yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

NBA Games Discussion Thread

Moderators: WizStorm, miller31time, pineappleheadindc, LyricalRico, nate33

Post#751 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am by Chocolate City Jordanaire

MikeTheKid wrote:
AFM wrote:Harden 45/9/6 14-19 from the field. One of the best boxscores I've ever seen.

46 pimp 46

SICK!!!!!

That's how you say, "Nice trade, expletives"
Put some fun in your life!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 788

Post#752 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 am by Chocolate City Jordanaire

MikeTheKid wrote:Who would've thought after "The Decision" that the Cavs would be in a better situation than us!

I did know EG was our GM and that other teams seem to consistently do things he can't get done with the Wizards.

Cleveland has rookie Dion Waiters and 2nd-year Tristan Thompson who are going to round into key contributors and good NBA players. Kyrie is already on the way to becoming a superstar. On top of that they have multiple picks plus whatever they might get if they decide to trade a very good Anderson Varejao.
RealGM

Post#753 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 am by Chocolate City Jordanaire

closg00 wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:Austin Rivers is a pure scrub!!!

Ironic, NO got Vasquez to be a back-up and he has emerged as a decent starter while Rivers clearly should have stayed in-school.

What has been very shocking to me is that not only in Anthony Davis NOT the Rookie of the Year. It is not even close between him and Lillard. Before the season started, I didn't foresee Davis taking a long time to make a big impact.
RealGM

Post#754 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 am by tontoz

46 points on 19 shot attempts? I can't remember seeing anything like that before. And he did it on his former team lol.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 639

Post#755 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:37 am by Ruzious

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
closg00 wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:Austin Rivers is a pure scrub!!!

Ironic, NO got Vasquez to be a back-up and he has emerged as a decent starter while Rivers clearly should have stayed in-school.

What has been very shocking to me is that not only in Anthony Davis NOT the Rookie of the Year. It is not even close between him and Lillard. Before the season started, I didn't foresee Davis taking a long time to make a big impact.

Davis is easily the better rookie, imo. He's got the edge in efficiency (both eFG% and TS%), and is far better in production (PER is 21 vs Lillard's 16). He's also a defensive force, while Lillard is regarded as a below average defender.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
And1: 572

Post#756 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 am by tontoz

Ruzious wrote:Davis is easily the better rookie, imo. He's got the edge in efficiency (both eFG% and TS%), and is far better in production (PER is 21 vs Lillard's 16). He's also a defensive force, while Lillard is regarded as a below average defender.

I agree. I think the reason Lillard gets more hype is because he has exceeded people's expectations while the expectations for Davis were sky high. Davis has clearly been more productive.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 639

Post#757 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 am by GhostsOfGil

dangermouse wrote:Maybe Grunfeld has a fear of beards.

DM, I think your on to something. This past summer wasn't the first time Ernie shot down a James Harden trade.

Remember this?

Oklahoma City reportedly offered the No. 3 pick (which turned out to be James Harden) for McGee and the fifth overall pick before the 2009 draft.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 844

Post#758 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 am by nate33

Wall for Davis? Anyone?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 1,509

Post#759 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 am by nate33

GhostsOfGil wrote:
Oklahoma City reportedly offered the No. 3 pick (which turned out to be James Harden) for McGee and the fifth overall pick before the 2009 draft.

To be fair, I would have declined that trade at the time. We had no idea how good Harden would be, and McGee was oozing with potential. Trading McGee just to jump 2 spots in the draft seemed excessive.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#760 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:03 am by Nivek

Another factor working against Davis in the ROY discussion -- he got hurt early in the season. While he was sidelined, Lillard was playing well and drawing headlines as a "rookie sensation." Add in the "exceeding expectations" part and...well...reporters/analysts haven't seemed all that willing to change the narrative once it's begun to pick up steam.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 862

Post#761 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:47 pm by pancakes3

McGee may or may not have been oozing with potential but imo the bigger factor was that in '09 we were in the Rubio sweepstakes and Steph Curry was a consolation prize. Asking for a McGee kicker was just a tad too much.

Not taking the alleged offer last summer was inexcusable.
Bullets -> Wizards
pancakes3
Head Coach
And1: 200

Post#762 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 pm by queridiculo

Bingo, not trading McGee back then is a defensible move, putting yourself out of the Harden sweepstakes with the New Orleans trade is unforgivable.
..let's keep in mind that while the Wizards were trading for Okafor and Ariza, giving away a draft pick and cap room, bypassing the free agent market and rejecting a trade for Harden, Leonsis was publicly congratulating himself for being smart. - Nivek
queridiculo
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#763 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 am by FAH1223

Tony Parker >>> Chris Paul
FAH1223

Assistant Coach
And1: 407

Post#764 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 pm by Ruzious

FAH1223 wrote:Tony Parker >>> Chris Paul

Yeah, I watched that game in disbelief - as Parker dominated Paul at both ends. Granted, Parker had a little help from his friends, but SA was playing without Leonard - and it made no difference. Everyone on SA passes well and shoots well and buys into the system - all the way to the backup center. I'm still not sure how Parker scores so well inside. He's what - 6'0 maybe 180, not as good an athlete as Paul, not real explosive or super-fast to the hoop, but he's pretty much unstoppable.
"Morey plays three dimensional chess. EFG plays tic-tac-toe and can't seem to get the hang of it."
- Benjamin
Ruzious
RealGM
And1: 572

Post#765 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 pm by nate33

Ruzious wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:Tony Parker >>> Chris Paul

Yeah, I watched that game in disbelief - as Parker dominated Paul at both ends. Granted, Parker had a little help from his friends, but SA was playing without Leonard - and it made no difference. Everyone on SA passes well and shoots well and buys into the system - all the way to the backup center. I'm still not sure how Parker scores so well inside. He's what - 6'0 maybe 180, not as good an athlete as Paul, not real explosive or super-fast to the hoop, but he's pretty much unstoppable.

I think Parker is as good of an athlete as Paul. I never considered Paul to be particularly athletic or explosive. He's just incredibly savvy and skilled with the ball.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#766 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 pm by pancakes3

Ditto. Also, Parker's game has been incredible this season. He has awesome fakes, spins, and general post moves once he's down low.
Bullets -> Wizards
pancakes3
Head Coach
And1: 200

Post#767 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:06 am by Deivy202

Rudy gay 32 points of course..............
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#768 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 am by TGW

Deivy202 wrote:Rudy gay 32 points of course..............

Rudy Gay's efficiency is terrible.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
Lead Assistant
And1: 838

Post#769 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 am by montestewart

TGW wrote:

Not in that game. 32 points on 23 shots isn't too bad at all. If he played like that more often, he might even deserve his salary. But he won't. Gay's $18 million a year held Memphis back, it'll hold Toronto back, and it would have had the Wizards treading water. Don't regret Gay, regret Harden.
montestewart
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#770 Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread
Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 pm by mohammed10

montestewart wrote:
TGW wrote:

Not in that game. 32 points on 23 shots isn't too bad at all. If he played like that more often, he might even deserve his salary. But he won't. Gay's $18 million a year held Memphis back, it'll hold Toronto back, and it would have had the Wizards treading water. Don't regret Gay, regret Harden.

No thanks. I'll regret both...

Oh what could have been... :roll:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
mohammed10

Assistant Coach
And1: 144

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards