ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - 12/13/12)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Re: Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - present) 

Post#61 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Ruzious wrote:Seeing the "rumor" in the Draft Forum of #3 and Blatche going to LAL for Pau... adding Okafor in it would make the salaries even. And we know that Ted thinks it's "clever" to make a trade like that. Just sayin...

Yes, it would be cleaver genitally.

Sorry, I meant "clever generally". My clumsy finger, boy.....
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#62 » by willbcocks » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 pm

I think it's telling that EG and Kahn have made the first trades for veterans of this offseason.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#63 » by TGW » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Sadly enough, I see Grunfeld falling for an idiotic trade proposal like that. He traded the #5 pick for far, far, far less.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
llcc25
Senior
And1: 1

Post#64 » by llcc25 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:55 pm

HOU just traded Budinger to MIN for their 18th pick. Can we package a combo of Booker and Singleton for a mid teen pick as well?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#65 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Ruzious wrote:Seeing the "rumor" in the Draft Forum of #3 and Blatche going to LAL for Pau... adding Okafor in it would make the salaries even. And we know that Ted thinks it's "clever" to make a trade like that. Just sayin...

If Pau Gasol were about to be 28, instead of about to be 32, this deal would be good. Pau's age and diminishing game are the deal breakers. That said, this deal is not the worst deal the Wizards could make.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... lpa01.html

In effect the Wizards would be acquiring a HOF player for Emeka Okafor and Brad Beal. This player won an NBA championship starting alongside Trevor Ariza back in 2009. We have said Ariza might not be bad if he plays like he did when he was with the Lakers. This deal perhaps nukes the future and is better for the Lakers than for the Wizards. But one thing it does do is pretty much solidify a playoff appearance.

The Wizards would have in effect traded Beal+Blatche+Lewis for Ariza+Gasol when all is said and done.

That might not be the worst thing at all, because Pau has 2 or 3 good seasons left and this move might attract free agents if the Wizards can make the playoffs.

Did Pau's game really fall off that much? He disappeared in the playoffs during Phil Jackson's last season as coach. Mike Brown appeared to want Bynum to get all the touches inside.
Bye bye Beal.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#66 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Pau wouldn't play hard here. He has his rings. Have you seen him in the postseason the past two years? He had a couple good games against DEN this year but disappared against OKC... and last year Carl Landry man handled him in the 1st round.

If we trade the #3 pick for an aging PF/C, I will be beside myself.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#67 » by sashae » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Rumor I saw was Artest + Gasol + Lakers 1st for #3. Shoot me.
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#68 » by nuposse04 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

I'd rather trade for rudy gay than Gasol. Is Ted's email still public?
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#69 » by sashae » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Note: I'm about ready to burn EG in effigy if he trades the #3 for ANOTHER PF.
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,300

Post#70 » by nate33 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:In effect the Wizards would be acquiring a HOF player for Emeka Okafor and Brad Beal. This player won an NBA championship starting alongside Trevor Ariza back in 2009. We have said Ariza might not be bad if he plays like he did when he was with the Lakers. This deal perhaps nukes the future and is better for the Lakers than for the Wizards. But one thing it does do is pretty much solidify a playoff appearance.

"perhaps" nukes the future? I'd say definitely nukes the future. And the fact that Gasol is a HOF player is irrelevant. He's not currently a HOF talent anymore. He's a pretty good PF/C owed $19M a year. Allen Iverson is a former HOF player too. That doesn't me we should sign him.

I can live with squandering cap space to acquire some veteran talent under the premise that the free agency market won't have many bargains in the next two years due to supply/demand issues, but to squander a top 3 pick for veteran talent is incredibly short sighted. I'd be appalled if management was seriously considering this.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#71 » by miller31time » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I like Gasol a lot but I absolutely refuse to go "all in" on a team that A) won't be that good and B) will only get worse over time.

I won't even comment on the dramatic roster imbalance because I'd assume we would make the necessary changes and moves to smooth things over.
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#72 » by 7-Day Dray » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Pau is over-the-hill. No way.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#73 » by mohammed10 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:30 pm

TGW wrote:
Nivek wrote:
You must love watching the lottery. Holy crap that team would suck.

Is that you, Rico?

Well to be fair to the guy, he does have "In Ernie we trust" in his sig.

:lol:

I have been imploring rico to change his sig (and avatar) ever since the Okafor trade...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by mohammed10 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:32 pm

:eek1: - we can throw in Wall too

* insert sarcasm *

mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by mohammed10 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:33 pm

nuposse04 wrote:I'd rather trade for rudy gay than Gasol. Is Ted's email still public?

This.

RealGM

Post#76 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:49 pm

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:In effect the Wizards would be acquiring a HOF player for Emeka Okafor and Brad Beal. This player won an NBA championship starting alongside Trevor Ariza back in 2009. We have said Ariza might not be bad if he plays like he did when he was with the Lakers. This deal perhaps nukes the future and is better for the Lakers than for the Wizards. But one thing it does do is pretty much solidify a playoff appearance.

"perhaps" nukes the future? I'd say definitely nukes the future. And the fact that Gasol is a HOF player is irrelevant. He's not currently a HOF talent anymore. He's a pretty good PF/C owed $19M a year. Allen Iverson is a former HOF player too. That doesn't me we should sign him.

I can live with squandering cap space to acquire some veteran talent under the premise that the free agency market won't have many bargains in the next two years due to supply/demand issues, but to squander a top 3 pick for veteran talent is incredibly short sighted. I'd be appalled if management was seriously considering this.

I would rate Pau a slightly better PF than Nene is a C. The Wizards would have a pretty good PF and a pretty good C playing in front of Seraphin, Vesely, and Booker. One of the best attributes of Gasol's game is his passing. The Wizards have mobile bigs in Nene and Seraphin.

Boston gave up Al Jefferson for KG when Garnett was 31.

In 2010-2011, Pau finished #2 in the NBA in Win Shares. In 2011-2012, Gasol finished #10 in Win Shares. That is with a new coach, Kobe, and Andrew Bynum all taking away from his offense by pushing him further from the basket.

I think if this deal happens Gasol could have a bounce back year. Nene is a very good finisher. They would be really good together.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#77 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:52 pm

mohammed10 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:I'd rather trade for rudy gay than Gasol. Is Ted's email still public?

This.

Rudy Gay is a ball hog and one of the reasons Memphis did not go that far in the playoffs this season. He has won NOTHING. He is not the same caliber player as Pau Gasol. I would take a declining Pau over Rudy. Jump shooting SFs who do not make their teammates better win nothing. Pau is the main reason Kobe won the last two rings.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#78 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
mohammed10 wrote:

This.

Rudy Gay is a ball hog and one of the reasons Memphis did not go that far in the playoffs this season. He has won NOTHING. He is not the same caliber player as Pau Gasol. I would take a declining Pau over Rudy. Jump shooting SFs who do not make their teammates better win nothing. Pau is the main reason Kobe won the last two rings.

Unfortunately, we're two years removed from the Gasol that won those rings.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#79 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Even many Lakers fans seemed puzzled we'd want Gasol. :nonono:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#80 » by nuposse04 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
mohammed10 wrote:

This.

He is a ball hog to a degree, but I'd rather have a hyper athletic SF than a 32 year ol f/c whose best basketball is behind him, and more than likely, cannot will a mediocre to average team to anything when not paired with superstar talent like Kobe and most recently, Bynum. Memphis never did anything with a young Pao, what makes you think we would be any better? I'm just saying, between the two, give me the one who has a sliver of hope to improve while still having prime years left. I'm hoping no trades like them occur.

Return to Washington Wizards