Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1121 » by rockymac52 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 9:36 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
rockymac52 wrote:Come on now guys, no need to jump on Ernie for not signing a guy like Selby.

Selby is absolute garbage.

He was highly ranked coming out of high school, and wasn't even good in college at kU.

He's young, and it's easy to look at that ranking coming out of high school and think that he still has a lot of "potential," but the reality is he's just not good enough to play in the NBA.

I don't think it's fair to call him a scorer either, seeing as he can't get off the bench, and when he does, he has actually been terrible on offense. According to synergy, of the 458 NBA players that have seen game action this year, Selby ranks 453 in half court offense efficiency. 453/458!!! That's bad!!!

Selby will be a career D-Leaguer.

Selby got outed and I do not believe what he said after the fact, not that it matters.

LOL. I typed something in very similar, but then I decided I didn't want to be the one to say it. So thank you for that :lol:
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1122 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Mar 3, 2013 11:24 pm

I probably should not have. I don't think it is worthwhile to discuss other than to say Selby's few D-League games and this past summer league performances were similar to Lillard's and Waiters' best.

He hasn't played well in the NBA appearances he has made.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1123 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 4, 2013 12:36 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I probably should not have. I don't think it is worthwhile to discuss other than to say Selby's few D-League games and this past summer league performances were similar to Lillard's and Waiters' best.

He hasn't played well in the NBA appearances he has made.

Selby was seldom used as a 3rd-string PG, this season practically not at all.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/493 ... ?year=2012
closg00
RealGM

Post#1124 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 5, 2013 1:32 pm

The Bucks have won 4-straight post-trade. With Dalembert back and JJ part of their rotation, the Bucks are maintaining their lead over Philly comfortably.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#1125 » by sfam » Wed Mar 6, 2013 4:12 pm

Looks like the Hawks are giving Shelvin Mack a try:

The Atlanta Hawks will sign Shelvin Mack.

Jeremy Tyler was waived by the Hawks on Wednesday to create a roster spot.

Mack played last season for the Washington Wizards, but was waived before the start of the season. After a stint in the D-League, Mack was re-signed by the Wizards in December and later signed two 10-day deals with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Mack has averaged 20.1 points, 7.5 assists and 4.3 rebounds in 40.3 minutes per game in the D-League this season.

I really liked Mack at Butler in the Tournament. I wish he had been decent on the Wizards, and wish him all the best at Atlanta.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1126 » by closg00 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 4:42 pm

....and Jeremy Tyler was waived, my first thought was that "he's gotta be better than Vesely "
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1127 » by fishercob » Thu Mar 7, 2013 3:28 pm

The Sixers traded Iguodala, Vucevic and Moe Harkless for Andrew Bynum.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,064

Post#1128 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 7, 2013 3:52 pm

fishercob wrote:The Sixers traded Iguodala, Vucevic and Moe Harkless for Andrew Bynum.

Wow. And I remember being befuddled as to why Orlando gave up Dwight and didn't even get Bynum back in the transaction. Now I see why.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#1129 » by montestewart » Thu Mar 7, 2013 5:43 pm

nate33 wrote:
fishercob wrote:The Sixers traded Iguodala, Vucevic and Moe Harkless for Andrew Bynum.

Wow. And I remember being befuddled as to why Orlando gave up Dwight and didn't even get Bynum back in the transaction. Now I see why.

And why so many here were uninterested in trying to get Bynum.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1130 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 am

The Dallas Mavericks are planning on signing Chris Wright from the Iowa Energy.

Wright, a point guard out of Georgetown, is averaging 15.5 points, 7.0 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game with the Energy.

Wright will replace the recently waived Dominique Jones on the roster.

1. I wonder if CW is better than Price...or JW?

2. Cuban paid $3 mil to get Jones, was it just a tax write-off that year? Cuban gambles big I guess.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#1131 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:43 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... urt-Thomas

The New York Knicks are close to signing James Singleton and will release Kurt Thomas to make room on the roster.

After averaging 8.2 points and 6.8 rebounds in 12 games for the Washington Wizards last season, Singleton spent the past year playing in China.

Thomas, 40, has missed the Knicks' past 12 games because of a stress fracture in his right foot, and he will have surgery next week.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#1132 » by verbal8 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:26 am

MikeTheKid wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227151/Knicks-To-Sign-James-Singleton-Waive-Kurt-Thomas

The New York Knicks are close to signing James Singleton and will release Kurt Thomas to make room on the roster.

After averaging 8.2 points and 6.8 rebounds in 12 games for the Washington Wizards last season, Singleton spent the past year playing in China.

Thomas, 40, has missed the Knicks' past 12 games because of a stress fracture in his right foot, and he will have surgery next week.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Does this mean the wizards will sign Kurt Thomas to provide vet leadership like Barbosa?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1133 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:49 am

montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:

And why so many here were uninterested in trying to get Bynum.

It's all about health. A healthy Bynum is arguably the top center in the NBA - certainly the top in the East. But his track record in staying healthy has not been good. And they never won a whole lot with Iguodala. As good as Vucevic is offensively and on the boards, do you win with a center like him who can't defend? And who needs Harkless when you can sign Nick Young? :lol:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1134 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Wow, Cleveland goes back to Mr. Potato Head.

:nonono:

And laughable Charlotte cans a guy that was a head-scratching hire to begin with, and now they are supposedly looking for someone with "experience"...which is Alvin Gentry?

:crazy:
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1135 » by fishercob » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Not trying to troll our buddy Ruzious, but one has to wonder about the Bucks' future in Milwaukee.

They couldn't sell out a home playoff game against the Heat! There were reportedly huge chunks of empty seats in the upper bowl. On TV, it's conspicuous how few of the fans are in team colors. I am guessing some of that is due to their ugly uni's, but there's clearly a ton of fan apathy there. That doesn't bode well for their desire for a new downtown arena, and we all know where that discussion leads.

They have just woefully miscalculated the benefits of mediocrity, instead of deciding to get bad to give themselves a shot at getting good.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1136 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 pm

I think you're spot on, Fishercob, and it's a shame because they have some nice young pieces - even after throwing away Tobias Harris, and they didn't let Skiles run the show - which I think has led to the undisciplined gunners guards to think they can get away with anything. They've done a good job with the draft, but they have no high aspirations. A good front office could have molded that roster into a team with a bright future.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#1137 » by AFM » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Also Brandon Jennings is some trash.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1138 » by Nivek » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 pm

fishercob wrote:Not trying to troll our buddy Ruzious, but one has to wonder about the Bucks' future in Milwaukee.

They couldn't sell out a home playoff game against the Heat! There were reportedly huge chunks of empty seats in the upper bowl. On TV, it's conspicuous how few of the fans are in team colors. I am guessing some of that is due to their ugly uni's, but there's clearly a ton of fan apathy there. That doesn't bode well for their desire for a new downtown arena, and we all know where that discussion leads.

They have just woefully miscalculated the benefits of mediocrity, instead of deciding to get bad to give themselves a shot at getting good.

I pretty much expect to see more or less this same post on another team's message board after next season. Written about the Wizards.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1139 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Nivek wrote:
fishercob wrote:Not trying to troll our buddy Ruzious, but one has to wonder about the Bucks' future in Milwaukee.

I pretty much expect to see more or less this same post on another team's message board after next season. Written about the Wizards.

Washington's even worse - they strive to be like Milwaukee and can't even get there.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#1140 » by verbal8 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:28 pm

fishercob wrote: That doesn't bode well for their desire for a new downtown arena, and we all know where that discussion leads.

Seattle or Vegas?

Return to Washington Wizards