ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, WizStorm, pineappleheadindc, nate33, miller31time

User avatar
AFM
Veteran
Posts: 2,770
And1: 1,031
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#361 » by AFM » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:00 am

How do we know he wasn't just trying to give OJ a handjob?
Image
User avatar
Dat2U
RealGM
Posts: 17,230
And1: 1,313
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
       

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#362 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Even I'm not too thrilled about Seraphin for Cousins right now. Might want to wait a bit because the market price for Cousins is plummeting. He is a great buy-low if you choose to buy at all candidate.

A dream scenario would involve Okafor and a pick (not this year's draft) for Cousins and Salmon's or Garcia's deal.

Or something like Vesely and future picks for Boogie Cousins.


Ha! Now we've flipped sides. :D

I'd say strike while the iron is hot. Seraphin & Vesely for Cousins & Honeycutt. If Vesely becomes the next Jared Jeffries who cares? Seraphin has obvious flaws like Cousins but DMC has the higher upside while Seraphin is low maintenance. The roster is in desperate need of talent and he's possibly a realistic option considering his decline in value recently.

You wouldn't be trading to get the current version of Cousins. The hope is, with his best friend, John Wall around, he'll actually give a damn.
Sig bet w/ ibraheim718 - I guarantee less than 20 wins for Lakers this year
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,721
And1: 139
Joined: Sep 06, 2010
Location: PG County, MD
   

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#363 » by DMVleGeND » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 am

Dat2U wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Even I'm not too thrilled about Seraphin for Cousins right now. Might want to wait a bit because the market price for Cousins is plummeting. He is a great buy-low if you choose to buy at all candidate.

A dream scenario would involve Okafor and a pick (not this year's draft) for Cousins and Salmon's or Garcia's deal.

Or something like Vesely and future picks for Boogie Cousins.


Ha! Now we've flipped sides. :D

I'd say strike while the iron is hot. Seraphin & Vesely for Cousins & Honeycutt. If Vesely becomes the next Jared Jeffries who cares? Seraphin has obvious flaws like Cousins but DMC has the higher upside while Seraphin is low maintenance. The roster is in desperate need of talent and he's possibly a realistic option considering his decline in value recently.

You wouldn't be trading to get the current version of Cousins. The hope is, with his best friend, John Wall around, he'll actually give a damn.


This. IMO, this would be the perfect buy-low situation.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
User avatar
hands11
RealGM
Posts: 29,497
And1: 2,139
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#364 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 am

Dray posts another good game.
Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686

Why so many poster have hotties as avatars. If anything screams can't get any, that would be it.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 34,013
And1: 1,113
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#365 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:38 am

Dat2U wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Even I'm not too thrilled about Seraphin for Cousins right now. Might want to wait a bit because the market price for Cousins is plummeting. He is a great buy-low if you choose to buy at all candidate.

A dream scenario would involve Okafor and a pick (not this year's draft) for Cousins and Salmon's or Garcia's deal.

Or something like Vesely and future picks for Boogie Cousins.


Ha! Now we've flipped sides. :D

I'd say strike while the iron is hot. Seraphin & Vesely for Cousins & Honeycutt. If Vesely becomes the next Jared Jeffries who cares? Seraphin has obvious flaws like Cousins but DMC has the higher upside while Seraphin is low maintenance. The roster is in desperate need of talent and he's possibly a realistic option considering his decline in value recently.

You wouldn't be trading to get the current version of Cousins. The hope is, with his best friend, John Wall around, he'll actually give a damn.


That sounds okay, Dat.
Forgive, even when you know you were the one who was in the right.
User avatar
dangermouse
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,264
And1: 234
Joined: Dec 08, 2009

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#366 » by dangermouse » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:15 am

Yep, I'd trade for Cousins now. Something around Okafor and Seraphin + other filler for Cuz and a bad contract of theirs or two sounds good to me. I'd throw in a 2nd.

Cuz coming here is less risky than going to another team. We all know he is immature. I have no idea what his work ethic is like but im sure based on his maturity, it isnt where it could be. Wall would motivate him, im sure of it.

Going after Tyreke in the same trade seems a bit far fetched. But, if the Kings are going to blow it up you have to look at it this way: it hasnt been working + they could be moving + 2014 is a good draft. It could be the perfect storm for us and them. We send them a deal similar to what has been talked about with our 2013 first (maybe top1 protected, unprotected 2014?) + Seraphin, Singleton or Ves and filler....

With Wall/Beal/Tyreke/Nene/Cousins, that is just too much talent to not make the playoffs, with plenty of upside. The only problem would be financially when we have to re-sign guys. And with Ted rejecting a Harden deal, you know this has less chance of happening than NASA admitting it was they who assassinated JFK.
pineappleheadindc wrote:Q: What is Nene girlfriend's name?

A: Noah.
User avatar
MikeTheKid
Analyst
Posts: 3,541
And1: 370
Joined: Jan 24, 2012
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
         

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#367 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 pm

The Warriors beat the Heat last night with a Draymond Green GW layup. To think we could've had Curry in 2009, Klay in 2011 and Draymond in 2012 but no our FO got Randy Foye and Mike Miller in 09, Vesely in 2011 and Satoransky in 2012.

Oh but EG says 2nd rounders don't make rotations but Draymond Green gets big mins. on a 15-7 team.

Bravo Ted and EG aka Ernie and Burt
Image

All Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig
User avatar
FAH1223
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,321
And1: 663
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#368 » by FAH1223 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 am

We should beat the Lakers tomorrow
Image
User avatar
sashae
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,274
And1: 50
Joined: Dec 15, 2003
Location: nyc

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#369 » by sashae » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I was 100% behind getting Blatche amnestied, but man seeing him play well for the Nets is amazingly frustrating.
the wizards are good?!??
wasfan
Ballboy
Posts: 30
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 28, 2012

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#370 » by wasfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:42 pm

the whole point of dismantling the roster over the last few years was to find some maturity... kinda like what the blazers did when they went from the jailblazers into the aldridge era...
bringing in cousins at this point would just mean the past fews years of being horrible was in vain...
what this team needs to be respectable is a veteran who can get these young guns under control... to show some leadership.... i think nene is a great part of that...
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,654
And1: 331
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#371 » by closg00 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:36 pm

sashae wrote:I was 100% behind getting Blatche amnestied, but man seeing him play well for the Nets is amazingly frustrating.


As difficult as it is to get a decent back-up C, I was for moving him to 3rd center until things settled-down, the booing would have stopped. I honestly don't believe Blatche would have sunk as-low as he did had he been with a better-run organization.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
sashae
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,274
And1: 50
Joined: Dec 15, 2003
Location: nyc

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#372 » by sashae » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I 100% agree with that, but we're dealing with the crap organization we've been dealt.
the wizards are good?!??
TheBigThree
Starter
Posts: 2,104
And1: 103
Joined: Mar 20, 2008

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#373 » by TheBigThree » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:47 am

I'd love to be able to cheer for an organization like Dallas or Chicago that can build a competitive team without their star player.

It amazes me how long EG has been able to last blaming injuries for our predicament. Caron, Arenas, Wall, Nene....come on. What's the common thread here and why are other NBA franchises at least able to tread water when their players go down?
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 40,399
And1: 1,906
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#374 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 am

wasfan wrote:the whole point of dismantling the roster over the last few years was to find some maturity... kinda like what the blazers did when they went from the jailblazers into the aldridge era...
bringing in cousins at this point would just mean the past fews years of being horrible was in vain...
what this team needs to be respectable is a veteran who can get these young guns under control... to show some leadership.... i think nene is a great part of that...

Who said we'd have to give up Nene in a Cousins trade?

If we could trade Seraphin and Vesely for Cousins and filler, and retain Nene as a mentor and role model for Cousins, that would be the best of both worlds. Nene could show Cousins the difference between effective winning play, and mere stat-stuffing. And Nene is a big enough guy to not be intimidated by Cousins.

We'd have to move Okafor to clear the log jam. Hopefully trade him for a stretch 4 or a wing... or an expiring contract.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,654
And1: 331
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#375 » by closg00 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:24 am

TheBigThree wrote:I'd love to be able to cheer for an organization like Dallas or Chicago that can build a competitive team without their star player.

It amazes me how long EG has been able to last blaming injuries for our predicament. Caron, Arenas, Wall, Nene....come on. What's the common thread here and why are other NBA franchises at least able to tread water when their players go down?


Orlando is a good example of a team that is at-least average A blow-up Most people wrote them off as being cellar dwellers post-Dwight, instead they have won 10 games and have been very competitive much sooner. The Wizards problems are largely due to them having to continuously shovel-out from underneath Ernie's horrible management decisions.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 34,013
And1: 1,113
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#376 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:51 am

The Warriors beat the Hawks in Atlanta, 115-93.

Rookie Barnes (18 points) and Green (8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block) and second-year Jenkins (3-3 FG) and Thompson all played meaningful minutes on a 16-8 team.

Steph Curry, one of the guys EG passed up for one year of Foye and Mike Miller, is all of 24 years old.
Forgive, even when you know you were the one who was in the right.
User avatar
MikeTheKid
Analyst
Posts: 3,541
And1: 370
Joined: Jan 24, 2012
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
         

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#377 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Warriors beat the Hawks in Atlanta, 115-93.

Rookie Barnes (18 points) and Green (8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block) and second-year Jenkins (3-3 FG) and Thompson all played meaningful minutes on a 16-8 team.

Steph Curry, one of the guys EG passed up for one year of Foye and Mike Miller, is all of 24 years old.



CCJ I love you man, but please don't bring up the Warriors, we could have drafted there entire core group in the last 4 drafts but we didn't and it hurts my heart everytime I think about it
Image

All Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,654
And1: 331
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#378 » by closg00 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Warriors beat the Hawks in Atlanta, 115-93.

Rookie Barnes (18 points) and Green (8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block) and second-year Jenkins (3-3 FG) and Thompson all played meaningful minutes on a 16-8 team.

Steph Curry, one of the guys EG passed up for one year of Foye and Mike Miller, is all of 24 years old.



CCJ I love you man, but please don't bring up the Warriors, we could have drafted there entire core group in the last 4 drafts but we didn't and it hurts my heart everytime I think about it


Well how about a little more pain :D Ricky Rubio returned to action last night leading Minny to victory. This all-white team (the line-up often) must be good for ticket sales and marketing and they are winning.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 34,013
And1: 1,113
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#379 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:01 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Warriors beat the Hawks in Atlanta, 115-93.

Rookie Barnes (18 points) and Green (8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block) and second-year Jenkins (3-3 FG) and Thompson all played meaningful minutes on a 16-8 team.

Steph Curry, one of the guys EG passed up for one year of Foye and Mike Miller, is all of 24 years old.



CCJ I love you man, but please don't bring up the Warriors, we could have drafted there entire core group in the last 4 drafts but we didn't and it hurts my heart everytime I think about it

:D

The saying goes "If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything." The problem is I am a Wizard fan. I've got to say something. MTK, what is good to say about the Wizards? Since I got nothing good to say about them, I'll applaud the other teams.

I'm happy right now because the Skins have two good quarterbacks and they're in first place. But the Wizards? All I can do is look at other NBA teams' rosters and see what might have been. :lol:
Forgive, even when you know you were the one who was in the right.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 34,013
And1: 1,113
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#380 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 am

Nicolas Batum tonight against NO: 11 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks, 5 steals

That is an extremely rare accomplishment to have at least 5 of every category.
Forgive, even when you know you were the one who was in the right.

Return to Washington Wizards