Tomas Satoransky---32nd Overall.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Tomas Satoransky---32nd Overall. 

Post#901 » by Wizardspride » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:46 pm

:nod: :nod: :nod:

http://wizofawes.com/2015/09/16/washington-wizards-tomas-satoransky-could-become-a-part-of-the-teams-core/

Wall, Beal, Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre and Satoransky will make up one of the best young cores in the Eastern Conference. Not many people, including myself, were high on Satoransky a few seasons ago, but he’s really grown into a star overseas.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,305

Post#902 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Dat2U wrote:I hope Oubre doesn't get lost in the shuffle & Tomas doesn't break the bank coming over.

I'm assuming Sato won't break the bank or else there wouldn't be so much talk of him coming over next year. We're either going to sign him with our Room Minimum ($2.9M) or we will sign him with the leftover cap room after inking Durant. That could be up to $9M, but I'm assuming some of that money will go towards a big man, even if it's just Humphries. (The plan can't possibly be to have Gortat plus 6 wings and no other big man other than vet minimum guys.)

So I don't see any way we spend more than $4.4M on Sato.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#903 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:From Tomas' coach:

He keeps developing all the time, it's not by accident that he started the season at FC Barcelona coming off the bench and gradually he became important in the starting five," Czech Republic head coach Ronen Ginzburg explained.

"Up until a few years ago he still struggled with his shooting but he worked so hard on that and now his long-range shot is pretty good.

"Tomas is the heart of our team, a kid that you enjoy coaching because he comes to every practice and works out as if it were the first practice or the last practice of his life.

"I think he will soon become one of the best European point guards."

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2015.roundID_9322.coid_vJpM1sSxHZMGbImrToY0b1.articleMode_on.html

I would love to read what Ronin Ginzburg has to say about bearded Jan Vesely, another of his players.

Thanks for posting this, Illmatic12. Sounds like Tomas is going to be a good one.

"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin,"
"Be the change you want to be."
Bye bye Beal.
Luke_Mellow
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#904 » by Luke_Mellow » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:From Tomas' coach:

He keeps developing all the time, it's not by accident that he started the season at FC Barcelona coming off the bench and gradually he became important in the starting five," Czech Republic head coach Ronen Ginzburg explained.

"Up until a few years ago he still struggled with his shooting but he worked so hard on that and now his long-range shot is pretty good.

"Tomas is the heart of our team, a kid that you enjoy coaching because he comes to every practice and works out as if it were the first practice or the last practice of his life.

"I think he will soon become one of the best European point guards."

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2015.roundID_9322.coid_vJpM1sSxHZMGbImrToY0b1.articleMode_on.html

Also, Czech coach Ginzburg had this to say about Satoransky:

https://twitter.com/Luke_Mellow/status/641943648695918593
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 250

Post#905 » by gesa2 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:06 pm

But they will have to make quite an effort because Satoransky is not that desperate to leave his well-earned spot at FCB. Not for a minor role on an NBA playoff team. Don’t get me wrong. The NBA has always been a dream of his, and he would sacrifice a lot to achieve it, but the situation has to be right and both sides have to make it work. Trust me, the way the Wizards mishandled Vesely still triggers many question marks. Stay tuned.

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2015/10/czech-mate-an-insiders-take-on-tomas-satoransky-jan-vesely-and-the-wizards.html

I really hope this isn't too much of an issue next Summer. If the bridges aren't burned, it'd be awesome if we signed Sato as third guard and Vesely as back up center.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#906 » by dobrojim » Sat Oct 3, 2015 5:46 pm

Sato yes. Vesely, why? He's not a very good basketball player compared to typical NBA talent.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 250

Post#907 » by gesa2 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 9:08 pm

You're probably right dobrojim, Vesely certainly had his chances here, and any complaints he might have about how we developed him don't hold up when he is compared to our other post Wall high picks. If anything the organization spent too much time and energy trying to make him into a viable 4 when he has no offensive skills beyond hard cuts to the rim. But he has apparently developed his game somewhat, and it would be a good story to have him come back as a low cost backup 5.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#908 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 3, 2015 9:57 pm

gesa2 wrote:You're probably right dobrojim, Vesely certainly had his chances here, and any complaints he might have about how we developed him don't hold up when he is compared to our other post Wall high picks. If anything the organization spent too much time and energy trying to make him into a viable 4 when he has no offensive skills beyond hard cuts to the rim. But he has apparently developed his game somewhat, and it would be a good story to have him come back as a low cost backup 5.

He's definitely improved his scoring numbers. Hey, if he's improved on his skills and strength, I'd be fine with giving him a look here considering our lack of depth up front - though I wouldn't pay him much.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#909 » by nate33 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 11:18 pm

gesa2 wrote:
But they will have to make quite an effort because Satoransky is not that desperate to leave his well-earned spot at FCB. Not for a minor role on an NBA playoff team. Don’t get me wrong. The NBA has always been a dream of his, and he would sacrifice a lot to achieve it, but the situation has to be right and both sides have to make it work. Trust me, the way the Wizards mishandled Vesely still triggers many question marks. Stay tuned.

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2015/10/czech-mate-an-insiders-take-on-tomas-satoransky-jan-vesely-and-the-wizards.html

I really hope this isn't too much of an issue next Summer. If the bridges aren't burned, it'd be awesome if we signed Sato as third guard and Vesely as back up center.

Vesely shot 27% from the FT line in his final season in a Wizards' uniform and averaged 6.7 fouls per 36 minutes. That is absolutely unacceptable for an NBA player making millions of dollars. He has no excuses and nobody to blame but himself.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#910 » by AFM » Sun Oct 4, 2015 12:47 am

To be fair Nate, that's 1 in 4 FTs. That's not bad. I remember showing up drunk one day to my fraternity intramural league. I shot around 25% from the FT line as well.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#911 » by payitforward » Sun Oct 4, 2015 3:02 pm

AFM wrote:To be fair Nate, that's 1 in 4 FTs. That's not bad. I remember showing up drunk one day to my fraternity intramural league. I shot around 25% from the FT line as well.

Positive visualization, AFM. If only you'd practiced that back then....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#912 » by No-Man » Sun Oct 4, 2015 9:28 pm

Vesely should be the back-up C next season if KD comes over,

Wall-Satoransky
Beal-Anderson
Porter-Oubre
Durant-Humphries
Gortat-Vesely

That team will be dope, I know AA has only a one year deal, but as a 3&D guy he is a perfect fit in that context, much better than Neal, and cheaper than Dudley, who will likely ask for 8-10m$ if he has a good year.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#913 » by No-Man » Wed Oct 7, 2015 8:39 am

Vesely showed his developed offensive game, touch and agility against the Nets for 18 points in 32min, 9-14.
RealGM

Post#914 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:56 pm

Fischella wrote:Vesely showed his developed offensive game, touch and agility against the Nets for 18 points in 32min, 9-14.

You know I still like Vesley.

1. Teach Jan a few Hip Hop dance moves.

2. With confident swagger emphasized; TEACH him to consistently make 75% or better FTs in practice. (15 of 20)

3. Share faith with him. With God things are possible but you must Believe. Jan just needs to believe in himself.

He can be QUALITY stretch four or SMALL FORWARD...in the NBA.

Starter or reserve
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#915 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:57 pm

Oops
Bye bye Beal.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#916 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:50 pm

Fischella wrote:Vesely should be the back-up C next season if KD comes over,

Wall-Satoransky
Beal-Anderson
Porter-Oubre
Durant-Humphries
Gortat-Vesely

That team will be dope, I know AA has only a one year deal, but as a 3&D guy he is a perfect fit in that context, much better than Neal, and cheaper than Dudley, who will likely ask for 8-10m$ if he has a good year.

This reflects what many of us already knew about Jan. I'm not convinced that he is dedicated enough to compete and survive at the NBA level:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/adammcginnis/status/651422280300498944[/tweet]

Great to hear the opposite about Tomas however. I cannot wait for him to be a Wizard, his game would fit seamlessly into this new offense as another shooter/ballhandler with size.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#917 » by No-Man » Wed Oct 7, 2015 4:34 pm

Vesely is at his best at the Center spot, maybe some PF, no way at the 3.
RealGM

Post#918 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Jared Jeffries played the 2, 3, 4, and probably some 5 in his career.

KG played 3 when he first came in the league. So did Pau.

Vesely outperformed rookie Otto Porter in summer league. Jan hit Dirk-like jumpers that summer. He doesn't have to make them in the regular NBA. He can keep defenses honest by taking two or three each game. He just needs to RUN, REBOUND, and play SF just like he was already playing SF when Washington drafted him.

The idea of Vesely at 3 means Otto would be at 4 in what I envision.

Unskilled players like Tristan Thompson and Andre Roberson help good teams be even better. Jan has the type of disruptive athleticism and length the Wizards needed to beat Porzingis, Derrick Williams and the Knicks.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#919 » by nate33 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Jared Jeffries played the 2, 3, 4, and probably some 5 in his career.

Vesely outperformed rookie Otto Porter in summer league. Jan hit Dirk-like jumpers that summer. He doesn't have to make them in the regular NBA. He can keep defenses honest by taking two or three each game. He just needs to RUN, REBOUND, and play SF just like he was already playing SF when Washington drafted him.

Unskilled players like Tristan Thompson and Andre Roberson help good teams be even better. Jan has the type of disruptive athleticism and length the Wizards needed to beat Porzingis, Derrick Williams and the Knicks.

CCJ, just stop. Please. You are wrong on this one.

Vesely can't play SF. At all. He has no SF skills on offense and he's not even very good defensively at the position. Nobody in the league has a SF that shoots as poorly as Vesely. No one. (No one in the league even has a PF that shoots as poorly as Vesely - at least the Vesely who played for Washington two seasons ago. Maybe he got better. I don't know.)

There's a reason why nobody plays non-shooting SFs in today's game. If they were playable, don't you think someone would have tried it by now?

The only way it makes sense to play Vesely at SF is if you somehow have a team with elite shooting at PF and C, while still being a sound defensive team. So you need two exceptionally unique bigs to put on his team. And even then, wouldn't you prefer to complement those exceptional bigs with a SF who can shoot and handle and do other things? Why would you voluntarily play Vesely in that role? It makes no sense.
RealGM

Post#920 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:05 am

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Jared Jeffries played the 2, 3, 4, and probably some 5 in his career.

CCJ, just stop. Please. You are wrong on this one.

Vesely can't play SF. At all. He has no SF skills on offense and he's not even very good defensively at the position. Nobody in the league has a SF that shoots as poorly as Vesely. No one. (No one in the league even has a PF that shoots as poorly as Vesely - at least the Vesely who played for Washington two seasons ago. Maybe he got better. I don't know.)

There's a reason why nobody plays non-shooting SFs in today's game. If they were playable, don't you think someone would have tried it by now?

The only way it makes sense to play Vesely at SF is if you somehow have a team with elite shooting at PF and C, while still being a sound defensive team. So you need two exceptionally unique bigs to put on his team. And even then, wouldn't you prefer to complement those exceptional bigs with a SF who can shoot and handle and do other things? Why would you voluntarily play Vesely in that role? It makes no sense.

I love it when you say I am wrong on basketball stuff. :)

You explain in paragraph last how Vesely can play SF. Yes. Essentially overcompensating other positions to make up for JVs very apparent weaknesses is how he can play. Jeffries did play SG next to Arenas. Jan can play SF next to Nene (resigned cheaply) and DeMarcus Cousins, if the Wizards traded for him.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards