dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,956

Re: Nene 

Post#641 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 21, 2014 3:03 pm

fishercob wrote:
queridiculo wrote:I can't even...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... is-summer/

I'm sure the national team will do wonders for Nene's recovery.

It's beyond ridiculous. He should be spending the summer re-making his body to ease wear and tear, instead he's going to come into camp hurt. Just watch. Wiz would be so wise to trade him.

If you were a GM, would you trade for him now? I wouldn't...
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#642 » by fishercob » Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
fishercob wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous. He should be spending the summer re-making his body to ease wear and tear, instead he's going to come into camp hurt. Just watch. Wiz would be so wise to trade him.

No, but I am not a GM. I'm a guy on a message board who opines based on the pretty limited information that I have. The league-wide praise of Nene was pretty effusive during the Chicago series; I'm sure there are people out there who want him.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#643 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed May 21, 2014 3:26 pm

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2014/04/30/201400430-gt-nene.nba/

Hopefully GMs are watching these highlights from the Bulls series that left the "DPOY" shaking his head.

Oh, and that classic clip of Steve Kerr absolutely geeking out about the size of Nene's hands when he scooped the loose ball with one hand in the Bulls series as well. :lol:
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,956

Post#644 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 21, 2014 5:02 pm

fishercob wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
fishercob wrote:

No, but I am not a GM. I'm a guy on a message board who opines based on the pretty limited information that I have. The league-wide praise of Nene was pretty effusive during the Chicago series; I'm sure there are people out there who want him.

ha! Very good point... but I would still put our chances of trading Nene for a meaningful asset as a low probability event.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,088

Post#645 » by Dat2U » Wed May 21, 2014 5:13 pm

fishercob wrote:

We all see the writing on the wall.... except this front office. They probably are still relishing that Bulls series win and wouldn't think of trading the guy that had his way with the DPOY.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#646 » by Ruzious » Wed May 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Even I can't defend Nene on this one. It's almost unconscionable for him to be playing for Brazil this offseason - considering his contract with the Wiz and the number of injuries he's had. If he gets another injury this offseason, I'd look into whether or not his contract is voidable. I'm no lawyer, but I'd think a good attorney could make the case that this is wreckless behavior.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#647 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:Even I can't defend Nene on this one. It's almost unconscionable for him to be playing for Brazil this offseason - considering his contract with the Wiz and the number of injuries he's had. If he gets another injury this offseason, I'd look into whether or not his contract is voidable. I'm no lawyer, but I'd think a good attorney could make the case that this is wreckless behavior.

He didn't play for the national team last summer though.

And he doesn't have many opportunities left. Plus, Brazil is hosting the Olympics in two years and the Brazilian basketball program can't flop like it did last year when they sucked.

So, I understand he feels an obligation.

I mean, he's going to get hurt regardless if he comes into Training Camp rested or not. He had rest last summer and STILL got injured early on.

He's just always going to get injured and miss 20-30 games.

It'd be nice to dump him elsewhere so we don't have to worry.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,965

Post#648 » by DCZards » Thu May 22, 2014 7:43 pm

FAH1223 wrote:He didn't play for the national team last summer though.

And he doesn't have many opportunities left. Plus, Brazil is hosting the Olympics in two years and the Brazilian basketball program can't flop like it did last year when they sucked.

I mean, he's going to get hurt regardless if he comes into Training Camp rested or not. He had rest last summer and STILL got injured early on.

Nene got booed loudly when the Zards played their preseason game in Brazil. Fans there were pissed that he didn't play for the national team last summer. So he probably does feel obligated.

Nene playing and not resting is not a good thing from the Zards standpoint though.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,176

Post#649 » by Zonkerbl » Thu May 22, 2014 7:57 pm

If I was Nene I'd be like, screw you ungrateful bastards. Boo me? Fine, then I won't play for you.

I mean, if they were chanting his name and stuff it'd be different. But they don't deserve it. Those are bad fans.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#650 » by Dark Faze » Thu May 22, 2014 8:20 pm

He probably won't be in the league much longer and may have plans to move back after his career is over

If he wants to make reparations now then thats fine,its up to management to realize we need a stable lineup and act accordingly...
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#651 » by jivelikenice » Fri May 23, 2014 12:32 am

DCZards wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:He didn't play for the national team last summer though.

Nene got booed loudly when the Zards played their preseason game in Brazil. Fans there were pissed that he didn't play for the national team last summer. So he probably does feel obligated.

Nene playing and not resting is not a good thing from the Zards standpoint though.

I don't agree. He rested last summer and was limited again, like he has been. He played 53 regular season games this year, 8 less than he did coming off the Olympic offseason. As far as Nene goes, it is what it is. He's going to play somewhere between 50-60 games a season, period. The ONLY way Nene is going to possibly be healthy and alter his career course is if he takes drastic measures to change his bodytype. He needs to do a Duncan and lose weight!!!! Tim lost 15 pounds; at Nene's size he can easily lose 20-25 lbs w/o sacrificing his strength advantage. Playing this summer might help him towards that more than taking it easy (although swimming would probably be best!)
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#652 » by hands11 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:54 am

dckingsfan wrote:
fishercob wrote:

Depends on what they can get in return and how that fits into the bigger plan.

Wouldn't suck at all to keep him. But its worth considering other options. Well, if Gortat returns. I think that would be key to any Nene trade. Gortat can play the role of leader vet that Nene plays in his own way.

I wouldn't have considered trading Nene before now, but at this point, I would weight all options. I think with Gorat, they might be ready to make a transition.

Again.. depends on whats out there.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#653 » by hands11 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:01 am

Zonkerbl wrote:If I was Nene I'd be like, screw you ungrateful bastards. Boo me? Fine, then I won't play for you.

I mean, if they were chanting his name and stuff it'd be different. But they don't deserve it. Those are bad fans.

I had to laugh reading this. Not at you but just in general given the Wizards fans in the Booth.

Personally, went I first read he was going to play there, I was a little :noway:

But I get it given what has been posted here.

He didn't play last year.
Olympics
His age
The booing
His national pride and legacy.

I'm fine with it now. He is heather this year. I think he can get through it ok. The knee is different then the foot thing.
padovani31
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#654 » by padovani31 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:26 am

He wants to be in Rio 2016 and Brazil probably will go for gold medal, so he needs to go to Spain world cup this year with the team, otherwise the fans will not support him.

Brazil for 2016:

Marcelinho Huertas (Barcelona) / Raul Netto (Utah Jazz) / Rafael Luz
Leandro Barbosa (Suns) / Alex Garcia (Former Spurs) / Lary Taylor (US born)
Marquinhos (Former Spurs/Hornets) / Shammel (US born - MVP in Bazil)
Nene (Wizards) / Varejao (Cavs) / Augusto Lima (Unicaja _ Spain)
Splitter (Spurs) / Lucas Bebe (Hawks) / Vitor Faverani (Celtics)

Coach Ruben Magnano (Former Gold medal with Argentina)
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#655 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jul 9, 2014 2:54 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mgortat/status/486622435937366016[/tweet]

Oh man, Gortat scared me with this tweet...until I realized he was talking about the World Cup.

:lol:
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,779

Post#656 » by CobraCommander » Wed Jul 9, 2014 5:17 am

LyricalRico wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/mgortat/status/486622435937366016[/tweet]

Oh man, Gortat scared me with this tweet...until I realized he was talking about the World Cup.

Nene crying like all the hot brazillian women watching Germany blitzkrieg their vastly overrated national team. Hope nene takes the summer to heal!
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#657 » by Knighthonor » Wed Jul 9, 2014 10:20 am

LyricalRico wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/mgortat/status/486622435937366016[/tweet]

Oh crap dont do that!!! :x
Hypnotizer
Rookie
And1: 265

Post#658 » by Hypnotizer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Big Brazilian has a Twitter account:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NeneHilario42/status/525031562547851265[/tweet]
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,042

Post#659 » by queridiculo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Maybe somebody should ask him why he can't help acting like a rookie despite his advanced age? Bugs the hell out of me that he managed to get himself suspended once again.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,865

Post#660 » by payitforward » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:40 pm

queridiculo wrote:Maybe somebody should ask him why he can't help acting like a rookie despite his advanced age? Bugs the hell out of me that he managed to get himself suspended once again.

Actually, we are a better team when he doesn't play. Unless that means Seraphin gets most of those minutes. In that case we are a worse team.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....

Return to Washington Wizards