2014To PHXOwn
2015OwnOwn
2016OwnOwn
2017OwnOwn
2018OwnOwn

See complete Washington Wizards future draft pick summary

Official 2013 Draft Thread - Part I

Moderators: LyricalRico, WizStorm, miller31time, nate33

Post#376 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:58 am by mhd

Heads up, Alex Len against Va Tech for Terps ACC opener at noon.
mhd
Head Coach
And1: 116

Post#377 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:20 pm by closg00

Wiz have a 4-game lead in the tank battle. Charlotte, NO, and Cleveland are all tied for 2nd worst team with 8 wins ea. After John returns I think it would be realistic to expect that we will get ourselves out of that bottom position.
http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/1
Nene: "If you want to go for the gold, the championship, make the team better, you need to think forward. I don’t like to talk about .500.”
closg00
RealGM
And1: 109

Post#378 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:30 pm by tontoz

closg00 wrote:Wiz have a 4-game lead in the tank battle. Charlotte, NO, and Cleveland are all tied for 2nd worst team with 8 wins ea. After John returns I think it would be realistic to expect that we will get ourselves out of that bottom position.

AV should be back this week for the Cavs and Eric Gordon is back for the Hornets. I think the real tank competition will come from the Cats. They really suck.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 289

Post#379 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:27 pm by Induveca

tontoz wrote:
closg00 wrote:Wiz have a 4-game lead in the tank battle. Charlotte, NO, and Cleveland are all tied for 2nd worst team with 8 wins ea. After John returns I think it would be realistic to expect that we will get ourselves out of that bottom position.

AV should be back this week for the Cavs and Eric Gordon is back for the Hornets. I think the real tank competition will come from the Cats. They really suck.

Agreed I had the misfortune of watching a few Bobcats games this year.....I actually thought they would improve. They are unbelievably bad. That hot start, not sure what happened there.

Kemba Walker reminds me a lot of Juan Dixon. That's not a good thing in the pros. I say that with a heavy heart, as Walker grew up in the same building as some of my family in the Bronx. By all accounts he is a really good kid.
Induveca

Lead Assistant
And1: 38

Post#380 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:18 pm by nate33

This team will definitely get better when Wall gets back. If Wall is worth just one extra point per game, it would make a significant difference in our win-loss record. With one extra point per game, our current record would be 9-23 instead of 4-28. And I expect Wall to be worth more than 1 point.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 768

Post#381 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:25 pm by Nivek

Induveca wrote:
tontoz wrote:

Agreed I had the misfortune of watching a few Bobcats games this year.....I actually thought they would improve. They are unbelievably bad. That hot start, not sure what happened there.

Kemba Walker reminds me a lot of Juan Dixon. That's not a good thing in the pros. I say that with a heavy heart, as Walker grew up in the same building as some of my family in the Bronx. By all accounts he is a really good kid.

It wasn't actually a hot start, it was randomness. A 20-win team has something like a 50/50 chance of winning 3 in a row at some point in an 82-game season. What matters is what a team does over time, not for a couple weeks here or or there.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 445

Post#382 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:47 pm by Chocolate City Jordanaire

Nik Stauskas is a freshman starter for #2 Michigan. He is the nation's leader in 3pt%.

I'd say that is as close to automatic as it gets, hitting 45 of 50 free throws.

Not to be one-dimensional, he works hard on his ball handling, too.

1. Games 1 & 2 wins over Chicago were NOT flukes.
2. Game 3 needs to be a definitive statement game.
3. I expect AARP guys to get major burn at home.
4. Gortat got mugged in Chicago but he will shine at home.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 300

Post#383 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:14 pm by Halcyon

Stauskus is a helluva shooter. I would love to have him eventually as a Korver-type of player off the bench.
Halcyon
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#384 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:17 pm by Dark Faze

What do we do if we get the 2nd or 3rd overall pick?

I mean we can't seriously put any thought into getting Nerlens or Zeller right? Especially with how deep we are at PF/C already. Nerlens is intriguing but is probably going to take until his next contract to help a team win games. Zeller looks like a backup big in the mold of Collison.
Dark Faze
Bench Warmer
And1: 90

Post#385 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:28 pm by Floater

Dark Faze wrote:What do we do if we get the 2nd or 3rd overall pick?

I mean we can't seriously put any thought into getting Nerlens or Zeller right? Especially with how deep we are at PF/C already. Nerlens is intriguing but is probably going to take until his next contract to help a team win games. Zeller looks like a backup big in the mold of Collison.

Are we really THAT deep at any position other than PG (Not really deep but we aren't taking one in the 1st)? I don't want Zeller but if BPA is a center like Len or Noel, why not take him? Is Seraphin really the center of the future? Okafor won't be here after next year, unless he signs a really cheap deal.

Right now my board is probably:
1: Shabazz
2: Noel
3: Bennett
4: Len
Floater
Junior
And1: 42

Post#386 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:31 pm by Nivek

Depth? The Wizards have no depth anywhere. They need to pick the best available player.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 445

Post#387 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:38 pm by nate33

Floater wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:What do we do if we get the 2nd or 3rd overall pick?

Are we really THAT deep at any position other than PG (Not really deep but we aren't taking one in the 1st)? I don't want Zeller but if BPA is a center like Len or Noel, why not take him? Is Seraphin really the center of the future? Okafor won't be here after next year, unless he signs a really cheap deal.

Right now my board is probably:
1: Shabazz
2: Noel
3: Bennett
4: Len

Small correction: Nene is here for two more years after this one.

But I agree to your greater point. If a center is the best player available, then by all means, take him. I think the Wizards should trade Okafor by the Trade Deadline, which would free up some room. A 3-big rotation of Nene, Rookie and Seraphin should work fine, with Booker getting any of the surplus minutes at PF.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 768

Post#388 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:08 pm by AFM

Shabazz with another good game. 23 and 10 boards, 50% FG and 3% shooting. Shooting 50% from the 3 for the year...
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
And1: 642

Post#389 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:23 pm by jangles86

Is Shabazz a 3?
jangles86

Junior
And1: 17

Post#390 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:46 pm by Rafael122

jangles86 wrote:Is Shabazz a 3?

Yep.

He and McLemore are my top 2 choices.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#391 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:28 pm by bawizards

Can McLemore play small forward though?
bawizards
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#392 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:32 pm by AFM

He's 6'4.5" with shoes on... probably not...
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
And1: 642

Post#393 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:02 pm by gambitx777

WoW , guys we take BPA, i can't believe this is even a discussion. Not taking BPA is what lead to us getting Jan and Chris and not taking one of 12 other guys who are out playing them. Now i dont think there are any jans this high up in this draft but thats not the point. We can not longer afford to waste draft picks. On need and those always promising " if they can develop X and work on Y skill they could be" guys. we take BPA ! End of story! we need talent at all positions. screw NENE, and okariza we should trade them all any way.
gambitx777
Senior
And1: 8

Post#394 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:57 am by willbcocks

Do we take BPA if he's a 6'4 two guard (Mclemore)? I don't watch college ball and I know nothing about prospects, but we can't draft a SG with a top 5 pick, and unless we're trading Wall we can't draft a PG.

I'm all for BPA, but if we plan to keep the player, it has to be BPA of all SF/PF/C. If we have a trade lined up, anything is fair game.
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#395 Re: ~~~2013 (DRAFT) thread ~~~tank it!!
Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:32 am by gambitx777

we dont know who the BPA will be yet. other than the box scores we have to look at the personality of the player. we just have to wait and see, i say once the picks are locked in, if we get the first and either charlote or the cavs get the 2ed we swap with them and try to steal their second first round pick. also with one of our seconds we should take a good hard look at ryan kelly. for real, the guy can play.
gambitx777
Senior
And1: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards