ImageImageImageImageImage

The "CCJ was right again (except about Sessions)" thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Re: The "CCJ was right again (except about Sessions)" thread 

Post#106 » by rockymac52 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 am

I said I disagreed with your Bobcat predictions before the season started, and I'm sticking with them. Maybe they aren't the historically terrible team they were last season. But they are still easily a bottom 5 team, quite possibly still the worst team. Give it time. Time will tell.

I feel very confident in saying that the Wizards will have more wins than the Bobcats at season's end. That, of course, hinges on Wall and Nene returning in the next 2-4 weeks, and staying healthy. Although to be honest, I think our current team (without Wall and Nene) is still slightly better than the entire Bobcats team.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#107 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:24 am

Remember, this is all in fun. Just like Reggie Miller and Spike Lee. :D

Sessions scores 21 as Bobcats beat Wizards 92-76

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sessions-s ... --nba.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Reserve Ramon Sessions scored 21 points and the Charlotte Bobcats beat the winless Washington Wizards 92-76 Tuesday night to win back-to-back games for the first time since last December.

With Ben Gordon out due to a family emergency, Sessions picked up the slack and provided a much-needed boost for the Bobcats.

Trevor Ariza scored 19 points for the Wizards, who fell to 0-6. He was the only Washington player to finish in double digits in scoring.

The Bobcats (3-3) limited the Wizards to 29.8 percent shooting and outscored them 46-24 in the paint.

Prior to the season I said the Bobcat defense would be a lot better than in the past. :usa:
Bye bye Beal.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#108 » by Illuminaire » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 am

The Bobcats didn't limit the Wizards to 29.8% shooting. The Wizard's lack of talent did.

>.<
RealGM

Re: The "CCJ was right again" thread 

Post#109 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 am

TGW wrote:Can we start a coinciding "CCJ was wrong again" thread, and list all the failures that CCJ has referenced over the years?

We could start a shrine for Michael "Better than Lebron" Sweetney, Morris Almond, Ramon Sessions, etc, etc, etc....

How about we start a thread called "What do you have to say today, TGW?"

TGW, Sessions was the leading scorer on either team. Last game for Charlotte, Sessions scored the points to send the game to overtime and he scored the final points of the game. I was right about Sessions. I said Charlotte would be better and he would help them win games.

1. On Sweetney, the guy has a weight problem. (And get the quote straight. Melo, not Lebron).

2. On Morris Almond, http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... nmo01.html , check the similarity score at the bottom. Who are the first and eighth named, similar players through 3 years?

Also, Almond was a Wizard when they went 6-0. Of the 66 minutes of winning basketball, what was his +/- net points? http://www.82games.com/1112/11WAS5.HTM What did opposing SGs shoot when Almond was on the court?

Almond held his own for 66 minutes while the Wizards went 6-0. I hear a lot of people offer subjective opinions about how he looked. I'm telling you he was much more effective at not getting outplayed at SG those six games, in brief minutes, than Ariza has been at SF over 6 games this season. Who knows what kind of player he is, but if Matt Carroll can have a long NBA career so can Morris Almond.

You want to point out my failures but all I will do is say Sessions beat the Wizards and Charlotte is three games ahead of Washington, TGW.
Bye bye Beal.
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#110 » by willbcocks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 am

This thread cracks me up. The title is excellent. And, although it's only six games into the season, Washington is 0-6, Charlotte 3-3, and Sessions helped whoop our butts. Right now, CCJ deserves to rub it in everyone's face.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#111 » by barelyawake » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:11 pm

CCJ your next shortie should be Jarnell Stokes. People forget how young he is -- having entered college at 17 (because he was an honor student). Size 20 shoe, 7'1 wingspan, 240 already. And his hobby is playing chess against the old guys in the park.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#112 » by Dat2U » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Dat2U was right again :) about: Royce White. Is this dude ever going to man up, stop making excuses and eventually play in an NBA game?
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#113 » by fishercob » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Dat2U wrote:Dat2U was right again :) about: Royce White. Is this dude ever going to man up, stop making excuses and eventually play in an NBA game?

You don't "man up" your way out of mental illness. You can fault the Rockets for drafting someone with medical red flags, but you have no right to criticize White for his disease.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
RealGM

Post#114 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Dat2U wrote:Dat2U was right again :) about: Royce White. Is this dude ever going to man up, stop making excuses and eventually play in an NBA game?

Speaking from experience with something a little different but potentially devastating in its own right, I KNEW the Rockets were making a mistake. White is much more of a risk than Cousins ever was. With airport security the last thing the Rockets need is a situation in which anxiety causes a great big, black man to lose his composure.

The things White are battling have nothing to do with a lack of maturity. His social anxiety is serious stuff, Dat, and this young man is someone who could be so tortured that he may become suicidal. "Crazy" or irrational doesn't make sense.

I was also concerned that his background featured a dismissal from the University of Minnesota for theft. A. J. Price learned from his mistake so I should not value judge Royce White. I do, however, consider he has a few more things on top of that past misstep. White would lose a FT shooting contest to Vesely -- something that I see as possibly an anxiety-related problem, too.

White is a player the Rockets are going to very likely regret drafting.

Instead of making things so negative I wish they would reshape what they're doing. Pay him for the home games and practices he can attend. Strategize a way that he can be a useful practice player. Instead of reacting negatively to Royce White, educate his teammates to the differences between Depression, Anxiety, Shame, Guilt, etc. Royce has some things he has real problems with and I think they should look at him as a disabled guy.

The main thing is they need to either seek to void Royce White's contract for medical reasons, and reach some sort of settlement; or, they need to see if they can restructure White's deal for when he can play. Instead of vilify or assassinating the man's character, the Rockets need to make something positive about how they are making the best accommodations possible for him and the team to move forward.

Sorry for the rant, but mental health issues are something I am very passionate about.
Bye bye Beal.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#115 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I thought Houston made a mistake picking White strictly for on-court reasons. The anxiety disorder was another layer entirely.

That said, I have great sympathy for White. As fish correctly points out, "get over it" isn't a solution to mental illness.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#116 » by Rafael122 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:29 pm

At this point I think its a lot more than just anxiety. I'm not a doctor but I wouldn't be surprised if has some sort of bipolar disorder. Apparently this isn't the first time he's pulled a stunt like this.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
RealGM

Post#117 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 pm

It certainly could be bipolar disorder and/or some form of schizoaffective disorder, Raf. Those illnesses are more serious than generalized anxiety and (IMO) simple stress-related response to certain stimuli.

Whatever is going on with Royce White sounds more serious than dude doesn't like to fly, or dude needs to man up.
Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#118 » by payitforward » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 am

Agree that Royce White doesn't need any bad karma from us. He's suffering; let him alone.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#119 » by Rafael122 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:52 am

payitforward wrote:Agree that Royce White doesn't need any bad karma from us. He's suffering; let him alone.

But at the same time he's not doing himself any favors by going on Twitter and ranting.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#120 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:24 am

I was right about Greivis Vasquez :D
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#121 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 am

The Cats win a B2B and are currently the 7th seed in the East :-)
RealGM

Post#122 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 am

The best thing that Ted Leonsis can do is learn how Charlotte is 4-3 right now and list reasons why Washington is 0-7--beyond injury to Wall or Nene--other possibilities.

Failure can be a great teacher. You haven't lost until you give up trying. As long as we have life we have a fighting chance to live and learn.

Charlotte turned things around in a summer. Washington does have tough people and pretty good players. Cartier Martin said that after scoring 14 points in a quarter last game. The Wizards scored 15 straight points. Every player, including Vesely, has some things they do well. The utmost thing the Wizards need to do is stay positive at times like this.

I know what they need to do and it's not that hard at all.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#123 » by AFM » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:19 am

CCJ, I admire your optimism. I do have a hard time seeing what Vesely does well except kiss his girlfriend on the mouth.
RealGM

Post#124 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 am

barelyawake wrote:CCJ your next shortie should be Jarnell Stokes. People forget how young he is -- having entered college at 17 (because he was an honor student). Size 20 shoe, 7'1 wingspan, 240 already. And his hobby is playing chess against the old guys in the park.

Thanks, ba. This year I'm trying to watch more and follow more prospects early in the NCAA season rather than wait until Feb/Mar. Fortunately, I have more time to do so.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#125 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:19 am

AFM wrote:CCJ, I admire your optimism. I do have a hard time seeing what Vesely does well except kiss his girlfriend on the mouth.

From 2011-2012, his rookie season, here are some box scores of Jan's best games:

Game 1
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 00WAS.html
In 16 minutes, he only took 2 shots and made both. He had 5 steals. It takes tremendous energy and effort to do so much in so little time.

Game 2
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 20DET.html
In 28 minutes, Vesely had 10 points (4-5FG), 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. To fill a stat sheet also takes desire and effort at both ends of the court.

Game 3
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 50BOS.html
In 25 minutes, Vesely had 11 points (5-6FG), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block.

Game 4
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 30WAS.html
As a starter during the team's end of the season winning streak; Jan played 24 minutes, had 16 points (8-8 FG), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 steals. This was a dominating performance and the best of Jan Vesely.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 60WAS.html
Also starting with Chris Singleton and Kevin Seraphin, Vesely in 23 minutes had 11 points (5-7 FG), 8 rebound, 1 assist, 3 steals, and 1 block.

AFM, I did pluck a few games out among many not-so-good. I certainly ignored the bad or worst of Vesely. You wrote you had a hard time seeing what he does well. I agree. You and most other fans watching right now do. But what did you see last April, when Vesely was a starter at the end of the season?

I think Vesely is best used as a mobile PF in a running lineup. He plays very well with Seraphin and Nene because they can create offense, and allow Jan to roam for rebounds. Vesely moves extremely well for a big man. He is energetic, opportunistic, and I believe and exceptionally intelligent player. He is, however, a very bad shooter and he lacks physical strength. His confidence is being damaged this season IMO. He has been slowed by weight gain, injury, and the insistence that he play C; which requires that he bulk up.

The Wizards are mishandling him badly, IMO. What else is new? Vesely NEVER should have been selected 6th. He is belongs in the league, however. I think Jan will end up back in Europe sooner than later, if the Wizards do not get him a more suitable role.

When Vesely came to the NBA, he was considered a SF prospect, but there were concerns EG should have seen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QZxGrVco3o[/youtube]

Very poor FT shooter, relatively weak hands, not strong enough to post with great success against NBA PFs, and not quick enough to guard athletic SFs. I don't see how this player was drafted #6. That said, he plays with passion and is so long and so mobile, that Jan can be a disruptive defender and a good garbage player on offense.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards