ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2

Moderators: pineappleheadindc, WizStorm, miller31time, LyricalRico, nate33

User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 32,957
And1: 944
Joined: Aug 04, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1111 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Orlando is tanking the right way. They're going to do the same thing Morey did in Houston this season. They have many talented players on rookie deals, along with much cap space, to enable the Magic to make great trades next season.
Klay Thompson just became my favorite NBA player.

Before the 37-point quarter, weeks back he shut down James Harden.
"God is good." Klay also thanked his father for recognizing his gift (shooting).
Humble, nice young man.
Ruzious
RealGM
Posts: 26,332
And1: 618
Joined: Jul 16, 2001

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1112 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:38 pm

willbcocks wrote:Terrible move by Milwaukee. They are even worse than us in gunning for the 8th seed. 25 games of Reddick and the right to pay him when they have Jenning and Ellis? And they didn't move Jennings or Ellis? Bucks fans are rightfully distraught.

Tobias Harris isn't getting minutes on that team, but he has some skills. It's very rare for guys like that to break out on a new team, but if a player is going to do it, I wouldn't be surprised if it is Harris.

Gotta wonder what their plan is after the season - or if they even have a plan. If Ellis opts out of his contract, they'll have 3 guards as free agents that are all trying to get contracts of 10 mil plus per year - and NONE of them are worth it.

I gotta wonder if they did this trade thinking that they had a deal set up with Atlanta to send Ellis there for Josh Smith. Either way, the effect is - they might win one game against Miami in the 1st round of the playoffs - if they're lucky. And they give up 2 young cheap players that could have helped them next season and for years to come.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
Posts: 15,301
And1: 249
Joined: Jul 11, 2003
Location: Game: Blouses.

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1113 » by I_Like_Dirt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Not that it necessarily helps them build a winner for next season, but the Bucks are in a position to just let all 3 of their guys walk and still have max cap space. I doubt they'll do it because they never rebuild, but they're in a prime position to strategically tank for one season with the aim being Wiggins or Parker and then turn things around really quickly. With Ilyasova playing better after a terrible start to the season, the only really bad contract they have is Gooden's at just under $7 million for the next two seasons.
Prepare to be RASHOWNED!
User avatar
MikeTheKid
Analyst
Posts: 3,358
And1: 323
Joined: Jan 24, 2012
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
         

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1114 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:18 pm

Josh Selby was just waived by the Cavs, I say sign him to a 10-Day it wouldn't hurt. His athleticism is rediculous

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... Josh-Selby
Image

All Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig
User avatar
AFM
Starter
Posts: 2,418
And1: 894
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1115 » by AFM » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:21 pm

Tought break for the kid. From #1 ranked HS PG to waived by the Cavs. What happened?
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,191
And1: 277
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1116 » by closg00 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:27 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:Josh Selby was just waived by the Cavs, I say sign him to a 10-Day it wouldn't hurt. His athleticism is rediculous

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... Josh-Selby


+1 Selby is a scorer, and we need scorers. Too-bad Ernie is too-lazy, he only makes moves if he has-to (injury etc)
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
rockymac52
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,796
And1: 63
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1117 » by rockymac52 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:33 pm

Come on now guys, no need to jump on Ernie for not signing a guy like Selby.

Selby is absolute garbage.

He was highly ranked coming out of high school, and wasn't even good in college at kU.

He's young, and it's easy to look at that ranking coming out of high school and think that he still has a lot of "potential," but the reality is he's just not good enough to play in the NBA.

I don't think it's fair to call him a scorer either, seeing as he can't get off the bench, and when he does, he has actually been terrible on offense. According to synergy, of the 458 NBA players that have seen game action this year, Selby ranks 453 in half court offense efficiency. 453/458!!! That's bad!!!

Selby will be a career D-Leaguer.
verbal8
Head Coach
Posts: 6,056
And1: 158
Joined: Jul 19, 2006
Location: Reston, VA
     

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1118 » by verbal8 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:34 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Especially since they were the "losers" of the Howard sweepstakes and the Lakers were double-winners in free agency. Moneyball at work. It'll be even more impressive if/when they land Josh Smith. Said it once, said it again - when that Rocket squad is clicking, they can take anyone in 7.


Is Josh Smith a "moneyball" player? He has things that the advanced stats would like. However his shot selection seems to make him less attractive especially for a high usage and high-priced acquisition.
Ruzious
RealGM
Posts: 26,332
And1: 618
Joined: Jul 16, 2001

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1119 » by Ruzious » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:38 pm

AFM wrote:Tought break for the kid. From #1 ranked HS PG to waived by the Cavs. What happened?

Sounds like being treated like a star way too soon by lots of parasites was the biggest problem. Kid is still just 21. Maybe a year in Europe would force him to work on much needed maturity and fundamentals - particularly how to play off the ball (from what little I've seen of him - he needs to learn that, since he's not a legit PG).
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 32,957
And1: 944
Joined: Aug 04, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1120 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:59 pm

rockymac52 wrote:Come on now guys, no need to jump on Ernie for not signing a guy like Selby.

Selby is absolute garbage.

He was highly ranked coming out of high school, and wasn't even good in college at kU.

He's young, and it's easy to look at that ranking coming out of high school and think that he still has a lot of "potential," but the reality is he's just not good enough to play in the NBA.

I don't think it's fair to call him a scorer either, seeing as he can't get off the bench, and when he does, he has actually been terrible on offense. According to synergy, of the 458 NBA players that have seen game action this year, Selby ranks 453 in half court offense efficiency. 453/458!!! That's bad!!!

Selby will be a career D-Leaguer.


Selby got outed and I do not believe what he said after the fact, not that it matters.
Klay Thompson just became my favorite NBA player.

Before the 37-point quarter, weeks back he shut down James Harden.
"God is good." Klay also thanked his father for recognizing his gift (shooting).
Humble, nice young man.
User avatar
rockymac52
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,796
And1: 63
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1121 » by rockymac52 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 5:36 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
rockymac52 wrote:Come on now guys, no need to jump on Ernie for not signing a guy like Selby.

Selby is absolute garbage.

He was highly ranked coming out of high school, and wasn't even good in college at kU.

He's young, and it's easy to look at that ranking coming out of high school and think that he still has a lot of "potential," but the reality is he's just not good enough to play in the NBA.

I don't think it's fair to call him a scorer either, seeing as he can't get off the bench, and when he does, he has actually been terrible on offense. According to synergy, of the 458 NBA players that have seen game action this year, Selby ranks 453 in half court offense efficiency. 453/458!!! That's bad!!!

Selby will be a career D-Leaguer.


Selby got outed and I do not believe what he said after the fact, not that it matters.


LOL. I typed something in very similar, but then I decided I didn't want to be the one to say it. So thank you for that :lol:
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 32,957
And1: 944
Joined: Aug 04, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1122 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:24 pm

I probably should not have. I don't think it is worthwhile to discuss other than to say Selby's few D-League games and this past summer league performances were similar to Lillard's and Waiters' best.

He hasn't played well in the NBA appearances he has made.
Klay Thompson just became my favorite NBA player.

Before the 37-point quarter, weeks back he shut down James Harden.
"God is good." Klay also thanked his father for recognizing his gift (shooting).
Humble, nice young man.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,191
And1: 277
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1123 » by closg00 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 8:36 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I probably should not have. I don't think it is worthwhile to discuss other than to say Selby's few D-League games and this past summer league performances were similar to Lillard's and Waiters' best.

He hasn't played well in the NBA appearances he has made.


Selby was seldom used as a 3rd-string PG, this season practically not at all.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/493 ... ?year=2012
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,191
And1: 277
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1124 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:32 am

The Bucks have won 4-straight post-trade. With Dalembert back and JJ part of their rotation, the Bucks are maintaining their lead over Philly comfortably.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
sfam
Analyst
Posts: 3,297
And1: 75
Joined: Aug 03, 2007

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1125 » by sfam » Wed Mar 6, 2013 12:12 pm

Looks like the Hawks are giving Shelvin Mack a try:

The Atlanta Hawks will sign Shelvin Mack.

Jeremy Tyler was waived by the Hawks on Wednesday to create a roster spot.

Mack played last season for the Washington Wizards, but was waived before the start of the season. After a stint in the D-League, Mack was re-signed by the Wizards in December and later signed two 10-day deals with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Mack has averaged 20.1 points, 7.5 assists and 4.3 rebounds in 40.3 minutes per game in the D-League this season.


I really liked Mack at Butler in the Tournament. I wish he had been decent on the Wizards, and wish him all the best at Atlanta.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,191
And1: 277
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1126 » by closg00 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 12:42 pm

....and Jeremy Tyler was waived, my first thought was that "he's gotta be better than Vesely "
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
fishercob
RealGM
Posts: 12,280
And1: 820
Joined: Apr 24, 2002
Location: Tenleytown, DC

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1127 » by fishercob » Thu Mar 7, 2013 11:28 am

The Sixers traded Iguodala, Vucevic and Moe Harkless for Andrew Bynum.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 39,702
And1: 1,672
Joined: Oct 27, 2002

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1128 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 7, 2013 11:52 am

fishercob wrote:The Sixers traded Iguodala, Vucevic and Moe Harkless for Andrew Bynum.

Wow. And I remember being befuddled as to why Orlando gave up Dwight and didn't even get Bynum back in the transaction. Now I see why.
montestewart
General Manager
Posts: 8,179
And1: 1,082
Joined: Feb 24, 2009

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1129 » by montestewart » Thu Mar 7, 2013 1:43 pm

nate33 wrote:
fishercob wrote:The Sixers traded Iguodala, Vucevic and Moe Harkless for Andrew Bynum.

Wow. And I remember being befuddled as to why Orlando gave up Dwight and didn't even get Bynum back in the transaction. Now I see why.

And why so many here were uninterested in trying to get Bynum.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,191
And1: 277
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1130 » by closg00 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:24 pm

The Dallas Mavericks are planning on signing Chris Wright from the Iowa Energy.

Wright, a point guard out of Georgetown, is averaging 15.5 points, 7.0 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game with the Energy.

Wright will replace the recently waived Dominique Jones on the roster.


1. I wonder if CW is better than Price...or JW?

2. Cuban paid $3 mil to get Jones, was it just a tax write-off that year? Cuban gambles big I guess.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.

Return to Washington Wizards


Users browsing this forum: No registered users