yardbarker

Washington Wizards Team Stats

SplitGPMPGFGAFG%3PA3P%FTAFT%RPGAPGSPGBPGPPG
Opponent Bench8217.2925.35.4597.90.3447.82.75513.506.852.571.2831.91
Opponent Starters8231.6355.54.45713.60.34915.50.76928.7015.395.122.6267.48
Opponent Totals8248.9180.89.45821.50.34723.32.76542.2022.247.703.9099.39
Team Bench8215.3922.59.4456.30.3585.27.71112.825.262.271.1326.10
Team Starters8233.5261.79.46414.49.38915.65.73729.3718.025.883.4674.56
Team Totals8248.9184.38.45920.79.37920.91.73142.1823.288.154.60100.66

See all Washington Wizards team stats

NBA Games Discussion Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, WizStorm, miller31time, nate33

Post#526 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:49 pm by hands11

pancakes3 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Hey, whoever the GM is at LAL needs fired. Team spending 100M and they are five games under .500 What kind of pile of crap talentless roster is that ?


Didn't detect green font so... I'll tell you that Kupchak (their idiot GM) has been there since 2000 and has 5 NBA championships under his belt. Of course the Shaq signing and Kobe trade happened under Jerry West's watch but the rings came under him. If he goes, then I don't know under what pretenses EG gets to stay.


But 100M dollar is the most in the league by 13M plus all the associated luxury tax.

What kind of massive failure to be the 19th placed team in the league and 5 games under .500

What excuse can be used to explain that away ?
Randy - System and playing harder isn't enough. Please look up the word Strategy. And Free XMAN Otto Porter

Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686
hands11
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,463
And1: 520
Joined: May 15, 2005
Top

Post#527 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 pm by montestewart

hands11 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Hey, whoever the GM is at LAL needs fired. Team spending 100M and they are five games under .500 What kind of pile of crap talentless roster is that ?


Didn't detect green font so... I'll tell you that Kupchak (their idiot GM) has been there since 2000 and has 5 NBA championships under his belt. Of course the Shaq signing and Kobe trade happened under Jerry West's watch but the rings came under him. If he goes, then I don't know under what pretenses EG gets to stay.


But 100M dollar is the most in the league by 13M plus all the associated luxury tax.

What kind of massive failure to be the 19th placed team in the league and 5 games under .500

What excuse can be used to explain that away ?

They have a plan, hands11, and it's working like kraftwork. Give it time, wait until everyone's healthy. The key is Jodie Meeks. He needs to be more consistent from beyond the ark (he averages .400 from the 3 in wins, only .329 in losses). If he can become the player they hoped for and so many of us here were predicting he would be at the beginning of the year, put a lock on the Lady Byng Trophy.
montestewart
Head Coach
Posts: 6,828
And1: 437
Joined: Feb 24, 2009
Top

Post#528 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:44 pm by hands11

Hmm, waiting on a Jodie to save the day. Are we sure that isn't Joe D because not sure a Jodie can do it though I think I will lock my back door when I leave the house.

But they have Nash, Kobe, Howard, and Paul Gastol and the leader the men AJ.
Support players of MWP and Jordan Hill

And they are 5 games under .500

Maybe its the coach.
Randy - System and playing harder isn't enough. Please look up the word Strategy. And Free XMAN Otto Porter

Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686
hands11
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,463
And1: 520
Joined: May 15, 2005
Top

Post#529 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am by closg00

montestewart wrote:
What excuse can be used to explain that away?
They have a plan, hands11, and it's working like kraftwork. Give it time, wait until everyone's healthy. The key is Jodie Meeks. He needs to be more consistent from beyond the ark (he averages .400 from the 3 in wins, only .329 in losses). If he can become the player they hoped for and so many of us here were predicting he would be at the beginning of the year, put a lock on the Lady Byng Trophy.


Don't worry, the green font wasn't necessary :wink:
Nene: "If you want to go for the gold, the championship, make the team better, you need to think forward. I don’t like to talk about .500.”
closg00
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,453
And1: 111
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Top

Post#530 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:15 am by FAH1223

hands11 wrote:What excuse can be used to explain that away ?


They play no defense whatsoever. Kobe and Metta are horrible at leaving guys open for uncontested shots, they don't help the helper, and they don't hustle. Their younger guys play hard and hustle (Hill, Clark, Meeks, Morris), Howard isn't himself, and Gasol isn't the same guy he was even this past summer in the Olympics.

Mike Brown had the Lakers play some inspired defense last season and they were pretty solid... they just couldn't score. I think they'd be a middle of the pack defensive team if they kept him and just let Nash be the offensive coordinator.
Image
FAH1223




Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,454
And1: 174
Joined: Nov 1, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
Top

Post#531 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:46 am by Chocolate City Jordanaire

After they unfairly fired Brown after only a handful of games with a new roster and many injured players, the guy I thought had the Lakers playing well is Bernie Bickerstaff. Just like Brooklyn and Indiana before them appear to be sticking with the interim coach, I think the Lakers would have been better off keeping Bickerstaff as head coach.

FAH1223, they would have done just as well as they're doing now overall with Mike Brown. I agree. They were hard to watch at times offensively, but they did care about defense under Brown.

What is really incredible about the Lakers is that as World Peace goes, so go the Lakers. When he is on the court they are 20 points better per 100 possession.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12LAL9.HTM

With MWP, per 100 possessions the Lakers outscore opposition roughly 114-105. (+9) Without MWP they are outscored roughly 103-114. (-11) That is a net of 20 points difference. He is that much better than his replacement and they are that dependent on his good play.
1. Games 1 & 2 wins over Chicago were NOT flukes.
2. Game 3 needs to be a definitive statement game.
3. The AARP crew will play more minutes at home.
4. Gortat got mugged in Chicago but will shine at home.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 30,892
And1: 300
Joined: Aug 4, 2001
Location: Ft. Washington, MD/Mililani, HI
Top

Post#532 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:11 am by Ruzious

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:Didn't detect green font so... I'll tell you that Kupchak (their idiot GM) has been there since 2000 and has 5 NBA championships under his belt. Of course the Shaq signing and Kobe trade happened under Jerry West's watch but the rings came under him. If he goes, then I don't know under what pretenses EG gets to stay.


But 100M dollar is the most in the league by 13M plus all the associated luxury tax.

What kind of massive failure to be the 19th placed team in the league and 5 games under .500

What excuse can be used to explain that away ?

They have a plan, hands11, and it's working like kraftwork. Give it time, wait until everyone's healthy. The key is Jodie Meeks. He needs to be more consistent from beyond the ark (he averages .400 from the 3 in wins, only .329 in losses). If he can become the player they hoped for and so many of us here were predicting he would be at the beginning of the year, put a lock on the Lady Byng Trophy.

Uh, wrong sport. That award go to the top porn actress of the year. You're thinking of the Kahn Smyth Trophy.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
Posts: 24,865
And1: 303
Joined: Jul 16, 2001
Top

Post#533 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 am by deneem4

Lakers play 3-2 on defense....
Nash (defend passing lanes)
Kobe (cant tell him what to do)
Peace (play strong side)
Clark (energy...hustle)
Howard (on kobe side)
pau kobe and nash should never be on court together....lakers defensive problems solved.
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
deneem4
Pro Prospect
Posts: 971
And1: 53
Joined: Dec 26, 2012
Top

Post#534 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 am by Ruzious

deneem4 wrote:Lakers play 3-2 on defense....
Nash (defend passing lanes)
Kobe (cant tell him what to do)
Peace (play strong side)
Clark (energy...hustle)
Howard (on kobe side)
pau kobe and nash should never be on court together....lakers defensive problems solved.

Yeah, just put Jamison in there for Pau, and their defensive problems are history.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
Posts: 24,865
And1: 303
Joined: Jul 16, 2001
Top

Post#535 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm by hands11

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:After they unfairly fired Brown after only a handful of games with a new roster and many injured players, the guy I thought had the Lakers playing well is Bernie Bickerstaff. Just like Brooklyn and Indiana before them appear to be sticking with the interim coach, I think the Lakers would have been better off keeping Bickerstaff as head coach.

FAH1223, they would have done just as well as they're doing now overall with Mike Brown. I agree. They were hard to watch at times offensively, but they did care about defense under Brown.

What is really incredible about the Lakers is that as World Peace goes, so go the Lakers. When he is on the court they are 20 points better per 100 possession.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12LAL9.HTM

With MWP, per 100 possessions the Lakers outscore opposition roughly 114-105. (+9) Without MWP they are outscored roughly 103-114. (-11) That is a net of 20 points difference. He is that much better than his replacement and they are that dependent on his good play.


Well good thing he isn't injured because it sounds like they would suck even worse. Maybe they would be like 15 games under .500 and it only cost them 100M dollars. As for Mike D'Antoni. Man, I am sure glad we didn't sign him. Sounds like he is forcing his system on them. They would be best to just give it to Nash and Kobe and get out of the way. Let them do their thing.
Randy - System and playing harder isn't enough. Please look up the word Strategy. And Free XMAN Otto Porter

Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686
hands11
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,463
And1: 520
Joined: May 15, 2005
Top

Post#536 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 am by queridiculo

hands11 wrote:
But 100M dollar is the most in the league by 13M plus all the associated luxury tax.

What kind of massive failure to be the 19th placed team in the league and 5 games under .500

What excuse can be used to explain that away ?


You can't argue with the talent on the court, though obviously their production isn't anywhere near where it should be.

Hiring D'Antoni over Phil Jackson was probably the most epic blunder the Lakers FO committed.

Jackson would have formed a team out of that hodgepodge of characters. After that Knicks disaster it should have been obvious that D'Antoni isn't up to the task of team building.
..let's keep in mind that while the Wizards were trading for Okafor and Ariza, giving away a draft pick and cap room, bypassing the free agent market and rejecting a trade for Harden, Leonsis was publicly congratulating himself for being smart. - Nivek
queridiculo
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,019
And1: 205
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: fomerly known as hermitkid
Top

Post#537 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 am by sashae

The D'Antoni hire mystifies me. The Lakers' problem wasn't scoring, it was defense, and that was largely due to Howard tottering around like the Mummy and Kobe saving all of his energy for the offensive end. You can't blame Brown for that.

Credit to Kobe for playing as well as he is this year, but anyone ignoring his defensive failings has blinders on. I will say I'm amazingly impressed at how MWP has gotten his act together this year and last -- he really looked like his career was tailing off til that miracle 3 in the finals against Boston, and since then is back to nearly the same level of defensive wolverine he was with Indiana. Impressive stuff.
otto porter is depressing.
sashae
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,211
And1: 38
Joined: Dec 15, 2003
Location: nyc
Top

Post#538 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 am by pancakes3

The offense wasn't wowing anyone either.

The problem is Kobe. Well, the biggest problem is MWP but the fixable problem is Kobe. MWP can't play any better but Kobe can play differently. Kobe refuses to budge from the top of the key where he can shoot or create. That's Nash's spot. Crowding 2 guys up top forces the PF to be in the corner in order to create space. If Kobe would go to the corner opposite the SF, it allows the pnr game to open up in the middle with the C as weakside cleanup. However, with 2 guys at the top of the key, it's too crowded to run pnrs and instead of a true D'Antoni offense it degenerates into Kobe playing (terrific) hero-ball and completely nullifies Nash.

Defensively, it's pretty simple. MWP is too slow to guard SF's, Kobe is a ball-watcher, and Nash is nash. Howard can erase mistakes but he can't be 2 places at once. There's probably very little talking out there as Howard is supposed to be the one barking out orders but he isn't due to him feeling it's not his team with Kobe out there. It's just a mess. It's a clash of egos and you need someone to sit them all down and clear the air. It's as simple as that, and it's also probably one of the hardest things ever.
Bullets -> Wizards
pancakes3
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,755
And1: 138
Joined: Jul 26, 2003
Location: Virginia
Top

Post#539 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:52 pm by miller31time

Bulls just held Atlanta to 20 points....at the half. 21% shooting for Hotlanta.

Amazing.
miller31time
Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 25,222
And1: 254
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Top

Post#540 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm by AFM

5 points in the second quarter haw haw.
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,011
And1: 643
Joined: May 25, 2012
Top

Post#541 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 pm by hands11

Charlotte is going to get it together any minute now.

I knew MKG was a better option the Beal.

Another blunder by Ted/EG

Should have listened to the board. Just like we should have sold out everything we had for Kanter.

When will they learn.

I doubt Wall makes it though next game. You can see they rushed him back. That knee is going to give out any minutes now. Major surgery ahead. Probably miss all of next year.
Randy - System and playing harder isn't enough. Please look up the word Strategy. And Free XMAN Otto Porter

Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686
hands11
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,463
And1: 520
Joined: May 15, 2005
Top

Post#542 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16 am by montestewart

hands11 wrote:Charlotte is going to get it together any minute now.

I knew MKG was a better option the Beal.

Another blunder by Ted/EG

Should have listened to the board. Just like we should have sold out everything we had for Kanter.

When will they learn.

I doubt Wall makes it though next game. You can see they rushed him back. That knee is going to give out any minutes now. Major surgery ahead. Probably miss all of next year.

Are you serious?
montestewart
Head Coach
Posts: 6,828
And1: 437
Joined: Feb 24, 2009
Top

Post#543 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:24 am by DaRealHibachi

hands11 wrote:Charlotte is going to get it together any minute now.

I knew MKG was a better option the Beal.

Another blunder by Ted/EG

Should have listened to the board. Just like we should have sold out everything we had for Kanter.

When will they learn.

I doubt Wall makes it though next game. You can see they rushed him back. That knee is going to give out any minutes now. Major surgery ahead. Probably miss all of next year.


Shots fired!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
On Eric Maynor, nate33 wrote:Our record in games that Wall played was roughly .500. Meanwhile, on a per48 basis, with Maynor in the game, we lose games by an average of 30 points.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,659
And1: 28
Joined: Apr 11, 2008
Location: Rebuild..?? What Rebuild..??
Top

Post#544 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 am by dangermouse

hands11 wrote:Charlotte is going to get it together any minute now.

I knew MKG was a better option the Beal.

Another blunder by Ted/EG

Should have listened to the board. Just like we should have sold out everything we had for Kanter.

When will they learn.


MKG went #2, we had #3.....

I doubt Wall makes it though next game. You can see they rushed him back. That knee is going to give out any minutes now. Major surgery ahead. Probably miss all of next year.


What are you basing this on?
Fri Jul 5, 2013 4:36 am by dangermouse
dangermouse wrote:44 is my best guess.

I think we make the playoffs, no lower than 6th seed.
dangermouse
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,907
And1: 106
Joined: Dec 8, 2009
Top

Post#545 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:23 am by closg00

Boston has been on a tear, 6-game winning streak, Green and Sullinger have been good role-players.
Nene: "If you want to go for the gold, the championship, make the team better, you need to think forward. I don’t like to talk about .500.”
closg00
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,453
And1: 111
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chocolate City Jordanaire, dangermouse, Halcyon, Illmatic21, Nivek