ImageImageImageImageImage

Wall out 8 weeks with injury to patella

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Re: Wall out 8 weeks with injury to patella 

Post#581 » by Dark Faze » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:19 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:his handles still look horrible and he could have perfected it in his off time. He is not a half court player and doesn't have the aptitude to understand how to improve his weakness. Temple has better handles than wall. I would trade wall if we could get equal value.
He is scorer with the handles of a shooting guard and he plays reckless so his knee is only going to get worse. I just don't see the bbiq and dedication to improving his handle and or he just doesn't know how which is a red flag in it self about his bbiq.

Wall knows the difference between street ball handles and nba handles. He said he was working on it in the off-season.

There's no equal value for Wall at this point other than a star player. Especially when it comes to matching contracts.

People are too hard on Wall. His first season was great and he took the league by storm. He fell of after the break a bit due to injury. Most people are down on him because of his sophmore season...which was a lockout year. Let the guy get a chance to show you something in year 3 where most players blossom.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#582 » by Illuminaire » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Wall has suffered from the fact that he was billed as a franchise-changing player, a true superstar. To date, he has not been that player - but he has still been good. Overall he's been an average starting PG right out the gate, and that's without a functioning jump shot. If he was the 3rd pick like Beal, I think we'd be very happy with his production.

The injury woes worry me more than his play. Especially on this team... we never get knee injuries right.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#583 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Illuminaire wrote:we never get knee injuries right.

As opposed to the other injuries that our med staff just hits out of the park?
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#584 » by DCZards » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Illuminaire wrote:Wall has suffered from the fact that he was billed as a franchise-changing player, a true superstar. To date, he has not been that player - but he has still been good. Overall he's been an average starting PG right out the gate, and that's without a functioning jump shot. If he was the 3rd pick like Beal, I think we'd be very happy with his production.

The injury woes worry me more than his play. Especially on this team... we never get knee injuries right.

Agreed. Not only was Wall billed as a franchise-changer, he was also the "face of the franchise" from Day One. That can be a little overwhelming for a kid one year removed from high school. Yes, Wall's shooting needs drastic improvement, but overall I've been pleased with what he has done as a ball distributor (on a team with lousy shooters). And I love Wall's size and physical abilities, which makes me believe he can be an outstanding defender if he wants to be.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#585 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Dark Faze wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:his handles still look horrible and he could have perfected it in his off time. He is not a half court player and doesn't have the aptitude to understand how to improve his weakness. Temple has better handles than wall. I would trade wall if we could get equal value.
He is scorer with the handles of a shooting guard and he plays reckless so his knee is only going to get worse. I just don't see the bbiq and dedication to improving his handle and or he just doesn't know how which is a red flag in it self about his bbiq.

Wall knows the difference between street ball handles and nba handles. He said he was working on it in the off-season.

There's no equal value for Wall at this point other than a star player. Especially when it comes to matching contracts.

People are too hard on Wall. His first season was great and he took the league by storm. He fell of after the break a bit due to injury. Most people are down on him because of his sophmore season...which was a lockout year. Let the guy get a chance to show you something in year 3 where most players blossom.

I agree, people on this board are way too hard on Wall. Kid was amazing his rookie year and has the potential to be franchise player. Give him time to break out, it takes most players 3 or 4 seasons.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#586 » by Halcyon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:35 pm

I expect he'll play 15-20 min at most this game. I think they'll bring him back slowly, like they did with Nene.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#587 » by Knighthonor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:29 am

Halcyon wrote:I expect he'll play 15-20 min at most this game. I think they'll bring him back slowly, like they did with Nene.

Yeah and he will play well during those 20 mins.

Return to Washington Wizards