ImageImageImageImageImage

Sign Livingston Longterm ASAP #1 Priority Thread!!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Sign Livingston Longterm ASAP #1 Priority Thread!! 

Post#81 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:04 am

Agree with all the recent posts.

I'm shocked he is looking this bad. Didn't see that coming. Total self check. Has no business being out there as the starter yet Randy did it anyway. Right after Crawford had an amazing game and 3x 2x. Phil said something about how rare those numbers were given he only had 1 turnover. Hadn't happened in a while. So what does Randy do, puts Livingston who has sucked all year at starting PG and put Crawford a SG where he had to run all over the place. And then puts him at back up PG which is when the team actually looked good. But as the game got into the mid 3rd, Crawford could moving at half speed. Crawford on a back to back with 40 minutes in each.

People busting on Crawford ? Wow. Kid shot 50% and was 3-6 from 3 with 6 ast and 4 rebounds 19 pts.

Anyway. Sucks that Livingston was a bust. We will see if they are to lazy to change or to committed to tanking to change. As bad as their record is, they are only 2 games behind Cleveland and NO and 4 behind Det, Sac and Charlotte.

Continuing to start Crawford at PG or adding legit back up PG help would be risky. They are in most of these games. Better coaching or legit back up PG help could really mess things up.

A few wins and they could raise to 7th worst in a blink.

Randy is either pure suck as a HC or he is the best Tank Commander ever. Started Livingston after the night Crawford had last night. :lol:
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#82 » by AFM » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 am

hands, it was the first time in franchise history to have a tripdub like that with 1 TO. And the first time in NBA history since Baron Davis did it in 2k7.
hands11
Banned User

Post#83 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 am

AFM wrote:hands, it was the first time in franchise history to have a tripdub like that with 1 TO. And the first time in NBA history since Baron Davis did it in 2k7.

Defiantly start Livingston the next game.

Look at Webster and Martins lines. Both should have played 40 right along with Crawford only Crawford should have gotten all of his at PG. Look how close the game was and for 25 minutes of it they have Livingston "leading" the team.

Randy has to be tanking. Right. He can't be this stupid can he ?

PS. how about my boy Nikola Vucevic. Sucks we didnt pick him.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#84 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:40 am

Crawford's shot selection looks similar to years past, and that merits cringes, but his results have been getting better. It's really EG rather than Crawford that I'm worried about, EG thinking that Crawford is starting to look like a player to build a team around (or some similar insanity). If Crawford continues his trend of actually showing results, he may end up being a decent 6th man someday, somewhere, and he may get the Wizards something in trade. But there's still EG making that trade. Or not.

It's not Crawford, it's not Vesely, it's not Price. It's EG, man.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#85 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 am

hands11, the Wizards only had nine players available (if you consider Vesely "unavailable"), and Beal is injured, so there are only three guards. If Crawford starts at PG and Martin at SG, Livingston would have backed up both positions. You could play Webster at SG, but he played 37 minutes the night before, so 40 minutes would have been a lot for him, and less minutes of Webster available at SF would have left them relying so much more on Singleton, since Ariza is injured, but they have been relying on him more and more at PF so...the Wizards at full strength are under-talented, and this crippled version is both under-talented and short-handed. It's not the coaching, the tank is built into the roster.
hands11
Banned User

Post#86 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 am

montestewart wrote:Crawford's shot selection looks similar to years past, and that merits cringes, but his results have been getting better. It's really EG rather than Crawford that I'm worried about, EG thinking that Crawford is starting to look like a player to build a team around (or some similar insanity). If Crawford continues his trend of actually showing results, he may end up being a decent 6th man someday, somewhere, and he may get the Wizards something in trade. But there's still EG making that trade. Or not.

It's not Crawford, it's not Vesely, it's not Price. It's EG, man.

I see them targeting him as no more then the back up SG. If we are lucky, they figure out he should be the back up PG as well. If they thought more of him then that, he would have started over Beal and he would have started tonight at PG. I see nothing that signals they are building around Crawford. If anything, they keep over looking how to use him best.

The fact he can back up both spots and start at either when needed makes him a piece I would look at keep. At least as of now. Things can change but I am in no hurry to see them move him. That wouldn't make much sense.

Beal was only out for a game most likely.
Trevor A should be back in next week.
Price is out at least until mid January. Maybe late Jan.
Wall's earliest return would be mid to late January

I think they will look better if they put Crawford back to starting PG with Beal. I want to see a few more games with that combo and Martin and Webster backing Beal up. Sucks Beal got hurt that game because they started the game with Crawford and Beal playing well together. Then they get Trevor A back next week and that should help. They will be able to run with Crawford at PG and that helps Trevor A.

What they need is to replace Livingston until Price returns. Unless they want to keep losing. If that's the case, just suffer though it until Price returns. They should pile up plenty of loses by the time Price and or Wall return.

They could have easily won tonight and the next 4 games are against easy teams.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#87 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:04 am

Honestly, I think they'll lose a lot with Mack or some other young PG too, but as others have suggested, at least they would be taking a look at someone that might work out longer term. Can't really be any worse than Livingston.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#88 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Bump.

8)
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#89 » by DMVleGeND » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Epic thread. :lol:
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#90 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Nivek wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:Just starting this thread now because i think signing livingston as our longterm backup point guard before his market value skyrockets has to be the number priority. He should be seen as our most valuable "off the court asset". Maintaining his basketball IQ from season to season and allowing him to see himself as a lifetime wizards is the single most critical move that leonsis can make. Fire grunfeld and go over the cap if you have to in order to sign livingston to a 3 year or greater deal.

Absolutely critical. I put my 10 year realgm reputation on this move. The single most important move to make this organization a dynasty.

:rofl:

Uh oh.

WD, I still love your posts. I put my reputation on Morris Almond and I refuse to believe/accept that he's not at least a role player in the NBA.

Sean Livingston didn't seem terribly enthused about being back with the Wizards. Won't surprise me if he ends up on a team like the Lakers or the Celtics, that might be able to use his skill set. There is no shame in supporting a player even when things do not pan out.
Bye bye Beal.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#91 » by Earth2Ted » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Too bad Livingston didn't work out- I really thought he was going to help us, but he just had no legs this time around. I don't think he took one guy off the dribble the entire time he was here.

As Ric Bucher tweeted this AM, if you can't stick with the Wizards you may well have reached the end of the line.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#92 » by Nivek » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:31 am

Wild idea, but maybe it's about time to stop hoping scrap heap guys will turn things around for the Wizards. Maybe it's time to get some guys who can actually play well.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#93 » by AFM » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 am

Don't be silly.

Still waiting for WizD to say something!!
hands11
Banned User

Post#94 » by hands11 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:49 am

Earth2Ted wrote:Too bad Livingston didn't work out- I really thought he was going to help us, but he just had no legs this time around. I don't think he took one guy off the dribble the entire time he was here.

As Ric Bucher tweeted this AM, if you can't stick with the Wizards you may well have reached the end of the line.

He is likely done. I guess he can go to the DL but he was cut by one team before the season started and now he was cut from the Wiz who needed a back up PG badly. And they gave him a good look at the position.

He is still only 27 so there is always a chance. Maybe he needs to go get some of those magic shots. Put one is his wrist. I mean they guy couldn't hit anything from the outside. And he turns the ball over to much.

Maybe the DL will help him find his game.

Thanks for giving it a shot SL. I wish it would have worked out but we need to move on. We need two PG if we are going to be able to compete.

Crawford and Mack should be the best combo we have had all year. Hopefully that helps, but other players are going to have to shoot better then they have. Webster, Martin and Beal need to step it up.

Maybe Cook or Almond return.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#95 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Nivek wrote:Wild idea, but maybe it's about time to stop hoping scrap heap guys will turn things around for the Wizards. Maybe it's time to get some guys who can actually play well.

James Singleton was a scrap heap guy playing in China during the lockout. He played way above his head for some games. I can only judge how he played last season. That guy hit outside shots, inside shots, and he rebounded well. Next to Nene he was the most effective Wizard down the stretch, and he was healthy. I believed before Okafor suited up for the Wizards there was likely no way he would be as effective as James Singleton.

Nivek, I feel really positive there are many Othyus Jeffers-type role players. Earl Barron balled for the Wizards until he was counted on for offense. I consider him a scrap heap success.

We're probably differing on semantics or on the Wizards' intentions. None of these guys should be leaned upon as go to scorers or saviors for a bad roster. However, I think there are more guys out of the league with serious talent than there are talented players in the league.

Look at Chris Copeland with the Knicks. Next to Kobe and Carmelo, I heard he's third in points per minute!

I believe in the scrap heap. :)
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#96 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Any reason why we can't go get James Singleton again? This team is desperate for a stretch 4 who knows how to play. Singleton would be perfect.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#97 » by tontoz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:17 pm

nate33 wrote:Any reason why we can't go get James Singleton again? This team is desperate for a stretch 4 who knows how to play. Singleton would be perfect.

Didnt he go back to China? We'll probably be seeing him later in the season.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User

Post#98 » by hands11 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:01 pm

nate33 wrote:Any reason why we can't go get James Singleton again? This team is desperate for a stretch 4 who knows how to play. Singleton would be perfect.

He has to finish his season over there first like he did last year. Cook would fill in well for now if they need a stretch post player.

Barron was the better rebounder. Cook was the better outside shooter.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#99 » by Nivek » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:41 am

Yeah ccj, I tend to like scrap heap guys too. Best piece I wrote (my favorite at least) was about Torraye Braggs. Problem is that the Wizards are comprised primarily of scrap heap guys. Get a Singleton or Jeffers to contribute in a time of need, and it's gravy. And every now and then you find an Anthony Mason or John Starks. But to be good, a team needs some do-everything nightly guys. Wiz don't have any.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#100 » by MikeTheKid » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:53 am

Didn't take long for SL to find another job:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... aive_Sloan

Return to Washington Wizards