ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Re: Bradley Beal 

Post#581 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 am

Knighthonor wrote:Jarvis Hayes was way better player than Beal....

We are probably witnessing Beal at his absolute worst. Currently his advanced stats are comparable to Hayes career stats. Just think about that.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#582 » by Knighthonor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:Jarvis Hayes was way better player than Beal....

We are probably witnessing Beal at his absolute worst. Currently his advanced stats are comparable to Hayes career stats. Just think about that.

didnt say anything about that. I was comparing current Beal to him when he played on wiz. not future Beal! :roll:
GhostsOfGil
General Manager

Post#583 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 am

You must have missed the part where I said currently..
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#584 » by Knighthonor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:You must have missed the part where I said currently..

excuse me than. sorry,. :lol:
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#585 » by Illuminaire » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:28 am

Based on replies to knighthonor alone, I'm guessing he's doing a really good job trolling, or a really bad job at reading comprehension.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#586 » by Halcyon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:54 am

Illuminaire wrote:Knighthonor just reached troll status. Ignore option, initiated.

Good idea, makes my brain hurt less :D
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#587 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 am

Knighthonor wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:
Mel Proctor wrote:Although I don't post on here often, I believe I was one of the first banging the drum that Beal just isn't very good. He reminds me of Jarvis Hayes. Beautiful-looking stroke that goes in less than 40% of the time. That's horrid. Also, Beal is an AWFUL finisher. I don't think he has finished a layup in traffic all season. Also, can he even dunk? He just does not have the athleticism to succeed on either end of the floor. Drafting Beal was a big time swing and miss. Almost as bad as Vesely. But then again, almost nothing compares to wasting the #6 pick on him.

Beal is shooting 55% eFG% inside and averaging 4 FTA per 36 minutes. Jarvis Hayes averaged 1.7 FTA per 36 for his entire CAREER.

Jarvis Hayes was way better player than Beal....

LOL come on man...I am not a Beal fan, but that's ridiculous. Like others have mentioned, he's only 13 games into his career. Right now, I don't see him as an elite finisher, but I hope he can turn into a Kevin Martin. An efficient 3pt shooter that also draws a lot of fouls inside. That is what I see as his upside. Will he reach that level? I don't know, but he REALLY needs to work on his mid-range coming off screens and finishing at the basket with contact.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#588 » by montestewart » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 am

Knighthonor wrote:
TGW wrote:Jarvis couldn't put the ball on the floor for more than maybe 2 dribbles before he'd either pass or shoot the ball. Terrible comparison.

just about everybody on the current roster is afraid to take a shot. so thats a moot point to make honestly.

He wasn't making any point at all, Junior Mint. You were:
Knighthonor wrote:he had way better handle than Beal does.

It's the handle, plug. The only handle Hayes has is the one on the back of your head, and he better hang on for his life, because it's a lose handle.

PS: Mike James and Trick James are better than Knighthonor.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager

Post#589 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 am

DANNYLANDOVER wrote: Right now, I don't see him as an elite finisher, but I hope he can turn into a Kevin Martin. An efficient 3pt shooter that also draws a lot of fouls inside. That is what I see as his upside. Will he reach that level? I don't know, but he REALLY needs to work on his mid-range coming off screens and finishing at the basket with contact.

Beal's outside shooting efficiency is bound to improve but Kevin Martin is one of the absolute best at drawing shooting fouls. Unfortunately, I doubt Beal will ever get to that level based off what we have seen from him so far.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#590 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote: Right now, I don't see him as an elite finisher, but I hope he can turn into a Kevin Martin. An efficient 3pt shooter that also draws a lot of fouls inside. That is what I see as his upside. Will he reach that level? I don't know, but he REALLY needs to work on his mid-range coming off screens and finishing at the basket with contact.

Beal's outside shooting efficiency is bound to improve but Kevin Martin is one of the absolute best at drawing shooting fouls. Unfortunately, I doubt Beal will ever get to that level based off what we have seen from him so far.

Right now, I'm not too worried about his 3 pt shooting. I do wanna see him make those mid-range shots coming off screens. If he's supposed to be a shooter, he just can't be missing those. Like Nivek said, his main problem is his 2pt shooting, and that includes finishing at the rim. One thing that I noticed about him during his workouts and preseason games is that he doesn't get much elevation while shooting. Do you think that could be affecting his shooting consistency?
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#591 » by omegatronic3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:09 am

Im totally on board with the arvis Hayes comparison. A guy with a stroke who cant hit a wide open shot to save his life. Its like he knows hes known as a shooter so theres too much pressure and he chokes.

I never like undersized players unless they are either a freak athlete or they do one thing amazingly well. Beal is neither. We woulda been better off with Harrison Barnes. I think he has trouble getting his shot off against bigger players. Hes a classic tweaner and thats what I was afraid of. He's Randy Foye basically.

I hope Beal figures it out but hes had plenty of time to show something and at this point he kinda is what he is.
If he was gonna be a great shooter he woulda shown it by now. He does nothing exceptionally well.
I thin he should either hone his ball handling to become a second pg or just do nothing but figure out how to be a dead eye shooter.
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#592 » by omegatronic3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:19 am

Knighthonor wrote:
Illuminaire wrote:Knighthonor just reached troll status. Ignore option, initiated.

calling a troll huh?
ignore all you want.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMtZ8mRAF0[/youtube]

he had way better handle than Beal does. Not sure how he is today, but I remember him on the wizards, and he was way better player than Beal is currently.

OMFG arvis was Horrible!! He never hit a shot when we needed it and he never came close to being consistent.
Unlike Beal he had all the tools..size, athleticism but never put it together.

They both have kind of mild mannered nice guy attitudes which i dont think helps em out. Beal needs to get a little nastier and get a little more Gilbert Arenas in him
Mizerooskie
Junior
And1: 36

Post#593 » by Mizerooskie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:35 am

omegatronic3 wrote:Im totally on board with the arvis Hayes comparison. A guy with a stroke who cant hit a wide open shot to save his life. Its like he knows hes known as a shooter so theres too much pressure and he chokes.

I never like undersized players unless they are either a freak athlete or they do one thing amazingly well. Beal is neither. We woulda been better off with Harrison Barnes. I think he has trouble getting his shot off against bigger players. Hes a classic tweaner and thats what I was afraid of. He's Randy Foye basically.

I hope Beal figures it out but hes had plenty of time to show something and at this point he kinda is what he is.
If he was gonna be a great shooter he woulda shown it by now. He does nothing exceptionally well.
I thin he should either hone his ball handling to become a second pg or just do nothing but figure out how to be a dead eye shooter.

I can't begin to explain the absurdity of that statement.

Blatant trolling, or genuinely clueless?
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#594 » by Knighthonor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:27 am

omegatronic3 wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:

calling a troll huh?
ignore all you want.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMtZ8mRAF0[/youtube]

he had way better handle than Beal does. Not sure how he is today, but I remember him on the wizards, and he was way better player than Beal is currently.

OMFG arvis was Horrible!! He never hit a shot when we needed it and he never came close to being consistent.
Unlike Beal he had all the tools..size, athleticism but never put it together.

They both have kind of mild mannered nice guy attitudes which i dont think helps em out. Beal needs to get a little nastier and get a little more Gilbert Arenas in him

My bad, I assume the guy in the video, and the guy you all are talking about in this discussion, isnt the same Hayes
guy. well that clears up a bit of confusion I had. at first thought you all were saying this guy in the video was as bad as Beal is now. :lol:

But cant compare him to Beal as is. Need to give him a year at least.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#595 » by dangermouse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 am

There is a Jarvis Hayes mix..........

And someone posted the mix in an argument to prove he was good..........

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#596 » by Halcyon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:05 pm

I will say though, I think it would be better for Beal to come off the bench for now. It's clear to me the game is going too fast for him, and Martell is a better option at the starting 2 spot. It'll also let Beal play against the other team's backups, at less minutes and hopefully that will help him get more acclimated to the NBA level at a more piecemeal pace.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#597 » by Illuminaire » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Halcyon wrote:I will say though, I think it would be better for Beal to come off the bench for now. It's clear to me the game is going too fast for him, and Martell is a better option at the starting 2 spot. It'll also let Beal play against the other team's backups, at less minutes and hopefully that will help him get more acclimated to the NBA level at a more piecemeal pace.

There is wisdom here. I like the idea of Beal getting some guaranteed minutes, but more like 12-15. Then we can let him earn more burn than that with performance. I think the combination of know when he'll be in, but also knowing he can earn more will help provide both stability and motivation to work hard.

As a few of us keep saying (I think Nate started this in the summer, lol), we need to have tempered expectations. Guards as young as Beal almost always start off struggling - even guys who go on to be all stars.
RT31
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#598 » by RT31 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Halcyon wrote:I will say though, I think it would be better for Beal to come off the bench for now. It's clear to me the game is going too fast for him, and Martell is a better option at the starting 2 spot. It'll also let Beal play against the other team's backups, at less minutes and hopefully that will help him get more acclimated to the NBA level at a more piecemeal pace.

I agree. Seems like he's playing in slow motion sometimes. sense, he's not "slow", i'm guessing he's over thinking and not just playing.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#599 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:05 pm

I felt all along that putting him in the starting lineup was a bad idea. He is only 19 and i think it makes sense for him to play off the bench until he shows that he is comfortable in the NBA.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#600 » by DCZards » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Yup, coming off the bench is probably the way to go with Beal. I think most of us (including the Zards FO) had inflated expectations for Beal. It didn't help that the team's two best players (Wall and Nene) were unavailable, and Beal is being asked to play more and produce more than he should be at this point in his career. That can be very stressful for a 19 year old.

Return to Washington Wizards