ImageImageImageImageImage

Wall out 8 weeks with injury to patella

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Re: Wall out 8 weeks with injury to patella 

Post#341 » by Mickstix » Sat Dec 8, 2012 4:53 am

Earth2Ted wrote:BTW, what exactly is the deal with Ovechkin's knee injuries over the years- he's clearly had some Gilbert Arenas severity career altering injuries that - let's be real here- have left him a shadow of his former MVP self.

Actually, Ovi's had zero "career altering" injuries in his NHL career.. You ever hear the phrase "Russian machine don't break"?? It came about from Ovechkin's durability.. His #'s are declining (imo) due to his lack of adaptation to being constantly double teamed, teams figuring out his 1 move, along with his line mates (namely his right winger) being less than top line quality.. Not to mention he's not his 21 year old self anymore and has put on 20lbs over the years..

Sorry for the hockey speak. but he asked.. ;)
Mick
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#342 » by DMVleGeND » Sat Dec 8, 2012 12:47 pm

queridiculo wrote:Would be just like the Wizards to mention a time table of 8 weeks, when the doctors initially said 8 to 12 weeks. Had to make sure those season ticket sold huh Teddie?

This is just like a situation when something bad happens, and you don't tell your parents immediately because you're scared for what they're going to do, even though i would be better served to tell them. Only the Wizards!
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,215

Post#343 » by MikeTheKid » Sat Dec 8, 2012 3:19 pm

They should just announce that Wall is out for the season and be done with it. Im sick of the lies and the BS. Sit Wall, heal him and don't even bring him on team trips anymore. If its a stress fracture, have the surgery and be done and stop shoe stringing this situation. If hes the franchise dont give a time table to save ticket sales heal him. That's why we draft talented prospects to carry the load but wait its EG............ahhhh thats another story.
noworriesinmd
Junior
And1: 69

Post#344 » by noworriesinmd » Sun Dec 9, 2012 3:11 am

He's out for at least a month. The Wiz are doing the responsible thing, bringing him back slowly. I'm pretending as if he's not coming back this season....if he does...great...otherwise he'll be ready with a semi-healthy Nene next season.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#345 » by DMVleGeND » Sun Dec 9, 2012 10:12 am

At least John is having fun on his time off...

At Ker Hilson's b-day party.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#346 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 pm

The Wizards are looking for yet another backup PG. If Wall was coming back soon, there would be no need to do so. Wall won't be back for a while. Ted scammed the season ticket holders yet again.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#347 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:09 pm

DMVleGeND wrote:At least John is having fun on his time off...

At Ker Hilson's b-day party.

Anybody else have X-ray eyes? In the first picture, I see something. :lol:
Bye bye Beal.
Floater
Junior
And1: 43

Post#348 » by Floater » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 pm

He is still, "weeks," away from practicing and getting out on the floor. I'm almost positive we don't see him until the 2013-2014 season
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#349 » by Mickstix » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 am

As soon as I saw the replay of RGIII yesterday, I thought about Walls injury.. Makes you wonder about how honest their being about Wall, after seeing what Roberts leg did, and thinking he's "day to day", but Walls out for months for a supposed "preventative" measure? Something starting to smell fishy, imo... (Granted Im no doctor, just seems awful odd, the legth of time he's been out)
Mick
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#350 » by Jimmy Recard » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:46 am

Won't be back until early to mid January by the looks of it.

So frustrating.
OffTheWall2
Junior
And1: 116

Post#351 » by OffTheWall2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:36 pm

I don't expect to see him on the floor before March.

Really tho, aside from ticket sales - what does the team have to gain by bringing him back anytime soon anyhow?
wasfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#352 » by wasfan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm

i just hope john wall's not getting the andrew bynum disease...
blazinskillz
Junior
And1: 20

Post#353 » by blazinskillz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:54 pm

OffTheWall2 wrote:I don't expect to see him on the floor before March.

Really tho, aside from ticket sales - what does the team have to gain by bringing him back anytime soon anyhow?

Yeah unless the wizards wins 40% of their games thru Mid Jan, I wouldnt bring him back.
RealGM

Post#354 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 pm

I would bring him back 10-15 games before the trade deadline and PRAY he balls his butt off and doesn't get hurt.

Right before the deadline I would TRADE WALL with the quickness for as much as I could get, if the offer included multiple first round picks and one young player.
Bye bye Beal.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#355 » by Illuminaire » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Eh. The trade just to trade thing smacks of impatience. It's impulsive.

I'd take trade offers, and if I was blown away... sure. There are packages I'd take for Wall. But there is no way I'd got into the trade deadline thinking "I'm trading John Wall, and I'm taking the best deal available." That kind of myopic decision making is how we got Miller/Foye and OkaRiza.
RealGM

Post#356 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:53 pm

It is not a new idea for me and it has everything to do with this injury combined with John Wall being a horrific shooter, and nowhere near a franchise star the last I saw him play.

Is Wall the same kind of star in basketball that Robert Griffin III is in football? No.

If you told me today I could trade John Wall and get C. J. McCollum and Michael Carter Williams, plus a future pick I would do the deal without hesitation.

Right now, I would evaluate McCollum as a better prospect the John Wall.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/C.J.-McCollum-5860/

Playing in relative obscurity to the basketball viewing public in the Patriot League, junior guard C.J. McCollum was introduced to the national audience with an incredible 30 point, 6 rebound, 6 assist showing as Lehigh upset 2nd seeded Duke in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

It wasn't McCollum's first appearance in the national spotlight, as the Mountain Hawks played Kansas tough the first round of the NCAA tournament during McCollum's freshman season, a season that saw him lead all freshman in scoring at 19.1 points per game.

With his overall offensive ability and his excellent work ethic, it's hard to believe McCollum won't at least get the chance to prove he belongs if he decides to enter the draft this year. The success of smaller school players like Jeremy Lin and Stephen Curry—who he very much resembles—should work in his favor, and he's more than talented enough to do the rest, if given the opportunity

I would also draft Micheal Carter-Williams, who seems like a transcendent talent so far.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... leads.html

Carter-Williams, Syracuse’s sophomore point guard, racked up 16 assists, 15 points, five steals and four blocks. He committed just three turnovers.

“He’s tough in practice,’’ Gbinije said, “but just sitting on the bench as a spectator, even though I should be studying the game, I end up just spectating and watching him. I honestly think he’s one of the best point guards in the country right now.’’

Carter-Williams’ 16 assists are the third-highest total in Syracuse history. Sherman Douglas set an NCAA record with 22 assists against Providence in 1989. Pearl Washington doled out 18 assists against St. John’s in 1984. He leads the nation in assists with 10.3 per game. In Syracuse’s last three games, Carter-Williams has dished out 11, 10 and 16 assists.

“He was good and everybody made the shots when he passed it tonight,’’ Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said of Carter-Williams. “He’s been making those passes. He could’ve had 16 two or three times, I thought, but we didn’t make them. Tonight, they made them.’’

Carter-Williams’ 16-assist, 15-point night marked his third consecutive point/assist double-double and his fourth double-double overall. He’s had 10 or more assists in five of Syracuse’s eight games this season. All this for a guy who spent his freshman season as the fourth guard in a backcourt rotation of Scoop Jardine, Dion Waiters and Triche.

But Trevor Cooney, who came to SU in the same recruiting class with Carter-Williams, said he’s seen this coming.

“Yeah, I saw this in AAU when we were both getting recruited,’’ Cooney said. “Just watching his game, he just controls it. That’s what he’s really good at. He’s a great point guard. He’s just taking control of this whole entire team. That’s what point guards are supposed to do. That’s what he’s doing.’’

I would trade Wall for either of those guys and a pick that turns out to be someone like Poythress or Tony Mitchell or Lebryan Nash. I wold also select a great big man with the top pick, hopefully Cody Zeller or Alex Len.

I would not hesitate to move Wall if enough blue chip talent were offered in return.
Bye bye Beal.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#357 » by DCZards » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:06 pm

I'd have no problem trading Wall for a "proven" NBA talent and a high draft pick, but I'd be against trading him for a "chance" to draft so-called "blue-chip" college talent that could turn out to be run-of-the-mill players at the pro level.

Truth is, I'd prefer to keep Wall. I believe he's just scratched the surface of his potential.
RealGM

Post#358 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Perhaps. Or perhaps his knee explodes and he never gets a jump shot. He's had two seasons, not one to show hate he is made of. Last season he made 3 threes the entire season.

C. J. McCollum, along with Erick Green are putting up 25 ppg in the NCAAs. Carter Williams is dropping dimes and grabbing steals like a young Jason Kidd. I will take my chances on them plus whomever projects to be a stud wing, as well as the Wizards own lottery pick.

DCZ, you want a veteran? I would trade Wall for Brandon Knight and two picks. If I came away with Knight, McCollum, Doug McDermott (with the Wizards own second round pick), and a future first I would be ecstatic. In the lottery they could add Alex Len. Drop Barron and Webster, Martin, or Price and this team would be set.
Bye bye Beal.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#359 » by Illuminaire » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 pm

CCJ, I remain perplexed by your definition of blue-chip talent. Carter scores inefficiently. For comparison sake, Wall was better from 2-pt range, 3-pt range, and shot about the same from the FT line (while getting there twice as often). Yeah, he does some things very well. He also does some things quite poorly... I don't see "transcendental" in his game at all.

The grass ain't always greener, bro. Sometimes it's just more grass.
RealGM

Post#360 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Illuminaire wrote:CCJ, I remain perplexed by your definition of blue-chip talent. Carter scores inefficiently. For comparison sake, Wall was better from 2-pt range, 3-pt range, and shot about the same from the FT line (while getting there twice as often). Yeah, he does some things very well. He also does some things quite poorly... I don't see "transcendental" in his game at all.

The grass ain't always greener, bro. Sometimes it's just more grass.

It's not Wall for Carter-Williams, though I believe a guy like Carter-Williams might come in the league a better floor general than Wall. The guy seems like he can really get after it on the defensive end, too. I never would trade Wall for him or McCollum one-for-one, even though I can see either guy being more of a winner than John.

I have not been a huge Wall fan ever. He is extremely overrated. When I suggested trading Wall for the rights to Kyrie Irving and a later pick, people thought I was crazy. I respect Dat's knowledge of the draft more than anyone else. He couldn't get past Wall's athletic gifts. I say the other guy is a real good shooter, a natural leader, and a very sharp young man. Some people are a quick study and he is one. John is not. (OTOH Irving's durability and his turnovers are both cause for concern.) I look at players' leadership and whether they can make others better. I have to watch MCW more but i"m sold on McCollum.

I have also seen enough of John Wall to know he's really, really fast in transition. He's also not a great PG, YET. His form on the jumper looks improved but I'm alarmed about his knee injury. How many other young PGs have had a knee concern this early in their career? I would get him back, let him put up some numbers and be very willing to sell on John Wall while I could.

Maybe I am wrong this time, but I haven't been about Gil or Nene. Nothing about John Wall's past leads me to believe he is going to live up to the hype.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards