Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The "CCJ was right again" thread 

Post#21 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

payitforward wrote:Topic drift....

Lets get back to praising each other for our draft smarts!

Nah, if I was to do that, I'd have to say that I was the first one here to push Crowder as an NBA prospect (near the beginning of the draft thread), but I'm far too classy to do that (and nobody cares).
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#22 » by TGW » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Can we start a coinciding "CCJ was wrong again" thread, and list all the failures that CCJ has referenced over the years?

We could start a shrine for Michael "Better than Lebron" Sweetney, Morris Almond, Ramon Sessions, etc, etc, etc....
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#23 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Refresh my memory on Sessions, TGW. What did I say about Sessions hat was wrong?
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#24 » by closg00 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Nah, if I was to do that, I'd have to say that I was the first one here to push Crowder as an NBA prospect (near the beginning of the draft thread), but I'm far too classy to do that (and nobody cares).

:bowdown: We give props where props are due, you have bragging rights.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#25 » by payitforward » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 pm

closg00 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

:bowdown: We give props where props are due, you have bragging rights.

Oh, please -- I had Crowder 18 months ago. I had Crowder before you guys had Faried. And I had Faried before you had Ty Lawson. Had him before.... (ellipsis)... had nectarines before you guys had the peach basket!

:)

From one or another angle, we all look good in the mirror. CCJ, who has some feathers in his cap to be sure, didn't even call for us to draft Crowder at all! Will Barton was his first choice for us at 32, as I'm sure he'll admit. :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#26 » by montestewart » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm guessing Crowder had himself there long before anyone, but Ruzious, Nivek, CCJ, payitforward, probably Dat2U and doclinkin, and a number of others were well ahead of me, and all very persuasive.
TGW
RealGM

Post#27 » by TGW » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Refresh my memory on Sessions, TGW. What did I say about Sessions hat was wrong?

That he was good?
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
RealGM

Post#28 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 am

Kobe likes him, TGW.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... t-approved

"I've been extremely impressed," Bryant said. "He takes a lot of pressure off of me. I can be a legitimate 2-guard now. Know what I mean? He can play-make for others. Before, I had to score and play-make for others, as well. I don't have to do that. I can be on the receiving end of those plays."

Bryant couldn't have been more effusive with his praise of Sessions on Wednesday night.

Sessions' court vision? "Just the reads that he makes," Bryant said. "He made me one pass tonight that I saw, but I didn't think he saw, and he slipped it right between the defense. I was like, 'Ooh. Interesting.'"

Sessions' speed? "There are a lot of players who have speed, but he understands how to change directions and he sees the floor extremely well," Bryant said. "That's the thing that makes his speed extremely valuable, that he can change gears."

TGW, when the Bobcats win a lot more games this season with Sessions as their PG, I will remind you of how badly you wanted to clown me but you were wrong.
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM

Post#29 » by TGW » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 am

Ok, CCJ. If Kobe actually "liked" Ramon Sessions, he'd be a Laker. As a matter of fact, if any remotely good team liked him, he wouldn't be a Bobcat. I'm sure in your fantasy world, where Michael Sweetney is MVP, Dejuan Blair is Moses Malone reincarnated, and Morris Almond is shooting fadeaways over MJ, Ramon Sessions is a good point guard. But in the real word, Ramon Sessions is a journey-man on his 4th different team in 6 years.

Just accept that you're wrong, and maybe a mod with some dignity would lock this ridiculous thread.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#30 » by montestewart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 am

No man, don't lock this thread. NOOOOOOOOO!
RealGM

Post#31 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 am

TGW wrote:Ok, CCJ. If Kobe actually "liked" Ramon Sessions, he'd be a Laker. As a matter of fact, if any remotely good team liked him, he wouldn't be a Bobcat. I'm sure in your fantasy world, where Michael Sweetney is MVP, Dejuan Blair is Moses Malone reincarnated, and Morris Almond is shooting fadeaways over MJ, Ramon Sessions is a good point guard. But in the real word, Ramon Sessions is a journey-man on his 4th different team in 6 years.

Just accept that you're wrong, and maybe a mod with some dignity would lock this ridiculous thread.

TGW, Sessions scored 44 in a game. http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3356

He had 24 assists in a game as a rookie. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53fxh ... ts-f_sport

He had a triple double in an NBA game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4SmT3qNyzA

Maybe you forgot this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2 ... 27&prov=ap

Rookie Sessions’ game-winning jumper spoils Arenas’ return; Bucks beat Wizards 110-109

TGW, you're a hater and you're wrong. From this point on I'm just going to ignore you because your agenda is pure hate and foolishness.
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM

Post#32 » by TGW » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 am

Awesome CCJ...he also shot 35% in the playoffs last year, with an super crap-tastic 1:1 assist to turn ratio. Maybe that's why he's playing for the worst team in the league and not one of the best.

And LOL at you telling me I have an agenda...your whole posting style is based around an agenda. Example: Beal is better than John Wall after one preseason game. If that's not an agenda, I don't know what is. Quite frankly, the silliness that comes out of your....keyboard...is just downright effin' ridiculous sometimes.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#33 » by doclinkin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:16 am

Heh. Man maybe I should restart the insults and trolling thread. Enjoy a little dust up, then shake hands and move on.
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#34 » by willbcocks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 am

I thought the mods long ago merged the insults and trolling thread with the political pulsar of annihilation thread. :dontknow:
RealGM

Post#35 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 am

doclinkin wrote:Heh. Man maybe I should restart the insults and trolling thread. Enjoy a little dust up, then shake hands and move on.

This is one of those "When does the season start?" arguments. Not much to do until then but argue.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#36 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 am

TGW wrote:Awesome CCJ...he also shot 35% in the playoffs last year, with an super crap-tastic 1:1 assist to turn ratio. Maybe that's why he's playing for the worst team in the league and not one of the best.

And LOL at you telling me I have an agenda...your whole posting style is based around an agenda. Example: Beal is better than John Wall after one preseason game. If that's not an agenda, I don't know what is. Quite frankly, the silliness that comes out of your....keyboard...is just downright effin' ridiculous sometimes.

I haven't changed in 11 years. A lot of times people who don't have much to say find things to object to or disagree with others about. TGW, I think you're the type of guy who would have been a part of putting Galileo under house arrest for espousing dissenting views from your own.

I don't really mind someone disagreeing and I do man up when I am wrong. I say a whole lot and I am wrong at times. One thing I find annoying is someone who devotes energy to attacking another poster. To me, John Wall is a 22-year old millionaire. He is going to be rich for a long, long time unless he's like Vince Young or Antoine Walker. I think the young man is an athlete who can be criticized by a fan, rightly or wrongly. But if you say you love John Wall, I might disagree with you but I'm not going to say hmmmm, let me see all the things you have ever said that are wrong. What a waste of time ...

My opinion is the second I saw Beal play I said he knows how to play. As opposed to Wall, who I said needs to slow down, needs to learn to compete on defense, and needs to improve his three-point shooting. Yes, I think Beal is better than Wall. No, I'm not trying to drive a wedge in the team. I'm not trying to put Wall down. In fact, I've said I can't wait until Wall gets healthy. Beal is going to make things much better for Wall and vice versa. They are tailor made for each other's game.

TGW, I said Cousins was better than Wall and I'm still saying that, despite Cousins frequently shooting about 43% and him leading the league in fouls. It is my subjective opinion. His PER would seem to support my opinion. I said this before they ever played a regular season game.

Likewise, I think Beal is a real good player. You don't have to agree and you can go ahead an attack my opinion or even me, since that seems to be what you do, TGW.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#37 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 am

TGW wrote:Awesome CCJ...he also shot 35% in the playoffs last year, with an super crap-tastic 1:1 assist to turn ratio. Maybe that's why he's playing for the worst team in the league and not one of the best.

Sample space and opponents, TGW. Lawson is better than Sessions. Westbrook is better than Sessions. He played a total of 12 playoff games. I posted a few of his highlights, but you can look at his PER, WS/48 over his career if you like.

That he plays for the worst team would also put Michael Kidd Gilchrist and Ben Gordon under the same consideration. Same with Brendan Haywood, who since he is on the worst team falls under the same broad brush you are attempting to paint with.

To say a team makes a player bad is silly, unless that team is the Wizards. :)
Bye bye Beal.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#38 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:36 pm

On Faried, how many GMs got it wrong? Every single one that didn't pick him from #6 on down. So I think that makes the average batting average of GMs at what, .2?

Ccj is wrong sometimes. But he is right much, much more often than more than half of the GMs in the NBA.

I think what happens is when you are getting paid $5 million to be right, you become much more conservative.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
TGW
RealGM

Post#39 » by TGW » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:On Faried, how many GMs got it wrong? Every single one that didn't pick him from #6 on down. So I think that makes the average batting average of GMs at what, .2?

Ccj is wrong sometimes. But he is right much, much more often than more than half of the GMs in the NBA.

I think what happens is when you are getting paid $5 million to be right, you become much more conservative.

Well if that's the case, ALL of us are "more right" than NBA GMs. In the draft where we subsequently took Vesely, I also loved Faried NH. I was disappointed that we didn't take him with either pick, but I didn't decide to make it my agenda to make everyone on Realgm know that I liked Faried. I didn't try and work Faried in every post that I created and tried to turn every thread into the Kenneth Faried shrine.

The only difference between CCJ and anyone else on this board is that no one else but CCJ toots his own horn.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#40 » by pancakes3 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:40 pm

TGW wrote:The only difference between CCJ and anyone else on this board is that no one else but CCJ toots his own horn.

Not true. "This is what I've been saying ..." is a standard opening for many users of this board.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards