ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#281 » by claudio-br » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:17 am

Sac sends: Cousins, Travis Outlaw and John Salmons
Wash sends: Okafor and Seraphin

Wiz needs to add talent desperately, while Kings may want to dump salary while getting other return on a Cousins move.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#282 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:59 am

claudio-br wrote:Sac sends: Cousins, Travis Outlaw and John Salmons

Wiz needs to add talent desperately, while Kings may want to dump salary while getting other return on a Cousins move.

lol where do we sign. :lol:
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#283 » by mohammed10 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:22 am

nuposse04 wrote:
claudio-br wrote:Sac sends: Cousins, Travis Outlaw and John Salmons

lol where do we sign. :lol:

'Yeah - pipe dream. We will need to kick in more to get that sort of deal done...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,960

Post#284 » by shrink » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:30 am

WizardsWorld wrote:
mohammed10 wrote:Seems like we've cooled on the D Williams trade talk with Minny...

Anyone still interested?

ME. I prob have about 50 posts on here screaming for us to get DWill.... I want him way more than Cousins. Anything other than Wall or Beal to give them is cool with me. Minny loves white guys so I assume theyd want Vesley. So Vesley, Ariza and Crawford for DWill and filler works for me.

I thnk Adelman and Kahn would consider this.

The new Love injury may make them reluctant though - Williams played well tonight, and he has been having more good stints than bad stints the last month.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#285 » by shrink » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:43 am

Speaking of which, I was toying with an idea to incentivize a Pau-to-MIN trade. I am no fan of Gasol, and it looks like MIN fans are not, but Kahn and Adelman seem to be, so I'm hoping we don't see a trade. I'm curious though what you guys would think of this?

shrink wrote:LAL GIVES: Gasol + Blake
LAL GETS: Okafor + Ariza + Ridnour + M Lee

WAS GIVES: Okafor + Ariza + Crawford + Vesely
WAS GETS: Derrick Williams + Roy + Steimsma + Amundsen + Blake

MIN GIVES: Derrick Williams + Amundsen + M Lee + Steimsma + Roy + Ridnour
MIN GETS: Gasol + Crawford + Vesely

LAL moves Gasol's over-priced deal for two, lesser over-priced deals, including a big man replacement. Ridnour for Blake really helps their big need at PG. All four deals are only two years, so they can go under the lux.

WAS rebuilds by getting out from Okafor and Ariza's deals using Crawford and Vesely to do it -- and keeps their three most important young assets (Wall, Beal and their pick). Roy, Amundsen and Steimsma (partial guarantee) create the cap space so WAS could take advantage of free agent bargains this summer. Derrick Williams is clearly worth a shot on a team like WAS. They have to eat Blake for $4 mil one more year though, but he will get minutes and could return to form with a change of scenery.

MIN gets some compensation for taking on the overpaid contract of Pau Gasol. Williams would have less fit with Gasol here, and maybe Vesely can catch on. Jordan Crawford is a huge fit, and would probably start right away.

(it doesn't work in espn trade checker, but works if MIN splits it up as simultaneous deals)

Okafor could be spun to TOR for Bargnani and sent to LAL .. a better fit on the floor perhaps for LAL, but Bargs has a third year that LAL wouldn't like.

Just curious on your thoughts on this, and whether Okafor would fit in MIN? Thanks.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#286 » by WizardsWorld » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:25 pm

shrink wrote:Speaking of which, I was toying with an idea to incentivize a Pau-to-MIN trade. I am no fan of Gasol, and it looks like MIN fans are not, but Kahn and Adelman seem to be, so I'm hoping we don't see a trade. I'm curious though what you guys would think of this?

shrink wrote:LAL GIVES: Gasol + Blake
LAL GETS: Okafor + Ariza + Ridnour + M Lee

WAS GIVES: Okafor + Ariza + Crawford + Vesely
WAS GETS: Derrick Williams + Roy + Steimsma + Amundsen + Blake

MIN GIVES: Derrick Williams + Amundsen + M Lee + Steimsma + Roy + Ridnour
MIN GETS: Gasol + Crawford + Vesely

LAL moves Gasol's over-priced deal for two, lesser over-priced deals, including a big man replacement. Ridnour for Blake really helps their big need at PG. All four deals are only two years, so they can go under the lux.

WAS rebuilds by getting out from Okafor and Ariza's deals using Crawford and Vesely to do it -- and keeps their three most important young assets (Wall, Beal and their pick). Roy, Amundsen and Steimsma (partial guarantee) create the cap space so WAS could take advantage of free agent bargains this summer. Derrick Williams is clearly worth a shot on a team like WAS. They have to eat Blake for $4 mil one more year though, but he will get minutes and could return to form with a change of scenery.

MIN gets some compensation for taking on the overpaid contract of Pau Gasol. Williams would have less fit with Gasol here, and maybe Vesely can catch on. Jordan Crawford is a huge fit, and would probably start right away.

(it doesn't work in espn trade checker, but works if MIN splits it up as simultaneous deals)

Okafor could be spun to TOR for Bargnani and sent to LAL .. a better fit on the floor perhaps for LAL, but Bargs has a third year that LAL wouldn't like.

Just curious on your thoughts on this, and whether Okafor would fit in MIN? Thanks.

Works for me. Any trade where we get DWill and get to keep Wall, Beal and our lotto pick works for me pretty much. I want Wall/Beal/DWill to be our next generation Big 3... but that might be thinking a little too positive. Either way... I'm down.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#287 » by LyricalRico » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:06 pm

Shrink, I like it for the Wiz but I don't think it does enough for the Lakers. Adding TOR is a clever twist, but if LA was willing to trade Gasol for Bargs+contracts, then TOR wouldn't just cut everyone else out?

And as for Okafor in Minny, I think he's the type of player that would fit in anywhere where they are looking for a classic role playing center - rebound, defend, block shots, and hit the open short range shot. (If he made half of what he's currently making, he'd be one of the great values in the league IMO.) But don't you guys already have Pekovic for that?
shrink
RealGM

Post#288 » by shrink » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:28 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Shrink, I like it for the Wiz but I don't think it does enough for the Lakers. Adding TOR is a clever twist, but if LA was willing to trade Gasol for Bargs+contracts, then TOR wouldn't just cut everyone else out?

This might just be my personal valuation of Pau, but I think if he were a free agent trying to get a two year deal, it'd be hard for me to see him getting $11 mil at this point. He's risky, old, injured (plantar fasciitis), and the Lakers don't even keep him on the floor in the 4th quarter. He had 2 points last game. Anyway, if he was traded, he'd cost a team $40 mil, and maybe provide $22 mil in production making him highly negative.

I don't think there are many teams that are interested - in fact, some team specifically said they weren't interested even before the production decline and injury. Unfortunately, rumors suggest that David Kahn is still someone who likes him.

I've endorsed a Bargnani/Calderon swap (two other overpaid players) for Gasol for over a month, but I haven't heard anything legit that TOR is willing to take Gasol on, and it doesn't reflect the downward spiral Gasol has been on lately. There is no support for this trade on the Wolves board, in fact, they were even saying they'd prefer Okafor to Gasol at this point, even with no place to put him. A package of Williams, Roy (non-productive expiring), and Barea or Ridnour was universally hated by even the MIN fans that liked Gasol a month ago.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1222611

I wouldn't gamble on Gasol's contract, but if MIN does, I feel they at least need some other incentive, because they don't have enough bad salary to match his trade value.

Anyway, I was just curious about WAS' view here. I don't know if there is any impetus to get out of Okafor and Ariza's deal a year early, and what the thoughts were on Derrick Williams, who is a player I can understand people being all over the board on. My goal was to improve your "win-later" approach and put Wall, Beal and your future 1st off the table. Thanks for posting guys.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#289 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:15 pm

Pau is pretty much worth Bargs at this point. I think the only reason he isn't gone is cause the Lakers brass is having trouble twisting arms and trying to rob people for him. Everybody knows he's a shell of his former self. Every day he has bad games his value will just go down more. Lakers should take w/e they can get at this point.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#290 » by Nivek » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:11 pm

nuposse04 wrote:Pau is pretty much worth Bargs at this point. I think the only reason he isn't gone is cause the Lakers brass is having trouble twisting arms and trying to rob people for him. Everybody knows he's a shell of his former self. Every day he has bad games his value will just go down more. Lakers should take w/e they can get at this point.

A diminished shell of himself Pau Gasol is still producing at the level of an average NBA player. Bargnani is way below average and his contract runs for another year beyond Gasol's. The Lakers would have to be nuts to trade Gasol for Bargnani unless they were getting back other stuff as well. He isn't what he was, but Gasol is still WAY better than Bargnani, and still better than many NBA players.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Post#291 » by deneem4 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:49 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awg3o4q

Howard
Jodie Meeks
Chris Duhon

Crawford
Okafor
Ariza
Seraphin

Howard isnt going to resign....him and kobe dont get along...
Ariza was monster with the lakers in their 09 championship season...especially the playoffs...him and kobe has great chemistry as well...he also provide bench depth scoring and defense

Jordan crawford is like mini kobe off the bench
Seraphin gives the lakers bench depth
Okafor is no dwight but hes healthy and defensive minded..."AND HES NOT SOFT"... <---kobe likes

Wizards ah do it cause...they get dwight howard....even without meek or Duhon...they'll still do it...and should
Dwight can score as much as he want...he'll be surrounded by great defense (8th in opp scoring) and he can score as much as he want...

Wall/beal/webster/nene/dwight
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,065

Post#292 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:05 pm

^C'mon deneem4. Don't waste our time with this drivel. LA isn't going to trade Dwight freaking Howard for that flaming bag of poo.

Even if LA would entertain the notion of trading Dwight, they will surely find much better offers than that.
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#293 » by deneem4 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:14 pm

nate33 wrote:^C'mon deneem4. Don't waste our time with this drivel. LA isn't going to trade Dwight freaking Howard for that flaming bag of poo.

Even if LA would entertain the notion of trading Dwight, they will surely find much better offers than that.

Ariza was la golden child in the playoffs in 09
If la wont do the trade with okafor they will with nene
Add the wiz 1st round

And I guarantee dwight wont be on the lakers come the deadline
Kobe is trying to win a ship now

Last thing lakers want to see is
Harden/lin/dwight
Dirk/mayo/dwight
Lillard/dwight
Igu/dwight

Any western team and dwight...
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#294 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:02 pm

That trade is the very definition of "lose-lose". The Lakers give away Howard and get nothing useful in return. The Wizards rent Howard for half a season, enough to screw up the tank. Then Howard bolts via free agency to play elsewhere.

And the Lakers primary motivation in trading Dwight won't be a concern about facing him in the playoffs. It will be to make their team better so that they have a fighting chance in the playoffs themselves.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this in honestly one of the most poorly thought out trades I've ever seen on this board. I can't believe you are trying to defend it.
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#295 » by deneem4 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:54 pm

Watch a lakers game....
as the lakers are proving...stat sheets is nothing...5 allstars and not even over 500...
Blatche left the wizards and is basically starting over kris humpries
Seraphin is playing the exact same way blatche was with the wizards
Ask the nets why theyre interested in singleton...wizards dont kno how to utilize players

Okafor and gasol chemistry will be like bosh and haslem...
Lakers need role players...role players that will accept they self as role players...
ariza is the sf theyre looking for and him kobe and gasol have won a championship together
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#296 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:04 pm

deneem4 wrote:Watch a lakers game....
as the lakers are proving...stat sheets is nothing...5 allstars and not even over 500...
Blatche left the wizards and is basically starting over kris humpries
Seraphin is playing the exact same way blatche was with the wizards
Ask the nets why theyre interested in singleton...wizards dont kno how to utilize players

Okafor and gasol chemistry will be like bosh and haslem...
Lakers need role players...role players that will accept they self as role players...
ariza is the sf theyre looking for and him kobe and gasol have won a championship together

Dwight is scheduled to get an MRI on his shoulder.

If Dwight turns out to be seriously hurt, then I take back my criticism. If Dwight is hurt, then he becomes a $19.5M deadweight contract. In that scenario (with LA giving up nothing useful), I could definitely see LA interested in swapping his contract for Okafor plus Ariza. We probably wouldn't even need to throw in anything extra.

The only sticking point would be LA's long term plans. Do they really want Howard in the future? By trading him away, they lose his Bird Rights and won't be able to exceed the cap to resign him. Basically, they'd be condemning themselves to 2 years with that lineup, and then a total reboot as everyone on the entire roster except Nash comes off the books in 2014.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#297 » by tontoz » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:09 pm

deneem4 wrote:Ariza was la golden child in the playoffs in 09

And they let him walk. That should be self explanatory.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#298 » by deneem4 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:24 pm

Dwight is fake hurt, like gasol was til nash got back...lakers are experimenting different line ups to figure out problems...the lakers problem is defense...been that way since bynum was there
Adding a josh smith or kevin love or bargani wont help...dwight will sign with the nets next yr so I doubt the nets will trade away all their assets this yr to try and get him now...
The lakers can probably get a better deal from the suns and get a good set of role players but the suns ah have to give up gortat and dwight walking anyway...with the wizards...its like sooo...we got okafor and ariza off the books
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#299 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:31 pm

deneem4 wrote:Dwight is fake hurt, like gasol was til nash got back...lakers are experimenting different line ups to figure out problems...the lakers problem is defense...been that way since bynum was there
Adding a josh smith or kevin love or bargani wont help...dwight will sign with the nets next yr so I doubt the nets will trade away all their assets this yr to try and get him now...

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. How are the Nets going to sign Dwight Howard when they have a payroll next year of $85M? Over the luxtax teams can only offer a reduced MLE of just $3M a year.
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#300 » by deneem4 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:44 pm

nate33 wrote:
deneem4 wrote:Dwight is fake hurt, like gasol was til nash got back...lakers are experimenting different line ups to figure out problems...the lakers problem is defense...been that way since bynum was there

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. How are the Nets going to sign Dwight Howard when they have a payroll next year of $85M? Over the luxtax teams can only offer a reduced MLE of just $3M a year.

They will get rid of humpries and lopez

Return to Washington Wizards