ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#421 » by dangermouse » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I saw that live and lost my ****. Bledsoe is a legit baller. Even if Paul walks they have a guy ready to fill his shoes already, imo.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#422 » by MikeTheKid » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:02 pm

DMC just got suspended indefinitely, might be time to go get him!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... definitely
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#423 » by AFM » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Reunite Wall and Cousins
DMC in da DMV
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,593

Post#424 » by pancakes3 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:07 am

The rockets have been on absolute fire lately. Harden just dropped 31 pts on 13 shots.
Bullets -> Wizards
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#425 » by miller31time » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 am

pancakes3 wrote:The rockets have been on absolute fire lately. Harden just dropped 31 pts on 13 shots.

Yeah, but look at his contract! If we accepted that trade for Harden, we'd have to...you know....pay him....you know....money for.....you know.....production.

And that's a slippery slope, my friend.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#426 » by Illuminaire » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 am

Also, Harden has only been in the league for a few years. He just doesn't have the veteran status we need in our locker room.
Mizerooskie
Junior
And1: 36

Post#427 » by Mizerooskie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:18 am

On the opposite end of the efficiency spectrum from Harden, Kobw scored 34 tonight on 41 FGA.

He had 1 free throw attempt.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#428 » by Induveca » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Watching 76ers/Nets. Blatche is playing EXTREMELY well. Dishing out assists, dunking, excellent defense...

Sigh.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#429 » by Illuminaire » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:26 pm

It was never about ability with Blatche, only willingness to focus, work hard, and make the right decisions.

Nothing we could do about that, really.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Post#430 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:59 am

Induveca wrote:Watching 76ers/Nets. Blatche is playing EXTREMELY well. Dishing out assists, dunking, excellent defense...

Sigh.

The good news is his anger must have made him finally get the focus and drive to maximize his potential. The bad news is Andray is doing that for another team while the Wizards paid to amnesty him.

The Wizards could have retained Blatche this season instead of overreacting, overcorrecting, and trading for Okafor when they already had Nene. Blatche could have still been amnestied next season. He could be playing instead of Okafor, and the Wizards would be in place to trade this Blatche.

Maybe the only reason Blatche is balling so hard is that he has a new team, new coach, new teammates, etc that bring this out. I think he could have been encouraged in DC and the same player could have been balling for the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#431 » by queridiculo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:41 pm

A lot of good basketball being played around the league. The sad part? I'm so depressed about the Wizards I can't even get myself to watch any of it.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#432 » by hands11 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Dray against KG is on.

Sully looking good for the Celtics. He has a nice mid range game and big body. Hopefully Kevin S can mature. He is this kind of player for the Wizards only he is more athletic. He just has to grow up, gain experience and learn to use him body better.

Looking forward to the Wiz being in the position to add a player like that moving forward. They got there #1 at PG and their #3 at SG. I think they use this next pick on a center for the future. Then they can start filling in with those solid type players like a Sully. I wouldn't pick him as a projected starter but he would be nice off the bench as a back up PF. Better size and shooting then a Booker.

As for Dray, I would love to have the official tally on who wanted him run out of town vs who didn't. Who were the people committed to booing him every time he touched the ball if they kept him.

Wizards should look better with a high draft pick at center

Wall/Crawford
Beal/

Kevin S/Ves
Nene

with Len, Plumlee or Zeller

I'm fine with them keeping Ves and developing him. They could trade one or both of Trevor A and Okafor for that SF. Sadly we will likely need to live through one more year Trevor A and Okafor while we are looking for that right fit at SF unless people want to risk bringing Melo here for Trevor A and Okafor. That stud SF is the difference maker.

New York is do to implode. That's what they do.

What will be important is to find a dead eye shooting back up SG. And not a inexperienced one. Someone that knows there way around the NBA. Martin would have to make a lot of progress this year to convince me he is that player but he has his opportunity. Crawford would be back up PG and 3rd guard.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#433 » by MikeTheKid » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:59 am

hands11 wrote:Dray against KG is on.

Sully looking good for the Celtics. He has a nice mid range game and big body. Hopefully Kevin S can mature. He is this kind of player for the Wizards only he is more athletic. He just has to grow up, gain experience and learn to use him body better.

Looking forward to the Wiz being in the position to add a player like that moving forward. They got there #1 at PG and their #3 at SG. I think they use this next pick on a center for the future. Then they can start filling in with those solid type players like a Sully. I wouldn't pick him as a projected starter but he would be nice off the bench as a back up PF. Better size and shooting then a Booker.

As for Dray, I would love to have the official tally on who wanted him run out of town vs who didn't. Who were the people committed to booing him every time he touched the ball if they kept him.

Wizards should look better with a high draft pick at center

Wall/Crawford
Beal/

Kevin S/Ves
Nene

with Len, Plumlee or Zeller

I'm fine with them keeping Ves and developing him. They could trade one or both of Trevor A and Okafor for that SF. Sadly we will likely need to live through one more year Trevor A and Okafor while we are looking for that right fit at SF unless people want to risk bringing Melo here for Trevor A and Okafor. That stud SF is the difference maker.

New York is do to implode. That's what they do.

What will be important is to find a dead eye shooting back up SG. And not a inexperienced one. Someone that knows there way around the NBA. Martin would have to make a lot of progress this year to convince me he is that player but he has his opportunity. Crawford would be back up PG and 3rd guard.

Hands if Ves could dribble and had the strength to penetrate and get to the basket to draw fouls and make them he could be that long SF that we really need. I think Witt needs to abandon him being a force in the middle and more of him dribbling and penetrating. More and more I want to say hes a bust but the Wiz are in a horrible state and its time to send him to the DLeague and teach him how to play basketball. Im sick of our lotto picks being complete and utter garbage. Id rather continue our tank and send him down to learn the game.

I guess after last nite and the posts and discussions we had I am taking a lighter side of life now, granite I still extremely dislike EG and I want him gone but the more and more I think about it I want Ves to succeed now and prove the doubters wrong including myself. Do we have a direct DL affiliate I don't remember but maybe if theres a better culture in the DL Ves maybe able to do some good.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,593

Post#434 » by pancakes3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 am

It was absolutely joyous to watch the Rockets play basketball. Just a constant flow of jawdropping plays especially the pinpoint downcourt outlet passes.
Bullets -> Wizards
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#435 » by MikeTheKid » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:46 am

pancakes3 wrote:It was absolutely joyous to watch the Rockets play basketball. Just a constant flow of jawdropping plays especially the pinpoint downcourt outlet passes.

this x100

I thought the Rockets put on a clinic, Chandler Parsons is going to be a stud and Asik if he continues to work on his offensive moves will be a double-double machine. The great thing is that the team is extremely young and Morey will keep that core together for awhile.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#436 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:10 am

MikeTheKid wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:It was absolutely joyous to watch the Rockets play basketball. Just a constant flow of jawdropping plays especially the pinpoint downcourt outlet passes.

this x100

I thought the Rockets put on a clinic, Chandler Parsons is going to be a stud and Asik if he continues to work on his offensive moves will be a double-double machine. The great thing is that the team is extremely young and Morey will keep that core together for awhile.

That was the only game I was able to watch parts of, and it sure was fun to watch. My wife and father-in-law, usually not very interested in watching two non-Wizards teams play during regular season, but both quite engaged by the Rockets' entertaining style.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#437 » by closg00 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:13 am

Detroit took ATL to double OT, Drummond with a double-double. Detroit fans must have some hope.
http://www.nba.com/games/20121226/DETATL/gameinfo.html
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,811

Post#438 » by tontoz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm

The team that should really be kicking themselves about Drummond is Toronto. They needed a defensive big in the worst way and picked Ross. I don't remember anyone rating him that high.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#439 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:02 pm

tontoz wrote:The team that should really be kicking themselves about Drummond is Toronto. They needed a defensive big in the worst way and picked Ross. I don't remember anyone rating him that high.

They fell into the trap of drafting for need. They already had Bargs, Ed Davis who was a high pick, and JV was about to come over. So they felt they had to reach for a wing.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#440 » by closg00 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:54 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
tontoz wrote:The team that should really be kicking themselves about Drummond is Toronto. They needed a defensive big in the worst way and picked Ross. I don't remember anyone rating him that high.

They fell into the trap of drafting for need. They already had Bargs, Ed Davis who was a high pick, and JV was about to come over. So they felt they had to reach for a wing.

Remember when Khan got torched for taking Flynn and Rubio? The fan-base probably would have had pitchforks out (initially) if they had taken Drummond.....but taking Ross :crazy:

Return to Washington Wizards