ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#261 » by MF23 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:55 pm

Too bad for EG made the other trade because Gay would have been better than Okariza on Washington's roster.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#262 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:55 pm

Deivy202 wrote:So rudy gay on the block how about beal and our first for rudy and gasol?

:eek1: I've always liked Gasol but Rudy has been pretty mediocre this year. This trade isn't even possible but essentially your suggesting we give up Beal AND our first to take on an additional $80 million over the next 3 years.

I'd offer Okafor + Singleton or Velsey and a 2013 2nd round pick for Gay. Memphis most likely declines and I'd say o well.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#263 » by mhd » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:28 pm

Here's my attempt at a Gay trade (where the Wiz don't even land him):

Memphis trades Gay for Ariza+Gerald Henderson+Jordan Crawford
Bobcats trade: Henderson+Ben Gordon+Protected Portland Pick for Gay+Vessley
Wizards trade: Ariza+Vessley+Jordan Crawford for Ben Gordon+Protected Portland pick

WHY FOR THE GRIZZ? Get out of luxary tax issues with Henderson on an expiring deal and Jordan Crawford on a very cheap rookie deal for the next 2 years. Crawford will give the Grizz instant scoring off of the bench. Ariza is set to come back from a calf injury and fits in as a defensive SF who can hit corner 3s.

WHY FOR THE BOBCATS? They trade to get a wing who is signed longterm and can shoulder the scoring load. MKG can play off of Gay. Gay's deal lasts 1 year longer then Gordon's deal and expires the same time as Ty Thomas (who can still be amnestied). They also will try and salvage Vessley.

WHY FOR THE WIZ? They get a mid first rounder in exchange for taking on more salary for next year and giving up a productive young player in Jordan Crawford.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#264 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:49 pm

^ Interesting, but I'm not sure Charlotte adds any salary right now. Especially when Gay plays the same position as the guy they just drafted #2 overall.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#265 » by mohammed10 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:08 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:
:eek1: I've always liked Gasol but Rudy has been pretty mediocre this year. This trade isn't even possible but essentially your suggesting we give up Beal AND our first to take on an additional $80 million over the next 3 years.

I'd offer Okafor + Singleton or Velsey and a 2013 2nd round pick for Gay. Memphis most likely declines and I'd say o well.

I'll take some of either offer, thanks.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#266 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:40 am

^ MEM doesn't really have much of a bench, so moving Gay in a deal where they cut longterm cap but get immediate reserve help could interest them. Guys like Okafor, Ariza, Seraphin, and Crawford are all guys that would immediately upgrade their bench IMO. Heck, AJ price might even upgrade their backup PG spot.

Those 5, plus our 2013 second for Gay+filler? Other teams can probably beat that, though.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#267 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:26 am

No way I give up our first. our picks need to be placed on a shelf way up high so E.G. can not touch them. i would offer okariza and a number of seconds or a protected pick next year. the protection would be (2014 top 14, 2015 top 5 and 2016 its top protected and unprotected in 2017.) we get gay and haddiddi.

that gives them the bench help that they need and we get another star next to wall. letting us to bring crawford and webster off the bench. but again, we do not move this years pick! if the griz dont like our offer, they can go else where. no move is better than an over paid move.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#268 » by yoadknux » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey Wiz fans, Pacers fan here.

Could some deal be made around George-Wall? Something like George+Augustin+future 1st rounder for Wall?
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#269 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm not at all interested in Rudy Gay. I don't see us as players in the deal anyhow. We don't have the expiring contracts that Memphis would be looking for. At best, we could be a third party in the transaction. We would give Memphis Ariza as a replacement for Gay while taking back an expiring contract in return. So it would look something like this:

Memphis trades: Gay
Memphis receives: Ariza + expiring contract 1

Team X trades: expiring contract 1 + expiring contract 2
Team X receives: Gay

Washington trades: Ariza
Washington receives: expiring contract 2
mhd
General Manager

Post#270 » by mhd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:17 pm

Jordan Crawford would be a good addition to Memphis. Too bad they don't have a 1st rounder this year b/c it is partially protected and belongs to another team.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#271 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:22 pm

yoadknux wrote:Hey Wiz fans, Pacers fan here.

Could some deal be made around George-Wall? Something like George+Augustin+future 1st rounder for Wall?

While I think that offer is fairly reasonable, It's just not realistic to discuss Wall trades until we see what he looks like after returning from injury. Honestly, I don't see any chance whatsoever that Wall gets dealt anytime before the Trade Deadline next season. Washington has too much invested in Wall to give up on him now. He may not pan out to be the superstar that we all hope he is, but there's still a chance it will happen.

Hyper athletic PG's with a suspect jumper tend to take a while to develop. I made a post in another thread comparing Wall's career numbers to other similar types of guards: Kidd, Rondo and Westbrook. Wall's numbers are tracking just like their's.
mhd
General Manager

Post#272 » by mhd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:26 pm

Nate, what about a 3-way where Nets get Gay+Booker, We get Humphries+Ty Taylor, Grizz get Ariza+Brooks

Humphries expires next year and would give the Wiz some needed production as a starting PF.
mhd
General Manager

Post#273 » by mhd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:29 pm

nate33 wrote:I'm not at all interested in Rudy Gay. I don't see us as players in the deal anyhow. We don't have the expiring contracts that Memphis would be looking for. At best, we could be a third party in the transaction. We would give Memphis Ariza as a replacement for Gay while taking back an expiring contract in return. So it would look something like this:

Memphis receives: Ariza + expiring contract 1

Team X trades: expiring contract 1 + expiring contract 2
Team X receives: Gay

Washington trades: Ariza
Washington receives: expiring contract 2

Nate, you are right in the sense that the Wiz can certainly be the 3rd wheel in a Gay trade b/c Ariza fits into Memphis's defensive culture and expires next year. We also have cheap bench players that the Grizz could use. I'd want picks in any deal or an expiring as you said.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#274 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:42 pm

^ Hmmm...what about Sacto and we also get Cousins?

Memphis receives: Ariza, Salmons, Brooks, and WAS protected first

Sacto trades: Cousins, Garcia, Salmons, and Brooks
Sacto receives: Gay and Seraphin

Wash trades: Ariza, Seraphin, and protected first
Wash receives: Cousins and Garcia (team option which we would decline)

Maybe throw a few seconds to the Kings if they feel they need more?
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#275 » by rl25g » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:52 pm

Would Sacremento be interested in D. Williams? if Cousins agent really forces the Big Man to DC, Minnesota could be a good 3rd team.

Washington Trades: Ariza, Crawford, Seraphin, 2013 1st (Top 3 Protected)
Washington Receives: Cousins, Barea

Wizards Trade almost all of their trade-able assets to acquire Cousins.

Minnesota Trades: Williams, Barea
Minnesota Receives: Ariza, Seraphin, Crawford

Wolves get great Peckovic insurance in Seraphin. They get immediate wing help, which they desperately need, while also getting out of Barea and Williams contracts a year early. As a plus, Ariza played for Adelman in Houston.

Sacramento Trades: Cousins
Sacramento Receives: Williams, Washington 2013 1st (Top 3 Protected)

The Kings trade Cousins, getting a legit, NBA young talent in return, while also nabbing a high first round pick.

As a Wizard's fan, if The Kings wanted the pick to be unprotected, I would still do it.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#276 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:25 pm

rl25g wrote:Would Sacremento be interested in D. Williams? if Cousins agent really forces the Big Man to DC, Minnesota could be a good 3rd team.

The problem would be that the Kings just drafted Thomas Robinson and also resigned Jason Thompson, so they seem to be set at PF. Maybe they still think DWill can be a SF, but I doubt it. He's pretty much proven in Minnesota that he isn't IMO.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#277 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:50 pm

C'mon, man. He wasn't doing anything to warrant that response.

-miller
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#278 » by mohammed10 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:21 am

rl25g wrote:Would Sacremento be interested in D. Williams? if Cousins agent really forces the Big Man to DC, Minnesota could be a good 3rd team.

Washington Trades: Ariza, Crawford, Seraphin, 2013 1st (Top 3 Protected)
Washington Receives: Cousins, Barea

Wizards Trade almost all of their trade-able assets to acquire Cousins.

Minnesota Trades: Williams, Barea
Minnesota Receives: Ariza, Seraphin, Crawford

Wolves get great Peckovic insurance in Seraphin. They get immediate wing help, which they desperately need, while also getting out of Barea and Williams contracts a year early. As a plus, Ariza played for Adelman in Houston.

Sacramento Trades: Cousins
Sacramento Receives: Williams, Washington 2013 1st (Top 3 Protected)

The Kings trade Cousins, getting a legit, NBA young talent in return, while also nabbing a high first round pick.

As a Wizard's fan, if The Kings wanted the pick to be unprotected, I would still do it.

:eek1:

Um, no. An unprotected 1st is where I draw the line. As someone previously stated, I think we need to preserve our 1st round picks (and keep them in away from EG - hope for a new GM come draft time).
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#279 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:27 am

@ Miller:

And I don't think I said anything so terrible that warranted my original message being deleted and replaced by a message in red lettering. I'm a big Wizards fan, I've been waiting for Wall's return along with the other guys for a minute, it appears his return is finally around the corner, I'm just not feeling the fan of another team better off than the Wizards inquiring about trading for arguably the most important player on the team.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#280 » by dangermouse » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:21 am

Im a big Wall fan, but this is a very juicy offer. I like Paul George a lot. Its a good return, but as was said we need to see what he looks like when he returns, which should be soon.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.

Return to Washington Wizards