yardbarker

Washington Wizards All-Star Game Selections

Season Player Selection Type
2013-2014 John Wall Reserves (Coaches)
2007-2008 Caron Butler Reserves (Coaches)
2007-2008 Antawn Jamison Reserves (Coaches)
2006-2007 Gilbert Arenas Fan Vote
2006-2007 Caron Butler Reserves (Coaches)
2005-2006 Gilbert Arenas Reserves (Commissioner)

See all Washington Wizards All-Stars

Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust

Moderators: LyricalRico, WizStorm, miller31time, nate33

Is Jan Vesely a Bust?

Yes, I've seen enough, Jan Vesely is a Bust for a 6th pick
75%
No, let's wait to see how he plays with JW and Nene
25%

Total votes : 157

Post#136 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 pm by popper

closg00 wrote:The air-balled FT's and hot potato basketball passing are related obviously. In a re-draft Jan might be a mid 2nd rounder. After workouts, perhaps not drafted at all.

The Wiz staff were supposedly unanimous about picking Jan according to Mike Lee, but now I think that quote was another clever leak by Grunfeld himself. If the staff were truly unanimous, then Grunfeld is surrounded by Rico's :)
I think it's a lie that they were unanimous....one would hope right?

I have to agree. The entire scouting staff can't be as clueless as EG.
popper
Bench Warmer
And1: 34

Post#137 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm by montestewart

popper wrote:
closg00 wrote:The air-balled FT's and hot potato basketball passing are related obviously. In a re-draft Jan might be a mid 2nd rounder. After workouts, perhaps not drafted at all.

The Wiz staff were supposedly unanimous about picking Jan according to Mike Lee, but now I think that quote was another clever leak by Grunfeld himself. If the staff were truly unanimous, then Grunfeld is surrounded by Rico's :)

It's been suggested that management has cultivated an atmosphere that promotes groupthink and rewards yes men. A lot of opinions probably aren't aired, they just wait to see which way the winds blowing and drop in behind.

The organization won't get better until they get rid of all the management knuckleheads, bring in some forward thinking veterans, and start to change the culture.
montestewart
Head Coach
And1: 400

Post#138 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 pm by Mizerooskie

montestewart wrote:
popper wrote:

It's been suggested that management has cultivated an atmosphere that promotes groupthink and rewards yes men. A lot of opinions probably aren't aired, they just wait to see which way the winds blowing and drop in behind.

The organization won't get better until they get rid of all the management knuckleheads, bring in some forward thinking veterans, and start to change the culture.
They need to clean house. The entire front office, coaching staff, scouting staff, and medical staff needs to go.

Bring in a bright, hungry young GM and have him put everything together.
Mizerooskie
Junior
And1: 6

Post#139 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:42 pm by Knighthonor

This guy vesely does better with Wall tossing down to him.

But no wall, and he looking bad.

I believe they should give him more playing time. This is a losing season. Nothing wrong with playing him more, to get him more comfortable playing in hardcore competition.

I believe he is breaking down because of the pressure and competition.

Give him more mins to play.
Send him to the Dleague where he can start and get max mins needed to work on his game.

Dont waste his time on the bench. develop the guy until Wall get back, and work on his weaknesses when Wall not tossing him the alleyoops.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#140 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:10 pm by nate33

Vesely vs Miami: 2 points, 2 rebounds, 2 fouls, 1 turnover.

He continues to total more fouls than points or rebounds. What's sad is that it felt like one of Vesely's better outings. :nonono:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 717

Post#141 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm by Mickstix

Not that anyone would claim him or anything, but are there any waivers he'd have to clear, if sent to the D league? That's really where he belongs..
Mick
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 10

Post#142 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am by Upper Decker

Did the Wiz pick up his option for next year? Wiz could save some serious coin by cutting him loose if they didn't pick up his option. If they did pick up the option maybe we could swing a deal with chicago. Vesely for the draft right to veeremenko?
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 77
Location: On a podium reminding everyone how right my predictions were

Post#143 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 am by sashae

(he a bust, he a bust)
otto porter is depressing.
sashae
Rookie
And1: 31

Post#144 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:55 pm by FinnTheHuman

Vesely is a good role player and nothing more, he can't be good on a team which has no system.
FinnTheHuman
Rookie
And1: 167

Post#145 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:15 pm by Upper Decker

FinnTheHuman wrote:Vesely is a good role player and nothing more, he can't be good on a team which has no system.

Vesely is a very bad role player and much much more.

1) A high lotto bust
2) Terrible shooter
3) Terrible dribbler
4) Terrible post defender
5) Worst FT shooter EVER

There is no system because the high lotto selections are complete busts and unable of playing within a system.
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 77
Location: On a podium reminding everyone how right my predictions were

Post#146 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 pm by Nivek

It is such delusion to say Vesely is a good role player or that he will be "better" when Wall returns. He MIGHT get a bit more productive, but it won't be because he's "better" -- it'll be because Wall may be better able to prop him up. Vesely will still be the unskilled player he's been until he puts in the work to develop actual basketball skills.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 438

Post#147 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:26 pm by Knighthonor

Upper Decker wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:Vesely is a good role player and nothing more, he can't be good on a team which has no system.

Vesely is a very bad role player and much much more.

1) A high lotto bust
2) Terrible shooter
3) Terrible dribbler
4) Terrible post defender
5) Worst FT shooter EVER

There is no system because the high lotto selections are complete busts and unable of playing within a system.

telling you, this guy will become better with Wall on the floor playing.

He came into the league at a bad time, and a culture change as well. He lacks confidence in his game. I know that sign since thats how I play.

Over the first season, he learned that Wall has his back and developed on that as his confidence boost. Well here comes this season, and he not doing well and wall happens to not play.

Also keep in mind, limited play time to develop. the season been rough on the last two rookies (Beal and Jan)

Wizards lack in the development department.

Jan, need to be sent to the Dleague for the time being, so he get more play time, and time to build his self confidence in his game. Thats how you develop JAN. But oh well, nobody here listening anyway it seem.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#148 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm by tontoz

Wall won't be able to help Vesely hit the rim on a foul shot or jumper.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#149 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:17 pm by Knighthonor

tontoz wrote:Wall won't be able to help Vesely hit the rim on a foul shot or jumper.

Jan lacks confidence right now, which I believe is due to his own personal NBA comfort building block (Wall, the lotto pick before him) is out the for the season, and he forced to play without his building block of comfort.

notice how he playing worst than summer league.

something emotional is the underlining issue with Jan.

You all not helping him, by being so negative.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#150 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 pm by BigA

Knighthonor wrote:Jan lacks confidence right now, which I believe is due to his own personal NBA comfort building block (Wall, the lotto pick before him) is out the for the season, and he forced to play without his building block of comfort.

he a bust
BigA
Starter
And1: 9

Post#151 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 pm by closg00

Knighthonor wrote:
tontoz wrote:Wall won't be able to help Vesely hit the rim on a foul shot or jumper.

Jan lacks confidence right now, which I believe is due to his own personal NBA comfort building block (Wall, the lotto pick before him) is out the for the season, and he forced to play without his building block of comfort.

:rofl: HOF
Nene: "If you want to go for the gold, the championship, make the team better, you need to think forward. I don’t like to talk about .500.”
closg00
RealGM
And1: 106

Post#152 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:46 pm by montestewart

Jan play bad.

Jan visit RealGM.

Jan read he a bust.

Jan play worse.
montestewart
Head Coach
And1: 400

Post#153 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 pm by closg00

All is forgiven, Jan doesn't have his building block of comfort. Sorry hands :lol:
Nene: "If you want to go for the gold, the championship, make the team better, you need to think forward. I don’t like to talk about .500.”
closg00
RealGM

Post#154 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm by Knighthonor

closg00 wrote:All is forgiven, Jan doesn't have his building block of comfort. Sorry hands :lol:

Dude/Lady, have a heart. Nothing I said was funny.

The guy still struggling. and clearly he seem more comfortable in the summer league. So something emotional is bothering him, and his gameplay.

Bashing the guy in his emotional time of need wont help. Have some morals please...
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#155 Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust
Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:54 pm by closg00

Knighthonor wrote:
closg00 wrote:All is forgiven, Jan doesn't have his building block of comfort. Sorry hands :lol:

Dude/Lady, have a heart. Nothing I said was funny.

The guy still struggling. and clearly he seem more comfortable in the summer league. So something emotional is bothering him, and his gameplay.

Bashing the guy in his emotional time of need wont help. Have some morals please...

You know the saying, I have to laugh otherwise I'd be crying....or something like that. I do feel bad for Jan, but I feel worse for the Wizards. Jan will be back in Europe eventually and the Wizards will wasted two top-10 picks in less than 5 years.
closg00
RealGM

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Wizards