Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#241 » by closg00 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Chicken Littles: Sky done fell! Draft Thread 2011
by mhd on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 pm

I tell you who I like: Chandler Parsons. He's tall and an all around stat stuffer. Would not mind taking him with the ATL pick.

Re: Chicken Littles: Sky done fell! Draft Thread 2011
by doclinkin on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
If there is a dominant player IMO it will probably be Terrance Jones. He strikes me a perennial all star type.

Better learn to shoot then. I like his 'scrappy' but voters don't put you in the ASG unless you can score. In the NCAA he's big enough and athletic enough, but won't get quite the free ride when Dwight Howard or any of Bostons bigs are waiting in the lane. He needs the outside threat to be able to drive, 30% from college 3 doesn't do it.

I liked seeing savvy Chandler Parsons outplay TerJones, looking forward to the rematch. I've been keeping an eye on Parsons as an efficient role-player, until he got a bone bruise on the thigh, kid was tearing up his competition with a clutch no-mistakes hustle team game. No allstar but a natural chirotic sense, inherent sense of the moment, doing what is needed at just the right time, . Veteran savvy. Reliable outside shot, smart passes, gets every loose board, passes up the bad shot to get a better one for his teammate, and the scrawny strength to wriggle into position on every loose board.

Seems to me with a later pick our squad would do well to add talented seniors who play for winning squads.

:clap: Found quotes from a now locked draft thread. Again, the board picks better than Grunfeld.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1033884&start=1365
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#242 » by pancakes3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 pm

I do find it weird that he's outplaying Patrick Patterson who I was sure was going to be a better Battier in the league. Both of them were playing behind a player that was a board consensus stud: Budinger. The thing is having those 3 SF's drew a lot of criticism from a lot of people in having a logjam of mediocrity. Well take that and compare it to our logjam of mediocrity at our SF spot.

Also, yes - Duncan has been benjamin buttoning it but I think Greg Monroe has a case as being a top 5 big man in the league.
Bullets -> Wizards
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#243 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 am

Speaking of Duncan, the Spurs beat the Raptors in 2OT. Andrea Bargnani, if the box score is correct, shot just 2-19 FG.

I had to look it up to see if that was an NBA worst ever shooting night. It was close:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... der_by=pts

Bargnani came very close to an NBA record. Iverson and Chris Webber each had games of 2-21 FGs. Mookie Blaylock and Thurl Bailey both once shot 2-20 FG. And 9 others, including Sam Cassell, Mitch Richmond, Rex Chapman, Andrei Kirilenko, and Danny Granger have matched Bargnani's 2-19.
Bye bye Beal.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#244 » by dangermouse » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 am

I think we'll get the Spurs. On nothing else other than in a similar position we got OKC last season. And we are due for a win lol.

And then today i saw they had 2 OT's and thought hey, they are old, they'll be tired.

I was planning on putting $100 on us for the win, and posting a picture of the bet slip to start the game thread, just for the lols. Well, local betting group isnt doing head to head bets for that particular game for whatever reason, and im not too enthused about using an online one that isnt based in my country. Ill let someone else start the thread but im still looking forward to the game!
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#245 » by Nivek » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Over at my blog, I took a quick look at the upcoming schedule. Wiz have a good chance of being 0-17. At that point, they have a game at New Orleans, which isn't all that good. That would be to tie the longest winless streak to start a season. If they drop that one, they could well get to 0-22 before they have games at Detroit and at Orlando.

I suspect they'll break through before then. But 0-22 isn't out of the question. Especially if Wall stays out for a couple more weeks, and especially if Nene has to sit -- which is possible if you listen to Wittman's comments about how Nene has to deal with the pain and it's up to him how much pain he can handle.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
RealGM

Post#246 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 pm

The day they traded McGee and others for Nene, there was much euphoria on this board.

viewtopic.php?t=1168914&f=35

A couple people were not thrilled. Your first comments:

Nivek wrote:
Denver wanted out of Nene's contract. Probably because he's having his worst season in 4 years, and he's getting $13 million per season through the 2015-16 season. At least the Wizards got another pick.

Nivek wrote:
Honestly, I'm not thrilled. I don't mind trading Young or McGee. (I wonder how the altitude in Denver will affect McGee and his asthma.) Hopefully Nene can get back to what he was last season.

My first comment:

This is a horrible f'n move.

Grunfeld is a chump.

Nene makes about $13M a year. The reason he's been traded is Kenneth Faried is already a far better player.

Damn, it sucks to be a Wizards fan. All the damned fool GM had to do was draft Faried.

I am done with Ted Leonsis and I despise Ernie INCOMPETENT Grunfeld.

Shyt, he should have acquired Bogut over Nene.

(name hidden) wrote:
Rather have Nene at $13 mil per year than McGee at the same price, if not closer. At least you know what you get with Nene.

My second comment from March 15, 2012:

What you'll get is a player who misses a ton of games.

What you'll find out is McGee won't be offered anything near $13M.

And what you're going to watch is Kenneth Faried and Javale McGee come to town and kick the Wizards azz for years and years. Or, the Nuggets will turn around and trade McGee for an asset. They've got Koufas and Mozgov at C, who are both decent, young players. The thought of having a leader at PG like Lawson, along with speedy dudes like Gallinari, Faried, and McGee is just scary.

People look at Hilario and see the name, but they fail to consider the guy's not that good for the money he makes.

This is another Rip/Jerry Stackhouse day. Everybody is so happy to get rid of Javale. I swear I HATE being a fan of this team.

In retrospect, I wasn't totally right. I don't miss Javale. He is probably not going to become nearly the player I thought, but they do like what he gives them in small doses in Denver. Jury is out, but he's not a star like Rip. Also, the ONLY thing I don't like about Nene is the guy's injury/inability to play through. I love his game. I like his charisma and so far, he's been a really positive player and a humble man. But he's already missed a ton of games. The Wizards are 0-11.

And now, EVERYBODY is calling Ernie Grunfeld a chump.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,035

Post#247 » by queridiculo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Nene is a far better basketball player than Farried at this point. Unfortunately that doesn't really matter unless he actually plays, and judging by the Lee's latest piece I get the impression that Nene will be limited by his foot injury all year.

Sometimes the best move is not to make a move at all, and that's precisely what should happened with the McGee situation.

Washington would have had the cap space to target somebody like Asik, and they had the assets to pull of a move to bring in Harden.

What they didn't have was vision, and the commitment to field a winner and that's not likely to change as long as Leonsis owns this team.
RealGM

Post#248 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:52 pm

queridiculo wrote:Sometimes the best move is not to make a move at all, and that's precisely what should happened with the McGee situation.

Washington would have had the cap space to target somebody like Asik, and they had the assets to pull of a move to bring in Harden.

What they didn't have was vision, and the commitment to field a winner and that's not likely to change as long as Leonsis owns this team.

+1
Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,302

Post#249 » by dobrojim » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Speaking of Duncan, the Spurs beat the Raptors in 2OT. Andrea Bargnani, if the box score is correct, shot just 2-19 FG.

I had to look it up to see if that was an NBA worst ever shooting night. It was close:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... der_by=pts

Bargnani came very close to an NBA record. Iverson and Chris Webber each had games of 2-21 FGs. Mookie Blaylock and Thurl Bailey both once shot 2-20 FG. And 9 others, including Sam Cassell, Mitch Richmond, Rex Chapman, Andrei Kirilenko, and Danny Granger have matched Bargnani's 2-19.

Andray has his work cut out for him if he wants to live up to that #1#1. I have faith however.
He just needs to try harder.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#250 » by LyricalRico » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 pm

queridiculo wrote:Sometimes the best move is not to make a move at all, and that's precisely what should happened with the McGee situation.

+1

Oh, come on. If the Wizards had kept McGee and Young until the the end of the season only to decline to match offers from other teams over the summer and instead have them walk for nothing, this place would have gone nuts IMO. You think people are mad about Okafor/Ariza? That would have been much worse.
RealGM

Post#251 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Oh, come on. If the Wizards had kept McGee and Young until the the end of the season only to decline to match offers from other teams over the summer and instead have them walk for nothing, this place would have gone nuts IMO. You think people are mad about Okafor/Ariza? That would have been much worse.

Many of us wanted them to not match and to pursue the likes of Ryan Anderson, Ersan Ilyasova, Omer Asik, Robin Lopez, and Lou Williams.

Doing nothing and not matching McGee or Young would have given the Wizards options at signing potentially better players and for less.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,035

Post#252 » by queridiculo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 am

LyricalRico wrote:

I would have renounced them at the beginning of free agency, in fact I proposed precisely that on a number of occasions and I wasn't the only one.

In fact I've mentioned Asik in particular as far back as two years ago as a trade target and then again as a free agent acquisition.

You seem to be forgetting just how terrible McGee and Young were performing for this team. Moving on from those two would have been just as justifiable as renouncing Blatche.

Then again, the Wizards couldn't even handle the Blatche amnesty designation properly. It was an absolute joke that we had to sit through weeks of guessing before the Wizards announced what everybody knew was coming.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#253 » by DMVleGeND » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:12 am

OKC blowing out CHA at half 64-24. WOWZERS!
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#254 » by miller31time » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 am

The NBA is a better place when Rasheed Wallace is playing.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#255 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 am

wow OKC is leading Charlotte 82-51. That kinda makes me feel better about the Wizards losing...NOT.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man

Post#256 » by DMVleGeND » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:44 am

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:wow OKC is leading Charlotte 82-51. That kinda makes me feel better about the Wizards losing...NOT.

I assume this was a typo. it was actually 82-31 at one point from what I heard on TV.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#257 » by montestewart » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:55 am

DMVleGeND wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:wow OKC is leading Charlotte 82-51. That kinda makes me feel better about the Wizards losing...NOT.

I assume this was a typo. it was actually 82-31 at one point from what I heard on TV.

79-25 at one point.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#258 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 am

DMVleGeND wrote:

lol my bad, it was 31

Wow, we just got dogged out on TNT by Barkley and co. I don't think this team's management realizes how awful they are making this area look. The capital of the USA and you can't even win a single fcukin game?
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man

Post#259 » by DMVleGeND » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 pm

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
DMVleGeND wrote:

lol my bad, it was 31

Wow, we just got dogged out on TNT by Barkley and co. I don't think this team's management realizes how awful they are making this area look. The capital of the USA and you can't even win a single fcukin game?

Yup. Th TN guys were staright up clownin' us. It's an embarrassment being a Wiz fan right now.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#260 » by Halcyon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm

LOL Blatche on 106.7. Hatin on org for not having his back when he was suckin. Ill give him credit for coming on the air

Return to Washington Wizards