ImageImageImageImageImage

What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup???

Moderators: WizStorm, nate33, miller31time, pineappleheadindc, LyricalRico

AWIZZINGBULLET
Senior
Posts: 731
And1: 30
Joined: Apr 08, 2012

What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#1 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 am

I'm starting to lose faith in Randy Wittman as a coach to a degree; if no changes to the starting lineup occur soon, ---if not tonight--- after the 76 point performance against one of the league's worst defenses last night in Charlotte, I'm not sure the attention to defense that he's got the team playing with should be enough to keep him off the hot seat even when considering the injuries to John Wall and Nene. The team has to start putting up points from the outset of games I think to give the Wizards a better chance at getting a win. If some type of adjustment isn't made tonight I'll be completely dumbfounded. The team has to stay afloat while Wall and Nene are away and Wittman has yet to shuffle things around to get better offensive production.

This is the starting lineup I would go with to try and get the offense going early:

PG: Jordan Crawford---A.J. Price/Janerro Pargo
SG: Bradley Beal---Cartier Martin
SF:Martell Webster---Trevor Ariza/Chris Singleton
PF:Kevin Seraphin---Trevor Booker/Jan Vesely
C:Emeka Okafor/Earl Barron
User avatar
queridiculo
Head Coach
Posts: 6,133
And1: 519
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: fomerly known as hermitkid
         

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#2 » by queridiculo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 am

Can't stand Crawford, but I have feeling he'd run the offense a bit more competent than Price and Pargo.

The lineup you posted is certainly something I'd be willing to give a shot.

Don't like Okafor and Seraphin's inability to matchup laterally with some of the quicker PFs in the game, but I like the matchup problem it can create on offense.

I think Okafor would be quite effective playing on the weakside with Seraphin as the featured low post option.

Vesely would see some time at PF alongside Barron, and depending on matchups as center running with Booker.
..let's keep in mind that while the Wizards were trading for Okafor and Ariza, giving away a draft pick and cap room, bypassing the free agent market and rejecting a trade for Harden, Leonsis was publicly congratulating himself for being smart. - Nivek
User avatar
TGW
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,286
And1: 884
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#3 » by TGW » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 am

I would try the suggested lineup as well. See how it works. It can't get any worse than what we've seen at this point.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,865
And1: 97
Joined: Feb 15, 2012

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#4 » by Knighthonor » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:09 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:I'm starting to lose faith in Randy Wittman as a coach to a degree; if no changes to the starting lineup occur soon, ---if not tonight--- after the 76 point performance against one of the league's worst defenses last night in Charlotte, I'm not sure the attention to defense that he's got the team playing with should be enough to keep him off the hot seat even when considering the injuries to John Wall and Nene. The team has to start putting up points from the outset of games I think to give the Wizards a better chance at getting a win. If some type of adjustment isn't made tonight I'll be completely dumbfounded. The team has to stay afloat while Wall and Nene are away and Wittman has yet to shuffle things around to get better offensive production.

This is the starting lineup I would go with to try and get the offense going early:

PG: Jordan Crawford---A.J. Price/Janerro Pargo
SG: Bradley Beal---Cartier Martin
SF:Martell Webster---Trevor Ariza/Chris Singleton
PF:Kevin Seraphin---Trevor Booker/Jan Vesely
C:Emeka Okafor/Earl Barron

(Insert) What you just said.
User avatar
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
Posts: 8,423
And1: 884
Joined: Jul 06, 2006

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#5 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:16 am

Wow just looked at the on off numbers. 82 games has Ariza with a -19 +/- :o
User avatar
Dat2U
RealGM
Posts: 17,040
And1: 1,162
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
       

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#6 » by Dat2U » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 am

PF Chris Singleton (28 mins) / Trevor Booker (20 mins) / Jan Vesely
SF Martell Webster (24 mins) / Trevor Ariza (24 mins) / Cartier Martin
CE Kevin Seraphin (28 mins) / Emeka Okafor (20 mins) / Earl Barron
SG Bradley Beal (32 mins) /
PG Jordan Crawford (36 mins) / A.J. Price ( 28 mins) / Jannero Pargo
Sig bet w/ ibraheim718 - I guarantee less than 20 wins for Lakers this year
User avatar
AFM
Veteran
Posts: 2,540
And1: 933
Joined: May 25, 2012

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#7 » by AFM » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 am

Any of the 5 Wizards Girls.
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
montestewart
General Manager
Posts: 8,200
And1: 1,087
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#8 » by montestewart » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:02 am

Dat2U wrote:PF Chris Singleton (28 mins) / Trevor Booker (20 mins) / Jan Vesely
SF Martell Webster (24 mins) / Trevor Ariza (24 mins) / Cartier Martin
CE Kevin Seraphin (28 mins) / Emeka Okafor (20 mins) / Earl Barron
SG Bradley Beal (32 mins) /
PG Jordan Crawford (36 mins) / A.J. Price ( 28 mins) / Jannero Pargo

(Price 18 mins, right?(. I like that much more as far as giving them a chance to not fall behind right away. Not much bench scoring (maybe Martin could get more wing minutes) but really, they can't afford to hold any shooters in reserve.
User avatar
hands11
RealGM
Posts: 28,372
And1: 1,984
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#9 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1123979&start=390

I think this has been litigated in here.
Step by Step - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1269473&start=45&p=36843686&view=show#p36843686

Why so many poster have hotties as avatars. If anything screams can't get any, that would be it.
fugop
Veteran
Posts: 2,744
And1: 9
Joined: Aug 09, 2004

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#10 » by fugop » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 am

Price / ?
Beal / Martin
Webster / Singleton
Seraphin / Booker
Okafor / Barron

Crawford, Vesely, Ariza, gone...
AWIZZINGBULLET
Senior
Posts: 731
And1: 30
Joined: Apr 08, 2012

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#11 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 am

fugop wrote:Price / ?
Beal / Martin
Webster / Singleton
Seraphin / Booker
Okafor / Barron

Crawford, Vesely, Ariza, gone...


The three at the bottom are actually part of a trade deal (along with a draft pick) that I considered to acquire Luol Deng from the Bulls.
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 40,017
And1: 1,783
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#12 » by nate33 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 am

Price
Martin
Webster
Singleton
Barron

I'd honestly consider this just as a reprimand for the crappy play of our existing starters. I'd like to bench Price as well, but he's the only guy who is even remotely capable of getting this team into an offensive set. After I calm down a bit, I might go ahead and start Seraphin instead of Barron.
User avatar
willbcocks
Analyst
Posts: 3,393
And1: 18
Joined: Mar 17, 2003
Location: Wall-E has come to save Washington!

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#13 » by willbcocks » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 am

It's impressive that we don't have a single guy on our roster playing at average starter level.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Senior
Posts: 731
And1: 30
Joined: Apr 08, 2012

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#14 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 am

Crawford finishes with eight assists, wonder how long it is before Wittman realizes Crawford should be given the nod at PG and paired with Beal. And who knows how long it'll take before Wittman realizes that Jan Vesely is no difference maker.
User avatar
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 28,757
And1: 300
Joined: May 23, 2002
Location: In Ernie We Trust!
Contact:
   

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#15 » by LyricalRico » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 pm

What about starting Okafor and Seraphin together? Neither is a PF, but they'd probably give us more than we're getting from Booker and Vesely. And it would open up minutes at backup C for Earl Barron, who seems to be decent whenever he plays. Should also help us in the boards so we're not giving up so may second chance points.
dobrojim
RealGM
Posts: 11,518
And1: 287
Joined: Sep 16, 2004

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#16 » by dobrojim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Okafor (did a nice job on Hibbert in IND)
Seraphin (who else we got?)
Martin
Beal
Crawford
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity
AWIZZINGBULLET
Senior
Posts: 731
And1: 30
Joined: Apr 08, 2012

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#17 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm

dobrojim wrote:Okafor (did a nice job on Hibbert in IND)
Seraphin (who else we got?)
Martin
Beal
Crawford


Could always go Booker at PF. I see a little PF in Earl Barron too.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Senior
Posts: 731
And1: 30
Joined: Apr 08, 2012

Re: What's Your Wall/Nene-less Starting Lineup??? 

Post#18 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 am

If Wittman would just insert Seraphin back into the starting lineup my projected lineup would be complete and I'm sure it would lead to one of the more productive 1st quarters. His rebounding is much appreciated and his defense is always present but other than that, I don't know why Singleton is starting over Seraphin at PF.

Return to Washington Wizards


Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], lilroddyb