Official 2013 Draft Thread - Part I

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!! 

Post#81 » by nate33 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Mizerooskie wrote:So, any chance the Janchise yields a mid-to-late first rounder? Would love to get one of Withey, Adams, or Nash along with Muhammed, Noel, Zeller, Len, or Poythress.

If he did, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I'd trade Vesely for any first round pick, whether it's in the teens or number 30.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#82 » by nate33 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 pm

daSwami wrote:Aaron Craft is still my guy in some sort of trade down scenario. We'll need him after Wall's inevitable bolting for greener pastures.

Aaron Craft may well be my favorite college basketball player of all time. I'm not saying he's a great college player, just that I absolutely love the way he plays.

I think he could be about as good as a prime Kirk Hinrich. The kid plays absolutely disruptive defense. If he ever develops a knock-down 3-point shot, he could be a quality starter in this league.
Mizerooskie
Junior
And1: 36

Post#83 » by Mizerooskie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm

nate33 wrote:
Mizerooskie wrote:So, any chance the Janchise yields a mid-to-late first rounder? Would love to get one of Withey, Adams, or Nash along with Muhammed, Noel, Zeller, Len, or Poythress.

If he did, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I'd trade Vesely for any first round pick, whether it's in the teens or number 30.

Yeah, I think we're past that point though. He just hasn't developed at all. Nobody expected him to do much on the offensive end, but one would assume he'd at least be able to improve his rebounding and defense to the point where he'd be a valuable energy guy of the bench. The guy has more fouls than points this season. Alas, the organization blows at developing talent, for the most part.

The whole damn thing needs to be torn down, and we're still in the 'rebuild'. New GM, new coaching staff, new scouting staff, new training staff. Then focusing on getting players that will complement and enhance Wall, Beal, and Seraphin.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#84 » by mhd » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am

Heads up, Alex Len on Espn 2 tonight for Maryland-Northwestern
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#85 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:42 pm

man, Zeller is the gosh darn truth. he's kevin love if kevin love actually played in the post.
Bullets -> Wizards
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#86 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 pm

nate33 wrote:
daSwami wrote:Aaron Craft is still my guy in some sort of trade down scenario. We'll need him after Wall's inevitable bolting for greener pastures.

Aaron Craft may well be my favorite college basketball player of all time. I'm not saying he's a great college player, just that I absolutely love the way he plays.

I think he could be about as good as a prime Kirk Hinrich. The kid plays absolutely disruptive defense. If he ever develops a knock-down 3-point shot, he could be a quality starter in this league.

Craft rated well in YODA last season. He's a freaky athlete -- incredible quickness and strength, tough as hell, incredible anticipation. I think he'll make a good pro.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#87 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 pm

mhd wrote:Heads up, Alex Len on Espn 2 tonight for Maryland-Northwestern

What a second half by Len and the Terps!

As a Terps fan, I wish Len would stay one more season because with added strength I think he could be the top pick in the draft. Also, Maryland could win it all in one season with this current squad IMO. The Terps are a very dominating rebounding team. Len plays with passion and he is getting better and better with added strength.

I'm also impressed with Dez Wells. He reminds me of Shannon Brown. Wells will be an NBA player who scores points in bunches IMO.

Another guy on the Terps who is very impressive is the freshman, Charles Mitchell. He's short but extremely strong and terrific on the glass.

I watched the Terps and thought that team is more balanced than the Wizards. They are better than UNC and they will finish no worse than third in the ACC IMO. The Terps can win the ACC tournament and they will have a winning conference record for sure.

Alex Len doesn't catch and finish well off the bounce yet, IMO. His hands are still weak and his core strength seems to be lacking to me. He could use a bit more girth. Regardless, Alex Len is WAY better than Vesely and many other NBA big men already. What a talent! Len is a true post player who's not unlike Tim Duncan.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#88 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Nivek wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Craft rated well in YODA last season. He's a freaky athlete -- incredible quickness and strength, tough as hell, incredible anticipation. I think he'll make a good pro.

I like Craft, Marcus Smart, C. J. McCulloch and a few others in this draft. There are many bigs in this draft, and you won't hear Craft mentioned much unless Ohio State does well in the Final Four; but he is an impact player IMO.

So is a guy the scouts love to hate, Doug McDermott. I think he will be a Darius Songaila-type player. Brandon Bass has a much more powerful physique, and Carl Landry is also stronger and quicker but I think McDermott will be a good NBA role player. Singler, Korver, guys who can shoot are needed. McDermott is one of my favorite college players because he moves off the ball like Rip Hamilton or Reggie Miller. (FWIW -- I predict McDermott and his teammate, Gregory Echenique, will do well in the NCAAs and both will be drafted. Echenique is a solid player but a little undersized at PF.)

Craft plays defense and is a tenacious player.

Marcus Smart might be a star at the next level.
Bye bye Beal.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#89 » by BruceO » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

how are the current prospects rating in yoda? poythress, shabazz, otto porter, tony mitchell, cody zeller, alex len, nerlens noel and whoever else you need to add. on the wing i like poythress and shabazz and len, zeller and noel as bigs. also like cj as a pg
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#90 » by Jay81 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:08 pm

here is an intro to our newest wizard for next year. Wingspan of 7-9!

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rudy-Gobert-5878/
BruceO
Sixth Man

Post#91 » by BruceO » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm

damn jay..now you've jinxed us into another long euro. i hope we can maintain enough of a lead on last place and guaranteed top three. zeller, poythrees or shabazz. granted len, gobbert, noel, cj will be good as well. but i want someone legit from the start not another project
kirubel94
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#92 » by kirubel94 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:40 pm

I have been very impressed with Archie Goodwin, really wouldn't mind drafting him, people are sleeping on him right now but if he continues playing well, he will be a top 3 pick. He is a bit of D.Wade/R.Westbrook clone. Who knows J.Wall might even leave us soon.....
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#93 » by Nivek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm

BruceO wrote:how are the current prospects rating in yoda? poythress, shabazz, otto porter, tony mitchell, cody zeller, alex len, nerlens noel and whoever else you need to add. on the wing i like poythress and shabazz and len, zeller and noel as bigs. also like cj as a pg

Haven't even started analyzing prospects for next year's draft. If I get some time, I can look at some of the guys considered to be top picks. YODA gives a standardized score so I can estimate what range they "should be" picked based on their numbers.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
RealGM

Post#94 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 pm

BruceO wrote:how are the current prospects rating in yoda? poythress, shabazz, otto porter, tony mitchell, cody zeller, alex len, nerlens noel and whoever else you need to add. on the wing i like poythress and shabazz and len, zeller and noel as bigs. also like cj as a pg

Otto Porter is a very special talent.

Glad you mentioned him, Bruce. Hopefully, he fully recovers from the concussion symptoms soon. He's the type of player the Wizards do not have. He has that Grant Hill, Paul George physique with athleticism and a lot of offensive potential.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#95 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 pm

kirubel94 wrote:I have been very impressed with Archie Goodwin, really wouldn't mind drafting him, people are sleeping on him right now but if he continues playing well, he will be a top 3 pick. He is a bit of D.Wade/R.Westbrook clone. Who knows J.Wall might even leave us soon.....

kirubel94, before I read this full post, after reading the name Archie Goodwin, my thought was he's got the same kind of continuation and finish-at-the-rim ability that Russell Westbrook has.

What's not to like about Goodwin?

Maybe I'm gushing with enthusiasm today. I will watch players and look more at what they do incorrectly or fail to display over the course of the season. My first impression of Goodwin is that he will be an elite scorer in the NBA. He has the stuff Wade and Westbrook have. You can't teach that.
Bye bye Beal.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#96 » by tontoz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Nivek wrote:

Haven't even started analyzing prospects for next year's draft. If I get some time, I can look at some of the guys considered to be top picks. YODA gives a standardized score so I can estimate what range they "should be" picked based on their numbers.

Realistically it is too early to get any meaningful numbers anyway since so many of the strong teams start out with a cupcake non-conference schedule.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
kirubel94
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#97 » by kirubel94 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
kirubel94 wrote:I have been very impressed with Archie Goodwin, really wouldn't mind drafting him, people are sleeping on him right now but if he continues playing well, he will be a top 3 pick. He is a bit of D.Wade/R.Westbrook clone. Who knows J.Wall might even leave us soon.....

kirubel94, before I read this full post, after reading the name Archie Goodwin, my thought was he's got the same kind of continuation and finish-at-the-rim ability that Russell Westbrook has.

What's not to like about Goodwin?

Maybe I'm gushing with enthusiasm today. I will watch players and look more at what they do incorrectly or fail to display over the course of the season. My first impression of Goodwin is that he will be an elite scorer in the NBA. He has the stuff Wade and Westbrook have. You can't teach that.

Couldn't agree more, people might see the Westbrook comparison and run away but look at Westbrook's numbers this year, it can be said that he has finally learned to be an effective point guard. I will wait and see how the year plays out before judging other prospects but i am surely impressed by what i have seen so far from Goodwin.
BruceO
Sixth Man

Post#98 » by BruceO » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

aside from fg percentage beal and wall are playing par course for harden and westbrook, even rose. but i'd actually give away beal for a lotto pick next year and hope to pick high. also give away seraphin to a lotto team for their pick come away with three picks. get goodwin or shabazz to replace beal. poythress and len, noel or zeller to replace seraphin. consolidate ariza, ves and crawford for deng who imo could be available and have nene, wall, deng, poythress, goodwin and zeller, noel or len as our top six
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#99 » by Knighthonor » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Jay81 wrote:here is an intro to our newest wizard for next year. Wingspan of 7-9!

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rudy-Gobert-5878/

wow

reminds me of Mcgee, darn why they get rid of him?

But is it possible for the Wiz to get a C and a SG in this draft so next year they can try to get Wiggins/Parker as SF?
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#100 » by Knighthonor » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:18 pm

hey Draftexpress has Poythress http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ale ... ress-6286/
listed as a PF.

Shouldn't Wizards get a C to go along side KS?
next year draft looks to have all star SF talent, which Wizards really really need.

Return to Washington Wizards