The "CCJ was right again (except about Sessions)" thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,623

Re: The "CCJ was right again (except about Sessions)" thread 

Post#61 » by pancakes3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 am

Knighthonor wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:de facto draft thread? i don't like wiggins at all after reading the wiretap article about him.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... Top_Player

Who gives a crap about what people write about him? He has skills to win. That's far more important for a team like the wizards who are at the bottom of the NBA chart.

a) Did you read the link? It's only about 100 words.
b) What NBA skills does he have?
Bullets -> Wizards
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#62 » by Knighthonor » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:32 am

Hey is Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins in the draft after the next, or in the next?

What about Shabazz and Noel?

Between the four which would you all pick?

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/andrew-wi ... ari-parker
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#63 » by Knighthonor » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 am

pancakes3 wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:de facto draft thread? i don't like wiggins at all after reading the wiretap article about him.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... Top_Player

Who gives a crap about what people write about him? He has skills to win. That's far more important for a team like the wizards who are at the bottom of the NBA chart.

a) Did you read the link? It's only about 100 words.
b) What NBA skills does he have?

You have lost your damn mind. Lol
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recru ... -1-recruit
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,623

Post#64 » by pancakes3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Knighthonor, you're being awfully condescending for not knowing who's in the upcoming draft.

Shabazz and Noel will be, as will Zeller and McAdoo, in the upcoming draft. Wiggins and Parker aren't in college this year - they're high school seniors - as both your link and my link both indicate, and will need to finish HS, and then a year of college before being draft-eligible. Also keep your eye out for wonder-twins Aaron and Andrew Harrison - both committing to Kentucky in the 2014 draft.

I acknowledge that Wiggins is supremely talented but to say he's got legit NBA skills is jumping the gun a bit, especially for a HS senior. What skills? Scoring? Rebounding? How do we know he's not just cruising by on athleticism alone and when he matches up against bigger, stronger players he doesn't fold? The link I referenced has his own coach questioning his work ethic at a high school level. He self-proclaims that his practice goal is to break down whoever's in front of him and score at all costs. That's a terrible attitude to have. He should be focusing on intensity, defense, post moves, WINNING, executing the right plays, helping his teammates get better, etc. It just shows a sign if immaturity that doesn't bode well for the future.

I was just saying that given the article, plus the fact that he's canadian, I'd stay away from drafting him especially considering the he replaced as #1 - Jabari Parker - doesn't have any of these work ethic allegations attached to him.
Bullets -> Wizards
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#65 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:03 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
??? wrote:
I think [the Lakers] should try three guards. Sit Metta World Peace in favor of a third guard. Kobe can cover SFs on the perimeter and Howard won't let SFs post up. What they need to figure out is how to stop speedy PGs from getting around Nash.

If I were in Kupchak's position I would evaluate the risk of adding Delonte West. ā€¦

Yeah, I'd look at Delonte if I were Mitch.

Gasol is going to have a resurgent season if they have the Princeton. Kobe will be Kobe and put up 24 PPG.. Howard will get 20 and 10 easily... but Nash is lost in the shuffle. Sure, Nash can spot up and drain threes and get layups off cuts... but thats not his game and totally out of his element.

I thought the Lakers offense once they got Ramon Sessions (before the postseason of course) ran a lot better, they got in transition with Sessions and were getting easy buckets even with Kobe's chucking. They just didn't have shooters (they have more this year). ...

Ramon Sessions? Where have I heard that name? :)

Now, dangermouse, if only the Charlotte Bobcats can avoid looking like total crap. :oops:
Bye bye Beal.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#66 » by Illuminaire » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Good luck with that, CCJ. I think the Bobcats will look like that even IF Sessions is everything you ever hoped he could be. :P
RealGM

Post#67 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:34 pm

Illuminaire, I'll go balls out on what looks to be a terrible predictionā€¦

I won't be surprised if the Bobcats win their opening game, or if they end up with a better record than the Wizards.

Why not stick with my first impression? I thought the Lakers were going have the same things they had problems with last night. My first thought is the Bobcats are going to be way better than people can imagine. They can win 30 games. I thought MKG would be a star (looks WRONG right now) and they may be mid 30s and playoff possible. (That very likely WON'T HAPPEN).

We'll see.
Bye bye Beal.
Illuminaire
Veteran

Post#68 » by Illuminaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 1:17 am

No one can ever say that CCJ doesn't stick to his guns. ^_^
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#69 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:31 pm

Illuminaire wrote:No one can ever say that CCJ doesn't stick to his guns. ^_^

Assuming he remembers them lol.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
RealGM

Post#70 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:37 pm

True, tontoz.

It seems the more calls I get from my sons teachers regarding missed homework, the more I forget. He seems to regard schoolwork as less important than knowing EVERYTHING about football. Can't tell him anything, either. He's 12 and thinks he knows more than I do. He does, too, about a few things but that's besides the point. Kid needs to get his, know what I mean ā€¦ Anybody else have to ride shotgun over their kids to make them do homework?

I have way too much on my mind these days. King Kamehameha at the battle of Nu'uanu ... eukaryotic cells ā€¦ order of operations explained to a 7th grader...

If I had had to depend on my parents for help in school I would probably be cleaning toilets today and a 9th grade dropout. Times have changed. Old school parents just said you better go to school, and that was the end of it. :)
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#71 » by montestewart » Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:45 pm

tontoz wrote:

Leave them at home CCJ. Apparently, there's a snitch at Verizon Center.
RealGM

Post#72 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:48 pm

If there really is a snitch tell the billionaire he could just pay me and get a lot better results. My kid could use a tutor, know what I mean? Hey, I gave the ex a house and am stuck with legal fees. I don't know much about some things but I damn sure know something that would help Ted.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#73 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:52 pm

montestewart wrote:
tontoz wrote:

Leave them at home CCJ. Apparently, there's a snitch at Verizon Center.

Oh, monte, I knew there was a snitch, day one.

All my man Gil had to do was get dumb, like Zach Randolph or get smart, like Javaris before he finally did do something crazy dumb. What guns? That was all my man had to say because they didn't have serial numbers or they wouldn't have asked for the guns back from NOVA. I doubt they had smart phones or videotaped the alleged weapons. Lost guns was what should have happened. Gold plated what? I cannot recall. The LAST THING he should have done was cooperate with David Stern or answer ANYTHING without a lawyer present. He never, ever, ever should have brought the guns back. That he did shows me Gilbert was no criminal or even a bad guy. A person who was looking out for his best interest would have advised if Gil MIGHT HAVE committed a felony he should get legal counsel and be quiet ASAP. No brainer.

If I were in Flip's shoes I would have told which ever guy didn't pay up to stop being a welching B. Be a good teammate and hug it out. I don't blame Gil for getting an obviously crazy dude off of him. I understand it, fully. Crittenton was just out of control on principle. The whole thing was stupid, but that stupidity should have remained behind closed doors.

Snitch, indeed, monte.
Bye bye Beal.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,666

Post#74 » by penbeast0 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 3:26 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:True, tontoz.

It seems the more calls I get from my sons teachers regarding missed homework, the more I forget. He seems to regard schoolwork as less important than knowing EVERYTHING about football. Can't tell him anything, either. He's 12 and thinks he knows more than I do. He does, too, about a few things but that's besides the point. Kid needs to get his, know what I mean ā€¦ Anybody else have to ride shotgun over their kids to make them do homework?

I have way too much on my mind these days. King Kamehameha at the battle of Nu'uanu from eukaryotic cells ā€¦

If I had had to depend on my parents for help in school I would probably be cleaning toilets today and a 9th grade dropout. Times have changed. Old school parents just said you better go to school, and that was the end of it. :)

That may have been your generation, I remember my Dad was more along the lines of "You damn well better not bring anything home below a B if you want to sit comfortable for the next week or so" (although I can remember getting consistent Cs in handwriting which he didn't care about . . . and 1 D in Pre-Calc which he certainly did).
ā€œMost people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,ā€ Andrew Lang.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#75 » by BruceO » Fri Nov 2, 2012 8:23 am

speaking of monitoring people to do their homework, blatche and gil messed up bad once they had no agents representing them, unnecessary snitching that didn't benefit the team happened thereafter. reminds me of some dude once trying to tell my gf that i ogle women, thought that was a b**ch move, bro code non existance. as far as wiggins, he has athleticism, size and aggresion to be good. but thats in two years and we'll be mediocre by then. question, do you think functionally there's a major drop off between wall and lilliard. we would win more with which guy?
RealGM

Post#76 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 2, 2012 10:05 am

Yeah, it was a b**ch move. I had a friend who was dating a girl named Tanya, another named Sonja, and still another named Mona at the same time. All three were finer than my GF. I didn't hate on him and never let on if I knew where he was when his main GF asked.

Taking the bro code even further, more than a couple times I didn't engage when a buddy's girl wanted to get friendly. I'm not down with OPP. I just didn't roll that way when that was in play as I was a young guy. Too many other girls out there. Even further, I didn't try to mess with my old GFs roommate who was quite stunning. Now that one, I might play differently if I had a do over. :)
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#77 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 3, 2012 1:34 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Illuminaire, I'll go balls out on what looks to be a terrible predictionā€¦

I won't be surprised if the Bobcats win their opening game, or if they end up with a better record than the Wizards.

Why not stick with my first impression? I thought the Lakers were going have the same things they had problems with last night. My first thought is the Bobcats are going to be way better than people can imagine. They can win 30 games. I thought MKG would be a star (looks WRONG right now) and they may be mid 30s and playoff possible. (That very likely WON'T HAPPEN).

We'll see.

:nod:
Bye bye Beal.
Illuminaire
Veteran

Post#78 » by Illuminaire » Sat Nov 3, 2012 2:31 am

Hey, hats off to Charlotte. They shot a smoking 36.5% from the field and held their opponents below 60% from the free throw line. Add in how they were only out-rebounded by eleven in a one point win, and the Bobcats looked downright dominant.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#79 » by montestewart » Sat Nov 3, 2012 2:39 am

Illuminaire wrote:Hey, hats off to Charlotte. They shot a smoking 36.5% from the field and held their opponents below 60% from the free throw line. Add in how they were only out-rebounded by eleven in a one point win, and the Bobcats looked downright dominant.

Haywood led the team with +14 on/off. That's why they call him "The Impactinator" (or maybe I just imagined that nickname), anyway, good to see Haywood's still contributing
RealGM

Post#80 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 3, 2012 2:54 am

People can stop laughing at MJ. He's done better than Ted Leonsis in his selection of GM. He's got a great new coach and a bunch of guys who WILL turn things in the right direction.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bobcats-sn ... --nba.html

The Bobcats, playing with a newfound aggressiveness on defense under Dunlap - they forced 19 turnovers - started the year strong against a Pacers team that won 19 of 33 road games last season.

''They look like a different team out there,'' said guard D.J. Augustin, who joined the Pacers this offseason as a free agent after four seasons with the Bobcats.

''They came at us with a full court trap and it kind of threw us off our game. They were very intense.''

Dunlap has been preaching defense throughout the preseason and hammering his players with 3- to 4-hour practice sessions to build their conditioning.

It seemed to pay off.

Gerald Henderson added 18 points for the Bobcats and Ramon Sessions chipped in 11 points, including a big 3-pointer early in the fourth quarter.

I say a lot things that people challenge.

I said the Bobcats would be much better defensively. Indiana had 19 assists and 17 turnovers. They have a max contract Hibbert, along with David West, Paul George, and George Hill but were held to .398 FG. Charlotte blocked 10 shots. Indiana had 0 blocks. Defense is much better. I also said Sessions would help them. He led in assists, and the Bobcats had 18 assists to 10 turnovers. Illuminaire, Haywood is only part of what is going right in CHA.

The Bobcats have a much better coach plus MKG and Haywood added to the same guys from last year. Most people read the name Charlotte and react to that. This is not the same team at all. Walker dropped 30 and is back in alpha male role like he was at U Conn. MKG is only going to get better. Gerald Henderson now has help. That team is much, much better--as I predicted.

I wish I followed my instincts when I saw the Vegas line prediction of 21 wins for CHA and figured out how to place a wager the Bobcats would win more.

I am also very confident Sessions will be credited with a huge part of the Bobcats' success.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards