yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

What size television do you own to watch your sports on?

Moderators: pineappleheadindc, WizStorm, nate33, miller31time, LyricalRico

Post#16 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 pm by JWizmentality

60" Mitsubishi 1080p 3D DLP
Got it for $770 labor day sale from Mitsubishi online.
JWizmentality


General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,667
And1: 515
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
Top

Post#17 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 pm by long suffrin' boulez fan

It's the motion of the ocean that matters.
Stop peddling lies, Ted
long suffrin' boulez fan





Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,343
And1: 142
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: In EG's alternate realty
Top

Post#18 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 pm by montestewart

JWizmentality wrote:60" Mitsubishi 1080p 3D DLP
Got it for $770 labor day sale from Mitsubishi online.

These screens are trending progressively larger. Who's gonna top 60"?
montestewart
Head Coach
Posts: 7,388
And1: 647
Joined: Feb 24, 2009
Top

Post#19 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 pm by Little Digger

dandridge 10 wrote:55" Samsung 8500 LCD. Was rated as the best HDTV by cnet 2 years ago and the picture is incredible. Unfortunately, I had to replace the panel after 3 weeks of owning it (covered under warranty) and now have to replace the motherboard because it is turning off by itself (not covered under warranty). .
All you have to do is take the back panel off and re-adjust the lever so it doesnt automatically switch the TV off.

My samsung did the same thing , I didnt use it for a whole year before I googled the problem and found the easy solution.

If I can do it, I guarantee anybody can .
Little Digger

Starter
Posts: 2,383
And1: 357
Joined: Aug 1, 2010
Top

Post#20 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:55 pm by doclinkin

MacBook Pro I lifted from some hipster kid who walked away from his table at Starbucks in Georgetown.
doclinkin
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,214
And1: 285
Joined: Jul 25, 2004
Location: .wizuds.
Top

Post#21 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:24 am by pancakes3

I personally can't tie 60 (40 for me) but i watch a majority of my sports on my friends' 60 3D-HDTV. It's gaudy... ungodly... REAL... AND SPECTACULAR.
Bullets -> Wizards
pancakes3
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,964
And1: 186
Joined: Jul 26, 2003
Location: Virginia
Top

Post#22 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:41 am by Zonkerbl

If you're getting a hi-def tv, I personally don't see the point in getting anything smaller than 50. Mine's hooked up to my dj'ing stereo and sub-woofer, so it feels like my tv is just barely big enough to keep up when I'm watching movies.

Hockey and baseball are 100 times more interesting on a 50" hi def tv, that's for sure. For hockey you can actually see the puck, and for baseball it feels like you're right there in the stadium.
Zonkerbl




Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 3,287
And1: 139
Joined: Mar 24, 2010
Top

Post#23 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 am by Wizards2Lottery

A 42 inch Toshiba HDTV I got at Best Buy 4 years ago.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,303
And1: 3
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
Location: All aboard the TANK
Top

Post#24 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 am by Ruzious

76 inch flat screen that shrinks to the size of a cell phone. I carry it with me in case we get hit by a derecho.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
Posts: 25,431
And1: 422
Joined: Jul 16, 2001
Top

Post#25 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:37 am by MJG

Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:
fishercob wrote:I got mine at Panera and paid a million dollars. It covers an entire wall of my condo.


Really?

Panera sells electronics?

You know whats ironic about Panera, Condos, CVS, Starbucks and the rest of the current overpriced stores who pay inflated rents?

They replaced lots of independent stores and shops all over this city some of which used to sell televisions and other related electronics.

Agreed, it's a crying shame. Personally, I watch on this nice little artisan set that I got hand-crafted by a local televisionsmith. I had to pay a bit more for it, but it was worth it to support local business.
MJG
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,317
And1: 50
Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Top

Post#26 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 am by TheKingOfVa360

Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:What size television do you own?
What kind of television do you have?
Where did you buy it online or at a retail store?



42 inch
Vizio LCD 1080p
From Wal Mart
TheKingOfVa360





Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,175
And1: 378
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Va DC Metro
Top

Post#27 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:57 am by cwb3

32" Silvania LCD 720p HDTV.
Bought at Best Buy.
It is decent, would like to get a larger 1080p at some point soon.
montestewart wrote:Players really should wait until they're rookie coaches to become GMs.
cwb3
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,109
And1: 17
Joined: Dec 6, 2004
Top

Post#28 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am by Wizardspride

What size television do you own? 55"




What kind of television do you have? Panasonic TC-P55ST50 3D 1080P Plasma HDTV




Where did you buy it online or at a retail store? Online (Eastcoasttvs.com)
Wizardspride




Analyst
Posts: 3,692
And1: 109
Joined: Nov 4, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
Top

Post#29 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 am by DMVleGeND

Image
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DMVleGeND


Sixth Man
Posts: 1,569
And1: 60
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
Location: PG County, MD
Top

Post#30 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 am by Wes_Tiny_Abe_

OffTheWall2 wrote:
nate33 wrote:Does anybody know of a way to record a live stream and then watch it later?


I used to do this with a program called Camtasia Studio http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia

Oh.. and for TV this season I'll be using an Optoma HD20 with an Elite Screens 106" manual pull down screen.

Just moved to a new place with a basement and finally had the room I've been waiting for to put up a screen like this.


106" screen?
Thats it?

The HD Optomas can project much much larger than that.
I have owned a few HD Optomas over the past few years mostly for video gaming purposes.

The last time me and my nerd friends set one up outside we were projecting our games 16-17 feet high. We wanted it to be larger but we ran out of room. :(
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Wes_Tiny_Abe_
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,601
And1: 12
Joined: Dec 28, 2006
Location: DC/MD/VA Native
Top

Post#31 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 am by dandridge 10

Little Digger wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote:55" Samsung 8500 LCD. Was rated as the best HDTV by cnet 2 years ago and the picture is incredible. Unfortunately, I had to replace the panel after 3 weeks of owning it (covered under warranty) and now have to replace the motherboard because it is turning off by itself (not covered under warranty). .
All you have to do is take the back panel off and re-adjust the lever so it doesnt automatically switch the TV off.

My samsung did the same thing , I didnt use it for a whole year before I googled the problem and found the easy solution.

If I can do it, I guarantee anybody can .


Unfortuantely, the TV is not just turning off by itself. It is losing signal while still on, and flashing menus when none of the buttons on the remote are pushed. It is like a ghost is controlling it.
dandridge 10
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,186
And1: 170
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
Top

Post#32 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:54 am by Wes_Tiny_Abe_

doclinkin wrote:MacBook Pro I lifted from some hipster kid who walked away from his table at Starbucks in Georgetown.


That was you in the yup's video that he posted online to try and get it back? :bowdown:

Due to their lack of street smarts, on a daily basis there are numerous opportunities to victimize those flip flop and sandal people but I just cant bring myself to do it.

I dont know why.
I guess it must be my private Catholic school upbringing.
Maybe it is because when I look at those people I see a lot of myself in them.

Yeah I know. I am a pussy. :(
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Wes_Tiny_Abe_
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,601
And1: 12
Joined: Dec 28, 2006
Location: DC/MD/VA Native
Top

Post#33 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 pm by Wes_Tiny_Abe_

MJG wrote:
Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:
fishercob wrote:I got mine at Panera and paid a million dollars. It covers an entire wall of my condo.


Really?

Panera sells electronics?

You know whats ironic about Panera, Condos, CVS, Starbucks and the rest of the current overpriced stores who pay inflated rents?

They replaced lots of independent stores and shops all over this city some of which used to sell televisions and other related electronics.

Agreed, it's a crying shame. Personally, I watch on this nice little artisan set that I got hand-crafted by a local televisionsmith. I had to pay a bit more for it, but it was worth it to support local business.


Well good for you. :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Wes_Tiny_Abe_
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,601
And1: 12
Joined: Dec 28, 2006
Location: DC/MD/VA Native
Top

Post#34 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 pm by OffTheWall2

Wes_Tiny_Abe_ wrote:
OffTheWall2 wrote:
nate33 wrote:Does anybody know of a way to record a live stream and then watch it later?


I used to do this with a program called Camtasia Studio http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia

Oh.. and for TV this season I'll be using an Optoma HD20 with an Elite Screens 106" manual pull down screen.

Just moved to a new place with a basement and finally had the room I've been waiting for to put up a screen like this.


106" screen?
Thats it?

The HD Optomas can project much much larger than that.
I have owned a few HD Optomas over the past few years mostly for video gaming purposes.

The last time me and my nerd friends set one up outside we were projecting our games 16-17 feet high. We wanted it to be larger but we ran out of room. :(


Yeah, the 106" is all I can fit on my wall in my current setup, but yes they can definitely project a larger image.
Image
OffTheWall2
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 370
And1: 46
Joined: Mar 27, 2012
Location: DmV
Top

Post#35 Re: What size television do you own to watch
Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:06 pm by fugop

nate33 wrote:I have a TV tuner on my PVR, which is networked to all the computers and TV's in my house. Unfortunately, I'm too cheap to purchase the NBA package so I can't record the games and watch them on delay. I usually tune in and watch a live stream on atdhe or someplace like that.

Does anybody know of a way to record a live stream and then watch it later?


If you use a Windows computer and are comfortable adding hardware, a Hauppage Colossus should work fairly well. It's a ~$130 piece of hardware, though, so probably wouldn't make sense.
fugop
Veteran
Posts: 2,743
And1: 8
Joined: Aug 9, 2004
Top

Next

Return to Washington Wizards


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nuposse04, pancakes3, stevemcqueen1