ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

noworriesinmd
Junior
And1: 69

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#41 » by noworriesinmd » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 am

Could you draft them and then send them to the D-League for one year. That bypasses the current CBA.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#42 » by dangermouse » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 am

I actually like Shabazz more than Parker
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#43 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm

noworriesinmd wrote:Could you draft them and then send them to the D-League for one year. That bypasses the current CBA.

No. They are not eligible for the draft straight out of high school.
JAR69
Senior
And1: 220

Post#44 » by JAR69 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 pm

I see Bynum is saying his knees feel better, but if he is done for the year, will teams want to trade for him to get his Bird rights? I'm wondering if - in case Bynum is done - Philly would be interested in a Bynum for Okafor swap. My guess is they could get more, but Okafor might be a good fit. The idea would not be for the Wizards to resign Bynum, but just to shed the second year of Okafor's contract.
"It takes talent, strategy and millions of dollars to compete in the N.B.A. But regret is the league’s greatest currency." - Howard Beck
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#45 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:29 pm

JAR69 wrote:I see Bynum is saying his knees feel better, but if he is done for the year, will teams want to trade for him to get his Bird rights? I'm wondering if - in case Bynum is done - Philly would be interested in a Bynum for Okafor swap. My guess is they could get more, but Okafor might be a good fit. The idea would not be for the Wizards to resign Bynum, but just to shed the second year of Okafor's contract.

Interesting. This only works if Bynum is done and Philly doesn't want him. I doubt that happens. Philly invested too much in Bynum to give up on him so early. The Wizards would obviously do it in a heartbeat. They dump Okafor and they take a flyer on the possibility that Bynum gets healthy.
JAR69
Senior

Post#46 » by JAR69 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:48 pm

nate33 wrote:
JAR69 wrote:I see Bynum is saying his knees feel better, but if he is done for the year, will teams want to trade for him to get his Bird rights? I'm wondering if - in case Bynum is done - Philly would be interested in a Bynum for Okafor swap. My guess is they could get more, but Okafor might be a good fit. The idea would not be for the Wizards to resign Bynum, but just to shed the second year of Okafor's contract.

Interesting. This only works if Bynum is done and Philly doesn't want him. I doubt that happens. Philly invested too much in Bynum to give up on him so early. The Wizards would obviously do it in a heartbeat. They dump Okafor and they take a flyer on the possibility that Bynum gets healthy.

Yeah, I agree. Just looking for a way out of Okariza. Other than Amare, I think Okafor may have the least tradeable contract in the league, at least until he becomes an expiring next year. Sigh.
"It takes talent, strategy and millions of dollars to compete in the N.B.A. But regret is the league’s greatest currency." - Howard Beck
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#47 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 pm

JAR69 wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Just looking for a way out of Okariza. Other than Amare, I think Okafor may have the least tradeable contract in the league, at least until he becomes an expiring next year. Sigh.

Nah. I don't think Okafor's contract is worst-in-the-league bad. He's still second only to Nene in PER and he plays good defense. Other teams can see that he is struggling as a primary offensive threat, but if he could join a ball club where he could be a role player, he'd still be fairly effective.

If a contender loses an important big man to injury, I could see an Okafor being swapped for an expiring contract - or maybe for a smaller 2-year contract plus an expiring contract. EG isn't the only GM in the league who is a sucker for an "established veteran" big man.
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#48 » by rl25g » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 pm

i remember a couple of weeks ago a Detroit fan asked about a Maggette for Okafor swap ? Not really sure why Detroit would want to do that since they already have Jerebko, Maxiel, Drummond and Monroe. Maybe they are anticipating trading Maxiel's expiring to a contender for a 1st round pick.

At any rate, I came up with a trade that builds off the Magette and Okafor swap and brings D. Williams to DC

Washington trades: Okafor, Vesely, Crawford, Webster
Washington Receives: Williams, Barea, Roy, Daye

Minnesota trades: Williams, Barea, Roy
Minnesota Receives: Magette, Vesely, Webster

Detroit trades: Magette, Daye
Detroit receives: Okafor, Crawford

Washington trades away Okafor's contract and are able to get Williams. They trade Vesely away to a team that better suits him, while adding fillers for depth. We take back Barea's extra 2 years rather than Ridnour.

Wall/Barea
Beal/Martin
Singleton/Ariza
Williams/Booker
Nene/Seraphin

Minnesota trades Williams, their long contract in Barea, and Roy's hopeful expiring for a large expiring contract that could help this offseason, Vesely, who might be able to fit into their style of play, and wing depth in Webster, who played there last year.

Rubio/Ridnour
Shevd/Webster/Lee
Kirilenko/Howard
Love/Vesely
Pecovic/Steisma

Detroit adds Okafor for bigman depth (assuming Maxiel is traded for a late 1st). Okafor also brings the UCONN connection to Drummond. Crawford adds to their SG depth. Daye is thrown in as a filler.

Knight/Stuckey/Bynum
Crawford/Stuckey/English
Prince/Singler
Monroe/Jerebko/Charlie V
Okafor/Drummond
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,811

Post#49 » by tontoz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I would not be opposed to a Nene trade. It is a sure thing that the Wizards won't make the playoffs this year and Nene is aging with a big contract. I am not sure whether the Nene trade will be seen as a net positive if he stays for the duration of his lucrative contract.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#50 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:29 pm

^^ Didn't DET trade for Maggette because his deal was expiring, and give up a pick to make it happen so they could dump Gordon's contract? I don't think they do that and then turn around and negate that cap savings by trading for Okafor.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#51 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:37 pm

GW: Ersan Ilyasova, you know, during the summer was courted by a handful of teams, by the Bucks but most seriously by the Bucks, Nets and Raptors and I have it on very good authority that the Nets are still trying to pursue Ersan and trying to figure out a way in which to obtain him. I think that's something to keep an eye on as we got forward here.

SF: Ersan to Brooklyn!?

GW: Yep.

SF: Okay, so what exactly are the Nets going to want from Brooklyn? I know what I'd want! MarShon Brooks is where I'd start.

GW: Yeah. I'll tell you what. MarShon Brooks would love coming to Milwaukee.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/12/16/377 ... n-ilyasova

Add in the talk that Jennings might be moving on next summer and maybe MIL is looking to make a big move or two. Any way we can get in on that? I'll take a look at the Checker after lunch.
JAR69
Senior

Post#52 » by JAR69 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:34 pm

nate33 wrote:
If a contender loses an important big man to injury, I could see an Okafor being swapped for an expiring contract - or maybe for a smaller 2-year contract plus an expiring contract. EG isn't the only GM in the league who is a sucker for an "established veteran" big man.

I hope you are right, but my guess is any deal is unlikely until the summer at earliest.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#53 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 pm

JAR69 wrote:
nate33 wrote:

I hope you are right, but my guess is any deal is unlikely until the summer at earliest.

There's no point in making a deal in the summer. By then, we would have to take back an equivalent contract so there would be no cap savings.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#54 » by TGW » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:08 pm

May not be the best trade in the world, but how about Wilson Chandler for Jan Vesely and Carter Martin?

Vesely may do better on a team where nothing is expected from him immediately. Wilson Chandler is a bad fit in Denver, and may turn it around on the Wizards. He's only 25 so it's not like we're trading for an old player...he's still young and can improve.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#55 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:32 pm

^^ A follow-up to my post above...

Bucks trade: Ilyasova, Dalembert, and 2nd
Bucks receive: Nene and Brooks

Nets trade: Humphries, Brooks, and 1st
Nets receive: Ilyasova and Ariza

Wizards trade: Nene and Ariza
Wizards receive: Humphries, Dalembert, BKN 1st, and MIL 2nd

We essentially get an expiring for Ariza, and get picks plus a contract that ends in 2014 for Nene. If we're still in tank mode with the current squad, it probably makes sense to get Nene off the books sooner than later.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#56 » by dangermouse » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:51 am

How has Dalembert been this year?
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#57 » by verbal8 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:31 am

dangermouse wrote:How has Dalembert been this year?

Quite a bit better than Okafor.

His numbers are pretty close to his career averages on a per-minute basis. His offensive efficency is pretty good, but his usage is low.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#58 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 pm

hoschkabosch on December 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM said:
I think it is pretty clear Cartier Martin should be our starting SG and Martell Webster our starting SF when John Wall gets back. We should trade Bradley Beal and Nene to the Jazz for Enes Kanter and Al Jefferson so we can have a legitimate Center and an expiring contract to rid ourselves of Nene’s contract. Should trade with the 76ers for Arnett Moultrie. Wall, Martin, Webster, Moultrie, Kanter, with Singleton coming off the bench, that would be a legitimate team.

Who posted this on Ted's Take???
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#59 » by montestewart » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:
hoschkabosch on December 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM said:
I think it is pretty clear Cartier Martin should be our starting SG and Martell Webster our starting SF when John Wall gets back. We should trade Bradley Beal and Nene to the Jazz for Enes Kanter and Al Jefferson so we can have a legitimate Center and an expiring contract to rid ourselves of Nene’s contract. Should trade with the 76ers for Arnett Moultrie. Wall, Martin, Webster, Moultrie, Kanter, with Singleton coming off the bench, that would be a legitimate team.

Who posted this on Ted's Take???

hoschkabosch did
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#60 » by Nivek » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:28 pm

:lol:
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.

Return to Washington Wizards