ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#1041 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 pm

^ Welcome! I don't think Parsons+Patterson are worth an unprotected pick. But Seraphin for Patterson straight up could be interesting, especially if we made other deals involving Booker/Vesely.
bjack18
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#1042 » by bjack18 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 pm

btw the current five wouldn't be too shabby either

wall price
beal crawford
parsons ariza webster
nene patterson
okafor ??
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1043 » by nuposse04 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Patterson isn't much of a rebounder either, but his numbers per 36 do show he has become a threat from 3 point land. He could be the stretch 4 that we've been long after. Actually, his rebounding is probably down because he's playing next to Omer this year. I'm not sure that Hou would want Seraphin as Greg Smith is playing very well in limited minutes for them.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,005

Post#1044 » by Dark Faze » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Gotta wonder if there's anything we can do to get Torontos pick from OKC (top 3 protected? unsure). The Thunder can barely pay the guys they have and have high ceiling guys like Perry and Lamb that aren't even getting playing time. Giving them someone like Booker or Singleton who can contribute now might net us the pick.
bjack18
Freshman

Post#1045 » by bjack18 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Ok forget seraphin/patterson would anyone else trade 2013 1st straight up for Parsons...solid two-way small forward in only his 2nd yr he's cheap making less than 900k for the next 2yrs and i really think a perfect fit on this team his numbers 15ppg 6rpg 3apg and i like that as a 2nd round pick he proved the naysayers wrong not to mention watching him go up against Kobe his rookie dude never backed down or played with fear on both ends his PER is only 15 but thats a byproduct of playing with an avg pg and high volume shooter in harden...
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#1046 » by nuposse04 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Gotta wonder if there's anything we can do to get Torontos pick from OKC (top 3 protected? unsure). The Thunder can barely pay the guys they have and have high ceiling guys like Perry and Lamb that aren't even getting playing time. Giving them someone like Booker or Singleton who can contribute now might net us the pick.

Personally I think OKC is better run then MEM, but that is a situation I'd love to try to take advantage of. Booker might need to increase his level play while approaching the trade deadline for them to begin to entertain that idea.
rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Post#1047 » by rockymac52 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:15 pm

I would LOVE acquiring the Toronto pick from OKC, but for the same reasons that I want the pick, I can't see OKC giving it up. They have the opportunity to get a top notch talent on a rookie deal for the next 3-4 years. Especially if you have a lot of faith in their scouting abilities. That trade was phenomenal for them, simply because of that draft pick. It's a chance to acquire another top tier player, potentially. Why would they give that up for a guy like Booker or Seraphin?

They're in no rush to win it now. They have a team that can win it now and for years and years to come. They have time to wait for their young prospects to blossom.

I can't see them trading that pick to us unless we give up a good haul, in which it probably isn't worth it anymore.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#1048 » by nuposse04 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 pm

So the one rockets fan that gave me input on their asking price for Patterson leads me to believe he just needs change of scenery...that and their asking price is pretty low on him...like a 2nd+matching contract would probably get the job done. I'd definitely do something like Booker/Singleton+2nd rounder. Might be a good chance to deal JC as well.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1049 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm

bjack18 wrote:Ok forget seraphin/patterson would anyone else trade 2013 1st straight up for Parsons...solid two-way small forward in only his 2nd yr he's cheap making less than 900k for the next 2yrs and i really think a perfect fit on this team his numbers 15ppg 6rpg 3apg and i like that as a 2nd round pick he proved the naysayers wrong not to mention watching him go up against Kobe his rookie dude never backed down or played with fear on both ends his PER is only 15 but thats a byproduct of playing with an avg pg and high volume shooter in harden...

I'd rather just keep Webster than give up a lottery pick for Parsons.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#1050 » by TGW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 pm

bjack18 wrote:Ok forget seraphin/patterson would anyone else trade 2013 1st straight up for Parsons...solid two-way small forward in only his 2nd yr he's cheap making less than 900k for the next 2yrs and i really think a perfect fit on this team his numbers 15ppg 6rpg 3apg and i like that as a 2nd round pick he proved the naysayers wrong not to mention watching him go up against Kobe his rookie dude never backed down or played with fear on both ends his PER is only 15 but thats a byproduct of playing with an avg pg and high volume shooter in harden...

No
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1051 » by Dat2U » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Wasnt OKC rumored to be the team interest in Seraphin???

If we want that Toronto pick, my best guess would be to offer Seraphin and filler and take Perkins contract off their hands. But they are playing so well I'm not sure the impetus is there for them to make that move. Perkins is really a shell of his former self but it's not like he's really killing them with his on court play.

If we did get that '13 pick from Toronto I'd offer to change the protection to lottery protected this year and unprotected in 2014.
bjack18
Freshman

Post#1052 » by bjack18 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 pm

lol...c'mon tgw dont sleep on Parsons... unless you like Otto Porter or want to tank next year in the hopes of landing Wiggins or Parker...there aren't too many sfs who are good,young,cheap and with room to get better....i like Webster too but Parsons is a big upgrade
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1053 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

^ You might be onto something Dat, although I'd prefer to send Perkins to a third team and get back a third guard or a true PF. Assuming we kept Okafor, I'd hate to pay Perkins to ride the bench.

EDIT TO ADD: Here's an example of what I mean:

Wizards trade: Seraphin, Booker, and Crawford
Wizards receive: JRich and TOR protected pick

Thunder trade: Perkins and TOR pick
Thunder receive: Seraphin, Booker, and D.Wright

Sixers trade: JRich and D.Wright
Sixers receive: Perkins and Crawford

Philly gets help in the middle since Bynum looks done, OKC cuts cap and gets young bigs, and the Wiz take on an extra year of salary to get a pick.
thinker07
Junior
And1: 75

Post#1054 » by thinker07 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 am

There's a big post on Wiz trades in this HoopsWorld Blog

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-would-the-celtics-trade-paul-pierce/

The gist of it is that there's a lot of interest in Crawford around the league and the article suggests again that the Wiz are in on Gay - suggesting a Crawford, Webster, and Ariza out and Gay in. This would require a third team because the salaries don't match.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#1055 » by Deivy202 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

Per hoopworld.

That’s doesn’t mean Washington isn’t looking to shake some things up. Sources close to the process peg the Wizards as a front runner in the ongoing Rudy Gay talks with Memphis and that they do have several other situations they are involved in. The Wizards are not sending out rookie Bradley Beal as some have reported, but they do have several pieces that are moveable and attractive. HoopsWorld

YES PLEASE GET RUDY GAY!!!!

Guys need to realize our teams been better and we are gonna be out of the top 10 first round pick mark along with Craw playing good now is the time to aim for someone that can really solidfie our SF position. Lets face it nobody on our SF position even avgs 10 points a game atleast rudys career is 18 with upside.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1056 » by dangermouse » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 am

That doesnt seem like enough salary going to Memphis.... Nope, doesnt even come close.

Personally i'd rather just keep Webster and re-sign him for a third of what Gay makes.

Then again, if a trade like above (but tweaked for salaries to match) goes down, then ill probably initially say i like it. Wall/Beal/Gay could be pretty good. Hell, a lineup of Wall/Beal/Gay/Nene/Okafor could be a deep playoff team.

We would have to include Okafor somehow to make it work i think, and that really changes the lineup, subbing in Seraphin in place of Okafor. He isnt ready, we would be capped out and wouldnt have the depth to make any playoff noise right away.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#1057 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 am

What do y'all think of this trade? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=baou5sv
Washington trades Emeka Okafor, Jordan Craford, Kevin Seraphin, 1st rd pick from Boston, 2nd rd pick
Boston trades Brandon Bass, Jeff Green, 1st rd pick
Sacramento trades Demarcus Cousins, Francisco Garcia/John Salmons
Was gets Demarcus Cousins, Brandon Bass, Garcia/Salmons
Bos gets Okafor, Crawford
Sac gets Green, Seraphin, 1st rd pick from Bos, and 2nd rd pick from Was

Our line-up:
Wall/Price/Temple
Beal/Garcia/Martin
Webster/Ariza/Singleton
Bass/Booker/Vesely
Cousins/re-sign Barron?

Maybe, we can round out the roster with a Nene for Humphries, Brooks and 1st rd pick from Brooklyn.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,724

Post#1058 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 am

We should not touch gay! his contract is horid and he is way to over paid, for his play. even if we fall out of the top 3 Otto porter and GRIII are still going to be available.

I would trade NENE for hump brooks and a first this year. That would give us some nice trade chips going forward. and we could trade up with a team trading back in the draft to safe money. get with in the 10-15 range and get some nice players. that would mean ariza, hump and okafur would be expiring after next season making all 3 of them tradable. We could just wait and use those contracts to get better and more fairly paid players in the summer. OR just let them expire and be big players in the 2014 fre agency
ALSO did not know this but ESPN free agents list says that we had a ETO on okafur. . .
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85896 ... -2013-2014
meaning his contracts is more valuable now than we thought.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,005

Post#1059 » by Dark Faze » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm not a fan of Gay at his salary. The consequences of a Webster/Ariza/Okafor Swap for Gay could be monstrous. Just in terms of the fall in rebounding, perimeter defense, etc just in turn for a guy who can score a little more consistently.

No, I hope we stay away from that contract.

I don't think we need to do anything before the deadline unless there's a great deal out there like a Dwight Howard. Otherwise we need to see where we're picking before we do anything.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#1060 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:35 pm

thinker07 wrote:There's a big post on Wiz trades in this HoopsWorld Blog

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-would-the-celtics-trade-paul-pierce/

The gist of it is that there's a lot of interest in Crawford around the league and the article suggests again that the Wiz are in on Gay - suggesting a Crawford, Webster, and Ariza out and Gay in. This would require a third team because the salaries don't match.

Disregard all rumors involving Gay. It's just Memphis trying to increase his trade value.

Return to Washington Wizards