ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Seraphin Thread - Part II

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Kevin Seraphin Thread - Part II 

Post#381 » by fishercob » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Kanyewest wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/kevin_seraphin/status/489528721217302531[/tweet]

Kevin Seraphin is smiling and Washington people are retweeting it.

I wish Kevin the best. He came from nothing -- complete poverty -- and sees every day as a legitimate blessing. I don't know if he'll stick in the NBA, but I hope he does and that he continues to find joy and happiness in every day life.

:D
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#382 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Since Kevin has been doing "business" deals with Mark Cuban, I expect Dallas to make an offer to him.

The Knicks also desperately need size.

I also could see the Lakers, Heat, and Clippers making a play for him.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#383 » by closg00 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Kevin's stats last night

19 Min 4-7 0-0 2-2 13 pts 2 rebounds, 4 PF +/- -13
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#384 » by TGW » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Dude rebounds like a little girl.

He should have a great future in Europe.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,827

Post#385 » by dckingsfan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 pm

7.4 fouls per 48 minutes during the preseason - the game is still moving too fast for him...
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#386 » by Nivek » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Sreaphin's preseason PPA is down to 50. Average is 100. Higher is better. He's headed swiftly back toward career-level production levels. Biggest issues are consistent with his established problems: bad rebounding, lots of turnovers, lots of fouling.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
closg00
RealGM

Post#387 » by closg00 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:08 pm

I have been watching Kevin closely when he gets PT, his defensive rotations and overall defense appears to have improved, he isn't automatically keeping the ball in the post (still needs to work on that). He still bumbles a bit, but he is starting to show himself as a big on a trajectory worthy of getting a small 2-3 year deal. A wish we had a young, shot-blocker that we we were keeping in our pocket to develop alongside with Kevin.
Bottom-line is that Ernie made the right call with Kevin, Blair is still on the team for depth during the playoffs.
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#388 » by cdouglas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Kevin will be in the NBA as long as Long as he stays healthy. He'll receive a good offer when the season ends.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#389 » by Nivek » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Seraphin is having a bad season. His primary contribution is supposed to be on offense, but he's not good at that end. So far this season, he's shooting a good percentage, but committing lots of turnovers, not drawing fouls, and not getting many offensive rebounds. This is the same as its been throughout his career. Plus, he doesn't get many defensive rebounds, and he fouls a lot. His individual offensive rating (points produced per 100 individual possessions) is 8 points below the team's average.

In last night's game, his ortg was 90, which was 8 points below the team's.

I hope he'll be as good as he's imagined to be.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#390 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Nivek wrote:Seraphin is having a bad season. His primary contribution is supposed to be on offense, but he's not good at that end. So far this season, he's shooting a good percentage, but committing lots of turnovers, not drawing fouls, and not getting many offensive rebounds. This is the same as its been throughout his career. Plus, he doesn't get many defensive rebounds, and he fouls a lot. His individual offensive rating (points produced per 100 individual possessions) is 8 points below the team's average.

In last night's game, his ortg was 90, which was 8 points below the team's.

I hope he'll be as good as he's imagined to be.

Killjoy.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,903

Post#391 » by DCZards » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:00 pm

I agree that Seraphin has not played well this season. But he did have a good game last night against the Cavs and the season is still very young so maybe there is real hope for a much improved KS. My main concerns have been his rebounding and D...both of which were better against the Cavs.

I'm gonna give Seraphin at least 20-25 games before deciding whether or not resigning him was a mistake. One thing is for sure, his weight loss during the offseason has helped. KS is much quicker on his feet, and last night I saw him "sky" for a couple of rebounds...something that I don't recall seeing much of in the past.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#392 » by Nivek » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:34 pm

As I indicated earlier, I'm still hopeful Seraphin can somehow become good, or even decent. It hasn't happened yet. Even last night's game really wasn't all that impressive (at least in my eyes). It was a terrific game for him, but a below average game for the rest of the league. What worries me about him so far this year is that the flaws in his game are the same ones that plagued him in his first four seasons. I'm still hoping because I find him a likeable guy. He hasn't been a good NBA player, however. And realistically speaking, he probably won't be.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#393 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:23 pm

DCZards wrote:I agree that Seraphin has not played well this season. But he did have a good game last night against the Cavs and the season is still very young so maybe there is real hope for a much improved KS. My main concerns have been his rebounding and D...both of which were better against the Cavs.

I'm gonna give Seraphin at least 20-25 games before deciding whether or not resigning him was a mistake. One thing is for sure, his weight loss during the offseason has helped. KS is much quicker on his feet, and last night I saw him "sky" for a couple of rebounds...something that I don't recall seeing much of in the past.

And 3 blocks and he went up for one or two dunks and got fouled.

He has commented that with the lost weight, he can go for longer without getting tired.

But what I still dont get are his hands. Are they small ? He has such a nice touch on his offensive shot but is so bad at grabbing the ball. He even loses the ball going up for dunks. He is like the anti Nene.

Kev played aggressive last night. And he lifted the team when they needed scoring and energy. I don't care what Kevs numbers say. He had a positive contribution last night. Close if not the POTG.

But lots contributed. Nene started well. Beal came in and had a nice impact. Wall took over in the 3rd but Kevin definitely had an impact.

It was one of those Kev teaser games. We have seen them before.

But he has shown some better fundamentals. Better passing out of the post. He still gets in his Kev getting up shots mod and he did last night. But most were going in so it worked out. 5-11 is alright. At one point there he was like 10 pts in 10 minutes and was getting all kind of props on TV.

He still needs to slow down more. Kev is just a bit of a young spaz. But he shows signs of getting better. And for his size, he is a blaze at getting up and down the court. If he ever got good at all opp transition dunks, they would be SICK.
closg00
RealGM

Post#394 » by closg00 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:13 am

Nivek wrote:As I indicated earlier, I'm still hopeful Seraphin can somehow become good, or even decent. It hasn't happened yet. Even last night's game really wasn't all that impressive (at least in my eyes). It was a terrific game for him, but a below average game for the rest of the league. What worries me about him so far this year is that the flaws in his game are the same ones that plagued him in his first four seasons. I'm still hoping because I find him a likeable guy. He hasn't been a good NBA player, however. And realistically speaking, he probably won't be.

I acknowledge the faults in his game, but I see a glimmer of hope that he is on his way to being a decent bench player with a cheap contract.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,322

Post#395 » by Kanyewest » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 am

The tale of Kevin Seraphin Rebounds from Cleveland

#1 Gets an offensive rebound with Kevin Love boxing him out, gathers himself for a dunk attempt for two free throw attempt
#2 – Seraphin boxes out Varejao for a defensive rebound
#3- Boxes out LeBron for a defensive rebound- LeBron is sad and takes a while to hustle back on defense
#4- Gets a defensive rebound off a Kyrie Iring miss. Looks like Love has given up even t try to get the rebound
#5- KSLife with a man size offensive tip out rebound like Tyson Chandler
#6- Seraphin grabs the final rebound in garbage time.
hands11
Banned User

Post#396 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:27 am

closg00 wrote:
Nivek wrote:As I indicated earlier, I'm still hopeful Seraphin can somehow become good, or even decent. It hasn't happened yet. Even last night's game really wasn't all that impressive (at least in my eyes). It was a terrific game for him, but a below average game for the rest of the league. What worries me about him so far this year is that the flaws in his game are the same ones that plagued him in his first four seasons. I'm still hoping because I find him a likeable guy. He hasn't been a good NBA player, however. And realistically speaking, he probably won't be.

I acknowledge the faults in his game, but I see a glimmer of hope that he is on his way to being a decent bench player with a cheap contract.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhjprz1TNjI[/youtube]
hands11
Banned User

Post#397 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 am

Kanyewest wrote:The tale of Kevin Seraphin Rebounds from Cleveland

#1 Gets an offensive rebound with Kevin Love boxing him out, gathers himself for a dunk attempt for two free throw attempt
#2 – Seraphin boxes out Varejao for a defensive rebound
#3- Boxes out LeBron for a defensive rebound- LeBron is sad and takes a while to hustle back on defense
#4- Gets a defensive rebound off a Kyrie Iring miss. Looks like Love has given up even t try to get the rebound
#5- KSLife with a man size offensive tip out rebound like Tyson Chandler
#6- Seraphin grabs the final rebound in garbage time.

Really liked that one. Its a good start for a poor rebounder. At least tip it out.

Gooden must be working with him.
closg00
RealGM

Post#398 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 pm

closg00
RealGM

Post#399 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:26 pm

closg00
RealGM

Post#400 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:18 pm

closg00 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12144163/kevin-seraphin-washington-wizards-dons-je-suis-charlie-t-shirt-warm-ups

Does anyone know how to post this pic w/o the URL?

Return to Washington Wizards