ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - 12/13/12)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Re: Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - present) 

Post#1421 » by TGW » Fri Dec 7, 2012 10:23 pm

payitforward wrote:
verbal8 wrote:...I would try to get Ed Davis from the Raptors. I would send any one except Wall or Seraphin to make it happen.

Don't know why you wouldn't give Seraphin for Davis. I'd do that in a minute. But, no way Toronto would go for that.

Why would you give up Seraphin for Davis? Davis is nothing special, and Seraphin has shown more than he has.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#1422 » by mhd » Fri Dec 7, 2012 10:38 pm

I think the Lakers are trying to save potential max cap space in 2 years. That's gold they don't want to destroy because LA is the #1 destination in FA bar none. They aren't trading away Gasol for players with contracts that last longer.
mhd
General Manager

Post#1423 » by mhd » Fri Dec 7, 2012 10:52 pm

I know the SJAX for Emeka deal has been brandied about, but it really makes perfect sense for both sides. We immediatly buyout SJAX and he goes back to the Spurs after 30 days. I'd also send the Knicks 2nd rounder to make sure the deal goes through. The Spurs would have send a filler to make the deal work.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1424 » by Dat2U » Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:21 pm

mhd wrote:I know the SJAX for Emeka deal has been brandied about, but it really makes perfect sense for both sides. We immediatly buyout SJAX and he goes back to the Spurs after 30 days. I'd also send the Knicks 2nd rounder to make sure the deal goes through. The Spurs would have send a filler to make the deal work.

Emeka Okafor

For

Stephen Jackson & Dejuan Blair

They've been looking to move Blair anyways. At most I could see them asking for a 2nd rounder.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#1425 » by payitforward » Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:32 pm

Dat2U wrote:Emeka Okafor... For ...Stephen Jackson & Dejuan Blair

They've been looking to move Blair anyways. At most I could see them asking for a 2nd rounder.

Both those guys are unrestricted at the end of this year. So that's Okafor for cap room. I'd do it, of course.

But Ernie won't. And I sure don't want to put us in a position where Ernie winds up signing Jackson into the future (he turns 35 in a few months!).
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#1426 » by Illuminaire » Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:40 pm

Cap-only deals for Okafor I'm all over. Nene, I want to get something more. At least for now.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1427 » by dangermouse » Sat Dec 8, 2012 1:39 am

With our record of knee injuries, I really hate the idea of adding Blair.

He is the one with no knee cartilage right? I just picture him coming here, playing well, we sign him long term and then boom, game over.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1428 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Dec 8, 2012 3:22 am

dangermouse wrote:With our record of knee injuries, I really hate the idea of adding Blair.

He is the one with no knee cartilage right? I just picture him coming here, playing well, we sign him long term and then boom, game over.

:)

The question would be how many games. When not if his career would be over as a Wizard.

As much as I loved DeJuan Blair coming out of Pitt, I guess-timated his NBA career would probably last 3.5 seasons. So far, he has lost a lot of weight but also is no longer the dominating rebounder he was. He should last longer but his game is better with him bulkier, IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 236

Post#1429 » by gesa2 » Sat Dec 8, 2012 3:55 am

If Minnesota's apparent interest in Gasol doesn't end up in a trade, would they consider Nene? I'd take Pekovic and Williams for Nene. If we wait until Rubio is back and reasonably healthy maybe we could work Ridenour for SIngleton or Vesely in there too.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,063

Post#1430 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 8, 2012 5:17 am

Illuminaire wrote:Cap-only deals for Okafor I'm all over. Nene, I want to get something more. At least for now.

Agreed.

The problem with dumping Nene for cap space is that it would only leave us with about $8M in cap room next summer. That's just enough money to overpay for a middling free agent. I'd rather just keep Nene. He's likely to be significantly better than what we could buy for $8M.

Now if we first dumped one or both of Ariza or Okafor, then it might make sense to dump Nene too. That way, at least we'd be looking at max cap room in the offseason and the potential to sign an actual star. (Of course, there really aren't many stars available unless you want Josh Smith or Andrew "Glassman" Bynum.)

Ultimately, rather than trade our vets for cap room, I think we'd be better off trading them for picks/prospects plus bad contracts. Nene for Eric Bledsoe + filler makes sense. Nene for Calderon does not.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1431 » by dangermouse » Sat Dec 8, 2012 12:24 pm

Bledsoe.... I wish. We would look good with Bledsoe at PG. We'd have some more wins thats for sure. And its not like he is incompatible with a healthy Wall, either. If we cant get a trade would there be a chance we could sign him after his rookie deal? I'm sure if Paul is staying with the Clips long term he would prefer to go somewhere where he could get some more minutes and play with an old buddy.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#1432 » by Jodi » Sat Dec 8, 2012 7:22 pm

Piston fan here, I come in peace...Would you guys trade Okafor to the Pistons for an expiring Maggette??.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1433 » by fishercob » Sat Dec 8, 2012 7:46 pm

yes
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
mhd
General Manager

Post#1434 » by mhd » Sat Dec 8, 2012 8:15 pm

Jodi wrote:Piston fan here, I come in peace...Would you guys trade Okafor to the Pistons for an expiring Maggette??.

Heck, the Wiz would throw in the Knicks 2013 2nd rounder to make it so!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1435 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 3:00 am

mhd wrote:
Jodi wrote:Piston fan here, I come in peace...Would you guys trade Okafor to the Pistons for an expiring Maggette??.

Heck, the Wiz would throw in the Knicks 2013 2nd rounder to make it so!

I wonder if management would make this deal. It seems pretty obvious from the standpoint of us fans, but if EG made this move, it would be the admission of a colossal blunder. But emotions aside, this is clearly the logical move. The Wizards aren't going anywhere. May as well dump the vets for cap room, tank, and try to reload this summer with a higher pick plus cap room.

If EG managed to dump Okafor and Ariza for expirings, it would actually end up to be a pretty nice series of transactions. Instead of paying Lewis $14.7M not to play, he would have paid $22M for 30 games of Okafor and Ariza plus 52 games of Maggette plus whatever scrub we trade Ariza for.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1436 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:50 am

Don't tease us like that.

But isn't there a Maggette equivalent big out there we can do with with ?

Eventually they need to turn this Okafor deal into a one year deal or something better.

Then they would have turned Lewis into two smaller pieces and kept Trevor A who still seems like a decent player. He started off like crap but he can still play when he has the right players out there with him.

Okafor I just never liked.

At least that way Ted can say he got something for that the millions he was going to pay Lewis anyway plus he got Trevor A.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#1437 » by TGW » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Trevor Ariza is horrible. If they could get rid of both of those losers in one swoop, they should do it now.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1438 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 pm

TGW wrote:Trevor Ariza is horrible. If they could get rid of both of those losers in one swoop, they should do it now.

I wouldn't characterize Ariza as "horrible". He's marginally competent and therefore wildly overpaid for his production, but he's not horrible. Vesely is horrible. Pargo is horrible. Ariza is merely "not so good".

I agree completely that we should dump Ariza and/or Okafor for expiring contracts at the first opportunity.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1439 » by Nivek » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Ariza is a bad shooter who does everything else on the floor at least decently. Ideally, he'd cut his usage from its current level (about 19% of the team's possessions while on the floor) to something closer to 10% (basically shooting layups and wide-open looks). At that point, his inefficiency would hurt a lot less and teams could use the rest of his contributions.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#1440 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm

hands11 wrote:

Don't tease us like that.

But isn't there a Maggette equivalent big out there we can do with with ?

Eventually they need to turn this Okafor deal into a one year deal or something better.

Then they would have turned Lewis into two smaller pieces and kept Trevor A who still seems like a decent player. He started off like crap but he can still play when he has the right players out there with him.

Okafor I just never liked.

At least that way Ted can say he got something for that the millions he was going to pay Lewis anyway plus he got Trevor A.

Bargnani (+Gray?) for Okafor is probably the trade

Think Wizards would do it but it would never happen under BC. Being forced to dump his boy Bargs for Okafor deadweight would be lolz. Maybe with a new GM

Return to Washington Wizards