24%

Total votes: 162

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Re: Jan Vesely Part II: He a Bust 

Post#151 » by closg00 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 am

Knighthonor wrote:
tontoz wrote:Wall won't be able to help Vesely hit the rim on a foul shot or jumper.

Jan lacks confidence right now, which I believe is due to his own personal NBA comfort building block (Wall, the lotto pick before him) is out the for the season, and he forced to play without his building block of comfort.

notice how he playing worst than summer league.

something emotional is the underlining issue with Jan.

You all not helping him, by being so negative.

:rofl: HOF
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#152 » by montestewart » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:46 am

Jan play bad.

Jan visit RealGM.

Jan read he a bust.

Jan play worse.
closg00
RealGM

Post#153 » by closg00 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 am

All is forgiven, Jan doesn't have his building block of comfort. Sorry hands :lol:
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#154 » by Knighthonor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:21 am

closg00 wrote:All is forgiven, Jan doesn't have his building block of comfort. Sorry hands :lol:

Dude/Lady, have a heart. Nothing I said was funny.

The guy still struggling. and clearly he seem more comfortable in the summer league. So something emotional is bothering him, and his gameplay.

Bashing the guy in his emotional time of need wont help. Have some morals please...
closg00
RealGM

Post#155 » by closg00 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:54 am

Knighthonor wrote:
closg00 wrote:All is forgiven, Jan doesn't have his building block of comfort. Sorry hands :lol:

The guy still struggling. and clearly he seem more comfortable in the summer league. So something emotional is bothering him, and his gameplay.

Bashing the guy in his emotional time of need wont help. Have some morals please...

You know the saying, I have to laugh otherwise I'd be crying....or something like that. I do feel bad for Jan, but I feel worse for the Wizards. Jan will be back in Europe eventually and the Wizards will wasted two top-10 picks in less than 5 years.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#156 » by tontoz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Knighthonor wrote:
tontoz wrote:Wall won't be able to help Vesely hit the rim on a foul shot or jumper.

Jan lacks confidence right now, which I believe is due to his own personal NBA comfort building block (Wall, the lotto pick before him) is out the for the season, and he forced to play without his building block of comfort.

notice how he playing worst than summer league.

something emotional is the underlining issue with Jan.

You all not helping him, by being so negative.

I think you need to buy a verb.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#157 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm

You guys, don't be mean.

Posting on internet discussion boards is good practice. Don't discourage it.

KH, please don't take it personally. This board has a lot of old crotchety people on it.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#158 » by I_Like_Dirt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm

The thing about summer league is that it doesn't necessarily translate directly to the NBA due to the lower talent level and teams treating it more like a practice/scrimmage than an actual game. That said, I'm sure Bo Outlaw is petitioning the NBA to have summer league stats count towards career totals and retroactively negotiated to change a player's contract as we speak.
Bucket! Bucket!
closg00
RealGM

Post#159 » by closg00 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:You guys, don't be mean.

Posting on internet discussion boards is good practice. Don't discourage it.

KH, please don't take it personally. This board has a lot of old crotchety people on it.

Agree, I just thought the " building block of comfort" was very funny, it was not a knock against KH/hands11 grammar. After all, this thread was appropriately updated from "He is a Bust" to He a Bust :)
closg00
RealGM

Post#160 » by closg00 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 am

dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#161 » by dangermouse » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 am

Wait..... Why is KH sticking up for Jan's emotional wellbeing now? I thought he coined "He a Bust" in the first place.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#162 » by BigA » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:07 am

dangermouse wrote:Wait..... Why is KH sticking up for Jan's emotional wellbeing now? I thought he coined "He a Bust" in the first place.

Just another reason why this is a great thread. You've got to pay close attention or you'll lose track of who is arguing what.

And thanks to KH for "he a bust." It's the only thing that's lifted my spirits as a Wizards fan this season.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#163 » by montestewart » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:14 am

dangermouse wrote:Wait..... Why is KH sticking up for Jan's emotional wellbeing now? I thought he coined "He a Bust" in the first place.

The team plays horribly, the fans get depressed, the fans take it out on players, the players get depressed, the fans notice the players are likewise depressed, a bond forms. Maybe it's a distant cousin of Stockholm Syndrome or something.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#164 » by dangermouse » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 am

Ahh. Gothenburg Syndrome.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#165 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 am

Knighthonor wrote:

Dude it's summer league, played by rookies and scrubs...Josh Selby was the co-MVP and can't get a game with the Grizzlies.
You must be Czech or something. I can shoot better than Vesely and I've never played organized basketball.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#166 » by mhd » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:15 am

Barron>>>>>>>Vessley even if Earl went 0-8 from the field tonight.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#167 » by montestewart » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 am

I like that you can vote for both options. Which I did.
JonathanJoseph
Bench Warmer
And1: 22

Post#168 » by JonathanJoseph » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:26 am

I didn't read through this whole thread, but the poll options are flawed.

"Is Vesely a bust for a 6th pick?" is a loaded question. "Is Vesely a bust?" and "Is Vesely a bust for the 6th pick?" are two very different questions.

Vesely is probably not worth a high lottery pick. However, 1) it's possible he will be. 2) It's possible no one else drafted behind him was that much better (Leonard is a role player). 3) I don't think we've seen enough to know.

A few thoughts: I think Vesely will end up "less a bust" than Wall. I think Vesely will be much better just via 20lbs of weight gained and a few years of experience. Tiago Splitter is a similar style player. Vesely has real value and should be playing minutes over Earl Barron.
Twitter: @jonathanjoseph
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#169 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 pm

JonathanJoseph wrote:I didn't read through this whole thread, but the poll options are flawed.

"Is Vesely a bust for a 6th pick?" is a loaded question. "Is Vesely a bust?" and "Is Vesely a bust for the 6th pick?" are two very different questions.

Vesely is probably not worth a high lottery pick. However, 1) it's possible he will be. 2) It's possible no one else drafted behind him was that much better (Leonard is a role player). 3) I don't think we've seen enough to know.

A few thoughts: I think Vesely will end up "less a bust" than Wall. I think Vesely will be much better just via 20lbs of weight gained and a few years of experience. Tiago Splitter is a similar style player. Vesely has real value and should be playing minutes over Earl Barron.

You are delusional.

There is no chance whatsoever that Vesely pans out to be worth a high lotto pick. None. And if Wall doesn't play another game in his career, he will still have had a better career than Vesely ever will.

The best Vesely can hope to be is a Jared Jeffries type of player - a hustle player and versatile defender off the bench. The only conceivable way he'll do better than that is if he takes some steroids and bulks up his lower body.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#170 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Jan already added some weight during the offseason which hasn't worked out too well.. It looks like he's lost a step and he doesn't elevate nearly as high as he used to. IIRC he was one of the league leaders in dunks last season where as this year I can't remember him finishing one.

Return to Washington Wizards