ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#61 » by montestewart » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 pm

I still think the jerseys makes the players look like they're wearing training bras, the numbers across multiple colors are hard to read, and the design generally mirrors the poor choices made by ownership/management. Change management, then change the uniform.
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#62 » by WizardsWorld » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Agreed... that extra strip across the chest is stupid looking and pointless. If they got rid of that, the jersey wouldn't look too bad. Either way I'm all for changing that up... I wouldn't buy a jersey as a fan with that dumb strip across the chest.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#63 » by verbal8 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:38 am

I wonder if Jimmy Butler might be a good trade target. Maybe send Crawford and Webster to the Bulls in exchange. It might help the Bulls offense and Bulter can't be any worse than our current SFs.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,416

Post#64 » by mhd » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 am

My latest: Wiz trade Emeka+Vessley for Stuckey+Maggette.

Detroit saves roughly 4 million in raw cash this year, while paying roughly that same amount next year (difference between Emeka and Stuckey's salary for next year). Pistons get a rugged center to ease Drummond in while Wiz get a vet PG.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Post#65 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 am

How about: Crawford, Vesely, and Okafor for DeMarcus Cousins, Marcus Thornton, and Chuck Hayes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

The key to this deal is that right now Thornton is slumping and so is Cousins. At the same time, Crawford is surging as a player. The Kings drafted Thomas Robinson and maybe they'd rather have him at PF full time, but with some experience in the middle.
Bye bye Beal.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#66 » by miller31time » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 am

I agree with the board sentiment that this franchise needs to take a big-time gamble move and Demarcus Cousins appears to be the only available "home run" guy out there.

I'd definitely do that trade, CCJ -- the fact that we aren't sending out our 2013 1st round pick is gravy.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,724

Post#67 » by gambitx777 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:00 am

So, I'm just wondering what you guys would think of these.

WIZ GET: Pau
LAKERS GET: Ariza and Okafur with NK's second round pick this year.

its probably a low ball offer, but for the wiz they would only want to flip Pau anyway or keep him and trade him next season. Additional pieces and picks can be added to the trade. But this will help the Lakers D.

this trade was proposed on another board
WIZ GET: Humphries, brooks and a first round pick or two
NETS GET: NENE.

I'm not sure about this trade because NENE is one of the better players on our team and out vet leader. But, getting ride of his contract might be worth the loss? IDK I'm on the fence about it. opinions?
both good, both bad or somewhere in between.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#68 » by AFM » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 am

I read this thread the least because I know any good trade mentioned here by intelligent human beings will never be carried out by Ernie "Mensa" Grunfeld.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#69 » by montestewart » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How about: Crawford, Vesely, and Okafor for DeMarcus Cousins, Marcus Thornton, and Chuck Hayes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

The key to this deal is that right now Thornton is slumping and so is Cousins. At the same time, Crawford is surging as a player. The Kings drafted Thomas Robinson and maybe they'd rather have him at PF full time, but with some experience in the middle.

I'd go for that trade, and don't see a worst case scenario result as being much worse than anything going on around here (could be carrying some salary). But I don't know whether Kings would go for that, and I'm not up for tossing in a 1st Rd. pick unless it's heavily protected off into the future. And there's also
AFM wrote:I read this thread the least because I know any good trade mentioned here by intelligent human beings will never be carried out by Ernie "Mensa" Grunfeld.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#70 » by verbal8 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 am

gambitx777 wrote:So, I'm just wondering what you guys would think of these.

WIZ GET: Pau
LAKERS GET: Ariza and Okafur with NK's second round pick this year.

its probably a low ball offer, but for the wiz they would only want to flip Pau anyway or keep him and trade him next season. Additional pieces and picks can be added to the trade. But this will help the Lakers D.

I don't see getting Gasol without giving up Nene. However any deal that doesn't cost Beal or Wall would probably be a good one. I also don't see any reason for a team to acquire Okafor if you have Dwight Howard.

gambitx777 wrote:this trade was proposed on another board
WIZ GET: Humphries, brooks and a first round pick or two
NETS GET: NENE.

I'm not sure about this trade because NENE is one of the better players on our team and out vet leader. But, getting ride of his contract might be worth the loss? IDK I'm on the fence about it. opinions?
both good, both bad or somewhere in between.

I think the Nets deal is one that could really work for both teams. Brooks doesn't seem ideal as the primary return, but if Beal can play some point or Brooks some SF that opens up the playing time. Also I think that pick would have to be something like 2015, which makes it more valuable IMO.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#71 » by dangermouse » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 am

I think Brooks could fit in at backup SF with some minutes at SG while Wall is out. It opens it up for some great competition between our guards and wings.

I like that deal much more than trading for Pau. Hump brings rebounding which we still need, he would fit well next to Seraphin.

And it gets us out of Nene's deal, which I think would be worth it if it wasnt for his injury concerns. Future cap flexibility looks a lot more appetising now than having his veteran leadership and sore feet on the team.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#72 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm desperately trying to find a way to get Kevin Love on this team without giving up Wall or Nene.

How about
Washington sends: Emeka Okafor, Bradley Beal, Trevor Booker, and a 2013 top 3 protected first round pick
Washington receives: Kevin Love and Luke Ridnour
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#73 » by Nivek » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Why protect Wall and Nene? Just trade both of them for Love. Keep the draft pick.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#74 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Nivek wrote:Why protect Wall and Nene? Just trade both of them for Love. Keep the draft pick.

Well I was hoping to keep Wall to pair with Love and I'm not sure Minnesota would even want him since they have Rubio. Also I think I'd rather give up a protected pick than loose Wall.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#75 » by Nivek » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Given Wall's knee issue, offensive inefficiency and pending contract, I'd rather start over with a new draft prospect. I can see the argument for sticking with him -- he's a great athlete, he's young, and the start of his career was more than superficially similar to players like Russell Westbrook and Isiah Thomas.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,593

Post#76 » by pancakes3 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Sunshine and Lollipops, GoG and it's not just you. Usually it's what separates the GMs from the fans (but not in our case).

Rest assured though, I doubt that the Rubio-enamored Twolves would even want Wall.

The problem with our roster is that our only real bargaining chips rest with the expirings of OkarRiza. Singleton, Booker, and Seraphin are only deal sweeteners - not core pieces. Expiring contracts can win except it requires a) a rich team and b) an impending free agent.

All of the rich teams are pretty set, rosterwise (LA, Chicago, New York). Dallas may look to rebuild but OJ Mayo is turning out to be Brandon Roy-esque for them. Furthermore, the list of 2014 FA (when our OkaRiza deal is up) looks to be pretty thin. Aside from guys coming off rookie contracts, you've only got Monta Ellis, Danny Granger, Dirk, and Gasol to resign. No LBJ/Wade/Bosh sweepstakes or even a Dwight/CP3 sweepstakes for a team to desperately suck up expirings to make a run for.
Bullets -> Wizards
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#77 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Nivek wrote:Given Wall's knee issue, offensive inefficiency and pending contract, I'd rather start over with a new draft prospect. I can see the argument for sticking with him -- he's a great athlete, he's young, and the start of his career was more than superficially similar to players like Russell Westbrook and Isiah Thomas.

Agreed. If we could trade Wall for a stud like Love, or for a top 3 pick in this draft or the next, I'd be all over it.

This team is in shambles. There are no foundation pieces except Wall (and that's not even a certainty). We don't need to be in the position of having to decide to resign Wall to a max contract when we haven't even built a team around him.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#78 » by Illuminaire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Is it bad that I'd like to see the Wizards trade Wall because I *like* John and want to see him play on a good team? You know, one with real NBA players and a competent medical staff?
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#79 » by pspot » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Raps Fan

Would you guys be interested in a Bargs/Fields for Ok and Vesley or Ariza deal
nm
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#80 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:36 pm

pspot wrote:Raps Fan

Would you guys be interested in a Bargs/Fields for Ok and Vesley or Ariza deal

Not at all.

We are in the same boat as you. We suck and know we're not going to compete this year. We are looking to dump overpaid vets, tank, and free up cap room; just like you are. Therefore, we make lousy trading partners.

Return to Washington Wizards