:19 pm

closg00 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Seraphin and Okafor and Booker provide depth for when Nene can't go. How steep will the drop off be when Nene is out? That is what I want to see.

Vesely better hit the weights.

Vesely did look a bit thicker at summer league. It could have been just an illusion, but he appears to be filling out. He still appears to lack muscle though.
:banghead:
closg00
RealGM

Post#26 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 pm

daSwami wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Vesely better hit the weights.

Vesely did look a bit thicker at summer league. It could have been just an illusion, but he appears to be filling out. He still appears to lack muscle though.

:nod:
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#27 » by dobrojim » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:PF is a pain....but you can always play through it. I've had for a long time now, and get none of the treatment they get. If we're doing well and have a shot at the playoffs, he'll continue to play, if it's not looking good for us this season, he'll sit a lot.

I thought I had posted in this thread yesterday....

Donk is right. PF is not debilitating (usually). Doesn't require surgery.
Mostly cured by rest.

I'm not that worried. Yet.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
closg00
RealGM

Post#28 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:13 pm

closg00
RealGM

Post#29 » by closg00 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 9:32 pm

LONDON (AP)
Starting center Nene is sitting out Brazil's final preliminary round game of the men's Olympic basketball tournament against Spain with foot soreness.

Nene, who was traded to the Washington Wizards last season, has been bothered by plantar fasciitis. As his teammates warmed up, Nene remained on Brazil's bench wearing his Olympic credential. He averaged 6.5 points and 7 rebounds in Brazil's first four games.

Anderson Varejao (Cleveland Cavaliers) and Tiago Splitter (San Antonio Spurs) started up front for Brazil against Spain's Marc (Memphis Grizzlies) and Pau Gasol (Los Angeles Lakers).

Brazil won
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#30 » by DMVleGeND » Mon Aug 6, 2012 11:27 pm

^I think that was apart of Brazil's play to tank.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#31 » by FAH1223 » Tue Aug 7, 2012 12:04 am

DMVleGeND wrote:^I think that was apart of Brazil's play to tank.

they were definitely trying to tank, but looks like Spain out-tanked them
closg00
RealGM

Post#32 » by closg00 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Nene will miss camp entirely and "be ready" by the season opener. Obviously Denver foresaw this happening.
I wonder how-much of Nene we will see this season and how-often he will be playing at less than 100%? Bummed.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#33 » by hands11 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:36 pm

closg00 wrote:Nene will miss camp entirely and "be ready" by the season opener. Obviously Denver foresaw this happening.
I wonder how-much of Nene we will see this season and how-often he will be playing at less than 100%? Bummed.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... rt_Of_Camp

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... _blog.html

“He hasn’t had must time to rest this summer because of the commitment he had to his national team,” Grunfeld said of Nene, who missed a game in the Olympics because of soreness in his left foot. “So we’re going to be very, very cautious. We’re going to take it very slow with him and make sure he’s 100 percent when we put him out there full time.”

“We expect him to be ready for the regular season, for sure,” Grunfeld said. “But we will be very cautious with him.”

---

But that is the right approach. Best to get him plenty of rest all at once and get it right then to have it nagging him the entire season. Kind of the anti EFJ approach to things.

As such, start planning your line ups with Nene off the bench playing 20 minutes. Kind of like the ended the season.

Actually, I'm kind of happy if he doesn't start the season. That way we get to see plenty of Booker, Ves and Kevin to start. Lets see what they have done in the off season. Give Nene all the rest he needs till he is 100% for sure.

Ves and Okafor
Booker and Kevin

or the other way around

How do you think they will do it?

I think they would split them up like this since Okafor and Keven can both score some, can muscle the post and block shots. Booker and Ves are the slashers and weak side help. Both just have to show strong picks, rebounding and DEFENSE. Booker obviously has the better range and more experience. Because of that, I like him better with Kevin and Okafor with Ves. Ves is a good passer so he will hit Okafor when he is open.
closg00
RealGM

Post#34 » by closg00 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:02 am

Nene played in five Olympic Games which ended 48 days-ago for Nene, how-much rest does he need?
Nene played no-longer than 28 minutes at the Olympics and in one game he played 10 minutes. The next day he missed a game to rest his foot.

It's great that they are being overly cautious with Nene's foot problem, but they don't have any choice apparently.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,326

Post#35 » by nate33 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:26 am

I think we're going to have trouble getting Nene, Okafor and Seraphin enough minutes anyhow. The best thing in the long run might be for Nene to be hurt early, Okafor to play well in his stead and boost his trade value, and then we trade Okafor.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#36 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:41 am

closg00 wrote:Nene will miss camp entirely and "be ready" by the season opener. Obviously Denver foresaw this happening.

Ernie is an all day sucker. Why on earth would Denver give a guy a $65M and trade him for McGee and scraps?

THIS IS WHY! :evil:

Everybody who thought trading McGee for Nene was good should understand that Nene is owed 13M the next four seasons, whether he plays or not. He never was healed the season EG acquired him and he is still down. Not the first time Grunfeld has rewarded an injured player. Not the first time he's traded away young for old.

Nene will be ready by the opener. Riiiiiiggghhhttt.
Bye bye Beal.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#37 » by dangermouse » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 am

nate33 wrote:I think we're going to have trouble getting Nene, Okafor and Seraphin enough minutes anyhow. The best thing in the long run might be for Nene to be hurt early, Okafor to play well in his stead and boost his trade value, and then we trade Okafor.

I like this plan.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#38 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:10 am

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

Plantar fasciitis is a career killer!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#39 » by youngthegiant » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Typical Nene................................So glad we traded him, guy has no love for winning or that competitive edge.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#40 » by verbal8 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Typical Nene................................So glad we traded him, guy has no love for winning or that competitive edge.

I don't think those are McGee's strong suits either.

Return to Washington Wizards