ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#81 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 pm

pspot wrote:Raps Fan

Would you guys be interested in a Bargs/Fields for Ok and Vesley or Ariza deal

We've discussed Okafor for Bargs straight up before, but most would rather swap Okafor for an expiring contract if possible (such as Jose Calderon). The Fields for Vesely+Ariza part of the trade will probably be more evenly debated.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#82 » by pspot » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 pm

nate33 wrote:

Not at all.

We are in the same boat as you. We suck and know we're not going to compete this year. We are looking to dump overpaid vets, tank, and free up cap room; just like you are. Therefore, we make lousy trading partners.

Thanks guys

Bargnani isn't necessarily an overpaid vet, he makes 10 mill a year which isn't out of line with what he brings. The guy can score and has a lot of talent. He'd be a good fit next to Nene and a rebounding SF

Being picked 1st overall has affected the expectations of him in Toronto and he doesn't really fit with what Casey is trying to do. But its not like he's paid like a franchise #1 option player.
nm
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#83 » by Illuminaire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Agree to disagree on Il Mago. We've had a stretch-four who can't defend his own shadow before. Difference was, Jamison actually shot efficiently, could post up smaller players, and cleaned the defensive glass. :P
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#84 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:32 pm

The problem is I don't think the Wizards have anyone that other teams want. Even our best asset John Wall has disappointed, can't shoot, turns it over too much, and now has a bad knee that is probably a chronic long term problem. Vesely is worthless. Nene is out of shape, has a huge contract and a bad foot. Maybe Seraphin has some value, and Beal?

I had hopes for this season. This team is really a mess.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,846

Post#85 » by payitforward » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Bargnani he a bust.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,853

Post#86 » by Wizardspride » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:I'm desperately trying to find a way to get Kevin Love on this team without giving up Wall or Nene.

Love isn't sure about the Timberwolves' long term prospects so what makes you think he'd be cool playing for us?
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Illuminaire
Veteran

Post#87 » by Illuminaire » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 am

We'd have a few years to figure that out, Wizardspride. Tis' better to try and fail to land a star than to never have a star at all.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#88 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Illuminaire wrote:We'd have a few years to figure that out, Wizardspride. Tis' better to try and fail to land a star than to never have a star at all.

Isn't that the same case for Minny to keep him? Yeah, he's unhappy. But they've got him under contract for a few more years, so they can keep trying to build the right team around him. No need to move him now IMO.
Illuminaire
Veteran

Post#89 » by Illuminaire » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm

You're right, Rico. Minny should keep him. But teams make horrible mistakes all the time... I mean, look at our FO.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#90 » by jivelikenice » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:58 pm

If Ernie had any intelligence (which he doesn't) he would aggressively shop Nene and Jordan Crawford right now. Nene is really playing well in his limited minutes and a team that's will to dip into the luxury tax would probably be willing to take him on and give us a decent return. Ernie should also aggressively shop Jordan Crawford. He's playing better basketball but for him to play at this level he needs to be such a high usage player and his defensie is still terrible. He also will be a RFA at the end of next year and does anyone here really want to give him a contract extension? He's played himself into having some value again and I would jump on a trade immediately if it was out there. Unfortunately Ernie and Ted seem like eternal optimists and they probably view Jordan and Nene's production as a sign of the puzzle coming together. Fools
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#91 » by TGW » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 pm

jivelikenice wrote:If Ernie had any intelligence (which he doesn't) he would aggressively shop Nene and Jordan Crawford right now. Nene is really playing well in his limited minutes and a team that's will to dip into the luxury tax would probably be willing to take him on and give us a decent return. Ernie should also aggressively shop Jordan Crawford. He's playing better basketball but for him to play at this level he needs to be such a high usage player and his defensie is still terrible. He also will be a RFA at the end of next year and does anyone here really want to give him a contract extension? He's played himself into having some value again and I would jump on a trade immediately if it was out there. Unfortunately Ernie and Ted seem like eternal optimists and they probably view Jordan and Nene's production as a sign of the puzzle coming together. Fools

Completely agree. I would try and move both guys for one reliable player (Nene can't even be counted on to play 25 mpg) that is injury free and produces consistently.

Honestly, if we could get Gasol for this package, we should do it. Gasol needs a change of scenery, and we could use a vet that actually produces and plays.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#92 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:23 pm

^ Eh, I don't think Nene for Gasol would happen. Nene doesn't fit in with the Lakers IMO. And I'm sure Ted will keep holding onto "once Nene and Wall are both healthy..." while there's still a chance Wall could play this year. And he may hold onto that for another full season, especially if Wall misses the rest of the year and Nene then sits to rest his foot.

I actually think it's more likely that they try to add another piece, figuring that they can combine that piece with Wall, Beal, Nene and our lottery pick to make a run next year. That's just Ted's strategy IMO - the eternal optimist.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#93 » by jivelikenice » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 pm

^I don't see them trading Nene because I don't think Ted will admit that they're starting over agian. I agree with you that they'll look to add a piece or two to this mix in the hopes that it will bring it together....I don't see them trading their pick until the draft comes along (although I really doubt they use their pick this year)
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#94 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 am

nate33 wrote:

Not at all.

We are in the same boat as you. We suck and know we're not going to compete this year. We are looking to dump overpaid vets, tank, and free up cap room; just like you are. Therefore, we make lousy trading partners.

The sad part about is that both Bryan Colangelo and Ernie Grunfield may have the opposite strategy of what you just said (instead looking to make win now moves around their current rosters to get 8th).

Which is why I still think Washington is most likely landing spot for Bargs. I've been thinking about a Bargnani for Okafor swap for a while but maybe the deal is Bargnani for Ariza and Vesely. This allows Washington to believe that Bargnani, Nene and Okafor as the 3 big lineup is a complimentary fit that's playoff caliber. Like the Okafor Ariza deal it's Grunfield doing a "Hey, we could get a better player while giving up almost nothing!" type of strategy. Toronto flat out dumps Bargnani, but gives Vesely some burn and then BC moves onto another deal to try and save his ass, like trading Ross and Calderon for Granger

Another deal I was thinking of is a 3 way where Toronto trades Bargnani for Humphries, Brooklyn gets Okafor for Humphries and Washington gets Bargnani for Okafor
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#95 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:58 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Not at all.

The sad part about is that both Bryan Colangelo and Ernie Grunfield may have the opposite strategy of what you just said (instead looking to make win now moves around their current rosters to get 8th).

Which is why I still think Washington is most likely landing spot for Bargs. I've been thinking about a Bargnani for Okafor swap for a while but maybe the deal is Bargnani for Ariza and Vesely.

You may be right about the first part. It wouldn't surprise me if EG is delusional and/or desperate enough to try to add more veterans at even more salary. That said, if a Bargnani trade is made, you can be sure that it would be Okafor going out, not Ariza + Vesely. The Wizards are chock full of burly PF/C types in Okafor, Nene and Seraphin and can hardly find room for all 3. They won't add Bargnani without unloading a PF/C to make room.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#96 » by LyricalRico » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 am

^ Yeah, it would definitely be Okafor for Bargs, possibly with some fillers added. I actually wouldn't mind something like this:

Wizards trade: Okafor+Ariza+Vesely
Raptors trade: Bargs+Calderon+Gray

Not sure of Toronto would go for it, but it gives us a frontcourt scorer and some 2013 cap space. We could even add Minny and send them Ariza+Crawford+Booker for Ridnour+DWill. Then next year we could have:

Nene/Seraphin
Bargs/DWill
Muhammed(?)/Singleton
Beal/Webster
Wall/Ridnour

Should at least be fun to watch...
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,724

Post#97 » by gambitx777 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:22 am

OK, I do not like the idea of trading John Wall but I think that we should at least talk about what we could get out of a john wall trade.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bwq49mr
kings get bostons 2013 1st and the Wiz get the kings first pick, #1 protected in 2013.
or
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blv3mzp
Wiz get their first round pick 2013.
or
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6t82hp
Wiz get the bucks first and Jennings must agree to an extension.
??? i don't like the idea of trading wall but thoughts?
and if we trade wall we should probably just hit the reset button and trade NENE okafur and ariza as well. if we do where should we move them to?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#98 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 am

gambitx777 wrote:OK, I do not like the idea of trading John Wall but I think that we should at least talk about what we could get out of a john wall trade.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bwq49mr
kings get bostons 2013 1st and the Wiz get the kings first pick, #1 protected in 2013.
or
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blv3mzp
Wiz get their first round pick 2013.
or
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6t82hp
Wiz get the bucks first and Jennings must agree to an extension.
??? i don't like the idea of trading wall but thoughts?
and if we trade wall we should probably just hit the reset button and trade NENE okafur and ariza as well. if we do where should we move them to?

For cryin' out loud. Take the effort to actually post the trades. Don't make me click on extra links.

And yes, I would trade Wall for Sacramento's #1 protected 2013 1st round pick, assuming that defaults to an unprotected pick in 2014.
mg
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#99 » by mg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:52 am

The Kings have already traded their 2013 pick (protected) to Cleveland in that Hickson deal last year so we can nix that idea.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#100 » by dangermouse » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:18 am

I don't like the idea of trading Wall, because we won't even get close to equal value right now.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.

Return to Washington Wizards