Total votes: 162

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust 

Post#1321 » by hands11 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 3:48 am

dckingsfan wrote:
hands11 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Fouled out in 17 minutes tonight...

He actually played well. He was 3-4 and playing good D. 2-4 from the line. 1 stead, 1 block 3 rebounds

Was getting jobbed on some called. He was shutting down Marc Gasol pretty well 5-17 but Gasol getting the calls. Star treatment.

Last one Gasol hooked his arm and almost pulled him down. So they called Ves for the foul.

Did you see any of the game or you just looking at box scorers ?

Still watching the game... and no - you wouldn't call it good basketball... I wouldn't call it terrible either... yep, rookie mistake to get hooked up with Gasol.

Still that is like a foul every 3 minutes...

But isn't not terrible good for Ves ? Beside, I said he played well. No point in splitting hairs over subjective words like that. I posted the stats. And he was causing Gasol problems.

He was mixing it up pretty well with him. Gasol did pull a vet move hooking him. Refs were dumb to fall for it. Gasol was turning away from Ves and Ves was pulled backward when Gasol hooked him. Ves isn't going to try to hold a player like that. His fouls are mostly bumps by leaning or jumping. Refs know better and just didn't care.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,009

Post#1322 » by dckingsfan » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:17 pm

OK, I would not say he was "causing problems" for Gasol. Gasol already wasn't having a good game and he continued not to have a good game.

I suppose you are right, for Vesely it was a really good game. He has had a huge improvement in his game since leaving his FT% has shot to .333 and his PF/36 dropped to 6.8.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1323 » by hands11 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 3:09 am

Denver blowing out the Pelicans up 30 with 9 minutes to go

AD 11 mins 3 rebounds, 1 assist 6 pts

Ves 12 mins, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 block 6 pts

VesSanity has landed in Denver :lol:

I kid but he does look good out there. He moves around the floor really well. Set good picks and know how to play good team defense. I think he fits well on that Denver team. Maybe they go with Mozgov and Ves and try to trade McGee. Faried and Vesely look pretty good defensively. Lots of energy.

Oh and Kenneth Faried has 30 pts 13 rebounds 2 assists 3 blocks
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#1324 » by Knighthonor » Thu Apr 3, 2014 2:54 pm

hands11 wrote:Denver blowing out the Pelicans up 30 with 9 minutes to go

AD 11 mins 3 rebounds, 1 assist 6 pts

Ves 12 mins, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 block 6 pts

VesSanity has landed in Denver :lol:

I kid but he does look good out there. He moves around the floor really well. Set good picks and know how to play good team defense. I think he fits well on that Denver team. Maybe they go with Mozgov and Ves and try to trade McGee. Faried and Vesely look pretty good defensively. Lots of energy.

Oh and Kenneth Faried has 30 pts 13 rebounds 2 assists 3 blocks

Wow wtf happen?

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#1325 » by closg00 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:15 pm

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,009

Post#1326 » by dckingsfan » Thu May 29, 2014 3:49 pm

I have to believe he is going back to Europe.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#1327 » by W. Unseld » Tue Jul 8, 2014 12:50 am

dckingsfan wrote:I have to believe he is going back to Europe.

Any update?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
closg00
RealGM

Post#1328 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 1:10 am

W. Unseld wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:I have to believe he is going back to Europe.

Any update?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app

The Real Madrid again be interested by Jan Vesely, as I did last summer. The player concern to the Madrid team and are already moving threads to see what the status of the player.

The player is free after playing with Wizars half season with the Denver Nuggets, so without signed by any NBA franchise would be much easier to gain the services of this great player.

The Mirotic replacement is underway, and this may be interesting player for the entire coaching staff. Here's how he plays Jan Vesely

http://realidadblanca.com/2014/07/07/ja ... al-madrid/

Back to Europe, just a matter of where he ends-up.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1329 » by keynote » Tue Jul 8, 2014 1:14 am

Real Madrid? http://www.multivu.com/assets/64790/pho ... 1387410357

And, some folks are trying to make something of the fact that he's working out in LA. Go figure.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#1330 » by mohammed10 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:01 pm

For you Airwolf fans, looks like it's official. Jan heading back to Europe:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Luke_Mellow/status/490492682893266945[/tweet]

Apparently no one noticed his breakout performance with Denver.

Bye, Jan! :wave:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
closg00
RealGM

Post#1331 » by closg00 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:14 pm

mohammed10 wrote:For you Airwolf fans, looks like it's official. Jan heading back to Europe:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Luke_Mellow/status/490492682893266945[/tweet]

Apparently no one noticed his breakout performance with Denver.

Bye, Jan! :wave:

What a shocker!!!! You mean teams weren't clamoring to sign Jan? It's back to Europe where he always belonged.

FYI, the team he signed with isn't one of the top European teams either so...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_n ... e_rankings
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1332 » by Dat2U » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Many of us called this years ago. His NBA career was destined to be a short one.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1333 » by hands11 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Icouldn't find this thread so I posted this in the trade former wizards thread yesterday. It was a google translate so it reads a little off.

Well, at least we got a back up PG for 2 years for him. Better then nothing.

-----

If Im reading this correctly, Ves is going on sea for one year.

http://spor.haberturk.com/basketbol/hab ... e-jandarma

Denver paths separating the 24-year-old has agreed with Czech power forward Jan Vesely

reached agreement in principle and are expected to arrive within the next week in Istanbul 2 +1 year contract

Fenerbahce Ulker , Turkish Airlines Euroleague

-----
Still no Okafor sighting best I can tell. Team keep bringing his name up but I never see any intel on him. Nothing from him or his people. Just weird.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#1334 » by TGW » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Worst than the Kwame Brown draft pick.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#1335 » by Earth2Ted » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:47 pm

It was pretty clear from early on that the guy didn't want to be in the US or the NBA. And that was the big thing that we missed on. Everybody (and I remember David Aldridge saying this on draft night) thought that Jan Vesely was going to work hard- both on the court to help his team and perfect his game, and off the court to learn the language and fit in with the guys.

Obviously his lack of skills showed up every time he checked into the lineup, but I think he would have overcome that if he had half the desire that all of the scouts seemed to think that he did.

Hopefully we learned our lesson on evaluating Euros- whatever you think about Gortat, the man wants to be here in Washington, and it shows on and off the court.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1336 » by closg00 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:13 am

Earth2Ted wrote:It was pretty clear from early on that the guy didn't want to be in the US or the NBA. And that was the big thing that we missed on. Everybody (and I remember David Aldridge saying this on draft night) thought that Jan Vesely was going to work hard- both on the court to help his team and perfect his game, and off the court to learn the language and fit in with the guys.

Obviously his lack of skills showed up every time he checked into the lineup, but I think he would have overcome that if he had half the desire that all of the scouts seemed to think that he did.

Hopefully we learned our lesson on evaluating Euros- whatever you think about Gortat, the man wants to be here in Washington, and it shows on and off the court.

Jan Vesely's lack of skills made him a 2nd round pick, not a lottery pick. Ernie Grunfeld was fooled, but not most of the posters here.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1337 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:08 am

closg00 wrote:
Earth2Ted wrote:It was pretty clear from early on that the guy didn't want to be in the US or the NBA. And that was the big thing that we missed on. Everybody (and I remember David Aldridge saying this on draft night) thought that Jan Vesely was going to work hard- both on the court to help his team and perfect his game, and off the court to learn the language and fit in with the guys.

Jan Vesely's lack of skills made him a 2nd round pick, not a lottery pick. Ernie Grunfeld was fooled, but not most of the posters here.

I was on a different forum at the time and there were a lot of guys who wanted Jan, I was very loud in stating my opinion that this would be a massive mistake! Dude was always a scrub, and the sad thing is this happens all the time, someone talks a gm into thinking that this big athletic guy with no skills has a place in the NBA and can learn, because you can not teach size and athleticism. News flash, you can not teach talent either. Oh well let's hope that the front office learned from this.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1338 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Jan Vesely is returning to Europe.
The Czech forward is close to penning a deal with Fenerbahce Ulker, according to sources.

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/turk ... bahce.html

Good for him.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#1339 » by payitforward » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:57 pm

hands11 wrote:...
Well, at least we got a back up PG for 2 years for him. Better then nothing.

We traded Vesely, Maynor and a R2 pick for Miller. So we also got rid of Maynor in the trade too.

But, Denver was dying to get rid of Miller, who took up a roster spot, cost $$, and wasn't going to play because of his dispute w/the coaches.

In effect, from their POV, Denver gave us Miller and a R2 pick for Vesely. But because we were determined to dump Maynor as well, it was structured as a 3 way: Philly got the Denver R2, and they got one from us as well, in return for absorbing Maynor's salary.

So instead of getting a R2, we actually gave one! I.e. Maynor cost us 2 R2 picks to dump! Then we gave another R2 pick to acquire Humphries, and of course a R1 pick (not to mention $7m in guys to waive) for Gortat.

Mistakes are expensive! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#1340 » by MikeTheKid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Its sad many called this before he was even drafted, thanks Ernie now no more drafting Euros early!!!

Return to Washington Wizards