ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2013 Draft Thread - Part I

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JAR69
Senior
And1: 224

Re: Official 2013 Draft Thread - Part I 

Post#681 » by JAR69 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Just a plug for Victor Oladipo. Currently shooting 66.4%, 72.0 TS%. Already projected as a likely late 1st round pick. Will be a good backup shooting guard.
"It takes talent, strategy and millions of dollars to compete in the N.B.A. But regret is the league’s greatest currency." - Howard Beck
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#682 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 am

DCZards wrote:I'm a G'Town fan and I love Porter. But I just don't see the comparison to Batum. He doesn't have that kind of shooting range. Porter is a high IQ, instinctive player, a great rebounder and a long, decent defender. I'd like to see Otto in a Zard uni but I'm worried about his ability to create his own offense. His handle is suspect.

While he has struggled this season, I still think McAdoo is a mid to late lottery pick. He already has an NBA body and once he gets with a pro team, instead of a bunch of so-so UNC players, I expect McAdoo to develop into a very good NBA PF.

So he is a young Trevor A ?

Not saying that is a bad thing. I saw Porter and he is on the list. Looks like a good NBA body, good D. Like to talk on defense. Those are good signs of basketball maturity.

Duke vs Miami on. Duke getting crushed.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330232390
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#683 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

Duke has no business at #1. None.

The good thing is Miami beat Maryland. Knocking off Duke will help their RPI. Maryland is a bubble team and losing to Miami won't be as bad if Miami is top-3 in the RPI.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#684 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Duke has no business at #1. None.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330230084

Indiana vs Penn State.

Cody Z with 7 board and 2 pts in the half

Still not seeing anyone who has caught my interest other then Noel, Potter and maybe Leslie

Shabazz is good at catch and shoot but not as a number 1.
Len is a big NO
Poythress to soft
Plumlee has a nice body. He will be useful at least as a back up center. We could use him.

Noel, Potter, Plumlee,, Zeller Any would be nice to get.
hands11
Banned User

Post#685 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:24 am

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... or-oladipo

Get this kid.

6-5. Long arms. Good shooter. Nice handles. Can break you down. Active moving the ball. active defender all the way to full court. Moved his feet. Bring the ball up sometimes. Great motor. Never stopped moving.

Kid looked great.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#686 » by mhd » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 am

I wonder if our lotto pick+Ariza would land Gallinari if we slip into the 5-10 range?

Denver clears a bit of longterm salary and gets a pretty high lotto pick. Gallo is pretty underrated IMO.
hands11
Banned User

Post#687 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 am

mhd wrote:I wonder if our lotto pick+Ariza would land Gallinari if we slip into the 5-10 range?

Denver clears a bit of longterm salary and gets a pretty high lotto pick. Gallo is pretty underrated IMO.

Oh God no. I hate that guy. Every time I see him on the floor I want to slap him.

Id rather the team suck then have players like that.
RealGM

Post#688 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 am

Kenny Kadji will be 25 on draft night. Otherwise, his draft stock would be high.

Kadji reminds me of Sam Perkins. Not quite as good a rebounder, but he has a lot more mobility and better handles. His dunk on one end and spectacular rejection of Plumlee on the other will make Sportscenter and probably a few scouting videos.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#689 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 am

Shane Larkin is the quickest player I've ever watched. When Miami played in a Christmas tournament in Hawaii, I noticed Larkin was much quicker than anyone else on the court.

He's very tiny but it wouldn't surprise me if Larkin makes a living abroad playing basketball. I would give him an outside shot to make an NBA roster.
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#690 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 am

I think otto porter is more of a tayshaun prince type guy. his skill set is really close to prince and his style of play is close as well. body wise they are close to. I think otto porter is prince 2.0.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#691 » by dangermouse » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 am

I wouldnt take a young Prince with a high pick, or a Batum.

It seems like Shabazz is too one-dimensional to be picked really high, too. Shame, i love his name.

I think im leaning towards Nerlens at the moment. If he turns out to be a Noah type of centre then thats just what we need.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,152

Post#692 » by AFM » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Don't worry dangermouse, we'll play ourselves out of an early lottery pick.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#693 » by DMVleGeND » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm

AFM wrote:Don't worry dangermouse, we'll play ourselves out of an early lottery pick.

And we'' think we've turned the corner and retain everyone in this current regime.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
hands11
Banned User

Post#694 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I think otto porter is more of a tayshaun prince type guy. his skill set is really close to prince and his style of play is close as well. body wise they are close to. I think otto porter is prince 2.0.

Actually I did get a flash of that watching him. Just how he moved sometimes.

So what about Victor.

He is going to make some team happy.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#695 » by Dark Faze » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:13 pm

dangermouse wrote:I wouldnt take a young Prince with a high pick, or a Batum.

It seems like Shabazz is too one-dimensional to be picked really high, too. Shame, i love his name.

I think im leaning towards Nerlens at the moment. If he turns out to be a Noah type of centre then thats just what we need.

why is he too one dimensional?

The question is does he have the most potential as a scorer in this draft? Because that's what we need. We don't need anything else from other than some defense.

We have a lot of guys who pass the ball too much, having someone who can score efficiently in the starting lineup would be wise.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#696 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

hands11 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I think otto porter is more of a tayshaun prince type guy. his skill set is really close to prince and his style of play is close as well. body wise they are close to. I think otto porter is prince 2.0.

Actually I did get a flash of that watching him. Just how moved sometimes.

So what about Victor.

He is going to make some team happy.

Yeah, i mean i would take a young Tayshaun prince any day of the week!!! he is a good constant high character guy who plays D and give effort on both sides of the floor and he can score to.

and Oladipo will be a good bench shooter OR he could even be a starter because he plays D and can shoot. But he shoots well. i would take him late but he might sneak up in the draft.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#697 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Dark Faze wrote:

I was watching ESPN the other night and the topic of Muhammad came up.

Basically, the panel said he was one dimensional because he's primarily a catch and shoot player.

Doesn't create well off the bounce etc.

And from what the 4 games I've seen I'm inclined to agree.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#698 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:

I was watching ESPN the other night and the topic of Muhammad came up.

Basically, the panel said he was one dimensional because he's primarily a catch and shoot player.

Doesn't create well off the bounce etc.

And from what the 4 games I've seen I'm inclined to agree.

While I concur that he needs to do something besides shoot to warrant being the 1st pick, you simply can't score as much as he does by just being a catch and shoot player. He scores in all kinds of ways. He does score in the flow of the offense and doesn't monopolize the ball - and those are good things. Unfortunately, some people get that confused with not being able to create. He does create, but he only creates for himself. If he created for others on occasion, his value would be higher.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#699 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:Unfortunately, some people get that confused with not being able to create. He does create, but he only creates for himself. If he created for others on occasion, his value would be higher.

I think by "create" they mean someone who you just give the ball to and he's able to beat you off the dribble.

That's not Muhammad. At least not consistently.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#700 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Well, he has the ability to put the ball in the basket as well as anyone in the nation - though he has been slumping lately. Tonight's a good game to watch - UCLA v AZ. Bazz' teammate, Kyle Anderson might be a more interesting watch - as he's much more multi-faceted, and he's moving that terrible FG% up. If he keeps improving, he could be a top 10 pick.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards