ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#821 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm

nuposse04 wrote:I might get bashed for this...but what about Al Harrington as a Stretch 4...I think he's recovering from a staph infection or something...

Ariza+Booker for Harrington (If healthy)

I mean his last two years are not guaranteed...so...maybe?

Harrington played the 4 a lot with the Hawks. He was the worst defender at the 4 i have ever seen.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#822 » by nuposse04 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 pm

That was back in like 05-06, maybe he learned some facets of proper defense since then? Or am I being too optimistic. A stretch 4 would do wonders for us, I'm trying to find somebody on a reasonable contract who could fulfill that role :/
tontoz
RealGM

Post#823 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 pm

nuposse04 wrote:That was back in like 05-06, maybe he learned some facets of proper defense since then? Or am I being too optimistic. A stretch 4 would do wonders for us, I'm trying to find somebody on a reasonable contract who could fulfill that role :/

Derrick Williams. I don't see how Minny can justify keeping him since they will almost certainly keep Love. I am sure he can be had i just don't know what it would take.

Harrington had no hops even in his prime. He couldn't contest anyone's shot inside so he would literally just step aside and let them score near the basket.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#824 » by nuposse04 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 pm

tontoz wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:That was back in like 05-06, maybe he learned some facets of proper defense since then? Or am I being too optimistic. A stretch 4 would do wonders for us, I'm trying to find somebody on a reasonable contract who could fulfill that role :/

Derrick Williams. I don't see how Minny can justify keeping him. I am sure he can be had i just don't know what it would take.

Williams would be ideal, and originally I didn't want to give Seraphin for him, but I'm thinking either a coaching change may get through to Seraphin better or just more accountability.

I'd do Seraphin+Crawford+Booker For Williams, but I think Minny is going to wait till the trade deadline.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#825 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 pm

nuposse04 wrote:I'd do Seraphin+Crawford+Booker For Williams, but I think Minny is going to wait till the trade deadline.

Same here. Then make the much discussed Ariza+Vesely+pick (protected) for Rudy Gay and I think we'd be pretty balanced. Maybe bring back Barron for depth in the middle?

Okafor/Barron
Nene/Williams
Gay/Webster
Beal/Temple
Wall/Price
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#826 » by Nivek » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I'd do that Williams trade, but I'd skip the Gay deal. Would rather pick someone up from the scrap heap temporarily than take on that third year at $19+ million.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#827 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 pm

^ But where's the fun in that? We need trades, man!

:D
popper
Veteran
And1: 365

Post#828 » by popper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:59 pm

I've changed my mind on trading Okafor unless we get something really good in return. How are we going to compete in the future without an experienced, rim protecting, rebounding big man. Nene can't do it alone and Seraphon doesn't rebound. Shouldn't we wait until after the draft to see what big we can get to replace him? We should move two of Ariza, Singleton or Booker in the meantime.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#829 » by shrink » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 pm

tontoz wrote:

Derrick Williams. I don't see how Minny can justify keeping him since they will almost certainly keep Love. I am sure he can be had i just don't know what it would take.

Just thought you guys would be interested:

Darren Wolfson - MIN ESPN 1500 ‏@DarrenWolfson
Told Derrick Williams is being shopped heavily.

It's interesting because generally lottery players aren't for sale, because bad teams aren't win-now in one season, and because teams have generally sunk marketing and fan interest into top lottery picks. Situations make MIN win-now, and fans of the youth focus on Rubio, which makes Williams available far earlier than most guys drafted in the lottery.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#830 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 pm

I dont think we should give our pick for love. he looks like he might develop injury issues. and no way i trade wall for those packages. we need to get more out of wall if we trade him. Some nice young players and a first round pick at the least.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#831 » by nuposse04 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm

I wouldn't give up much more than the original offer, Seraphin+JC+Booker. If you are in need of another defensive wingman, Ariza is available as well, admittingly, he isn't shooting well...but he's actually been doing everything else fairly well. He's actually been pretty good for us as far depth goes. We're definitely interested, but only for the right price.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#832 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 pm

what about this trade ?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bz82wue
3 way with mini and magic
Wiz gets : D will and Roy.
Magic gets : Barea or Ridnour and Crawford, Maybe a first round pick from mini.
Mini gets : Ariza and Redick and maybe the NYK second round pick from the wiz.

We buy out roy and take the cap room and Crawford and ariza won't be missed and we add Dwill.
Orlando gets guard help and another first round pick to use in their rebuild.
Mini gets a legit 2 guard and the vet Sf that they are looking for.

if orlando wants more we can always give them booker, singleton since they can both play the 3 and they are weak there just for filler and they we keep our second. Also mini has two first rounders this year so they would probably be ok moving it.

after this move we could move NENE work parts and picks, i agree i do not mind holding on to ariza for a while but if we can get cap room, young talent or picks out of him i say we do it.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#833 » by mhd » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Does it make sense NOT to trade Emeka for anything less than a 1st rounder this year? Tons of teams will have cap space this year and we are not an attractive destination yet. An expiring Emeka will be better than any big we could get on a comparable cheap deal. We could perhaps resign him to a more modest 3/18 deal after he expires?

Ariza is certainly expendable though.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#834 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm

popper wrote:I've changed my mind on trading Okafor unless we get something really good in return. How are we going to compete in the future without an experienced, rim protecting, rebounding big man. Nene can't do it alone and Seraphon doesn't rebound. Shouldn't we wait until after the draft to see what big we can get to replace him? We should move two of Ariza, Singleton or Booker in the meantime.

Now your coming around.

Okafor for one more year and then if they want, they can sign him cheap to come off the bench.

Cousin is free to come here in 2014/15 If he really wants to come, he will. Obviously the Wizards would need to know this for sure through John.

I would be keeping my eye peeled for a best SF in the draft.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Otto-Porter-6528/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/C.J.-Leslie-5736/

Trades are still an option, but not needed. Wiz can get there just by keeping most of what they have, drafting and then resigning players like Trevor A and Okafor for cheaper after next year. And getting Cousins as a walk on. The big question is will Kevin or Ves every develop enough to be a starter. If either does, they have two young PF already when Nene gets to old to start.

Lots will be determined by how well they play now that they are getting healthy. Still need Crawford back and Wall still needs to find a location or two on the floor where he can reliably shoot.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#835 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 am

shrink wrote:Just thought you guys would be interested:

Darren Wolfson - MIN ESPN 1500 ‏@DarrenWolfson
Told Derrick Williams is being shopped heavily.

It's interesting because generally lottery players aren't for sale, because bad teams aren't win-now in one season, and because teams have generally sunk marketing and fan interest into top lottery picks. Situations make MIN win-now, and fans of the youth focus on Rubio, which makes Williams available far earlier than most guys drafted in the lottery.

I really thought the Wizards had a chance to trade for him on draft day (McGee + 6th pick for 2nd pick). Now i just feel like Minny could probably get a better offer from another team.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#836 » by jivelikenice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 am

nuposse04 wrote: can justify keeping him. I am sure he can be had i just don't know what it would take.

Williams would be ideal, and originally I didn't want to give Seraphin for him, but I'm thinking either a coaching change may get through to Seraphin better or just more accountability.

I'd do Seraphin+Crawford+Booker For Williams, but I think Minny is going to wait till the trade deadline.[/quote]

You folks are extremely over valuing Williams. It's a red flag that he's already on the block and getting minimal pt even with Love out. Forgot to throw in his poor play...when he is dealt to whomever, the trade will be for much less than you guys are expecting
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#837 » by Nivek » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 am

Less than Seraphin, Crawford and Booker? Wow.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#838 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am

True, when i was over at an old forum i proposed many different D will trades toe the mini fans, They were way over valuing him. They were talking about getting all these high caliber players for D will and picks and I was just like really guys? I told them something like this. He really is not all that valuable to Mini. He is not only coming alone slower than he was supposed to be but Mini has done nothing to add to his value. They have devalued him greatly. They have not been keeping a lid on how unhappy that they are with him and back in the draft word was that they did not even want to draft him. Every one knows that they don't want him. Plus they have not tried anything to up his trade value, they are not giving him minute at all. they should be letting him play his way in to some trade value but they continue to under and miss use him. They are going to end up taking whatever they can get for him.

As i posted above i think our best shot at getting him would be a 3 way of some kind. like one with orlando, atlanta, the kings or the suns.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#839 » by dangermouse » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am

gambitx777 wrote:what about this trade ?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bz82wue
3 way with mini and magic
Wiz gets : D will and Roy.
Magic gets : Barea or Ridnour and Crawford, Maybe a first round pick from mini.
Mini gets : Ariza and Redick and maybe the NYK second round pick from the wiz.

We buy out roy and take the cap room and Crawford and ariza won't be missed and we add Dwill.
Orlando gets guard help and another first round pick to use in their rebuild.
Mini gets a legit 2 guard and the vet Sf that they are looking for.

if orlando wants more we can always give them booker, singleton since they can both play the 3 and they are weak there just for filler and they we keep our second. Also mini has two first rounders this year so they would probably be ok moving it.

after this move we could move NENE work parts and picks, i agree i do not mind holding on to ariza for a while but if we can get cap room, young talent or picks out of him i say we do it.

I like this one a lot. And you know Minnesota will go for it, because they get a good white guy. I have a feeling Orlando would just cut us out to get at DWill themselves, though.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 896

Post#840 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 am

jivelikenice wrote:
nuposse04 wrote: can justify keeping him. I am sure he can be had i just don't know what it would take.

I'd do Seraphin+Crawford+Booker For Williams, but I think Minny is going to wait till the trade deadline.

You folks are extremely over valuing Williams. It's a red flag that he's already on the block and getting minimal pt even with Love out. Forgot to throw in his poor play...when he is dealt to whomever, the trade will be for much less than you guys are expecting[/quote]

Well we have several players that could work in a deal for DWill... we could do a Crawford, Booker, Singleton package, or Crawford with Vesely would also work.

I think either of those would be pretty fair deals & could be good for Minn.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith

Return to Washington Wizards