ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - 12/13/12)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Official Trade Thread XX (6/22/12 - present) 

Post#1101 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 2:57 pm

willbcocks wrote:My impression is that Houston fans have been happy about the trade and OKC fans upset. Or at least that's true of Realgm fans....

If Harden keeps playing anywhere near as well as he did in his debut there will be quite a bit of dissension in OKC. They better win games in OKC, or Sam Presti will end up in hot water, and eventually, he will get canned due to this one deal.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1102 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 9:21 pm

Wizards / Spurs Trade Idea (This saves Ernie's and Randy's Arses)

Real simple ...

Wizards send C Nene or Emeka Okafor (SA's choice), PF Trevor Booker, SG Jordan Crawford
Spurs send SG Manu Ginobili (exp), PF DeJuan Blair, PG Patty Mills

Why for the Wizards -- If the Spurs take Nene it frees the Wizards of a 52M injury risk who is going to play only when he's near-100% right. If they take Emeka Okafor, the Wizards rejoice having undone a bad trade that tied up cap space. Either way, Ginobili expires. He can be released or traded before the playoffs--perhaps to a team like OKC, that misses Harden. Blair is a beast and so is Mills, but they are just two bodies on the Spurs' deep bench. They would help the Wizards tremendously.

Why for the Spurs -- Timmy can't win by himself in the middle. Nene could change that and Emeka could help him, too. Booker could be an energy guy for a Spurs team that needs one at PF. Crawford could even help them off the bench as a spark if he sticks to penetrating. He's got swagger.

Thoughts?
Bye bye Beal.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1103 » by nuposse04 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 10:20 pm

I would hope they take Nene in that deal. I'd pull the trigger...SA has a lot of wing production so it would make sense to get rid of Manu's injury proneness...I'm not so sure that'd keep him out of loyalty either...I think they'd pull the trigger if they thought it gave them good value.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1104 » by verbal8 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 12:58 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wizards / Spurs Trade Idea (This saves Ernie's and Randy's Arses)

Real simple ...

Wizards send C Nene or Emeka Okafor (SA's choice), PF Trevor Booker, SG Jordan Crawford

Why for the Wizards -- If the Spurs take Nene it frees the Wizards of a 52M injury risk who is going to play only when he's near-100% right. If they take Emeka Okafor, the Wizards rejoice having undone a bad trade that tied up cap space. Either way, Ginobili expires. He can be released or traded before the playoffs--perhaps to a team like OKC, that misses Harden. Blair is a beast and so is Mills, but they are just two bodies on the Spurs' deep bench. They would help the Wizards tremendously.

Why for the Spurs -- Timmy can't win by himself in the middle. Nene could change that and Emeka could help him, too. Booker could be an energy guy for a Spurs team that needs one at PF. Crawford could even help them off the bench as a spark if he sticks to penetrating. He's got swagger.

Thoughts?

I think San Antonio probably sends out Stephen Jackson rather than Ginobili. If the Wizards did get Ginobili, they might look at flipping him to OKC for Martin.
llcc25
Senior
And1: 1

Post#1105 » by llcc25 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 1:10 am

can we give SA Vesely and Singleton for Leonard? lol
RealGM

Post#1106 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 2, 2012 1:20 am

verbal8 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wizards / Spurs Trade Idea (This saves Ernie's and Randy's Arses)

Real simple ...

Thoughts?

I think San Antonio probably sends out Stephen Jackson rather than Ginobili. If the Wizards did get Ginobili, they might look at flipping him to OKC for Martin.

You're right, verbal. Jackson is much more likely to be traded than Ginobili.

To get Manu perhaps the Wizards send them a 1st in a three-way deal. OKC has multiple 1st round picks and Martin to facilitate a deal. They also might want to send Perkins. The Spurs might do a Manu deal if the Wizards made it sweet enough. Manu and cap relief might be worth dropping back a few draft slots if the Wizards could get back OKC extra pick (s) from either Dallas or Toronto.
Bye bye Beal.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,380

Post#1107 » by Jimmy Recard » Fri Nov 2, 2012 2:35 am

Funny CCJ, i was just thinking the other day about a potential trade with San Antonio. The Spurs will have another 50-60 win season, but they won't win another 'chip unless they pair Duncan with a capable 2-way big man to take some pressure off of him on both ends, and they know it.

Blair wants out, not a fan of him though. Jax is an expiring which they'll no doubt try to trade before the deadline for a solid big man that can help them out in the playoffs. In no secret that the Spurs are high on K-Sera and wanted him in the 2010 draft. But they don't have any young prospects (outside of Leonard) that I would even consider trading Seraphin for. If the Spurs get desperate at the deadline, I'd try:

Nene, Singleton and a 1st (top 3 protected) for Leonard and Jackson

Buy out Jackson and let him go back to San Antonio before the post-season.

Okafor/Seraphin/Vesely
Seraphin/Vesely/Booker
Leonard/Webster/Ariza
Beal/Crawford/Martin
Wall/Price/Pargo

Duncan/Splitter/Bonner
Nene/Diaw/Blair
Jackson/Singleton
Green/Ginobili/Neal
Parker/Mills/De Colo
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,859

Post#1108 » by Klomp » Fri Nov 2, 2012 3:51 am

Two questions:
1. How available is Chris Singleton?
2. Could you use a Barea or Ridnour?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#1109 » by BruceO » Fri Nov 2, 2012 8:38 am

pre draft there was a rumoured brad beal for harden trade, what would have been the mechanics of that? do you think we made a mistake not taking harden in? i'm imagining the harden we saw against detroit playing next to wall and i'm wondering if we missed an opportunity
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#1110 » by willbcocks » Fri Nov 2, 2012 8:52 am

BruceO wrote:pre draft there was a rumoured brad beal for harden trade, what would have been the mechanics of that? do you think we made a mistake not taking harden in? i'm imagining the harden we saw against detroit playing next to wall and i'm wondering if we missed an opportunity

There were numerous ways we could have done this if we hadn't committed to hordes of highly paid veterans. And yes, I think it was a mistake not anticipating and making this trade.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1111 » by verbal8 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 10:48 am

Klomp wrote:Two questions:

The Wizards may value him higher, but I would trade him for either player. Crawford would probably have to be traded to make the salaries work for Ridnour. I think Malcolm Lee can be sent to the Wizards to balance the rosters and can be traded for nothing since he is a minimum salary player.

Barea would be tricky because he would require 2 players to be included.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1112 » by montestewart » Fri Nov 2, 2012 12:24 pm

verbal8 wrote:

The Wizards may value him higher, but I would trade him for either player. Crawford would probably have to be traded to make the salaries work for Ridnour. I think Malcolm Lee can be sent to the Wizards to balance the rosters and can be traded for nothing since he is a minimum salary player.

Barea would be tricky because he would require 2 players to be included.

I know some here don't like him, but I think Ridnour would have been a good pickup and still could be, starting at PG until Wall gets back (not spectacularly, but surely better than what's in place) with a good long ball and the ability to play off the ball alongside Wall, depending on matchups. And, it's not all that much money or that long a commitment. Of course, knowing the Wizards luck, they'll probably acquire him immediately preceding his precipitous decline.
fugop
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#1113 » by fugop » Fri Nov 2, 2012 2:29 pm

You guys really want Vesely. Trust me. Remember when you stole the number 5 pick from us? Trading for Vesely would be like stealing the number 6 (2011). Just do it. Vesely for Ridnour.
RealGM

Post#1114 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 2, 2012 3:06 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:Funny CCJ, i was just thinking the other day about a potential trade with San Antonio. The Spurs will have another 50-60 win season, but they won't win another 'chip unless they pair Duncan with a capable 2-way big man to take some pressure off of him on both ends, and they know it.

Blair wants out, not a fan of him though. Jax is an expiring which they'll no doubt try to trade before the deadline for a solid big man that can help them out in the playoffs. In no secret that the Spurs are high on K-Sera and wanted him in the 2010 draft. But they don't have any young prospects (outside of Leonard) that I would even consider trading Seraphin for. If the Spurs get desperate at the deadline, I'd try:

Nene, Singleton and a 1st (top 3 protected) for Leonard and Jackson

Buy out Jackson and let him go back to San Antonio before the post-season.

Okafor/Seraphin/Vesely
Seraphin/Vesely/Booker
Leonard/Webster/Ariza
Beal/Crawford/Martin
Wall/Price/Pargo

Duncan/Splitter/Bonner
Nene/Diaw/Blair
Jackson/Singleton
Green/Ginobili/Neal
Parker/Mills/De Colo

There's no way the Spurs give up Leonard IMO, Jimmy R.

Leonard is 21, two years younger than James Harden, and he is already a better-than-average NBA player. He is a great rebounder, a good defender, and he can hit the three. Because of his defense, I would say Kawhi Leonard will be an all star and possibly just as good as Harden in a few years, if not better. No way the Wizards get this player who they should have drafted over Jan Vesely. :(

Jimmy Recard, maybe a slightly different deal can be worked without involving first round picks from Washington or Kawhi Leonard from San Antonio.

How about this idea: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akg3jw9

Nene and Crawford for Jackson, Bonner, Corey Joseph, and a SA 1st round pick -- WAS waives Jackson, immediately.

Gets rid of Crawford in favor of Joseph, a defensive-minded PG. Nene would yield a draft pick, cap relief, and stretch 4/5. The Spurs would get Jackson back and have a much better shot with Nene paired with Duncan.

Thoughts?
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1115 » by LyricalRico » Fri Nov 2, 2012 9:05 pm

With Dallas clearly having problems in the middle, would they be interested in Okafor? The checker is mistakenly saying Okafor was traded from Dallas so I can't run this idea, but Okafor for Kaman+Carter seems like it should work salary-wise.

Two issues - Dallas would have to be willing to take on the extra salary for next year, and we would need to find a third team to take Vince.

Wizards trade: Okafor
Wizards receive: Kaman and player from Team C

Mavs trade: Kaman and Carter
Mavs receive: Okafor

Team C trades: ???
Team C receives: Carter

Any ideas? :dontknow:
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1116 » by dangermouse » Sat Nov 3, 2012 3:12 am

Would we be able to squeeze Beaubois out of them?
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#1117 » by Illuminaire » Sat Nov 3, 2012 3:45 am

With EG at the helm? We'd probably cough up a pick.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1118 » by LyricalRico » Sat Nov 3, 2012 9:01 am

dangermouse wrote:Would we be able to squeeze Beaubois out of them?

I doubt it, cuz they need their guards. Even more so if they are moving Carter. What if we just kept Carter for ourselves, and then did something like Singleton+Crawford for Ridnour mentioned above? We'd probably have to do both deals in December since Kaman was recently signed and for health reasons (we need Nene healthy, and Minny needs Rubio healthy or close to it).

Nene/Seraphin/Kaman
Booker/Vesely
Webster/Ariza
Carter/Beal
Wall/Ridnour

Ultimately it works out to Okafor+Crawford+Singleton for Carter+Ridnour+cap space, and I guess I'm not crazy about that. I'd still like to see what we could get with that package next summer, and also hopefully have seen what it looks like to have Okafor and Nene play together. Still, just throwing it out there.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#1119 » by BruceO » Sat Nov 3, 2012 7:12 pm

i mean i know i just asked this the page before in a way but did we drop the ball not trading for harden with brad beal? i mean the way harden is beasting... are we correct in having kept beal?
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#1120 » by Upper Decker » Sat Nov 3, 2012 7:34 pm

BruceO wrote:i mean i know i just asked this the page before in a way but did we drop the ball not trading for harden with brad beal? i mean the way harden is beasting... are we correct in having kept beal?

I say yes, but I guess it depends on what the Thunder were asking for in addition to Beal. Rumor has it that Presti wanted Beal right before the draft. If Harden for Beal + Vesely +picks were plausible EG should have jumped all over that. I guess we'll never know how far discussions went. At the time of the draft my preferences were 1) Harden, 2) Beal, 3) MKG, 4) Lillard. Wall + Harden backcourt would have been sensational.

Return to Washington Wizards