yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Line Up changes coming

Moderators: LyricalRico, pineappleheadindc, WizStorm, nate33, miller31time

Post#1 Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm by loot

Randy Wittman said that lineup changes could be coming for the Wizards.
This certainly makes sense for the only NBA team without a win. Kevin Seraphin has played well this season in his 22 minutes per game off the bench and one would think he's earned the starting distinction. He's coming off a 16-point game and we'd sign off on picking him up in some formats. Bradley Beal has also been struggling and has made just 16 percent of his 25 field goals in the last two games, but hanging on for a little longer seems like the right move for the rookie. It could even involve Trevor Ariza moving out of the starting lineup.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball and https://twitter.com/Truth_About_It/stat ... 5943676928

Ariza to the bench.... Singleton or Webster in? I'd say Webster probably. Seraphin in as well?

Thoughts?
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50

Post#2 Re: Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 pm by jking

Seraphin HAS to be starting. It makes no sense that hes not.
jking
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 Re: Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 pm by closg00

Rotation thread #3
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 191

Post#4 Re: Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Nivek

Wittman should try some theme lineups.

SOMEONE GOTTA SHOOT (or turn it over) -- Price, Crawford, Martin, Seraphin, Barron

NEED A MISS -- Price, Beal, Ariza, Okafor, Singleton

NO PASSING -- Barron, Martin, Okafor, Vesely, Beal
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 641

Post#5 Re: Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 pm by miller31time

Seems even more appropriate in this thread...

Spence wrote:Image
miller31time
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 413

Post#6 Re: Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 pm by GhostsOfGil

Within 5 games, I expect Livingston to take over the starting 1 spot. I would like to see SL, Beal, Martel, Booker, Seraphin.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 702

Post#7 Re: Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:18 pm by AFM

I want to see Vesely run the point. It's time to think outside the box.
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
And1: 773

Post#8 Re: Line Up changes coming
Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:34 pm by queridiculo

I'm looking at that starting five and I don't see how a little tweak could give us a more coherent lineup.

The pieces simply don't appear to fit together very well. No credible post option, nobody that can break down a defender and get into the lane and most importantly no reliable mid range game by anybody in the starting five.

With the exception of Ariza and perhaps Beal, I'd completely blow this starting lineup apart.

Crawford
Beal/Webster
Ariza
Singleton
Seraphin

I know some people around here like Booker, but to me he seems completely overmatched as starting PF. He's a blackhole on offense and can not be counted to consistently produce on the defensive glass.

Singleton isn't a natural 4, but I thought he's been quite effective playing the position in spot duty.
..let's keep in mind that while the Wizards were trading for Okafor and Ariza, giving away a draft pick and cap room, bypassing the free agent market and rejecting a trade for Harden, Leonsis was publicly congratulating himself for being smart. - Nivek
queridiculo
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#9 Re: Line Up changes coming
Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:06 am by FreeBalling

I wonder if the new line up will include a new GM :pray:
Missing in Action 07 February 1968 James William Holt Master Sergeant/US Army Company C, Detachment A-101, 5th Special Forces Group (Lang Vei Special Forces camp last seen)
The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
FreeBalling

Sixth Man
And1: 55

Return to Washington Wizards