ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#1881 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Very true in my case, Higga.

I can't sit through and watch start to finish any game not involving the Terps; unless I am in a nice sports bar or restaurant and I am enjoying the ambiance.

College ball does have some great players and nice story lines, but the older I get the less I watch.

Quality basketball? Nah, I see more very suspect officiating and way too much Barkley, Ernie Johnson, and commercials.
RealGM

Re: Re: Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3 

Post#1882 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm

closg00 wrote:Starbury is is still playing ball in China, I wonder what that looks like?

Like Andray Blatche will look in 12-15 years, perhaps.

I wonder how fluent they are in speaking Mandarin?
RealGM

Re: Re: Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3 

Post#1883 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:53 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:I don't watch much college hoops during the regular season. Probably didn't see even one game this year. The tournament is on in my office with the sound down and...I haven't missed much. Quality of play is not so good. Do the coaches have even a vague sense of creating an offense that can actually attack a zone defense? There are gaps and holes everywhere in the games I've seen, and the players are flummoxed.

One guy dribbles close to the defense...and backs it out. Then he waves in the air in something that looks like he might be calling a play. And then they pass it back and forth a few times. Then he dribbles some more, maybe edging toward the defense only to back it out again. Then he gives it to a teammate who dribbles for awhile. And backs it out again. Then they throw it to someone who flings a shot at the basket.

Sometimes after all the dribbling and backing out, one guy "creates" a shot by driving.

These college coaches make Randy Wittman look like a genius.

Coaching less but "surrogate" parenting more, I bet.

Kevin, you have a very gifted musician among your progeny. College coaching is from my perspective more about guiding and molding young men to become successful in more than just basketball.

Quality of play? I think it looks like random entropy oftentimes.

When I was in college I was much more into being with my girlfriend or my fraternity brothers or my chess team (don't laugh :) ) friends.

College players may not want to get NBA playbooks.

My hormones knocked my IQ way down while in college. I don't know much basketball X and O stuff. My OPINION is that maybe working on conditioning and team building and a few basic concepts is enough for college kids.

One and done players have perhaps limited the capacity of teaching and learning in NCAA Tournament ball, too. Coaches are limited IMO
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3 

Post#1884 » by fishercob » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Is there any doubt that Dwyane Wade is juicing?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#1885 » by nate33 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:08 pm

fishercob wrote:Is there any doubt that Dwyane Wade is juicing?

I want to know what Lebron James took during his 2 week "sabbatical". He came back looking like he was 5 years younger.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1886 » by fishercob » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:34 pm

nate33 wrote:

I want to know what Lebron James took during his 2 week "sabbatical". He came back looking like he was 5 years younger.

Reasonable question, although Lebron is still in his athletic prime and has a recent track record of explosiveness. Wade was physically done. He has no knees. And now it's magically 2007.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#1887 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:08 pm

It would be naive to think NBA players don't use PEDs. I have no proof that Karl Malone used steroids, for example, but I'm sure that he did.

The league's drug policy allows for a player to be randomly tested up to four times during a season, and up to twice in the offseason. A player can also be tested for "reasonable cause". In that event, the player can be tested up to four times in a six-week period. Interesting that the league is limited to 1,525 TOTAL tests during a season, and 600 tests in an offseason. Larry Coon doesn't specify, but I'm guessing those totals are for random tests -- that reasonable cause tests don't count against the total.

The PED penalties are 20 games for the 1st offense, 45 for the 2nd, and dismissal from the league for the third.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1888 » by BigA » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:39 pm

fishercob wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Reasonable question, although Lebron is still in his athletic prime and has a recent track record of explosiveness. Wade was physically done. He has no knees. And now it's magically 2007.

Lebron and Wade probably went to the same place. Wherever that is, Paul Pierce needs to go there right now.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1889 » by LyricalRico » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:29 pm

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#1890 » by AFM » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:56 pm

Wade and Lebron are both pinning big time. Anyone who knows the slightest thing about steroids (and I know quite a bit, not to toot my own horn) knows they are on some sort of cycle. Tren or HGH probably. I don't know what NBA players prefer.

Lebron saying he lost weight last summer due to not eating carbs :lol:

You could dedicate your life to lifting natty and not look like LeBron. And he plays basketball and travels every day?
RealGM

Post#1891 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Dayum!

Andreas Lubitz was suffering mental illness when he crashed that aircraft and killed hundreds!

I have been falsely accused as if I am nutty (similar to the guy in the movie Silver Lining Playbook) but what that pilot did WAS NUTTY AS HELL! Two thoughts: 1. He probably suffered in secret, and allowed whatever weird ideas he was having fester and play out horrifically. 2. I would bet big money he was prescribed something that made him crazy. (Crazier?)

Fortunately, this looks like one idiot acted out and no terrorist attack occurred.

Unfortunately, so many innocent people were lost.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#1892 » by Higga » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:50 pm

We need more weather like yesterday and less of this rainy cold crap.

Walking Dead season finale this Sunday, but then Game of Thrones starts up right after. My Sunday nights are set for the next few months.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#1893 » by AFM » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:16 pm

LOL at Griffin impersonating Austin Rivers

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/0vM02UrzQw/[/instagram]

Pretty accurate
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1894 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat Apr 4, 2015 11:55 pm

Yes, it's International Pillow Fight Day and the HIPSTERS in the District are all over it.

Whew -- I'm tired. How about we swing by Starbux for an iced venti breve caramel macchiato?

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#1895 » by montestewart » Sun Apr 5, 2015 12:08 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:.

Yes, it's International Pillow Fight Day and the HIPSTERS in the District are all over it.

Whew -- I'm tired. How about we swing by Starbux for an iced venti breve caramel macchiato?

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/12/09/us/man-slain-in-capital-monument-threat.html

Back before all the yuppie scum got here, we didn't have pillow fights in the shadow of the Washington Monument. No sir! We drove a van to the base of the monument and threatened to blow the MFer up.

Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#1896 » by Higga » Mon Apr 6, 2015 5:37 pm

Who else is going to the Nats Opening Day? I'm leaving work in about an hour to head there early. Perfect weather too.

Should be a fun season. Best team this city has had since probably the '91 Skins. Although some early injuries might mean another slow start.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#1897 » by dobrojim » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:15 pm

Congrats to Jacqui for winning the Carmine's trivia question on Saturday night. Woot-woot.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Wes_Tiny_Abe_
Sixth Man
And1: 26

Post#1898 » by Wes_Tiny_Abe_ » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:25 am

montestewart wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:.

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/12/09/us/man-slain-in-capital-monument-threat.html

Back before all the yuppie scum got here, we didn't have pillow fights in the shadow of the Washington Monument. No sir! We drove a van to the base of the monument and threatened to blow the MFer up.

^ Do you realize the excitement and perceived danger of living in an urban area is whats attracting all of these gentrifying yuppie scumbags who come to DC from the boring suburban cul-de-sacs?

But what they do not initially realize (eventually they do) is with each gentrifying scumbag arrival paying inflated rents the opposite actually occurs.

Urban areas become less and less exciting and more and more like the boring suburban cul-de-sacs they came from.

CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods. CVS, Starbucks, Whole Foods.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#1899 » by Higga » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:57 pm

Opening Day was awesome.

A World Series title and D.C. will officially be a baseball town.
Wes_Tiny_Abe_
Sixth Man
And1: 26

Post#1900 » by Wes_Tiny_Abe_ » Tue Apr 7, 2015 9:18 pm

Gentrifiers, transplants, yups and government leeches all acting as if this was the 1st power outage DC has ever had.
What a pussified city DC has become.
I am glad my grandparents are not alive to witness any of this.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to Washington Wizards