Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#601 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1224409&start=120
hands11 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm

I think the Lakers can still turn it around. Come on. They have Kobe, Nash, Howard, Gasol. Their problem is getting the pieces working well together.. i.e. Coaching.

If they don't make the playoffs, this will go down as one of the great organizational failures since that Minnesota Vikings team with all those all stars and Hershel Walker. I mean come on. They are spending

100M on this roster
That is the most in the league by 13M

LAL has a big game against OKC at 3:30. Then their schedule gets easier.
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/ ... les-lakers

They can make up a lot of ground quickly. Their season will determined over the next 10 games. If they reel off something like 8-2, they are right back in it.

They just had a players only meeting to get on the same page.
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400278361

Looks like Howard got more touches and shots. Kobe only took 10 shots in 35 minutes. That has to be a record. It shows he is trying. I doubt that happens every night but WOW.
KOBE with 14 assists and only 10 shots with 9 rebounds
LAL vs OKC

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278373
Meet the new Kobe Bryant. He just reinvented himself overnight.
12 shots. 9 rebounds 14 assists. 21 pts

If Kobe keeps this up, he is going to be even more nasty then he has been. 9 rebound 14 assist game and pts. :o

Kobe deserves mad props. It take a mature person to do what he is doing. He adjusted him game to what the team needed. He took a step back so other could step up. 14 assist in back to back games from a SG :o
A HOF SG.. ?

Now Howard has to shut up and get with the program. Kobe laid down the market with his own play.

TEAM FIRST

Look like they are trying to get on on our come back story.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#602 » by tontoz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

Josh Smith with a backcourt violation and an offensive foul in the last minute of a 1 point game.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#603 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 am

tontoz wrote:Josh Smith with a backcourt violation and an offensive foul in the last minute of a 1 point game.

And misses a long 3 with 2 seconds left as his team loses by 2. He's his own worst enemy. He cared more about showing he could do what Carmelo Anthony does than he cared about his team winning.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#604 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:32 am

tontoz wrote:Josh Smith with a backcourt violation and an offensive foul in the last minute of a 1 point game.

That guy has zero basketball IQ, I fell bad for whatever team signs him this off season
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#605 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:08 am

hands11 wrote:LAL has a big game against OKC at 3:30. Then their schedule gets easier.
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/ ... les-lakers

They can make up a lot of ground quickly. Their season will determined over the next 10 games. If they reel off something like 8-2, they are right back in it.

They just had a players only meeting to get on the same page.
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400278361

Looks like Howard got more touches and shots. Kobe only took 10 shots in 35 minutes. That has to be a record. It shows he is trying. I doubt that happens every night but WOW.
KOBE with 14 assists and only 10 shots with 9 rebounds
LAL vs OKC

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278373
Meet the new Kobe Bryant. He just reinvented himself overnight.
12 shots. 9 rebounds 14 assists. 21 pts

If Kobe keeps this up, he is going to be even more nasty then he has been. 9 rebound 14 assist game and pts. :o

Kobe deserves mad props. It take a mature person to do what he is doing. He adjusted him game to what the team needed. He took a step back so other could step up. 14 assist in back to back games from a SG :o
A HOF SG.. ?

Now Howard has to shut up and get with the program. Kobe laid down the market with his own play.

TEAM FIRST

Look like they are trying to get on on our come back story.

I assumed before the season Kobe's scoring would drop between 21-25 PPG with less shots because of Nash and Howard. He doesn't need to take 25 shots anymore, he has guys who used to be the best players on their previous teams. Nash is one of the greatest shooters in NBA history and should shoot more... Its kind of funny that he is so hesitant when he has all these open looks.

Kobe facilitating also is helping Gasol out because they have that chemistry. But above all, the Lakers slowed the game down against OKC and if they are going to make the postseason they must slow the pace down
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,623

Post#606 » by pancakes3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:13 pm

With the Lakers new "win streak" and a "reformed" Kobe it appears that they had the same problem that the Heat had early on last season. Kobe/Nash has the same Lebron/Wade dilemma as to who the primary ball handler should be. In both cases, it really should be the shorter guy but due to an inability for Kobe/Lebron to play off-ball, Nash/Wade's talents have to be marginalized.
Bullets -> Wizards
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#607 » by Knighthonor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 pm

SO WHATS WRONG WITH THE LAKERS?
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#608 » by dobrojim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:43 pm

so disappointed but not the least bit surprised to see Josh Smith
and DWade be goats for their teams yesterday.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#609 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm

dobrojim wrote:so disappointed but not the least bit surprised to see Josh Smith

And now Bosh seems to be trying to DWade himself with this nice quote in a Fox interview:
"Hell, yeah, of course. I've been a Hall of Famer like four years ago," the Miami Heat center told FOX Sports Florida after Friday's 110-88 victory over Detroit. "And I say that very serious, though. I've talked about it before with my friends."

Now, who's the nice guy on the Miami Heat? Lebron!

Or is it a conspiracy? Maybe Lebron is making Wade and Bosh act like jerks in order to make him look good in comparison.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#610 » by montestewart » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dobrojim wrote:so disappointed but not the least bit surprised to see Josh Smith

And now Bosh seems to be trying to DWade himself with this nice quote in a Fox interview:
"Hell, yeah, of course. I've been a Hall of Famer like four years ago," the Miami Heat center told FOX Sports Florida after Friday's 110-88 victory over Detroit. "And I say that very serious, though. I've talked about it before with my friends."

Now, who's the nice guy on the Miami Heat? Lebron!

Or is it a conspiracy? Maybe Lebron is making Wade and Bosh act like jerks in order to make him look good in comparison.

I'd have to see the tape to see how serious he was, but he might have an argument as a borderline candidate, especially if the Heat win more rings and he stays a part of them. A few prominent 2nd and 3rd wheels have made it in. Good arguments against it as well, along with arguments against being such a vocal DB about it.

"To a man, my entourage is with me on this one."
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#611 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:50 pm

I think Bosh may be on his way, but he certainly doesn't have the credentials right now - especially when Bernard King has gotten a no vote year after year.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#612 » by dobrojim » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Bosh was the 2nd best player on MIA last year when he played in the playoffs.
Without him, they don't beat OKC.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
hands11
Banned User

Post#613 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 am

Im actually looking forward to watching LA vs NO tonight.

Can Kobe keep up his madness ?

He is playing like a man possessed.

Can he post another 14 assist , 9 rebounds and double digit scoring game ?

Will he get a triple double finally ?

Can the LAL post their first 3 game winning streak since Tue, Dec 18 ?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8893093
hands11
Banned User

Post#614 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:13 am

Kobe with another Kobe 2.0 game.

11 assists, 8 rebounds, 14 pts and only 12 FTA

Just missed another triple double

Lakers win again.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,333

Post#615 » by doclinkin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

hands11 wrote:Kobe with another Kobe 2.0 game.

11 assists, 8 rebounds, 14 pts and only 12 FTA

Just missed another triple double

Lakers win again.

General Greivis though, jeez.. 15/15 and 5...
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#616 » by Higga » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

General Grieves with 15/15/5. What a stud. Love him but never thought he'd be this good in the pros. Happy for him.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,333

Post#617 » by doclinkin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Higga wrote:General Grieves with 15/15/5. What a stud. Love him but never thought he'd be this good in the pros. Happy for him.

He played pretty well (defensively especially) vs the USA in FIBA play though so I had my suspicions he'd be alright.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#618 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Higga wrote:General Grieves with 15/15/5. What a stud. Love him but never thought he'd be this good in the pros. Happy for him.

He played pretty well (defensively especially) vs the USA in FIBA play though so I had my suspicions he'd be alright.

My-turn to toot Doc :D I was a big booster of Greivis pre-draft and always said he was going to pan-out. I was in the minority back-then (I think CCJ liked him also). Grievis is pretty-much a nightly double-double machine now.

There seems to be have been a good run on quality PG's drafted in the late teens/20"s.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#619 » by Nivek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:18 pm

I hadn't built YODA in 2010, but when I run Greivis through the machine, his score is consistent with a mid-first round pick in most drafts. Somewhere in the 10-16 range depending on the draft.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,965

Post#620 » by DCZards » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah, kudos to Grievis. I always thought he could be a decent backup PG in the NBA but he's evolving into a quality starter.

Return to Washington Wizards