yardbarker

NBA Games Discussion Thread

Moderators: miller31time, pineappleheadindc, LyricalRico, nate33, WizStorm

Post#181 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 am by LyricalRico

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Derrick Williams is looking more and more like a Mike Beasley-like tweener. It is very early. Williams is only 21 years old, but for the #2 pick he looks more and more like a journeyman and never a star. He is a player the Timberwolves might trade.

Honestly, I would love to see a Vesely for Derrick Williams trade. It would make those civil rights leaders in Minnesota so angry. :)

It would also put Vesely on a team where he can make a good contribution and have a very good career.

That's the type of trade that could make a lot of sense for both teams. Vesely is a long, lanky athletic type that should be able to complement Kevin Love well. Love would guard the stronger, post threat, and Vesely would guard whichever big is more mobile and perimeter-oriented.

Meanwhile, the Wizards get a tweener who looks like he'll pan out to be a respectable offensive threat. (Well, we hope he'll pan out to be such a threat. If it was as sure thing, Minnesota wouldn't have him on the block.) The Wizards currently get no offense out of the PF position.

Definitely an intriguing idea. I'd kick in Crawford to make it happen.
LyricalRico

Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 246

Post#182 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 am by LyricalRico

pancakes3 wrote:Singleton has shown flashes of being serviceable. He would have to retool his game a good bit but he could be Seattle-Lewis-lite (I know, I should temper my expectations).

I also think Singleton is looking like he's got a future as a role playing combo forward. Tough enough to play PF against tweeners, but has enough of an outside shot to also play SF. Sort of the role Battier played on Miami last year. Longterm, it'll be interesting to see how much success he has in comparison with a guy like Booker.
LyricalRico

Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 246

Post#183 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:31 pm by Zonkerbl

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Derrick Williams is looking more and more like a Mike Beasley-like tweener. It is very early. Williams is only 21 years old, but for the #2 pick he looks more and more like a journeyman and never a star. He is a player the Timberwolves might trade.

Honestly, I would love to see a Vesely for Derrick Williams trade. It would make those civil rights leaders in Minnesota so angry. :)

It would also put Vesely on a team where he can make a good contribution and have a very good career.

That's the type of trade that could make a lot of sense for both teams. Vesely is a long, lanky athletic type that should be able to complement Kevin Love well. Love would guard the stronger, post threat, and Vesely would guard whichever big is more mobile and perimeter-oriented.

Meanwhile, the Wizards get a tweener who looks like he'll pan out to be a respectable offensive threat. (Well, we hope he'll pan out to be such a threat. If it was as sure thing, Minnesota wouldn't have him on the block.) The Wizards currently get no offense out of the PF position.

Not doing that trade if I'm minnesota. Trading good (Beasley) for less good (Vesely) and throw-in (Crawford) might add up talent-wise but your team is essentially going to win less as a result.
Comparing Rose to Wall is like asking which is a more impressive cat: A cheetah or a wolf? Dude, Wall ain’t no damn cat!
Zonkerbl

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 240

Post#184 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:30 pm by Zonkerbl

What's going on with Detroit, by the way? 0-8? Ouch!
Comparing Rose to Wall is like asking which is a more impressive cat: A cheetah or a wolf? Dude, Wall ain’t no damn cat!
Zonkerbl

Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#185 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 am by Chocolate City Jordanaire

Zonkerbl wrote:What's going on with Detroit, by the way? 0-8? Ouch!

Rodney Stuckey suddenly has become Rodney Stinky. Not since DeShawn Stevenson have I seen such terrible shooting from a SG. (Seems like a great time to try and buy low on Stuckey--see Trade Thread).
It's not fool's gold. The Wizards are for real! Otto Porter is going to be a good one.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 634

Post#186 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 am by llcc25

Danny Green hits 3pt game winner vs Lakers last night...

"Pop ran a play for Danny, and I think that was a great call, because Kobe always has a tendency to stay in the paint and think it's a play for me or for Timmy," Parker said. "Then we finished it off with a great play defensively. Kawhi did a great job denying Kobe."

Those were two players that we could've had had we a half decent GM..
llcc25
Senior
And1: 1

Post#187 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 am by tontoz

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I am surprised nobody brought up George Karl is unhappy with McGee for offensive mistakes and getting tired very easily.

His rating may look stellar but among the three former Wizards Javale is skating on the thinnest ice with his coach.

Did they not know he has asthma when they resigned him? Obviously the thin air isn't going to help. Duh
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#188 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm by Zonkerbl

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:What's going on with Detroit, by the way? 0-8? Ouch!

Rodney Stuckey suddenly has become Rodney Stinky. Not since DeShawn Stevenson have I seen such terrible shooting from a SG. (Seems like a great time to try and buy low on Stuckey--see Trade Thread).

Can he play backup PG and SG? If so, I'd trade him for Crawford.

I normally stay out of the trade thread. Too boring.
Zonkerbl

Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#189 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm by closg00

Detroit lost by 2 to OKC but won tonight against Philly. The Wizards are the NBA 's worst team.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 237

Post#190 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 pm by miller31time

This happened today....

miller31time

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 466

Post#191 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 am by FAH1223

miller31time wrote:This happened today....

PG County Boy 8-)
FAH1223

Assistant Coach
And1: 378

Post#192 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 am by MikeTheKid

llcc25 wrote:MIN is impressive. They beat DAL at home w/o Love, Rubio, Roy, Barea, Budinger. And with D Williams only having 4 points. Some guy name Pekovic and kirilenko had good game. Any chance we can trade Vesely for either?

Pekovice outright took the starting C job last year due to his outstanding play, Adelman loves him and that's why they amnestied Darko as well. Adelman would want the world for Pekovic but his is a bruising big!

All Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig
MikeTheKid

Analyst
And1: 296

Post#193 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:46 am by GhostsOfGil

AK with another huge game 26 and 12 rebounds.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 786

Post#194 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:12 pm by pancakes3

Did he get the platelet treatment too?

Also, Wall's backup at UK is making noise over in La-la land.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... n_Nickname
Bullets -> Wizards
pancakes3
Head Coach
And1: 196

Post#195 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 pm by DMVleGeND

Watching the BKN-BOS game. Andray Blatche just had a funny ass sequence. First he received an open pass an missed an easy pass and missed an easy layup (although fans were clamoring for a goaltend). Then on the next possesion, he receives the ball, pump fakes, and drives by his man and gets blocked, then gets his own rebound and throws up this crazy 180-style reverse layup, then he misses another layup LULZ!
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DMVleGeND

Sixth Man
And1: 106

Post#196 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 pm by AFM

Pretty much everything Blatche does is funny. Dude should be a comedian.
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
And1: 830

Post#197 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 am by Chocolate City Jordanaire

Faried had 16 points and 20 rebounds against the Heat.

Got to watch and listen to TNT announcer at halftime show highlights of good plays by Javale Mcgee, and praise his progress now that the has a "good coach" and mentors, per Charles Barkley. "Now that he's out of that other place" is the phrase Barkley used. Says he sees Javale having a better future now. I'm not sure how well George Karl is coaching. McGee had 18 points (9-12FG), 6 rebounds, 4 blocks but only played 21 minutes. Javale finished +14 for the time he played in a game Denver lost.

Even with Faried as a teammate, Javale McGee is #3 in the NBA in offensive rebound percentage. McGee's PER is 24.6 :o

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... eja01.html

Strangely, he plays about eight minutes less per game with Denver than with Washington.

Ty Lawson has been shooting miserably since signing his new deal, and since Afflalo was traded. Iguodala is a bad fit next to Lawson, who finished 0-7 and 0 points.

The good news for Denver is that Jordan Hamilton looks like a 20-22 PPG stud and perhaps will be an all star, if he maintains some pretty phenomenal form. Hamilton in very brief moments seems to be what Wizard fans hope Brad Beal becomes.
It's not fool's gold. The Wizards are for real! Otto Porter is going to be a good one.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 634

Post#198 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:38 am by GhostsOfGil

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Even with Faried as a teammate, Javale McGee is #3 in the NBA in offensive rebound percentage. McGee's PER is 24.6 :o

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... eja01.html

Strangely, he plays about eight minutes less per game with Denver than with Washington.

But Mcgee has been TERRIBLE defensively. He's allowing his counterpart to average a PER of 32.4 and his +/- for the season is at -9!
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 786

Post#199 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:38 am by closg00

JaVale had a great game last night.
http://www.nba.com/games/20121115/MIADEN/gameinfo.html

Yep, JaVale + Seraphin never got a run. SMH
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 237

Post#200 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 am by Spence

GhostsOfGil wrote:Mcgee has been TERRIBLE defensively. He's allowing his counterpart to average a PER of 32.4 and his +/- for the season is at -9!

If it was any other player I'd assume that's a misprint.
Satan is happy with your progress.
DC Pro Sports Report is a good site for DC pro sports news.
Spence
Head Coach
And1: 30

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards