ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#21 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I think Kevin Love is on the trading block, because Minny knows for sure that he won't be re-signing with them. What about this trade proposal? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bnuwfh3
WAS trades Nene, Ariza, Beal, Vesely (2013 top 2 protected pick, top 1 protected in 2014, and unprotected afterwards) for Love, Pekovic, Ridnour
LAL trades Gasol and 2014 1st rd pick for Nene & Ariza
MIN trades Love, Pekovic, Ridnour for Beal, Vesely, Gasol, 2013 1st rd pick from WAS, and 2014 !st rd pick from LA

Maybe, we can follow it up with this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cwghf43 to balance the roster

OKC trades Lamb, PJ III and Toronto or Dallas' 1st rd pick
WAS trades Seraphin, Singleton
Hopefully, with a new GM we can rebuild our roster with quality young players
Wall/Ridnour/Price
Lamb/Crawford
Webster/PJ III/Martin
Love/Booker
Pekovic/Okafor/Barron
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#22 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
miller31time wrote:What are we to assume the asking price for Cousins would be?

I'm assuming our 2013 1st rounder would have to be included?

Absolutely....considering Cousins was the 5th overall pick himself.

If that was the price, I probably wouldn't pull the trigger. Not unless that pick had substantial protection... at least top 7. Cousins is a major attitude problem and he has already burned 2-1/4 years of his 4 year rookie deal. The Kings don't get a mulligan.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#23 » by truwizfan4evr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:24 pm

wouldn't the wizards be a bad place for Cousins? With are horrible past with guys he may not devlope good with us.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#24 » by Upper Decker » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:51 am

Only way i trade for cousins is if walls healthy. Based on there UK connection i feel that wall has the potential to hold cousins accountable and that cousins may respect him. Still doubt it. Some combination of a protected 1st, vesely, booker, cap relief.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#25 » by LyricalRico » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Link with the top potential trade candidates for the upcoming trade deadline:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s ... 18190.html

Two examples:

Andrew Bynum: Philadelphia 76ers, 25, C

Contract status: Making $16.1 million in last year of contract.

Buzz: Bynum is still experiencing left knee pain that has kept him from making his debut with the Sixers, but is hopeful he can return sometime in 2013. He becomes a free agent at the end of the season and was expected to command a five-year contract approaching $100 million. His health problems threaten to substantially reduce that number.

One NBA general manager said the Sixers have been making trade inquiries about adding a starting caliber center.

"They got to be a little panicked now," one GM said. "They could get a really interesting deal for him. I could see them doing that."

Derrick Williams: Minnesota Timberwolves, 21, F

Contract status: Making $4.8 million in second year of rookie deal.

Buzz: Williams has had a disappointing career in Minnesota after being selected second overall in the 2011 draft. The highest draft choice in franchise history has been earning DNP-CDs or short-minute stints under coach Rick Adelman. Both sides would be happy with a move.

"They will move him in a heartbeat if they could," one rival team executive said. "I don't think the coaches are that high on him. You have to get something for him now because the longer he sits, the more people think he can't play."

Could we get in on a deal that brings MIN/PHI together? I could see "Krazy Kahn" taking a chance on Bynum (he already did with Brandon Roy). And since his deal is expiring, there's not much risk. Philly might take a chance on DWill being the bench scorer they've lacked, and might also be interested in Okafor as a stop-gap in the middle.

Sixers trade: Bynum and Wright
Sixers receive: Okafor and DWill

Wolves trade: DWill, Ridnour, and Steimsma (and other filler to make salaries work)
Wolves receive: Bynum

Wizards trade: Okafor
Wizards receive: Ridnour, Steimsma, and D. Wright

We move most of Okafor's 2013-14 salary off the books and get a better stop-gap PG, plus improve our outside shooting.

Hmmm...is there a contender (or near contender) that would be interested in being the 4th team and sending us an expiring and possibly something else of value for Ariza+Ridnour?
Prokys Nets
Senior
And1: 12

Post#26 » by Prokys Nets » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Nets fan here. Think Nene, would be a better fit on our team than most Nets fans.

Heres my offer:

Humphries/MarShon/2015 1st for Nene would you guys do it?
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#27 » by AFM » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:14 pm

No, he's our only good player. Take Okafor off us please.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#28 » by verbal8 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 pm

AFM wrote:No, he's our only good player. Take Okafor off us please.

But that is a pretty good haul for mostly the wrong part of Nene's career. The 2015 pick could be a good asset. Brooks and Beal play the same position, but I think Brooks is tall enough to play some 3 guard sets. Humphries is under-rated and you could argue 80 games of Humphries is about equal to 60 games of Nene.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#29 » by Earth2Ted » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:53 pm

I think the obvious deal to consider here is Nene for Bynum. Philly gets a borderline all star caliber center who will help them this year and beyond, we get a potentially dominant center but also chronically injured head case who we would have to resign.

Tough call, but as we have learned, if you don't pull the trigger on acquiring dominant potentially franchise level talent, you end up regretting it.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 467

Post#30 » by Jay81 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 am

i dont care what trade we do. Its not like its going to make the team any worse
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#31 » by Mickstix » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:59 am

Anyone think it suspicious/coincidence that the FA trade market opened today and Nene was inactive tonight as well?? Wouldnt put it past EG to trade the only decent player we got.. Then next year when Walls healthy he can blame us not having a C as the reason we stink again.. Makes EG/TL sense anyway, no?
Mick
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#32 » by WizardsWorld » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 pm

I still want us to be the ones to take the chance on Derrick Williams. He needs to go to a team where he can preferably start and get significant minutes to show he can play. And no better team to do that with than the Wizards.
I would trade Crawford, Vesley, Ariza and a lotto protected 1st for Williams, Barea

I know most of our fans don't seem too high on Williams anymore like we did on draft night last year... but I still wanna take a chance on him.

C: Nene/Okafor(until traded)
PF: Seraphin/Booker
SF: D.Williams/Singleton
SG: Beal/Webster
PG: Barea/Livingston/Wall(when healthy)
leswizards
Senior
And1: 199

Post#33 » by leswizards » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Earth2Ted wrote:I think the obvious deal to consider here is Nene for Bynum. Philly gets a borderline all star caliber center who will help them this year and beyond, we get a potentially dominant center but also chronically injured head case who we would have to resign.

Tough call, but as we have learned, if you don't pull the trigger on acquiring dominant potentially franchise level talent, you end up regretting it.

The Sixers would have to throw in numerous first round picks for me to be interested in that deal.

Bynum is injured, may not play this year, and is a free agent at the end of the season. That means the Wizards would be getting a rental on a player who might not even play this season.

The only thing of value the Wizards would be getting in this deal is the right to sign Bynum to one extra season that other teams can't. It has some value, but not enough to trade Nene for.

Additionally, Bynum will probably get Max contract offers in the off season. Considering that Bynum has only played in ~69.3% of the games from his second season on, which works out to about 57 games a season, I don't want the Wizards giving Bynum a max contract. If Bynum does miss the entire season, those numbers drop to playing in ~62% of the games from his second season on, which works out to about 51 games a season.

Bynum is simply injured too often to be worth max contract money, and that doesn't even take into account that he is a head case.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#34 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:10 pm

WizardsWorld wrote:I would trade Crawford, Vesley, Ariza and a lotto protected 1st for Williams, Barea

I know most of our fans don't seem too high on Williams anymore like we did on draft night last year... but I still wanna take a chance on him.

C: Nene/Okafor(until traded)
PF: Seraphin/Booker
SF: D.Williams/Singleton
SG: Beal/Webster
PG: Barea/Livingston/Wall(when healthy)

I'm not against acquiring him, but I wouldn't give up a pick if I'm taking back the extra year of salary from Barea's contract. Also, I think it's pretty clear that DWill's future is as a tweener stretch 4 and not at a full-time SF (a la Michael Beasley).
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#35 » by rl25g » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:43 pm

FWIW i think a Singleton and D. Williams forward combo would present a lot of flexibility going forward.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#36 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 pm

rl25g wrote:FWIW i think a Singleton and D. Williams forward combo would present a lot of flexibility going forward.

Interesting thought. Maybe try to deal Booker+Crawford for DWill and use him with Singleton as a hybrid forward tandem off the bench? If we could add in an Ariza for Ridnour swap it would really be nice. And then swap Vesely+2nd for Jimmer?

Nene/Okafor
Seraphin/DWill
Webster/Singleton
Beal/Jimmer
Ridnour/Livingston

Not a huge improvement, unless we can unlock the talent of guys that have been disappointments on other teams. But I've always thought that it's important for bad teams to churn the roster until they find guys they can use.
noworriesinmd
Junior
And1: 69

Post#37 » by noworriesinmd » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 am

IF Wiggins and Parker are franchise changing talents, ala Lebron James...should the Wizards consider asking them to go from High School to the draft?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#38 » by montestewart » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 am

noworriesinmd wrote:IF Wiggins and Parker are franchise changing talents, ala Lebron James...should the Wizards consider asking them to go from High School to the draft?

You can do that under the new CBA? And would they want to skip college in order to come to the Wizards?
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#39 » by Benjammin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 am

montestewart wrote:
noworriesinmd wrote:IF Wiggins and Parker are franchise changing talents, ala Lebron James...should the Wizards consider asking them to go from High School to the draft?

You can do that under the new CBA? And would they want to skip college in order to come to the Wizards?

No. And no.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#40 » by montestewart » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:48 am

Benjammin wrote:
montestewart wrote:

No. And no.

So much for that ray of hope.

Return to Washington Wizards